Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Just finished watching Super Fantasy Zone. I am going to be so sad when I run out of new episodes to watch. :(

Some OP corrections:
- Nintendo Channel episode 7 is listed (and filenamed) as "Mario Kart" but should be "Super Mario Kart"
- Episode SP1 featuring Pokemon Ruby is listed as being on the "Gameboy Advanced" but should read "Game Boy Advance"

I ended up trying out The Quest of Ki thanks to the show.. The jumping is so floaty and weird! I want to keep playing it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Rirse posted:

Is it safe to reupload the SA translated episodes that Kotaku did their own dub?

It may be soon. We just don't want to step on any toes.

techknight posted:

Just finished watching Super Fantasy Zone. I am going to be so sad when I run out of new episodes to watch. :(

Did you watch that off of Kotaku's site? Because the videos don't load there for me anymore and I want to be certain of what's happening.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Random Stranger posted:

Did you watch that off of Kotaku's site? Because the videos don't load there for me anymore and I want to be certain of what's happening.

No, I downloaded it from somewhere a couple of weeks ago.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
Do you plan on translating the Kotaku episodes? If not I had better start watching.

How serious are we supposed to take the developers quotes from season one? They come off funny if not terribly awkward. I just can't see developers wanting to portray that image.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

TEHJOE posted:

Do you plan on translating the Kotaku episodes? If not I had better start watching.

Five of the twelve episodes Kotaku licensed were already translated.

And it looks like it's too late to watch the Kotaku translated episodes. On Kotaku, at least.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Man, it was almost painful to sit through the Takeshi's Castle episode. As funny as it is how out of shape the Kacho was, you could tell he was genuinely suffering through this experience. Seemed he was fighting a cold at the time too.

I'm going to hold out hope that someone will recreate Arino covered in his cooling pads and wrapped towel in a bad-rear end fan-art in the likes of bandaged One Piece characters and other "pain is but a stepping stone to victory" anime heroes.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

:drac: What is a Kachou? A miserable pile of continues!

But enough talk! Have episode 62, Kid Dracula!

Bringing this epic tale of the Castlevania game that people tend to forget is the woman who will steal you soul just like all religions, zari-gani. Timing the episode is the always stylish univbee who didn't get a Castlevania themed introduction because I felt the joke was already getting stale.

There's yet another problem with distribution. I used nyaa.eu last week because that was the source that Clover used, it allowed uploading torrents without making an account, and for the most part the site wasn't doing anything that would cause problems with SA's rules. Well now their torrent tracker has been pulled down and they have some technical issues on their site that are limiting the hosting of torrents. After casting around a bit for a site that didn't require registration, didn't look scummy as hell, and wasn't likely to push good graces of the mods here I finally just created the torrent using a public tracker and uploaded that file to a file hosting site. I know we have the goon tracker out there but that's not accessible to non-goons and I don't want to close any doors on anyone. So don't be shocked when the torrent link takes to depositfiles.

Torrent - http://depositfiles.com/files/jagiexheh
Direct Download - http://depositfiles.com/files/ocl231wua

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
Alright! Thanks for this.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
If this was something other than GCCX, I probably would've gone to bed by now. I just hope the torrent finishes downloading before I get too tired. :)

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

But enough talk! Have episode 62, Kid Dracula!

I knew it was a good idea to stay up all night watching MST3k episodes.. Thanks!

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.
Are you impatient like me?

Does your torrent client supports Magnet links?

Here's a magnet link to the Kid Dracula episode.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Can I get a mirror (at least to the torrent file)?

Depositfiles doesn't work in my country.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Davzz posted:

Can I get a mirror (at least to the torrent file)?

Depositfiles doesn't work in my country.

The torrent file at least is small enough that it can be easily mirrored anywhere:

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/0GKI1IGI/Game_Center_CX_062_-_Kid_Dracula.torrent_links

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Anyone seeing any activity on the torrent? I'm getting nothing and depositfiles is loving me on the direct download version of the video (13 hours, really?)

Faceguy
Feb 7, 2009

I am very phallic
College Slice

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Anyone seeing any activity on the torrent? I'm getting nothing and depositfiles is loving me on the direct download version of the video (13 hours, really?)

It's going pretty slow, but that's to be expected. I'm sure by tomorrow it will be going at lightning speed.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Faceguy posted:

It's going pretty slow, but that's to be expected. I'm sure by tomorrow it will be going at lightning speed.

Farther than me. I'm not even getting tracker info. DDL update: 2 days til completion! :f5:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

As the seeder I can see 38 people out there off of me so I know that it's working but it is going to be slow going until there's a few more full seeds out there.

It is using a UDP tracker rather than HTTP but as far as I know that shouldn't be a problem...

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Random Stranger posted:

As the seeder I can see 38 people out there off of me so I know that it's working but it is going to be slow going until there's a few more full seeds out there.

It's pretty speedy for first 200megs atm, then started to crawl, but yea it will speed up.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Random Stranger posted:

It is using a UDP tracker rather than HTTP but as far as I know that shouldn't be a problem...

