Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Wait, newzbin is reputable again? What happened with them being taken over by a pack of idiots a year or two ago? I've been using nzbs.org since that and haven't even looked.

Should I give them money again? I really loved the original Newzbin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradigmm
May 28, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Hypnolobster posted:

Should I give them money again?

Hell no.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

Hypnolobster posted:

Wait, newzbin is reputable again? What happened with them being taken over by a pack of idiots a year or two ago? I've been using nzbs.org since that and haven't even looked.

Should I give them money again? I really loved the original Newzbin.

I haven't noticed a difference from the old one in terms of posting - a lot of the old editors are still around. It was poo poo for a bit after Newzbin2 was first put up, but nowadays they're pretty good.

Then again I'm not paying for it, there's about 10 of us sharing 1 account.

Guerrand
Mar 12, 2006

RING RING RING RING RING RING

duz posted:

Yes. I probably should fix that up.

Could you also make the icon movable out of the addon bar like AdBlock Plus?

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Roving Reporter posted:

In other news, I've stopped using Blocknews for the most part for backup, due to it getting raped without my knowledge. I bought a 50GB chunk, and set it up to download a few NZBs overnight. Turns out 3 of the 5 NZBs I queued up were completely nuked from the Supernews server. So, I ended up eating up 20GB of Blocknews due to them being fully intact there.

If supernews does not have what you want wouldnt it be better to simply move to someone that does? Backups are good for the occasional mesed up post but if your backup is becoming what is bneeded to keep your main provider afloat I would think it isnt a backup anymore.

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

Thermopyle posted:

Well, I just modified the script a bit...it was really customized for specific shows. Now it should work for any show that you have to add or subtract from season or episode to match scene to tvdb.

https://github.com/therms/scene2tvdb

I haven't actually tried my modified version because it's late and I'm lazy, but if anyone wants to try it out and let me know how it works I'll fix it if needed.

This should work with shows that just use four digits as their season/episode identification (gently caress those shows). If your show typically has a year in its scene name...well that will gently caress this poo poo up. I'll fix it if that's a problem for anyone.

It will also work with shows that have a scene name identified with "S03E11"-style episode/season identification.

Currently won't work with any other types of season/episode numbering. I can fix that if anyone actually uses this.

If you need to replace any text in the scene name to make sure it matches with the TVDB, you can do that also.

Instructions
  1. Edit the line "season_delta = 2" to add or subtract season numbers.
  2. Edit the line "episode_delta = 0" to add or subtract episode numbers.
  3. Edit the "replace_words" dictionary to change text in the downloaded file/folder names with the specified text. Just change it to {} if you don't want this.
  4. Put the script in the same directory as sickbeards autoProcessTV.py/sabToSickbeard.py. Name it appropriately for the show since you'll need to make a copy of it for each show you want to add.
  5. Create an RSS feed at your provider of choice with a saved search for the show that is misnumbered by the scene or tvdb. (I've only tried this with nzbmatrix)
  6. Subscribe to that feed with SABnzbd+ and specify whatever you named the script in step 4 as the post-processing script for that RSS feed.
  7. Profit from automated downloads of shows with hosed up season/episodes/shownames.

One quick note...make sure when you create the RSS feed you enter a max age of like a week for search results, or you'll end up with a SAB queue full of old episodes you've probably already downloaded.

Softcox
Jul 13, 2004

But I will not hesitate.
Not for a second.
I just noticed in SAB that the web config page has 777 as an example permission setting but the wiki tells you to use 0777 (X bits set), which is correct?

Muslim Wookie
Jul 6, 2005
When I click Browse... under Manual Post Processing, the pop up sits there forever unable to list any directories. Any ideas why?

Ubuntu 11.10 x64, new install as per ainer.org, migration from an old server.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Total newb question here, and sorry if it is super-dumb (I'm not too good at computing) -- I just downloaded blocknews and everything and am up and running (successful downloads), yet I set this up while I was at a different location from my home (different ISP and IP address). When I get back to my house and try to download again, will the different IP address and ISP cause me any problems requiring some change in setup?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Devil Wears Pravda posted:

Total newb question here, and sorry if it is super-dumb (I'm not too good at computing) -- I just downloaded blocknews and everything and am up and running (successful downloads), yet I set this up while I was at a different location from my home (different ISP and IP address). When I get back to my house and try to download again, will the different IP address and ISP cause me any problems requiring some change in setup?

You should be good.

LaserWash
Jun 28, 2006
Well, since we're going to ask n00b questions (even though I'm getting to be a fairly advanced user):

I'd like to run a Newznab server on my home server, have downloaded the free version, but for the life of me can't figure out how to install the sucker. What am I missing?

Anyone have a link to a "Setting up Newznab for dummies" website?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Burden posted:

You should be good.

