Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

SimonChris posted:

The best of part of the comic is how everyone is now perfectly okay with the presence of the worm, even though they were running from it in terror only two pages ago. Clearly, they were all in on it from the start.

Am I the only one that took Wednesdays comic to mean some form as mind-control as well as illusion powers from Blue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Rumda posted:

Am I the only one that took Wednesdays comic to mean some form as mind-control as well as illusion powers from Blue?

Yeah, I took Red's rant as a pretty definite sign that Blue is screwing with their minds. If anyone would know Blue could do something like that, and be utterly unimpressed by it, she would.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
I think that's too complicated. I think Annie is playing along, and the others are kinda :downs:

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
I wonder if you can only be hurt in the ether if you are still attached to your body. Someone brought up how Jeanne hurt Annie in the ether causing her scratch, thinking that maybe she was an exception for some reason. I guess that is still possible.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

thespaceinvader posted:

Want that av so much.

A Gol-Shogeg!

Thank you so very much mystery person. I shall now converse about Gunnerkrigg a lot (well, a little, the new page isn't til tomorrow :( ).

I have to say, the expressions are possibly the coolest thing about this chapter. I just love Red's multitudinous faces.

I just get the impression that attacks from deadly Gol-Shogegs! (or should that be Gols-Shogeg? unusual pluralisation is fun) are kinda mundane around here. Blue's just actin' out, she does it every week guuuuh.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
So it turns out that Annie did name Red after all! Nobody seems to mind.

e: also it looks like Blue does have illusion powers or something of the sort, good guess on that

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005

Zorak posted:

I'm guessing the surprise at the end is that she was called "Red". This is Her Getting A Name, I think. To us all she was "Red", but was she ever called that in the comic?

Call me Duke of Called that poo poo because I

Called

That

poo poo.

Congratulations Red!!!!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Man, I can't get enough of these faces. Red's dumbfounded shock, Blue in the last panel.

So great.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

Zorak posted:

Call me Duke of Called that poo poo because I

Called

That

poo poo.

Congratulations Red!!!!

See now you need to change your name to that or else it won't count. :colbert:

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
Oh come on Tom has to be making these faces perfect for avatars on purpose now

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
I guess ex-fairies can only be named by humans maybe? Or whoever first calls them by a name? I kinda hope that Annie goes on a naming spree after figuring this out.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Fecha posted:

I guess ex-fairies can only be named by humans maybe? Or whoever first calls them by a name? I kinda hope that Annie goes on a naming spree after figuring this out.

Uh Red doesn't look so good. Are we sure names are good for them?

Edit: Also Tea-San you should totally rip off Order of the Stick and do a giant kickstarter preorder drive.

Soylentbits fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 3, 2012

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Mazerunner posted:

Oh come on Tom has to be making these faces perfect for avatars on purpose now

This chapter certainly does have a lot of great faces.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Better keep quiet about Blue's name for the moment.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.

Nondevor posted:

ahhh... what?! what?! huh?!

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
So I guess Blue can plant memories, similar to how when you're in a dream and you just "know" something, but when you wake up, you can't believe you were stupid enough to believe something so obviously impossible.

Or something.

EDIT: Whaa huh?!

Dodgeball fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 3, 2012

Tea-san
Nov 6, 2003

Soylentbits posted:

Uh Red doesn't look so good. Are we sure names are good for them?

Edit: Also Tea-San you should totally rip off Order of the Stick and do a giant kickstarter preorder drive.

While I'd love to use Kickstarter for some project ideas I have in mind, I am not American, so I am not able to use their service! They require a US bank account, state ID and major US credit card, amongst other things.

However, I've had word that the Vol 2 reprint is basically finished. I'll be sure to let people know when I have more conrete news.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Tea-san posted:

While I'd love to use Kickstarter for some project ideas I have in mind, I am not American, so I am not able to use their service! They require a US bank account, state ID and major US credit card, amongst other things.

However, I've had word that the Vol 2 reprint is basically finished. I'll be sure to let people know when I have more conrete news.

Aren't there other services? I know that Indie GoGo can be used by folks worldwide.

I'm glad to hear about volume 2, tho!

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
At least the other faeries aren't reacting badly to Annie naming one of them. Blue even seems really impressed with Red and her new name. Although it will be interesting to see how Red feels about her new name (Once she regains her senses).

