Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Nero has his own timer so you can just compare their own respective times for stars/etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sig is playing sloppy.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Let's go sig, come on AMERICA.

This is really getting my goat, cause they each have their own star routes, no one is ever really in the lead for more than a few seconds.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

7k viewers. wow

I can't tell if the chat is trolling or if there are really sperg lords complaining about how things like this are ruining their precious e-sport leagues.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Feb 5, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Nero just hosed up huge at cannonless. Missed 4 times in a row.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

7k viewers. wow

I can't tell if the chat is trolling or if there are really sperg lords complaining about how things like this are ruining their precious e-sport leagues.

That would be trolling.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I know this probably isn't the place, but can anyone explain the stupid rear end faces people use in the chat? Or is there a page on it somewhere on Twitch?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm getting the overwhelming impression that Sig will have to majorly gently caress up if Nero's to claw this back. He keeps getting to one star behind and then Sig is suddenly three ahead. With three to go this seems pretty in-the-bag.

...oh now it's two to go.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Sig won by 2:09

70 star race coming up

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Sig was a little over a minute from getting the 120 star world record too.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Former Human posted:

Sig was a little over a minute from getting the 120 star world record too.

Comically enough he picked up the 120th on the exact same time as his current world record.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
oh god 70 star race. No sleep tonight :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Sig won by 2:09

70 star race coming up

God drat this is bananas, I thought it was over. This is going to be good since Sig's been practicing the poo poo out of 70 star runs.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Everyone needing the god drat cannon, come on america what is happening.

pyromance
Sep 25, 2006
That couldn't have been closer if they had tried to be. Holy poo poo.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
ahahahaha

Nero finished literally 1 second earlier.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
They just basically tied in the most scripted looking Bowser in the Sky showdown.

How about that.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
God drat if that wasn't the closest thing to a tie I've seen.

PROTOSTORM!!!
Oct 24, 2010
Did they both flub that uphill backflip thing at the same time? god this was great.

The Littlest Man
Jun 24, 2005

(Duke, who would want this)

Scripted or not, I was captivated.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Man usually I'm watching these kind of things super bored by the end because the outcome is obvious but throughout the clock and up until the end I was glued. That was amazing. Kudos to Nero though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Liku posted:

I know this probably isn't the place, but can anyone explain the stupid rear end faces people use in the chat? Or is there a page on it somewhere on Twitch?

Yes, a guy made a webpage on how to make all of them
http://www.twitchtvfaces.com/

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well, that should silence the doubters

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Funkdoc's going for some Bad Street Brawler records.

http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

E: He beat his old Bad Street Brawler record with a new time of 15:39. Now he's moving on to Castlevania 3 and then Mystic Quest.

apophenium fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2012

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Trihex is getting ready to start a yoshi's island world record attempt!

http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

If you haven't seen this by now, do yourself a favor and watch. Hes flashy as hell and its the perfect game for speedrunning.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

katkillad2 posted:

Trihex is getting ready to start a yoshi's island world record attempt!

http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

If you haven't seen this by now, do yourself a favor and watch. Hes flashy as hell and its the perfect game for speedrunning.

I've never gotten to watch this guy. I think I'm in for something special. He's already talking about taking off his shirt and going super saiyan.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

apophenium posted:

I've never gotten to watch this guy. I think I'm in for something special. He's already talking about taking off his shirt and going super saiyan.

The best is when his drunken roommates/friends drop in while he's playing.

"Hey man get off, I want to play the Nintendo too!"

"gently caress off, I'm busy!"

"You're not my real father, you can't tell me what to do!" *runs away crying and slams the door*

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

apophenium posted:

Expected no less, the shirt is now gone.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Trihex definitely puts on a hell of a show. I've watched him a lot of the time recently and when he does the chinput on the one level it's just bliss. Like an above poster said this is also a really awesome game to watch get speedrun because there's so much to know if you're the one doing it but it's obvious what's going on even if you're never played the game more or lesss. And there's a lot of chance to showboat.

There's a bunch of times his family has dropped in to much humor too. His mom used to interrupt pretty regularly and talk to people and harass him.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
I'm trying to watch the marathon run of Ghosts and Goblins, but I only get game audio and not commentary for some reason. I know it says "Game Audio on Track 2" but what does that mean, and how do I change it? I looked everywhere in Windows Media Player options but I couldn't find anything. Also the file won't play in Media Player Classic for some reason.

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Sounds more like a codec problem. I haven't had any of the marathon videos not play in MPC. As far as I know WMP doesn't have an option to change the audio track in the player.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Cubemario posted:

Sounds more like a codec problem. I haven't had any of the marathon videos not play in MPC. As far as I know WMP doesn't have an option to change the audio track in the player.

If I remember correctly, the track that WMP will pick up first is also the one with game audio only.

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
The simple answer to about every codec problem is CCCP, which is the only codec pack you should ever touch. You could flip through the right click menu to get to the second audio track in MPC-HC, or use the hotkey (A).

If you want to stick with WMP, here's what google suggests:

quote:

Unfortunately switching audio tracks is one of those features buried in the new interface. You have to bring up the “classic” menu like so:

Press Ctrl + M to view the “default menu” (you can also right-click to the right or left of the audio controls, but “show menu bar” does not show in Now Playing mode.)
Click on “Play“, then “Audio and language tracks“
Select the audio track you would like to play
Press Ctrl + M to remove the menu
If you can’t see your movie, then press Ctrl + 3 (same as clicking “View” and “Now Playing”).

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
Thanks for the help, everyone! I installed CCCP but the WMP solution worked as well.

pokecapn
Oct 17, 2003

yeah, galo sengen

HoldYourFire posted:

Thanks for the help, everyone! I installed CCCP but the WMP solution worked as well.

If I remember right, Windows Media Player assumes the loudest audio track is the primary one.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How much money do the twitch.tv ads bring in?

And seriously, where did the Sig is a girl meme come from?

A SC2 streamer got drunk and streamed his j.tv ad page and it was ~$200 a day for his roughly 5,000 viewer/day stream.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Funkdoc practicing CV3 with some new Grant strats. Also he now has a webcam!

http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

So what's the deal with Zaccio and his alleged cheating?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Baram posted:

Trihex definitely puts on a hell of a show. I've watched him a lot of the time recently and when he does the chinput on the one level it's just bliss. Like an above poster said this is also a really awesome game to watch get speedrun because there's so much to know if you're the one doing it but it's obvious what's going on even if you're never played the game more or lesss. And there's a lot of chance to showboat.

There's a bunch of times his family has dropped in to much humor too. His mom used to interrupt pretty regularly and talk to people and harass him.

He just applied for partnership, so for the next few days of his steam will be monitored every so often by staff/admins.

Trihex is also working on controlling skipping/hitting Bonus Challenges in addition to the standard eating unhealthy foods and taking off shirt. If you like his stuff, tune in over the next few days! http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

AnacondaHL posted:

Trihex is also working on controlling skipping/hitting Bonus Challenges in addition to the standard eating unhealthy foods and taking off shirt. If you like his stuff, tune in over the next few days! http://www.twitch.tv/trihex

He's practicing for the next 2 hours and then going to try for a WR attempt. Also funkdoc is on getting ready to do Castlevania 3 WR attempts! http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc So much twitch goodness.

Peaches I hope your eye gets better man :(

Edit: Funkdoc may actually be doing Final Fantasy Mystic Quest speedrun instead of Castlevania 3.

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Feb 11, 2012

• Locked thread