Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Commercial I saw on youtube. I was really surprised to see Seinfeld in it... Boy is he showing his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1Ug17_IMI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Commercial I saw on youtube. I was really surprised to see Seinfeld in it... Boy is he showing his age.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt1Ug17_IMI

Leno has too many cars already!

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
That was awesome! I think Jerry looks pretty good for being a couple years off 60.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
That was pretty great. I hate Leno, but I guess that made his evil laughter at the end even better.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

May I have one of those, madam?

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Ehud posted:

May I have one of those, madam?

A perfectly sane food to eat.

Interesting texture...

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I was driving to work and saw a billboard for Seinfeld. A billboard, for a show that ended nearly 14 years ago.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bernie is dead, you moron! Just because he's wearing sunglasses he looks alive? Ugh, how long is this weekend, anyway?

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

myron_cope posted:

I was driving to work and saw a billboard for Seinfeld. A billboard, for a show that ended nearly 14 years ago.

When it was switching to CW i saw a few around Philly/NYC.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Gene's trash!

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Gene's trash!

I'm Gene. :stare:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Vincent's an arthouse goon!

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
we have the same taste in movies :sweatdrop:

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I never understood that little plot. Were there actually shelves at the video store for movie connoisseurs to make suggestions and stuff? I never saw anything like that in real life, maybe it was a New York thing.

penis sandwich
Aug 28, 2004

have some pudding :)

Loving Life Partner posted:

I never understood that little plot. Were there actually shelves at the video store for movie connoisseurs to make suggestions and stuff? I never saw anything like that in real life, maybe it was a New York thing.

I remember that at both Blockbuster and mom & pop stores (West Coast Video), in the Philly suburbs.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Staff picks are the best, but they are sadly a thing of the past. :(

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
You see them live on occasionally at some retail stores; JB HiFi here in Australia likes to have their staff make up little recommendations for games, albums etc.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Absolutely, my local video place had a staff picks shelf.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I had a local video rental place in my neighborhood when I was growing up. It was pretty much entirely composed of different levels of shelving, all the different genres were sorted out down to the most minute classification, and the staff was really knowledgeable. It was exactly the kind of place one would expect to see a "staff picks" section. And yet, there never was one :(

I also had a Blockbuster in my neighborhood and they never had one, either.

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!
The local video store in my home town in New Hampshire had a staff picks section and still did as of last year.

The Dude
Nov 18, 2000
Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.
Just watched "The Boyfriend" and noticed that you can see Roger McDowell doing the actual spitting during Jerry's re-enactment of the "magic loogie" trajectory.

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
Just got back seeing Jerry do stand-up in Moncton. What a great show, really funny from start to finish.

He also had some great interaction with the crowd. He was talking about how everyone hates to answer their phones and has tons of security screens, said something like "Who the hell is 5151?! That better not be who I think it is..." when someone yelled out "It's Newman!" That prompted some really funny back and forth between him and the audience for a couple minutes. All in all it was a great show.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I love how they clearly just dressed up a guy in women's clothes to shoot that hand, but not just any guy, a guy with particularly rugged looking hands.

When you think about it too, that would be a total deal breaker no matter how hot the girl is. Because blehhh..

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

The Dude posted:

Just watched "The Boyfriend" and noticed that you can see Roger McDowell doing the actual spitting during Jerry's re-enactment of the "magic loogie" trajectory.

Nice game, pretty boy.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

neoboman posted:

Nice game, pretty boy.

He must have seen me when I dumped that beer on his head!

The Dude
Nov 18, 2000
Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's the Dude.
The spit could not have come from behind! There had to have been a second spitter, behind the bushes, on the gravelly road.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
I hadn't seen JFK until years after that, so while that scene is inherently funny, once I saw JFK (and laughed hysterically during that bit), I laughed again so much more the second time. If only because stupid Wayne Knight is in both scenes.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I said, “Listen Marlene,” and then the next thing I know, I’m in the middle of it. And there’s this voice inside of me going, “You’re doing it! You’re doing it!” And then she started to cry, and I weakened a bit. I almost relented, but the voice, Jerry, the voice said, “Keep going, keep going. You’re almost out!” It’s like I was making a prison break, you know, and I’m heading for the wall, and I trip and I twist my ankle, and they throw the light on you, you know. So, somehow I get though the crying and I keep running. Then the cursing started. She’s firing at me from the guard tower. “Son of a bang! Son of a boom!” I get to the top of the wall – the front door. I opened it up, I’m one foot away, I took one last look around the penitentiary, and I jumped!

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy

Jerusalem posted:

I like the idea (showcased a little in the Seinfeld season of Curb Your Enthusiasm) that Jerry is just as bad as George/Larry but he goads them on to be the more upfront of the two in regards to being a terrible person, and Jerry looks better as a result.

Like taking an ugly friend out to a bar so you'll look better by comparison.

Indeed, one of my favorite lines from the show is when George asks Jerry, "What kind of a person are you?" and Jerry responds with, "I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful."

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Jerusalem posted:

... Didn't come true :smith:

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Konec Hry posted:

"Don't you see the irony here? You're rejecting a woman because SHE'S bald."

"So?"

"YOU'RE BALD!"

"No, I'm not! I....WAS bald!...Elaine...?"

"I hate this thing! And here's what I'm doing with it!"

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

JoeCL posted:

Indeed, one of my favorite lines from the show is when George asks Jerry, "What kind of a person are you?" and Jerry responds with, "I think I'm pretty much like you, only successful."

It's the same dynamic in It's Always Sunny, where Dennis is probably the worst loving person on the show but because he's handsome and a charmer, gets away with all kinds of poo poo that the others don't.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Something bad is going to happen to you someday... it has to!

No, I'll be fine.

Midnight Sun
Jun 25, 2007

A pretty woman, you know, kinda short, big wall of hair, face like a frying pan.

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Alright, FDR, this wish is for all the marbles. You win, you get your wish - I drop dead. I win, I don't drop dead, and I get one-hundred percent anti-drop-dead protection. Forever.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

potee posted:

Something bad is going to happen to you someday... it has to!

No, I'll be fine.

Anyway, it's been really nice dating you for a while. And... good luck!

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
La puerta...esta abierta...LA PUERTA ESTA ABIERTA!

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Oh Elaine! This dry air is curing me like a black forest ham!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

La puerta...esta abierta...LA PUERTA ESTA ABIERTA!

Como se dice... waterbed.