Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Idiot race posted:

Oh god the quattro has additional aero options

yes that is the pikes peak aero setup :getin:

T10 you better be releasing pikes peak as a dlc damnit!

This is wonderful, look at that loving wing. I guess I can retire that paintjob on my sport quattro now too.

I love to see Turn10 giving us like this, the Raptor's rally lights package and the Charger's pushbar. Hopefully this is paving the way for more extensive and unique body modifications in Forza 5 :allears:. One thing I really liked from Shift 2 was the Works modification that let you turn any car into a full-blown tubeframe silhouette race car.

e: I'd settle for more than one level of adjustable Forza aero. Oftentimes you just can't eke enough downforce to get the performance you want, I'd love to be able to weld on a fuckhuge three element wing on my R3 240Z for example.

Sunday Punch fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

This is wonderful, look at that loving wing. I guess I can retire that paintjob on my sport quattro now too.

I love to see Turn10 giving us like this, the Raptor's rally lights package and the Charger's pushbar. Hopefully this is paving the way for more extensive and unique body modifications in Forza 5 :allears:. One thing I really liked from Shift 2 was the Works modification that let you turn any car into a full-blown tubeframe silhouette race car.

That feature badly needs to be in Forza! That's one of the few things I feel is missing from making the game pure perfection.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Sunday Punch posted:

Not any car...you couldn't do it on the Shelby 427 or any of the Legends DLC cars.....like the Mini :smith:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Sunday Punch posted:

e: I'd settle for more than one level of adjustable Forza aero. Oftentimes you just can't eke enough downforce to get the performance you want, I'd love to be able to weld on a fuckhuge three element wing on my R3 240Z for example.

Im hoping that they at least allow for wider track in the next forza because the 155 looks stupid as hell with the dtm aero but without the wider fenders. But it looks like they put the btcc aero in also which suits the standard bodied car.

Also shift 2s interiors got modified, so you'd start to see different steering wheels race dashes and most of the interior removed. Which beats forzas basic rollcage.

Its annoying about the aero thing, because there are a few cars that have options that would be nice on every car. For example the acura nsx and dc5 integra both have rear diffusers that add downforce.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

That feature badly needs to be in Forza! That's one of the few things I feel is missing from making the game pure perfection.

I would love to have a proper racing version of a CTS-V again, instead of just a road car with a giant spoiler tacked on. And considering putting racing bodies on otherwise boring cars was one of the best parts of Gran Turismo 1 and 2, it'd be great to see how Forza could take it to another level.

And speaking of aero, I noticed the '95 Mustang has all the necessary parts to make it look exactly like all those crappy V6 automatics you still see on the road. That more or less confirms my suspicions that they only put that car in because of the body style.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

And considering putting racing bodies on otherwise boring cars was one of the best parts of Gran Turismo 1 and 2, it'd be great to see how Forza could take it to another level.

The racing mods were awesome and I still can't believe they got rid of them for GT3 and onward.

quote:

And speaking of aero, I noticed the '95 Mustang has all the necessary parts to make it look exactly like all those crappy V6 automatics you still see on the road. That more or less confirms my suspicions that they only put that car in because of the body style.

Oh man, I'll have to build a turquoise one of these, because I swear there were at least 5 turquoise V6 auto 'stangs at my high school. Driven by douchebags who peeled out leaving school every day, of course.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011
Got my Challenge Stradale and Huayra for the CJ Wilson KotT today. So be on the lookout for yours if you earned them.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Sunday Punch posted:

On the subject of the tubeframe works cars in Shift 2, wasn't the RX-7 FC loving BEAUTIFUL to look at? It was a great "B class" car too. It reminded me of a tube frame Porsche 944.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Falken posted:

On the subject of the tubeframe works cars in Shift 2, wasn't the RX-7 FC loving BEAUTIFUL to look at? It was a great "B class" car too. It reminded me of a tube frame Porsche 944.

Yeah I remember, it was a pretty impressive widebody. Sadly I didn't get much play out of Shift 2 because I could never figure out settings for my wheel that didn't give me horrible input lag.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

Yeah I remember, it was a pretty impressive widebody. Sadly I didn't get much play out of Shift 2 because I could never figure out settings for my wheel that didn't give me horrible input lag.

