Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

I went from 1.9MB to 1.0MB when I moved houses a couple of months ago. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Nitr0 posted:

3.5MB is pretty drat good, geez you spoiled people.

It's also the matter of getting what we're paying for from our ISPs. If I was paying for 50Mbit and only getting 13Mbit service, I'd be complaining too.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Reminder: You are on home connections paying less than $50 (assumedly) per month. If you want dedicated 50Mb then get ready to pay for it.

Biowarfare posted:

It's actually really loving horrible once you realise that the only reason it isn't 10.0MB+ is because of greed, monopolies, and taxpayer money being used as C-level bonuses

Yea that's the only reason.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

jarito posted:

Lastly - To those having issues with CouchPotato. In the settings, it defaults to not downloading anything over 300 days. If you have a longer retention, up it in the settings and it should start finding things.

Oh for gently caress's sake. I'm sure that's at least part of the issues I've been having.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Nitr0 posted:

Reminder: You are on home connections paying less than $50 (assumedly) per month. If you want dedicated 50Mb then get ready to pay for it.

I pay $65 a month for 27Mbit and the 55 Mbit package is $95. Which is probably the reason I get what I pay for in my case. It's not oversold and under-provisioned in my particular area.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

I am starting to get impatient waiting for bonded ADSL2... That said, no way in hell will I give Comcast money, or any more to AT&T for that matter.

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.

duz posted:

Incorrect. Active monitoring and other forms of proactive responses do not remove safe harbors despite lawsuits to the contrary.

Aw gently caress, you're right. The ISP provisions of the 512 immunity (part a) are pretty easy to comply with. I was thinking common carrier, but then got lazy and only read for the part I was looking for in part b.

Nitr0 posted:

When you make a deal with the devil...

KennyG fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Jan 31, 2012

bort
Mar 13, 2003

jarito posted:

Downloaded something from dropbox and jumped on a popular torrent and reached 3.5 MB. Better, but still not great.
That's less than 30 megabit. You sure your modem supports 50?

KennyG posted:

When you make a deal with the devil...
Does the subordinate clause have something to do with the devil giving you 50 megabit?

bort fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Jan 31, 2012

jarito
Aug 26, 2003

Biscuit Hider

bort posted:

Yep, supposedly.

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
Is there a normal method for asking ISPs to bring service into an area? Where I live we have no cable, DSL, or really anything. There's about 25-35 residences on the street, but I have no idea how far away the nearest service is (or how to find out).

bort
Mar 13, 2003

jarito posted:

Yep, supposedly.
You certain your router has no QoS enabled?

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

EvilMoFo posted:

I am starting to get impatient waiting for bonded ADSL2... That said, no way in hell will I give Comcast money, or any more to AT&T for that matter.

Sonic is rolling out 100/1000 symmetrical FTT{H,P} in California afaik, pricing is something like $40-70

EC posted:

Is there a normal method for asking ISPs to bring service into an area? Where I live we have no cable, DSL, or really anything. There's about 25-35 residences on the street, but I have no idea how far away the nearest service is (or how to find out).

Yes, by fronting $1m

KennyG
Oct 22, 2002
Here to blow my own horn.

bort posted:

Does the subordinate clause have something to do with the devil giving you 50 megabit?

Mine had more to do with my opinion that comcast is the devil.
"It's craptastic!™"

25/25

KennyG fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 31, 2012

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

KennyG posted:

Aw gently caress, you're right. The ISP provisions of the 512 immunity (part a) are pretty easy to comply with. I was thinking common carrier, but then got lazy and only read for the part I was looking for in part b.

Which part are you referring to? http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/usc_sec_17_00000512----000-.html

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Biowarfare posted:

It's actually really loving horrible once you realise that the only reason it isn't 10.0MB+ is because of greed, monopolies, and taxpayer money being used as C-level bonuses

While I agree, it's a little confounding to that theory that I'm paying Charter $65/month for 100/5 on which I get consistent 11MB/s downloads. And I live in a town with a whopping 5,000 people.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Thermopyle posted:

While I agree, it's a little confounding to that theory that I'm paying Charter $65/month for 100/5 on which I get consistent 11MB/s downloads. And I live in a town with a whopping 5,000 people.

