Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Idiot race posted:

Whats the max size flash drive you can use? I've got a 20gb hdd and i've got like 2.2 gig left with pretty much only forza installed.

Up to 16 gig are supported. At least that's what it was at the start, don't know if they increased that in on of the later dashboard updates. I think not though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Its 16 gb, but you can put two sticks in if you want. Yes its loving stupid.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I have a 16 GB flash drive as my main 360 storage device because my HDD took a poo poo. Load times seem the same.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Welp. Count me out for multiplayer for a while guys. Account got stolen and, while I did manage to recover thanks to the fine folks at support, they've temporarily suspended it while they investigate and work on getting back the $125 the hacker spent through my PayPal on 10k MSPoints.

So, I've got my account back, but no more multi for a while. On the plus side, i've already filed disputes with PayPal over both charges and i've changed all of my info and passes so hopefully it doesn't get compromised again. Hopefully none of you guys get hit, since apparently it's not a phishing thing so much as a widespread brute-force thing :shobon:

bich
Dec 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh

T1g4h posted:

Welp. Count me out for multiplayer for a while guys. Account got stolen and, while I did manage to recover thanks to the fine folks at support, they've temporarily suspended it while they investigate and work on getting back the $125 the hacker spent through my PayPal on 10k MSPoints.

So, I've got my account back, but no more multi for a while. On the plus side, i've already filed disputes with PayPal over both charges and i've changed all of my info and passes so hopefully it doesn't get compromised again. Hopefully none of you guys get hit, since apparently it's not a phishing thing so much as a widespread brute-force thing :shobon:

This happened to me like a month ago, glad to know they haven't fixed it!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
They might not know where exactly it is coming from. Some say it is brute force, some say it is some sort of exploit with some other company. It shouldn't be too hard to add a lockout to the login screen. Bad password five times, you're locked out for an hour.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Cojawfee posted:

They might not know where exactly it is coming from. Some say it is brute force, some say it is some sort of exploit with some other company. It shouldn't be too hard to add a lockout to the login screen. Bad password five times, you're locked out for an hour.

I wanna see how many of the hacked accounts belonged to people who had PSN accounts and used the same password across both. But obviously didn't think of changing the Xbox one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My account was stolen a few months ago, and I've never had a playstation.

bich
Dec 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Same. I'm fairly sure it's some sort of memory hacky thing through multiplayer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

Steam Guard is a pretty nice implementation.. assuming you protect your email account sufficiently.

Would like to see more online services do something similar, basically means a crook has to crack two accounts to get anything.

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

The second the account hacking became known as an epidemic I switched auto-renew off my account and moved to using cards only. Same price, little fuss (free shipping or on the way home pickup), no lockout worries. I keep a "buffer" of MS points for DLC.

Also a maximum length password of random poo poo helps.

Really, though, MS needs to figure this poo poo out, stat. It's obscene. They don't give you a gold account?!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Microsoft has already released a statement on this, some weeks back, they said there isn't an issue. They aren't going to look into it any further.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Hello Spaceman posted:

I wanna see how many of the hacked accounts belonged to people who had PSN accounts and used the same password across both. But obviously didn't think of changing the Xbox one.
My Gmail account shared the same password as my PSN account and I forgot what my PSN password was as I hadn't used my PS3 in like 2 or 3 years. Account got hacked, gmail discovered it quickly and locked it out for me to sort out quickly.

Since then, everything I have a password for is a different password.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
You can now get the Fanatec CSR with the CSR Elite Pedals and the Shifter in a pack for €/$ 360. Apparently they got production prices down due to volume... thanks to idiots like me who bought the exact same poo poo for 100 euros more only four weeks ago :argh:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GhostDog posted:

You can now get the Fanatec CSR with the CSR Elite Pedals and the Shifter in a pack for €/$ 360. Apparently they got production prices down due to volume... thanks to idiots like me who bought the exact same poo poo for 100 euros more only four weeks ago :argh:

Don't tell me these things! :negative: I really want to buy this, I can afford it, but shouldn't do it right now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

I said come in! posted:

Don't tell me these things! :negative: I really want to buy this, I can afford it, but shouldn't do it right now.

Dooooooo it. DOOOOOoooooOOOOOOOoooooOOOO IT.

In other news, I'm not convinced by the S1 sound: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcHBhU_Di0#t=20s

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

LiquidRain posted:

The second the account hacking became known as an epidemic I switched auto-renew off my account and moved to using cards only. Same price, little fuss (free shipping or on the way home pickup), no lockout worries. I keep a "buffer" of MS points for DLC.

Also a maximum length password of random poo poo helps.

Really, though, MS needs to figure this poo poo out, stat. It's obscene. They don't give you a gold account?!

I switched off auto-renew and bought a 3 month card, but I didn't let the membership expire before putting it on, so it still wouldn't let me remove the card, saying it was "applied" to the pre-paid membership. I finally got off my lazy rear end and got one of those Visa gift cards with $20 on it and removed everything else.

All this hacking is too hard to just ignore. I've already done the whole password required for every login and the passcode, too.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

GhostDog posted:

Email them and ask for a store credit (or partial credit anyway) on another of their accessories, they usually seem pretty receptive to that kind of request when prices change and your only mistake was supporting them recently before the change.

