Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

smashpro1 posted:

Anything for Big Johnny.

Written in the Stars just played, it's official

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
I forgot to mention this earlier but Austin Aries retweeted me. All is well in the world.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

PunkBoy posted:

Poor AJ :smith:

Uh, AJ the dude is not the idiot in this conversation... you are.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

smashpro1 posted:

Anything for Big Johnny.

:allears: I've done a complete 180 on Big Johnny since he took over. He's such a wonderful, spineless worm, and I hope he's the GM forever.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TL posted:

:allears: I've done a complete 180 on Big Johnny since he took over. He's such a wonderful, spineless worm, and I hope he's the GM forever.

Seriously when he first took over I was going on about how this was the dumbest thing. Then like, one show later 'oh, hey, this guy is hilarious and awesome? My bad y'all!'

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Yeah, he's a great on-screen character. Lets hope they never do something dumb like make him Executive VP of Talent Relations.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

Uh, AJ the dude is not the idiot in this conversation... you are.

How?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

Gonzo McFee posted:

How?

I guess MRP thinks its AJ Styles? Even though it says AJ Lee...

Yeah, I'm confused.

e: Follow me, I'm hilarious. https://www.twitter.com/#!/SASirJebus

Sir Jebus fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Feb 6, 2012

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Glitterbomber posted:

Seriously when he first took over I was going on about how this was the dumbest thing. Then like, one show later 'oh, hey, this guy is hilarious and awesome? My bad y'all!'
Yes, it's almost as if we had to wait... and then see how it turned out...

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax
He was pretty horrendous for at least the first month and they didn't seem to really know where they were going with him yet.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Yes, it's almost as if we had to wait... and then see how it turned out...

Because it happening once after six thousand failures to capitalize on something totally proves your point.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Because it happening once after six thousand failures to capitalize on something totally proves your point.
Especially since Johnny got over by virtue of getting torched by Punk promos every week for three months.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

That sometimes things need time and they turn out well, and sometimes better than the "one hour after RAW negative fantasy booking" scenarios? Yes, sure does.

It's like talking to CC but with 0 of the intelligence.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

How?

People know pro wrestling is fake, and know when a pro wrestler is walking around with a neckbrace that it is fake. Wrestlers aren't exactly the best actors.

Let's imagine this conversation:

Fan: You are in ECW?
Joel Gertner: Why yes I am.
Fan: But you are fat, completely unathletic and out of shape, won't you get hurt?
Joel: I'm wearing a neckbrace...

It was lovely of them to laugh at her, but in the end she seems shocked at their idiocy because of her kayfabe neckbrace.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
You can't break kayfabe on Twitter. Vince will find out. :tinfoil:

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

MassRayPer posted:

People know pro wrestling is fake, and know when a pro wrestler is walking around with a neckbrace that it is fake. Wrestlers aren't exactly the best actors.

Let's imagine this conversation:

Fan: You are in ECW?
Joel Gertner: Why yes I am.
Fan: But you are fat, completely unathletic and out of shape, won't you get hurt?
Joel: I'm wearing a neckbrace...

It was lovely of them to laugh at her, but in the end she seems shocked at their idiocy because of her kayfabe neckbrace.

So you actually think that AJ walks around with a fake neckbrace on all the time and that the conversation she tweeted actually happened?

Sir Jebus
Feb 9, 2010

The only hero left for man is weed.

https://twitter.com/!/CMPunk/status/166589373998047234

CM Punk
“@steveaustinBSR: With football season officially over I can now return to being a productive human being.” First time for everything!

This tweet made me a little excited.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Karmine posted:

So you actually think that AJ walks around with a fake neckbrace on all the time and that the conversation she tweeted actually happened?

I would hope she was doing something as simple as wearing a neckbrace in public if she was wearing one on TV. If it didn't, she made up a stupid story that makes her look dumb... Not seeing where she's not an idiot.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Wait, are you saying the guy was just playing along with her and she didn't realize it? I'm still not sure what your point is. In any case, if the story wasn't true, I don't see what's idiotic about keeping up with her persona on Twitter. AJ's whole schtick is "New girl who runs into wacky misfortune."

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
I thought that AJ's shtick was "I suck at wrestling but oh boy do I LOVE animes"

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

MassRayPer posted:

I would hope she was doing something as simple as wearing a neckbrace in public if she was wearing one on TV.

Well, it's 2012 and kayfabe is pretty dead so I dunno.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There was a video where someone yelled "Hey Edge!" to Curt Hawkins. We should all tweet to @thecurthawkins as if he were Edge and see if it goes anywhere. A few people did it elsewhere, but only three or four. Would like to see if we can make some sort of trend. Maybe it'll give him a new (old) gimmick.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

There was a video where someone yelled "Hey Edge!" to Curt Hawkins. We should all tweet to @thecurthawkins as if he were Edge and see if it goes anywhere. A few people did it elsewhere, but only three or four. Would like to see if we can make some sort of trend. Maybe it'll give him a new (old) gimmick.

Didn't someone do that to Test years ago? Not Twitter, obviously, but he was eating at a restaurant and the workers kept individually referring to him as Edge.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I would just like to point out that if you're not famous, David Otunga will only follow you if you have his picture for your avatar.

I hated that man so much last year, but he has become absolutely delightful recently. Still sucks in ring, but he wrestles so infrequently now that it doesn't matter.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Perry Normal posted:

I would just like to point out that if you're not famous, David Otunga will only follow you if you have his picture for your avatar.

I hated that man so much last year, but he has become absolutely delightful recently. Still sucks in ring, but he wrestles so infrequently now that it doesn't matter.

I love how he's always sipping a teensy cup of coffee. It's the little things.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
The fact that Scott Steiner has a Twitter account, but never tweets, is such a tragedy.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

The fact that Scott Steiner has a Twitter account, but never tweets, is such a tragedy.

And, when he does tweet, it's only to plug his website.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

smashpro1 posted:

And, when he does tweet, it's only to plug his website.

Or to say "RIP".

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

MassRayPer posted:

I would hope she was doing something as simple as wearing a neckbrace in public if she was wearing one on TV. If it didn't, she made up a stupid story that makes her look dumb... Not seeing where she's not an idiot.

So you'd rather have her acknowledge that the neckbrace is fake, hence breaking kayfabe? You've drawn a strange line, here. You must uphold kayfabe in public, but only until someone asks you about it. Then, you must admit wrestling is fake or else you're an idiot.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fart Radio posted:

So you'd rather have her acknowledge that the neckbrace is fake, hence breaking kayfabe? You've drawn a strange line, here. You must uphold kayfabe in public, but only until someone asks you about it. Then, you must admit wrestling is fake or else you're an idiot.

If she was wearing the brace in public, she is stupid. She wasn't though.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fart Radio posted:

That's fine, she should act like it is real. Typically when people post those kind of stories online it is to show what unobservant idiots people are. In this case if she thought these guys were dumb for asking if she gets hurt while she's wearing a neckbrace for a kayfabe injury, she's the one who isn't too bright.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
I don't get why you all care so much about AJ's neckbrace.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
HAHA OH MAN THAT'S DMPUNK THAT SAID THAT :laffo:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

DMPunk posted:

Captain Kawai Muscle Waifu as the voice of reason.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

DMPunk posted:

Good point, DM Punk. Being obsessive about female wrestlers is weird. Thank you for your insight, DM Punk.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

Karmine posted:

Good point, DM Punk. Being obsessive about female wrestlers is weird. Thank you for your insight, DM Punk.

Glad I could help.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

:can:

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I bet you'd all feel like jerks if AJ tripped over an ottoman or something and now actually needs a neckbrace.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

:can:

Is this really a debate? Of course Sting belongs in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Kiwi Bigtree posted:

Is this really a debate? Of course Sting belongs in.

WON HOF actually has standards when it comes to modern wrestlers unlike the WWE HOF. Not everyone gets in. If you're an old-school wrestler, on the other hand? It takes like three people to like you to get in.