I don't think the text is as clear as I would have liked it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Tea-san posted:

The solution, clearly, is to start a Kickstarter to cover your moving expenses so you can relocate to the US and start a Kickstarter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I guess they don't hang around normal humans much (at least not ones who don't know to avoid it), if they haven't all gotten names already. It'd take minutes for any normal human to nickname someone without a name.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
What's going on? :psyduck:

Nondevor posted:

This kinda sums up what's been happening to me in 2012 perfectly...

Dizz fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Feb 3, 2012

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

FunkyAl posted:

Aren't there other services? I know that Indie GoGo can be used by folks worldwide.

I'm glad to hear about volume 2, tho!

Are there any differences between the two? They look exactly the same to me but I know less about Indiegogo.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
Oh man. It's not that Red didn't know Blue's name back here.

It's that Blue didn't have one.

Aceofblue
Feb 26, 2009

MikeJF posted:

I guess they don't hang around normal humans much (at least not ones who don't know to avoid it), if they haven't all gotten names already. It'd take minutes for any normal human to nickname someone without a name.
I really really hope there's a fairy out there named something affectionately weird, like Bubbles or Sherlock or something. You know, stuff that you might call a stranger in your head. Alternatively, I hope that nobody got named something mean - I used to think of these strange old women on the bus I used to ride as "Denim Lady" and "Poodle Hair," and I wouldn't wish those on any fairies.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

Tea-san posted:

I'm pumping my fist in complete silence at this news

Urban Space Cowboy
Feb 15, 2009

All these Coyote avatars...they make me nervous...like somebody's pulling a prank on the entire forum! :tinfoil:

Tea-san posted:

And now even Tea-san's been visited by his own comic's avatar fairy. It's like the avatar blitz has come full circle!

(well besides that he has every right to make an avatar of his own artwork)

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

Aceofblue posted:

I really really hope there's a fairy out there named something affectionately weird, like Bubbles or Sherlock or something. You know, stuff that you might call a stranger in your head. Alternatively, I hope that nobody got named something mean - I used to think of these strange old women on the bus I used to ride as "Denim Lady" and "Poodle Hair," and I wouldn't wish those on any fairies.

Poodle Hair and Denim Lady are awesome names. Denim is way better than Red.

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Tea-san posted:

Quick question, is there a reason the RSS feed generally doesn't update until like 10 hours after the comic comes out?

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Phew!

Gunnerkrigg really is one of the best comics ever, it's the little things, like Red's face in those two panels. Identical but two separate drawings, there's no lazing around in this comic.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

BrainWeasel posted:

Oh man. It's not that Red didn't know Blue's name back here.

It's that Blue didn't have one.

I like to think that when Red said that, Blue's name was cemented as "Wassername" for eternity

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Nondevor posted:

:psyduck:

The derpiest of faces.

:3:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

RickoniX posted:

Quick question, is there a reason the RSS feed generally doesn't update until like 10 hours after the comic comes out?

It's a trick to annoy you enough to make the effort to remember to check obsessively every M-W-F morning. Worked for me.

Pardot
Jul 25, 2001

mrpwase posted:

It's a trick to annoy you enough to make the effort to remember to check obsessively every M-W-F morning. Worked for me.

I'm sure you just mistyped "stay up until it has been posted", but that's ok.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Pardot posted:

I'm sure you just mistyped "stay up until it has been posted", but that's ok.

Seriously. If I'm awake at 2:30 am, Gunnerkrigg updates are what'll keep me awake until 3.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tea-san posted:

I've done a bit of research to see whether there are similar services that operate in the UK, and it turns out there are, both UK-specific and international. I have no idea if any of these are appropriate for comics, reputable, or otherwise non-useless, but my search turned up Indiegogo, Rockethub, Crowdfunder, Ulule, Wefund, and Wedidthis.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
This is why I use Morning Coffee to make sure I don't miss updates.

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

thespaceinvader posted:

Thank you so very much mystery person. I shall now converse about Gunnerkrigg a lot (well, a little, the new page isn't til tomorrow :( ).

I have to say, the expressions are possibly the coolest thing about this chapter. I just love Red's multitudinous faces.

I just get the impression that attacks from deadly Gol-Shogegs! (or should that be Gols-Shogeg? unusual pluralisation is fun) are kinda mundane around here. Blue's just actin' out, she does it every week guuuuh.

Gol-Shogegi :3:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
[[ Please wait, retrieving information... ]]

Nondevor posted:

I really like that third one. Time to scrape up that money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Aceofblue posted:

I did this too! There was a playground aide at my elementary school I thought of as "Mustache Lady" because I was a huge jerk when I was little :( (also she had a mustache)

Kuros posted:

The derpiest of faces.

Oh no! A derpy face! The derpiest face!!