No clue, I have no tracker info, no peer listing. It's like the torrent doesn't exist. Even if slow I should be getting bits and pieces from other people.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No clue, I have no tracker info, no peer listing. It's like the torrent doesn't exist. Even if slow I should be getting bits and pieces from other people.

What client are you using? Are you behind a firewall? Do you have proper ports open? Should work over DHT even if you can't connect the tracker for any reason.

Shingen posted:

Are you impatient like me?

Does your torrent client supports Magnet links?

Here's a magnet link to the Kid Dracula episode.

SA forums seems to rape magnet links, so tried fixing it;
code:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2956C24AFDB7D8C854CC3044DD42F1FA267F8825&dn=Game%20Center%20CX%20062%20-%20Kid%20Dracula&tr=udp%3a//tracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

makere posted:

What client are you using? Are you behind a firewall? Do you have proper ports open? Should work over DHT even if you can't connect the tracker for any reason.

uTorrent 3.0 Build 26473
uPnP is on letting me through my home LAN, I use this client for other torrents.
DHT is not turned on as it screws up things for me on private trackers.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

8-bit Miniboss posted:

uTorrent 3.0 Build 26473
uPnP is on letting me through my home LAN, I use this client for other torrents.
DHT is not turned on as it screws up things for me on private trackers.

Can you see the torrent having the tracker at all? Try adding the tracker manually udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80, or maybe opening that magnet link I fixed. Private torrents should have a flag that disables DHT per torrent, so enabling DHT should be safe.

You could always just install another client to download the file using DHT, if everything else fails.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm not seeding yet, but the torrent is about to get excellent mathematically---just saw the seeder numbers jump to three, and I'm about five minutes out from joining that illustrious number.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Allen Wren posted:

I'm not seeding yet, but the torrent is about to get excellent mathematically---just saw the seeder numbers jump to three, and I'm about five minutes out from joining that illustrious number.

Yeah, depositfile DD finished for me, so I went ahead and initial seeded it. Should get quick very soon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

makere posted:

Can you see the torrent having the tracker at all? Try adding the tracker manually udp://tracker.openbittorrent.com:80, or maybe opening that magnet link I fixed. Private torrents should have a flag that disables DHT per torrent, so enabling DHT should be safe.

You could always just install another client to download the file using DHT, if everything else fails.

Ran a linux version of utorrent on my NAS and that's working. I have no idea what's different. DHT is disabled on that as well.

Edit: Well, finished and seeding. So there's that. Whatever.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Feb 5, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
It finished for me about a half hour ago and I'm watching it right now. I'll keep the seed going for as long as I can so everyone can experience how great this episode is thanks to the SAGCCX team. :)

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

There's something awfully cool coming up in next week's episode (135 for those wanting to keep track). Apparently there's a go-kart race between Arino and the staff during the arcade visit. I have high hopes for the footage on that one.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
This was another one I was waiting for after watching the raw episode. I tried the Gameboy version afterwords.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Ooh boy! I loved the Game Boy version of Kid Dracula when I was younger, but I've played all of one level of the Famicom version. Really can't wait to see this!

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I know we have the goon tracker out there

I didn't :stare:

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Why is registering to an anime/Japanese tv show torrent site such a big deal?

Corridor posted:

I didn't :stare:

http://www.alluvion.org/

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Silentman0 posted:

http://www.alluvion.org/

Huh, I see. I'm surprised there's not more stuff up there, really.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Corridor posted:

Huh, I see. I'm surprised there's not more stuff up there, really.
Especially since there's the option to make torrents public access. Can't think of a reason why it couldn't be used to track the episodes.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Yeah, I was gonna say, Alluvion seems like the perfect tracker for this. It's been up for years and years so you know it's stable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Someone posted something awesome on the SAGCCX Facebook wall.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
Is the first boss of Kid Dracula the most unintentionaly offensive thing to ever appear in a Famicom game?

Please tell me it somehow got included in the US version.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Tyma posted:

Is the first boss of Kid Dracula the most unintentionaly offensive thing to ever appear in a Famicom game?

I didn't notice this at all until you mentioned it. It does make the fact that it's called a wizard that much funnier.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Tyma posted:

Nope.

The US only saw the GameBoy remake.

vvvv The GB version manual insists they are the "Ghosts of Halloween". :airquote:

Nill fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 5, 2012

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns
^^^^

It still looks like a Klu Klux Klan Wizard in both screenshots, though?

Crotch Bat posted:

I didn't notice this at all until you mentioned it. It does make the fact that it's called a wizard that much funnier.

It's ok. The first time he fought it, I didn't even realise it had a swastika tattoo'd on it's forehead.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

:eng101: In case, anyone's wondering with the symbol on the "wizard's" forehead, the swastika with the opposite directionality of the Nazi symbol is prevalent in Asian countries including Japan to represent eternity and buddhism; you often see it on maps to show where a buddhist temple is, like how we'd use a cross. Of course, that doesn't make the sequence of errors leading to a white-hooded villain having it on his cap any less hilarious.