Where the hell are you getting 100/5 from Charter for $65? I pay $55 (would be $65 without TV) and they just upgraded us from 18/2 to 30/4.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Where the hell are you getting 100/5 from Charter for $65? I pay $55 (would be $65 without TV) and they just upgraded us from 18/2 to 30/4.

I'm within 60 miles of St. Louis.

edit: Oops, sorry. I have my bill set up on autopay and it's been awhile since I looked at it. I actually pay $85

Galg
Jun 5, 2004

How can I make this as complicated as possible?
Yup, $85 is what I pay also. Supernews doesn't usually max it out, unless the post is very new. Typical speeds for me are 8-10MB/s.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I had a bunch of downloads that were listed at 0.00mb left in my queue but none moved to processing/unpacking phase. I had to restart my computer so I paused all downloads, but now that I've restarted, all those downloads that I was waiting on are listed in the history as completed downloads, but the files are nowhere to be found. What the hell just happened??

edit: Yeah it appears as though all the files I'd spend the past hour downloading got deleted or something. Awesome.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Feb 1, 2012

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

Biowarfare posted:

Sonic is rolling out 100/1000 symmetrical FTT{H,P} in California afaik, pricing is something like $40-70
Yeah, the last time I discussed it with a guy at sonic they said that I would get fiber if nothing else. :geno:

Fusion is available in the cities around me but not here. I suspect I am pissed off merely because I am ~400 feet from the CO and that I would totally max the poo poo out of the line.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I had a bunch of downloads that were listed at 0.00mb left in my queue but none moved to processing/unpacking phase. I had to restart my computer so I paused all downloads, but now that I've restarted, all those downloads that I was waiting on are listed in the history as completed downloads, but the files are nowhere to be found. What the hell just happened??

edit: Yeah it appears as though all the files I'd spend the past hour downloading got deleted or something. Awesome.
Nothing in the incomplete folders? Nothing in a folder starting with _ ? Have you checked the status screen for zombie downloads?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

EvilMoFo posted:

Yeah, the last time I discussed it with a guy at sonic they said that I would get fiber if nothing else. :geno:

Fusion is available in the cities around me but not here. I suspect I am pissed off merely because I am ~400 feet from the CO and that I would totally max the poo poo out of the line.

Nothing in the incomplete folders? Nothing in a folder starting with _ ? Have you checked the status screen for zombie downloads?

Nope, after I checked the log, it appeared trying to restart the nzb (I think, I still don't quite know what I did) deleted all the files. I just had the problem with another nzb, however, and with it I noticed that even though SAB had downloaded enough data, everything was located in the _ADMIN folder, but not as the .rar, r00, etc.. files. It seems like something's getting hung up converting the SABnzbd_article files to actual useable files. Weird, but I've downloaded another few nzbs with no problems so hopefully it was just a weird glitch.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Feb 1, 2012

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004
Is there ANYTHING you can do if the scene thinks a show is on season 5 but some official site nobody follows (except thetvdb) says it's season 4 causing sickbeard to download old episodes? I have them paused so it doesn't but it really takes away from the experience.

I tried looking at thetvdb forums but if an official site lists something, that's the final word. They don't care if the scene is mislabeling them. I can see why they do this but it's really unpractical.

I really just want some kind of manual over-ride or something.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

BlackRider posted:

Is there ANYTHING you can do if the scene thinks a show is on season 5 but some official site nobody follows (except thetvdb) says it's season 4 causing sickbeard to download old episodes? I have them paused so it doesn't but it really takes away from the experience.

I tried looking at thetvdb forums but if an official site lists something, that's the final word. They don't care if the scene is mislabeling them. I can see why they do this but it's really unpractical.