Thank you, sir.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

LaserWash posted:

Well, since we're going to ask n00b questions (even though I'm getting to be a fairly advanced user):

I'd like to run a Newznab server on my home server, have downloaded the free version, but for the life of me can't figure out how to install the sucker. What am I missing?

If you don't really understand the bandwidth involved in running something like this, I would skip it and use nzbs.org or nzb.su

DerDestroyer
Jun 27, 2006
I'm still new to this and I have a security question. The OP says that as long as you don't announce anything or post anything no one will ever know what you're downloading.

Wouldn't the ISP spot suspicious NNTP or encrypted traffic and flag you for investigation? Wouldn't this be double the case when ACTA or SOPA or w/e is ratified?

What exactly is the science behind the anonymity of the downloaders?

DerDestroyer fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 4, 2012

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

DerDestroyer posted:

I'm still new to this and I have a security question. The OP says that as long as you don't announce anything or post anything no one will ever know what you're downloading.

Wouldn't the ISP spot suspicious NNTP or encrypted traffic and flag you for investigation? Wouldn't this be double the case when ACTA or SOPA or w/e is ratified?

What exactly is the science behind the anonymity of the downloaders?

They don't really care what you download as long as no one is sending them complaints. However, they do care how much bandwidth you're using regardless of content. You could be downloading 1TB of copyright free flacs and your ISP will get just as pissy.

LaserWash posted:

Are you running apache/nginx and php on your box? With php-gd mysql?

If yes, then all you gotta do is run the install script on yoursite.com/install from your browser.

Sperg Victorious fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 4, 2012

LaserWash
Jun 28, 2006
Sperg, that goes a long way to explaining what I need to know.

I wanted to run this for JUST myself on a 10 mb connection (lawl!!!). Is this going to be enough?

I hate that I'm constantly having to chase down the next best indexer and thought this might be the solution.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I just googled and found this

http://www.usenetsecrets.com/2012/01/testing-newznab/

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

Just don't try to download from more than 1 IP at the same time. Most providers won't let you.

inpheaux
Jul 12, 2001

LaserWash posted:

I hate that I'm constantly having to chase down the next best indexer and thought this might be the solution.
It's going to be cheaper and easier to just use nzb.su. Seriously. Especially since you apparently have to pay for the plus version of Newznab to get access to all of their super advanced special regexes used for grouping.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

neongrey posted:

So I'm having a hell of a time getting Sickbeard to realize it's on a different drive letter than before. I've tried mass updating show directories to reflect the new drive letter but it doesn't take. I've removed all other references to the original drive letter in preferences and replaced it with the new one.

What do I need to do to fix this? It's pretty much paralyzed the postprocessing I do on my videos.

Just re-quoting this because seriously I have no idea what to do at all and it's pretty much making sickbeard unusable.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

neongrey posted:

Just re-quoting this because seriously I have no idea what to do at all and it's pretty much making sickbeard unusable.

Have you tried uninstalled SB entirely and reinstalling it fresh? Deleting all its directories and config files and such?

You should be able to do a "Add Existing Shows" on a virgin install and point it to your new folder with minimal trouble then. I went from Windows to a Linux install and went that route, I just pointed it at the directory with all my folders and it only took about 15 minutes to get it all back to where I had it before. No config files or anything at all brought over.

As long as you have the folders for the shows where you want them most of the work in setting it up again is already done.

LaserWash
Jun 28, 2006

inpheaux posted:

It's going to be cheaper and easier to just use nzb.su. Seriously. Especially since you apparently have to pay for the plus version of Newznab to get access to all of their super advanced special regexes used for grouping.

I have an acct there and newzbin2 (for backup). I just haven't paid for nzb.su yet.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

PirateDentist posted:

Have you tried uninstalled SB entirely and reinstalling it fresh? Deleting all its directories and config files and such?

You should be able to do a "Add Existing Shows" on a virgin install and point it to your new folder with minimal trouble then. I went from Windows to a Linux install and went that route, I just pointed it at the directory with all my folders and it only took about 15 minutes to get it all back to where I had it before. No config files or anything at all brought over.

As long as you have the folders for the shows where you want them most of the work in setting it up again is already done.

That'll be the only thing, huh? All right, I'll give that a go. I can't imagine it won't take care of it, it just seemed to me that there had to be some way to get it to take the change without having to reinstall it.

Oh well, guess not. Thanks!

Soup in a Bag
Dec 4, 2009

Softcox posted:

I just noticed in SAB that the web config page has 777 as an example permission setting but the wiki tells you to use 0777 (X bits set), which is correct?

0777 and 777 are equivalent. The left-most column is for the sticky/setuid/setgid bits and is assumed to be 0 if not specified.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Roving Reporter posted:

Just don't try to download from more than 1 IP at the same time. Most providers won't let you.

I started the whole account/setup at one location that uses Comcast as the ISP, while my house has Verizon as the ISP. I will never be downloading from multiple computers at the same time, so I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't have to reconfigure everything when I get back to my house where I will be doing 90% of my work.