And to ISCI!: BUY IT! Go go go go! Remember the feeling of "Holy poo poo, the game is actually... letting me have fun?" you had when you first got into Forza after Grind Turismo 5? Now multiply that joy a few times just by adding the wheel - which also works with GT if you feel like going back. And PC games.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

GhostDog posted:

I just bought the pedals and wheel a couple weeks ago, they're pretty awesome now that I'm figuring out how to drive with them(and I can finally try out PC sims!) but sucks about missing the sudden price drop. I'm hoping they'll drop the price of the shifter or replace it with something nicer at some point soon, $60 was a little pricey for me, though I'd definitely go for it with that package deal

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 6, 2012

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I stole someone's idea of using shoes as inspiration for a livery, and this is what I came up with:

I tried changing the colors up, and I think the car works best with colored rims:

Ready for Wednesday, though the final product has red rims;

I've got the red one up on my storefront (search lljk or gtcc), but if you want it in a different color (or the rims actually colored), let me know and I'll be glad to send one your way.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

And to ISCI!: BUY IT! Go go go go! Remember the feeling of "Holy poo poo, the game is actually... letting me have fun?" you had when you first got into Forza after Grind Turismo 5? Now multiply that joy a few times just by adding the wheel - which also works with GT if you feel like going back. And PC games.

I want to do it! It's very tempting. :smithicide:

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

GhostDog posted:

But I need to fix my real car...

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Paging Jabs...paging Jabs to the Forza thread...

Are we still going to run the GoonVintage this week? If so, rules would be awesome.
Sounds like you guys had a metric assload of fun with BTCC last week.

We'll stick with that until you guys say you're sick of it.

Or 3 more races, whichever comes first.

Schedule Updated.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 7, 2012

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Jabs (or anyone who has raced BTCC), do NA cars need to be bored up to 2.0 liters or can they keep stock displacement?

In addition, if anyone has any tips for tuning high power FWD cars, I'm all ears.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Feb 7, 2012

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I don't have a setup right now because I am in the middle of a relocation to Northern Canada, but in a couple weeks time I wanted to start hosting or atleast setting up some endurance races with some themes that interest me:

Longer races, say 45 minutes or so minimum, maybe an hour. It would be nice to have pit strategy become a factor, I'm not sure if accelerated tire wear and fuel usage are possible...

Race Themes:

Australian V8 Supercars versus Nascars
Pony Car Wars! (Any year Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, AMC ?)
Trans-Am races (multi class racing, sub 2.0L and Over 2.0L vintage cars)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wsqqgaqPRKU#t=50s

Sweet Jesus I'm going to crank up the volume in cockpit and go deaf :flashfap:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A couple more hours until we get the DLC. :f5:

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
When does it officially release...in Central time?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

The DLC is up for me. Downloading it now

EDIT: Okay the 787b sounds rad and the 155q4 has DTM aero options. Awesome! Also I uploaded the Quattro Sport S1 to the AUGR garage.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Feb 7, 2012

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
The 787b isnt a nightmare to see out of and is realy tractable. The R18 is a bit of a snooze to drive tho, also its like looking out of a shoebox.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Can somebody tell me how the HSV is?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

tehsid posted:

Can somebody tell me how the HSV is?

It looks identical to the other one but has less power and weighs a tiny bit less.

Also I noticed that the rampage dodge thing is actualy a widebody, might be pretty cool when ive got rid of those horrible wheels.

edit: oh god the 787bs idle sound is literaly the best thing

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 7, 2012

The End
Apr 16, 2007

You're welcome.

Idiot race posted:

edit: oh god the 787bs idle sound is literaly the best thing

A hundred times this. Love that Quad Rotor.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
The 787 is easily the most terrifying R1 car I've driven in Forza since the series debuted.

God, what fun.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 787B is the best R1 car in the game now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Jabs posted:

Sounds like you guys had a metric assload of fun with BTCC last week.

We'll stick with that until you guys say you're sick of it.

Or 3 more races, whichever comes first.

Schedule Updated.

Cool. I think I'll need to build something else to be more competitive though. That Focus wasn't quite cutting it.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

The 787 is easily the most terrifying R1 car I've driven in Forza since the series debuted.

God, what fun.

I dunno it feels pretty easy to drive in comparison with the diesels, especialy once you de-restrict them and they have enough torque to shift the earth.

I said come in! posted:

The 787B is the best R1 car in the game now.

until they add the xjr9 :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This car seriously sounds amazing. It's great having it in Forza 4, because the one in Gran Turismo 5 is very inaccurate, it just doesn't sound right at all, and that's half of what makes the 787B so awesome.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh god the quattro has additional aero options

yes that is the pikes peak aero setup :getin:

T10 you better be releasing pikes peak as a dlc damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

So I decided to give the blinged out Bentley Conti GT a spin to see just how much they screwed it up, and immediately noticed that under braking the car won't turn much and makes a shuddering sound like you were driving over rumble strips. It wasn't till I looked down and saw the tach jittering everywhere that I realized the front tires were rubbing on the insides of the wheel wells.

The best part is that it costs more than twice as much as the SuperSport, which is better in every concievable way.

Rampage's Challenger seems to handle surprisingly decent, most likely because of the fat as hell rear tires and wider stance, but I think the car as the same gearing and brakes as a stock Chally which sort of cancels it out. Might be a worthwhile tuner project if anyone can be bothered.

Also, the 787b sounds utterly amazing, especially going through a tunnel.

Scirocco Griffon fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 7, 2012

• Locked thread