I really just want some kind of manual over-ride or something.

I've had this happen a few times and its a pain. Thankfully, its usually only with non-current stuff. Anyways, like you said, if the scene thinks 'This Awesome Show' is Season 5, but SB/TVDB says its Season 4, the only way I've found is manually doing it. Basically, turning off SB with all episodes marked as skipped, manually downloading all the episodes and renaming them SB style. So "This.Awesome.Show.S05E06.720p.REXXXORX-WRZF" to something like "This Awesome Show - 04x06", starting SB up again and running manual post-processing to get NFOs, etc.

It sucks with anything current because you obviously would have to do that every time...

EconOutlines fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Feb 2, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
I'm surprised that it isn't The Scene controlling TheTVDB at this point. TheTVDB really needs an overhaul. Some jerk renamed one of the shows on the site and it's not editable, so now that show won't scrape in XBMC.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Roving Reporter posted:

I've had this happen a few times and its a pain. Thankfully, its usually only with non-current stuff. Anyways, like you said, if the scene thinks 'This Awesome Show' is Season 5, but SB/TVDB says its Season 4, the only way I've found is manually doing it. Basically, turning off SB with all episodes marked as skipped, manually downloading all the episodes and renaming them SB style. So "This.Awesome.Show.S05E06.720p.REXXXORX-WRZF" to something like "This Awesome Show - 04x06", starting SB up again and running manual post-processing to get NFOs, etc.

It sucks with anything current because you obviously would have to do that every time...

I'm pretty sure I know what show you're talking about, and they're just being consistent with their rules. Fox lists the current season as season 4, so on the TVDB it's season 4. It's a pain in the rear end, but that's the way it is.

Now try and figure out what mental gymnastics it took for them to leave Firefly in it's aired order (claming there's no source that the airing order is wrong, despite the DVDs being in a different order) yet they are splitting up episodes of cartoons into stories because that's how they're often released on DVD.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
So I'm having a hell of a time getting Sickbeard to realize it's on a different drive letter than before. I've tried mass updating show directories to reflect the new drive letter but it doesn't take. I've removed all other references to the original drive letter in preferences and replaced it with the new one.

What do I need to do to fix this? It's pretty much paralyzed the postprocessing I do on my videos.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what show you're talking about, and they're just being consistent with their rules.

There's a lot of shows that have this problem.

As far as a solution goes, here's the method I use:

1. Set up a saved search on nzbmatrix or whatever and subscribe to the RSS feed in SABNZbddabadddzz++=
2. Write a post processing script that renames the file to match up with what the tvdb says and then calls sickbeards post processing script.
3. Get mad that you have to do this for every show that thetvdb is being stupid about.

I like how thetvdb wants to pretend that 90% of their users aren't using the site to rename files sourced from the scene. Jerks.

Anyway, I'd post a sample post processing script, but I'm not sure if that would be kosher. If a mod wants to weigh in and tell me one way or the other...

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

Thermopyle posted:

I like how thetvdb wants to pretend that 90% of their users aren't using the site to rename files sourced from the scene. Jerks.

What's weird is that the whole website started off completely robbing content from the old tv.com, and then was setup as an open-source blah blah blah specifically for the HTPC crowd. Why they decided to turn a blind eye to a lot of these problems is beyond me.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

FISHMANPET posted:

I'm pretty sure I know what show you're talking about, and they're just being consistent with their rules. Fox lists the current season as season 4, so on the TVDB it's season 4. It's a pain in the rear end, but that's the way it is.

Now try and figure out what mental gymnastics it took for them to leave Firefly in it's aired order (claming there's no source that the airing order is wrong, despite the DVDs being in a different order) yet they are splitting up episodes of cartoons into stories because that's how they're often released on DVD.

Using Firefly as an example, if you look at site's page for Firefly, there is a link on the page that lets you select the DVD order instead of the aired order.

Is there any way to tell Sickbeard to use the DVD order or Absolute order on a show like that?

