Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Remember that one time when Sansa went to band camp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

mind the walrus posted:

We should start a "Which of GRRM's avatars fucks Dany before the series is up" pool.

All of them.

All at once.

Never was there so much fat man fold cheese. The stench alone will defeat the Others and bring peace at last.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Tommen's Mom has got it going on.

Cersei can't you see, you're just not the girl for me

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

crazypeltast52 posted:

Cersei can't you see, you're just not the girl for me

Now I'm just confused. Do you want to bang Tommen's Mom or not?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

my cat is norris posted:

Duh. Obviously the song is from Jaime's perspective over the course of books 3 and 4.

zocio
Nov 3, 2011

my cat is norris posted:

Tommen's mom is a Q.I.L.F.
- Osmund Kettleblack

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
Eugene Levy would make a great Balon Greyjoy.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SCTV? More like SKTV, am I right?

Martin Short would be a fantastic Varys.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Ambiguatron posted:

All of them.

All at once.

Never was there so much fat man fold cheese. The stench alone will defeat the Others and bring peace at last.
No, Doran Martell won't because Dany is too old for him.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I can see paulie shore as an excellent Ramsay.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

I can see paulie shore as an excellent Ramsay.

Gordon Ramsay should play Ramsay Bolton

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Anders posted:

Gordon Ramsay should play Ramsay Bolton

This is perfect since both are stupid assholes who like to cry like babies when things don't go their way. Also they are (probably) both sadist pigs.

Edit: I say probably because I am not 100% sure that Ramsey Bolton is one, we need more evidence from the next book.

Stay Safe fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 8, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Oh dear. You've insulted The Bad Thread's Lord and Saviour.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

whowhatwhere posted:

Oh dear. You've insulted The Bad Thread's Lord and Saviour.

Viconia?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
No, Viconia is the Once and Future Mod.

Gordon Ramsay is the Lord and Saviour. Once this thread was good, but Gordon Ramsay yelled at us for being boring.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I have nothing against the goon Gordan Ramsay or whatever his/her name is, just the chef television talent public icon.

smarion2
Apr 22, 2010
Just stop, for the love of god. He's going to hear you :ohdear:

My name is smarion2... My name is smarion2....

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

...it rhymes with carrion thew.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Xiahou Dun posted:

...it rhymes with carrion stew.

That's a better rhyme. You gotta know your name. And the name of your dinner.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

hailthefish posted:

That's a better rhyme. You gotta know your name. And the name of your dinner.

Lampreyus Pieus, commander of the armies of the north, general of the shitwater legions.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Jakabite posted:

Lampreyus Pieus, commander of the armies of the north, general of the shitwater legions.

Their marching song:

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a moray lamprey

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee.Black. You have five earth minutes ... Make it Perfect!
So a buddy of mine just got a mail from Amazon to tell him the following :

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/ref=pe_13021_28629411_pe_pack4txt/0007466072

How realistic is that release date?

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Yannos posted:

Well, it doesn't depend on grrm to do anything as the US edition was only one volume. So I don't see any reason it couldn't be true.

Yannos
Aug 4, 2006

You shall fetch me your universe's ultimate cup of coffee.Black. You have five earth minutes ... Make it Perfect!
Oh yeah so it's just the soft cover version then. Got a bit confused I guess. I would assume they'd get released at the same time.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
Wasn't supposed to be out until July I thought. Since he broke the volume in two, there is another prologue! And he said he was going to include a new epilogue in the paperback version - new epilogue chapter from TWOW.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

The GRRMs of other mediums:

Gabe Newell of Valve, releasing the awesome of half-life, half-life 2, Episode One and Two while taking forever to do so. The Episode 2-Episode 3 gap is approaching FFC-DWD levels with no announcement in sight, also obese.

George Lucas, three decent movies followed by a long gap, then a pile of absolute poo poo in the next 3 movies. Also obese and an absolute fucker.

Where are the other GRRMs? Their names don't have to start with a G, but if there's a pattern we should make sure no more children are given G_ names.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:
Well theres Roman Polanski because

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 9, 2012

TheSleeper
Feb 20, 2003

crazypeltast52 posted:

Gabe Newell of Valve, releasing the awesome of half-life, half-life 2, Episode One and Two while taking forever to do so. The Episode 2-Episode 3 gap is approaching FFC-DWD levels with no announcement in sight, also obese.

In the commentary for portal 2, there's a part where he says something about it probably being the last game they make with dedicated single player content, so I wouldn't hold my breath for episode 3.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

TheSleeper posted:

In the commentary for portal 2, there's a part where he says something about it probably being the last game they make with dedicated single player content, so I wouldn't hold my breath for episode 3.

No, bluh, this is not what was said, go look at the Occupy Half-Life thread for more detail.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Yannos posted:

After the Feast? How have I been reading this thread the last month and have never heard of this?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Octy posted:

After the Feast? How have I been reading this thread the last month and have never heard of this?

they split the really long books for softcover reissuing to make more money cause shits on tv now

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

run DNC posted:

they split the really long books for softcover reissuing to make more money cause shits on tv now

I thought they always did that in foreign countries due to the page length? Like there was a standard limit to how big fiction novels could be in size or something.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

run DNC posted:

drat it. Here I was thinking maybe there was new material there.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

General Battuta posted:

No, bluh, this is not what was said, go look at the Occupy Half-Life thread for more detail.

This is the thread which models itself after the :effort: of Gurm. Summarize the gist, please.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Azure_Horizon posted:

I thought they always did that in foreign countries due to the page length? Like there was a standard limit to how big fiction novels could be in size or something.

It's a pretty common fate for translated works; seems a translation of almost any text tends to wind up a bit longer than the original.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

whowhatwhere posted:

This is the thread which models itself after the :effort: of Gurm. Summarize the gist, please.

The bad thread can rest assured that its long-delayed and much-longed-for love, Half Life 3 (nee Half Life 2 Episode 3), will probably contain single player content. Gabe did an interview clarifying his remarks re: single player campaigns. Apparently in the future Valve will be focusing on 'single player plus', wherein even their single player campaigns have value added through social networking and bullshit like that. Maybe something like the hints system in Demon's Souls.

It doesn't mean the end of all single player campaigns from Valve in favor of yearly CS and DOTA sequels.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Groke posted:

It's a pretty common fate for translated works; seems a translation of almost any text tends to wind up a bit longer than the original.

Ah, yes, it must have taken great effort to translate from American English to British English

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whowhatwhere posted:

Ah, yes, it must have taken great effort to translate from American English to British English

Those superfluous 'U's add up man.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

whowhatwhere posted:

I hope they translated it into Cockney English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Factor_VIII posted:

I hope they translated it into Cockney English.

Whole thing into Cockney rhyming slang, eh?

I was just making a general observation, anyway. The first book just came out in Norwegian and was split in two volumes even for the hardcover edition, I'm going to check it out just because the translators are two old high school gaming buddies of mine and I'm curious to see if my homies did a good job.