Pretty much everyone had that problem. Slightly Mad screwed up the tire model just before release and never bothered to really fix it. EA threw them to the curb after the game bombed in sales. They are making a new sim now though (Project CARS), with a number of professional race car drivers on the team, that are working on the physics and have invested a lot of their own money into it.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
This week's GTCC Spec:

S-Class Supercar Shakedown 2/8/12 9PM CST

Phancypants posted:

Cars:
S-Class (Car must start A-class or better). Car should be a "Supercar".
No Drivetrain swaps
No Forza Aero, but aesthetic changes okay if available
Sport transmission or worse
Street suspension and anti-roll bars - if your car doesn't offer Street, then leave stock.
Sport tires, width unrestricted
Diffs can be whatever floats your boat
Sport weight reduction maximum, no race weight
If it's not mentioned, it's fair game.

Tracks:
Catalunya Grand Prix
Motegi Full Circuit
Infineon Indy Racing League Circuit

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.

Jabs posted:

Sounds like you guys had a metric assload of fun with BTCC last week.

We'll stick with that until you guys say you're sick of it.

Or 3 more races, whichever comes first.

Schedule Updated.

Hot drat! I was so pissed I missed last week's race. I built a Mini just to have it in my garage, now I'm glad it wasn't for nothing.

e: I dropped a slightly upgraded 787b in the AUGR garage for anyone who doesn't have 2.2 mil to drop on it right away.

e2: Just did 2 laps of Old Le Mans and set a 3:20:196 - 898 of 100,059. Yeah this thing's fast. If I drop the aero it'll probably be even faster.

speedtek fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 7, 2012

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

CaseFace McGee posted:

This week's GTCC Spec:

S-Class Supercar Shakedown 2/8/12 9PM CST

Are sport tires required, or can worse be used?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

GOD IS BED posted:

Jabs (or anyone who has raced BTCC), do NA cars need to be bored up to 2.0 liters or can they keep stock displacement?

In addition, if anyone has any tips for tuning high power FWD cars, I'm all ears.

Quoting this again because I have an NA Versa that I got up into S class before I realized my displacement is somewhere around 1.6L - is this acceptable for BTCC?

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I am really glad to see that you guys approve of the new 787B. I can't wait get home from work and d/l this pack.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

GOD IS BED posted:

Quoting this again because I have an NA Versa that I got up into S class before I realized my displacement is somewhere around 1.6L - is this acceptable for BTCC?
You MAY bore to 2.0l. It's not mandatory.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GOD IS BED posted:

NA Versa still at 1.6L in S Class...does not compute.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

This reminds me... I'm really hoping that they manage to put the Nissan Juke-R in the game at some point. It's pretty much the real-world equivalent of what we do with cars in Forza.

Heck, even if they put in a stock Juke, gave it conversion options for AWD and the GT-R engine and added in the aero bits that would be awesome as hell.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm probably wrong on the acutal displacement, but it's definitely not 2.0L. I'll check the p/w ratio and requirements again when I get home, but it seemed on target last night. It's super ridiculous, it speeds up like nothing else but then refuses to stay on the road :(. Any tips for FWD tuning would be greatly appreciated.

e: It may be a glitch car somehow, I had a CR-Z set up to be around mid-A class.

GOD IS BED fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 8, 2012

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

This reminds me... I'm really hoping that they manage to put the Nissan Juke-R in the game at some point. It's pretty much the real-world equivalent of what we do with cars in Forza.

Heck, even if they put in a stock Juke, gave it conversion options for AWD and the GT-R engine and added in the aero bits that would be awesome as hell.

This is so stupid, it's awesome. I, like those supposed sheiks, need this in my life.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

This is so stupid, it's awesome. I, like those supposed sheiks, need this in my life.

I think my favorite part about it is how Nissan's top people in Japan didn't even know about it until it hit YouTube, and then promptly cussed out Nissan Europe because they were worried that people were going to just start chopping up GT-Rs left and right to do things like this. And then after it was finished they were like "Well, since you went ahead and built it I guess we'll have to support it".

And now there's enough real demand that Nissan says they might actually consider a limited run of a couple hundred officially built ones.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

GOD IS BED posted:

I'm probably wrong on the acutal displacement, but it's definitely not 2.0L. I'll check the p/w ratio and requirements again when I get home, but it seemed on target last night. It's super ridiculous, it speeds up like nothing else but then refuses to stay on the road :(. Any tips for FWD tuning would be greatly appreciated.

e: It may be a glitch car somehow, I had a CR-Z set up to be around mid-A class.