Edit: a quick search shows me that it is not possible yet. Looks like there are several request for this feature to be added.

Lowen SoDium fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 2, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I think thetvdb is getting a full re-write as well, hope this solves at least some of these issues.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

kri kri posted:

I think thetvdb is getting a full re-write as well, hope this solves at least some of these issues.

They've been getting that rewrite for like 3 years now. As long as the people running the site don't change, it's going to stay like it is (they're terrible programmers). I just hope xem becomes usable with Sickbeard.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

What is xem?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

kri kri posted:

What is xem?

http://thexem.de/

alanthecat
Dec 19, 2005

I'm trying to install SAB on my Apple TV, which is running Crystalbuntu distro, following Novem-IT instructions.

I get to the step where SAB should be launched and it tells me I need Python Cheetah. When I tried to install it, I was told it's already installed (right?).

code:
atv@Crystalbuntu:/media/iomega$ sudo service sabnzbdplus start
sudo: service: command not found

atv@Crystalbuntu:/media/iomega$ sudo sabnzbdplus start
The Python module Cheetah is required

atv@Crystalbuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install python-cheetah
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
python-cheetah is already the newest version.
[verbose log]

I searched on the Crystalbuntu forums but didn't solve it. Any suggestions?

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

Thermopyle posted:

Anyway, I'd post a sample post processing script, but I'm not sure if that would be kosher. If a mod wants to weigh in and tell me one way or the other...

Go for it. You're only downloading material that's already in the public domain, right? No harm there.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Well, I just modified the script a bit...it was really customized for specific shows. Now it should work for any show that you have to add or subtract from season or episode to match scene to tvdb.

https://github.com/therms/scene2tvdb

I haven't actually tried my modified version because it's late and I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to try it out and let me know how it works I'll fix it if needed.

This should work with shows that just use four digits as their season/episode identification (gently caress those shows). If your show typically has a year in its scene name...well that will gently caress this poo poo up. I'll fix it if that's a problem for anyone.

It will also work with shows that have a scene name identified with "S03E11"-style episode/season identification.

Currently won't work with any other types of season/episode numbering. I can fix that if anyone actually uses this.

If you need to replace any text in the scene name to make sure it matches with the TVDB, you can do that also.

Instructions
  1. Edit the line "season_delta = 2" to add or subtract season numbers.
  2. Edit the line "episode_delta = 0" to add or subtract episode numbers.
  3. Edit the "replace_words" dictionary to change text in the downloaded file/folder names with the specified text. Just change it to {} if you don't want this.
  4. Put the script in the same directory as sickbeards autoProcessTV.py/sabToSickbeard.py. Name it appropriately for the show since you'll need to make a copy of it for each show you want to add.
  5. Create an RSS feed at your provider of choice with a saved search for the show that is misnumbered by the scene or tvdb. (I've only tried this with nzbmatrix)
  6. Subscribe to that feed with SABnzbd+ and specify whatever you named the script in step 4 as the post-processing script for that RSS feed.
  7. Profit from automated downloads of shows with hosed up season/episodes/shownames.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 3, 2012

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Thanks! I'll give it a try and see how it plays out.

In other news, I've stopped using Blocknews for the most part for backup, due to it getting raped without my knowledge. I bought a 50GB chunk, and set it up to download a few NZBs overnight. Turns out 3 of the 5 NZBs I queued up were completely nuked from the Supernews server. So, I ended up eating up 20GB of Blocknews due to them being fully intact there.

Since sabnzbd is [mainly] automated, anyone know of a way to set it as a backup with a MB limit? I don't mind it grabbing 100-500MB of missing/incomplete files but not an entire post. For now I'm sticking with free xsusenet for backup.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Ok I fixed that lovely script up a little bit. Should work a lot better since I just stole Sickbeard's name parsing code.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Is the nzbdStatus dev a goon?

Now that newzbin moved from .com to .es, everything is broken :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Gimperial posted:

Is the nzbdStatus dev a goon?