I was curious about whether adjustments needed to be made if I download from different locations.

Does the fact that the information I'm downloading have names that represent exactly what the files are cause any concern from a monitoring standpoint? Is there a way or should I be changing the names of the info that I download in order to protect my privacy?

Again, I am TOTALLY new to all of this, and am rather excited about the prospect of being able to get information with some semblance of privacy (at least the OP says this, correct)?

Burden
Jul 25, 2006

Does the fact that the information I'm downloading have names that represent exactly what the files are cause any concern from a monitoring standpoint? Is there a way or should I be changing the names of the info that I download in order to protect my privacy?

Again, I am TOTALLY new to all of this, and am rather excited about the prospect of being able to get information with some semblance of privacy (at least the OP says this, correct)?

Just make sure that you are using SSL and you are good to go.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Burden posted:

Just make sure that you are using SSL and you are good to go.

Just did a whole bunch of transfer without having SSL checked. Thanks for the info! Never would have known.

That would be checking the SSL option on sabnzbd, right? Don't need to anywhere else?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
You might have to change the host name you connect to, and for sure change the port you connect to.

Gimperial
Oct 5, 2006

And then there was silence...

duz posted:

Yes. I probably should fix that up.

Not to bug you about it or anything, but do you have an ETA? Clicking "open NZB" directly doesn't seem to be sorting stuff into categories or renaming stuff properly.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

You might have to change the host name you connect to, and for sure change the port you connect to.

Why would I need to do this, and how would I go about doing it?

e: Okay, I see the options to change the host name on SABnzbd (it's currently localhost) and the port is 8080 (HTTPS port is 9090). What should I change them to?

Sorry, like I said, I'm really dumb with this stuff and it confuses the hell out of me.

Count Freebasie fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Feb 5, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Why would I need to do this, and how would I go about doing it?

e: Okay, I see the options to change the host name on SABnzbd (it's currently localhost) and the port is 8080 (HTTPS port is 9090). What should I change them to?

No, change your server connection.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

No, change your server connection.

my server is usnews.blocknews.net. Is that what you're referring to? Port is 119.

e: should I just message you if you would prefer that?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

my server is usnews.blocknews.net. Is that what you're referring to? Port is 119.

Yeah. For blocknews you don't have to change the server, but you do have to change the port. I'm using 443 for SSL.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

FISHMANPET posted:

Yeah. For blocknews you don't have to change the server, but you do have to change the port. I'm using 443 for SSL.

Cool, so when I get home I can just change the port to 443 (I have SSL ticked) and I should be good to go?

DerDestroyer
Jun 27, 2006

Cool, so when I get home I can just change the port to 443 (I have SSL ticked) and I should be good to go?

The connection fails if you have SSL ticked and are using the wrong port. At least it did for me.

bl4d3
Jun 18, 2005

My supershakes bring all the goons to the yard of lard.

Roving Reporter posted:

Supernews (yearly unlimited) let me for awhile, and then reset the password on my account without telling me. I'm guessing that that was the hint to stop doing that, and the next hint would be account cancellation or a final warning or something..

BlackRider
Dec 28, 2004

Yes. See here for all the ports (SSL and not) that you can use:

http://faq.blocknews.net/index.php?action=artikel&cat=3&id=6&artlang=en

DerDestroyer posted:

The connection fails if you have SSL ticked and are using the wrong port. At least it did for me.

Me too. Not sure why he was able to leave SSL checked on port 119.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

I followed the instructions in the SAB wiki about using categories. All of them work except Movies with nzbs.org

nzbmatrix and nzb.su both work with Movies*

Is there a different step I need to do for nzbs.org?

Mthrboard
Aug 24, 2002
Grimey Drawer

neongrey posted:

That'll be the only thing, huh? All right, I'll give that a go. I can't imagine it won't take care of it, it just seemed to me that there had to be some way to get it to take the change without having to reinstall it.

Oh well, guess not. Thanks!

If you haven't already trashed your database, you can fix it with two simple SQL commands. Download the command-line shell for whatever OS you're using. Open sickbeard.db in the shell, and enter the following:

update tv_shows set location = replace(location, 'old directory', 'new directory');

update tv_episodes set location = replace(location, 'old directory', 'new directory');

If you're not comfortable with the command-line version, there are GUIs available for Windows, Linux and OSX. Regardless of how you do it, it's just as simple as changing the location in the database to your new directory.

<Edit>
Or, you could go the even simpler route and use the built-in mass edit feature that I just noticed. Go to Manage -> Mass Update. Click the checkbox next to "Edit" (or check the individual shows you want to edit if not all were moved), then click Edit Selected. At the top of the page that comes up click the Edit button next to the path, and browse to the new path.

Mthrboard fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Looks like people are starting to get fed up with the DMCA takedowns on major providers. This is the front page of the NZBsRus indexing site right now: