Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Fuelslt1 posted:

'03 350z

Are you 5 feet tall? That seat's pretty much lodged in the dashboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

sadnessboner posted:

Interior! '63 Holden Special

My father had a '63 EH special for about 20 years. Such a solid car.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)
2008 RX8 R3

And my favorite part of the interior, so comfortable.

Fuelslt1
Jun 23, 2007
Maybe if I sell enough undercoating, I'll eventually stop being a gigantic prick.

Das Volk posted:

Are you 5 feet tall? That seat's pretty much lodged in the dashboard.

Ha no, I was cleaning out the interior.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Tentacle Party posted:

2008 RX8 R3

What's the deal with the red hashes from 5-10 on the tach?

tbb9
Sep 6, 2011

DogDodger posted:

powerband?

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

DogDodger posted:

It auto adjusts the redline according to engine temp. Startup (when I took the picture) and it will hit the rev limiter at 5000, a bit more heat and you get 7000. Only when the engine is at operating temp does it let you rev to 9000.

Edit- Its a great feature, I always wait till the first light from 5-7 disappears before actually driving anywhere, which ensure a good 30-45 second warm up.

Tentacle Party fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Feb 7, 2012

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Tentacle Party posted:

2008 RX8 R3

And my favorite part of the interior, so comfortable.

All these pictures of an R3 and none of those drop dead gorgeous wheels?!

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.

Tentacle Party posted:

It auto adjusts the redline according to engine temp. Startup (when I took the picture) and it will hit the rev limiter at 5000, a bit more heat and you get 7000. Only when the engine is at operating temp does it let you rev to 9000.

Edit- Its a great feature, I always wait till the first light from 5-7 disappears before actually driving anywhere, which ensure a good 30-45 second warm up.

That is pretty neat. Didn't BMW do something similar? The RS 4 simply has a warning at the bottom of the DIS that reminds you to keep the RPMs low until the oil temp registers warm enough, then the message changes to the oil temp display.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

DogDodger posted:

That is pretty neat. Didn't BMW do something similar? The RS 4 simply has a warning at the bottom of the DIS that reminds you to keep the RPMs low until the oil temp registers warm enough, then the message changes to the oil temp display.

The M cars since E39/E46 have them. Although I'm sure there are still idiots who rev a cold S54 up to 8000rpm.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Crustashio posted:

The M cars since E39/E46 have them. Although I'm sure there are still idiots who rev a cold S54 up to 8000rpm.

I think all E60s+later years have them.... And I think the E90's have it too.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Crustashio posted:

They realized this and now cap the engine revs via electronic limiter on the E60/E9x. I was looking at an E39 M5 years ago and the dealer employee immediately ran it close to redline while the car was dead cold :psyduck: Needless to say I didn't buy it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Boring but functional and all the materials feel really solid. A huge step up from my C5Z and the Sync system is pretty amazing.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Tentacle Party posted:

Cars warm up best when you drive them. Just don't push them. Once you have oil pressure, start movin'!

Unless rotaries are special or something.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Ziploc posted:

Cars warm up best when you drive them. Just don't push them. Once you have oil pressure, start movin'!

Unless rotaries are special or something.

Well yeah, but you don't wanna be going to 9 grand when the car isn't warmed up hence the lights?

I love those RX8 seats. A shame the platform got dropped but it just wasn't really evolving at all

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Das Volk posted:

I was looking at an E39 M5 years ago and the dealer employee immediately ran it close to redline while the car was dead cold :psyduck: Needless to say I didn't buy it.

This has been my experience with pretty much every remotely performance-oriented car I've looked at.

And they act like I'm crazy for wanting a new one off the truck.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

opengl128 posted:

Probably happened on the way into the truck anyway.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

dissss posted:

Probably happened on the way into the truck anyway.

Yeah :smith:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Sir Cornelius posted:

I've had it up to 175 indicated a couple of times. It's not nearly as ridiculously optimistic as a lot of other speedometers.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

opengl128 posted:

All these pictures of an R3 and none of those drop dead gorgeous wheels?!

Oh these old things? They were pretty gross after all the rain we've had lately.

saintsfan
Jan 24, 2006
2008 Bullitt.

I can't seem to find any of my normal, non HDR'ed pictures of it. This one was taken by a friend of mine.

It's actually waiting for me to give it some love and put some parts on!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
330ci, sky.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Chinatown posted:

330ci, sky.
320d, sunrise.

DogDodger
Nov 19, 2006

Hellcat likes it rough.
TT, sunset.

nutnmunch
Sep 19, 2007
get out.
370z, sunset.

Killbot
Jun 19, 2003

You know, you kids really ought to stop getting involved with this stuff.

saintsfan posted:

2008 Bullitt.

I can't seem to find any of my normal, non HDR'ed pictures of it. This one was taken by a friend of mine.

It's actually waiting for me to give it some love and put some parts on!

Another Bullitt owner! What parts are you planning on installing?

I wish there was a way to drop the 5.0 in (and keep all the electronic driver aids working) but I might just get a supercharger. The Edelbrock got decent reviews and it even fits under the strut brace.

saintsfan
Jan 24, 2006

Killbot posted:

Another Bullitt owner! What parts are you planning on installing?

I wish there was a way to drop the 5.0 in (and keep all the electronic driver aids working) but I might just get a supercharger. The Edelbrock got decent reviews and it even fits under the strut brace.

Indeed! I've got some new sways, lower control arms, upper control arms and subframe connectors. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the connectors but some people mentioned they help with the rattles.

For a while I was looking at the Saleen, but I'm not sure if you're following any other threads out there, but there's a manifold being manufactured to put the s/c off the GT500 onto the 4.6. I've actually acquired all the parts, less the manifold. I got in on a group-buy for it and it will hopefully be shipped to me in about 2 weeks or so.

I'm not sure if it'll fit under the strut brace or not. I kind of doubt it, but I'm still a bit hopeful. If not, I'll probably just have a little plaque made and place it on that little indent right over the radiator.

durty
Jan 28, 2009
1989 volvo 480

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wondered how long it would take until a goon showed up with one of those. Do you have any exterior pictures? I've always wanted to see one in person but they didn't sell them in North America.

durty
Jan 28, 2009

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

opengl128 posted:

This has been my experience with pretty much every remotely performance-oriented car I've looked at.

I'm convinced part of my car's high dyno readings (against a very large DB of runs sorted by dyno type, gas, etc) are due to my :spergin: level break-in procedure.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

durty posted:

Volvo

This car. :3:

omgitstheinternet
Apr 28, 2005

Money, Clothes, and Hoes;
All a Nigga Knows
I just moved to SoCal from NY, put some new wheels on my BMW, and took a picture of it in it's new home(hey socal AI goons let's hang out)

This was somewhere in Tennessee on the way, I like this picture

I'm hoping to get some good pictures of my car soon. Right now it has eibach pro-kit springs, but they look a bit high still with these wheels. I'm selling these and picking up something a bit lower soon.

Doctor Londom
Feb 24, 2006
I'm gonna get to the bottom of this and I don't give a fuck if you're at the top.

bowling 4 buttcoins posted:

Took a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8oOdWQRtFw&hd=1

Are you in the RIT Car Club by any chance?

bowling 4 buttcoins
Mar 13, 2011

Doctor Londom posted:

Are you in the RIT Car Club by any chance?

Have not been on campus enough to get involved sadly. I've been at previous AutoX events on campus, they're a lot of fun with a decent set of cars out there. The next event should be sometime in April.

Mr.Peabody
Jul 15, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

I've had it up to 175 indicated a couple of times. It's not nearly as ridiculously optimistic as a lot of other speedometers.

I like it better when the speedometer just doesn't seem to go far enough.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mr.Peabody posted:

I like it better when the speedometer just doesn't seem to go far enough.

It's not *quite* there, but close!

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
'02 Z06 sunset.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
^^
That picture would be a lot better if your Corvette didn't have a Toyota dealer license frame on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

davebo posted:

^^
That picture would be a lot better if your Corvette didn't have a Toyota dealer license frame on it.

Yeah, I need to stop being lazy about that...