I'm not blaming you for doing anything wrong, that just seems high.

Also, the Juke-R is amazing and I would love to at least get the Juke as a DLC, but that will never happen. :smith:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Idiot race posted:

I dunno it feels pretty easy to drive in comparison with the diesels, especialy once you de-restrict them and they have enough torque to shift the earth.
I mean, it's terrifying in that it pushes the limits of what you think a car can do. Right now I'm using a pad until my Fanatec is fixed and I imagine I could get alot more out of it with the wheel. I'm just not confident enough with the pad to push the car to it's limit.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

GOD IS BED posted:

What's your horsepower at? I think the upper limit is 295. I entered the race last week and I had forgotten about the HP threshold and had to detune my car a bit to make the requirements.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Just made a quick time with the Audi S1 with pikes peak aero at R3800 class... If I hadn't dirtied the previous lap, I would have had a top 1000 time on the Top Gear test track. I'm not even very good at this circuit!

This car is loving brilliant fun.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

Someone post pictures of the 787B, I can't get the DLC yet and I need a fix :(
Also if they put the Juke-R in (they should) I want the Nismo Leaf RC too.

vweeeeeeeeeeeee

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've had time to play with the 787B, Audi Quattro, and Audi R18, all are fantastic rides.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I know that all these top end cars should cost a lot of in game credits but I really hate having to grind to purchase them all.

I mean 20 million for the 250 TR? Really? I only upgrade cars once I hit affinity 4 and sure I may have bought a few cars here and there but I'm yet to crack 3 million since launch.

Granted I don't play a lot everyday but it would be nice to earn more money. Currently on tier 7. I guess I could race the higher class races but the lower classes are much more fun.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Puddin posted:

I know that all these top end cars should cost a lot of in game credits but I really hate having to grind to purchase them all.

I mean 20 million for the 250 TR? Really? I only upgrade cars once I hit affinity 4 and sure I may have bought a few cars here and there but I'm yet to crack 3 million since launch.

Granted I don't play a lot everyday but it would be nice to earn more money. Currently on tier 7. I guess I could race the higher class races but the lower classes are much more fun.

20 million? It's only 8 million (only being completely relative of course). The 250 GTO is the most expensive car in the game at 10 million. Plus you really don't need them to complete the game, they're mostly there for collecting/status purposes.

Also once your driver level goes above 50 the game will be giving you ridiculous amounts of reward money for leveling up. Somewhere in the order of 200,000+ credits per level if I remember correctly. You don't have to penny-pinch to get expensive cars really, just have fun with cars you like and eventually you'll have obscene amounts of money without really realizing it.

Plus if you check the auction house at the right time you can find some at a cut rate when somebody offloads all the duplicates they "won". I snagged a 250 GTO for half price out of a lot of like 9 of them posted all at once between three different people. The amount of work people go through to launder duped cars in this game is hilarious.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The large sums of money stops once you get to level 150 though, and affinity experience comes pretty slowly; which sucks, because there are about 4000 affinity levels total, spread out across all of the manufacturers. If you want a large garage, the grind will take a while.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Play Rivals mode. I played mostly career until level 50, then switched almost entirely to competing with friends on rivals mode.

In career I had trouble maintaining a million credits. Even with buying and building a bunch of cars to compete over the last month or so I found myself with 5.2 million credits today, so I bought everything I wanted from the new pack plus a lot of other cars.

If you're any good, you can get to a point where you're making 100k+ every time you beat someone.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!
"Rampage" Jackson's Time Posted. 1:51.674.

Hahahahahaha.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I'm sitting on 16.5M credits right now, all career mode :smug:

Then Again, lately I've only been driving BMW and Event Listing the World Tours.

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 8, 2012

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I never have credits, there's always a car I want to buy. :kiddo: That said, i'm still not actually close to hitting the garage cap, which is like 550 cars.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!
Oh my gentle jesus THE SOUND THIS BENTLEY MAKES IS INSANE! I am tearing the world asunder raaarrrrwWRRWWRrrw

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The large sums of money stops once you get to level 150 though, and affinity experience comes pretty slowly; which sucks, because there are about 4000 affinity levels total, spread out across all of the manufacturers. If you want a large garage, the grind will take a while.

Not really. Unless you're playing Ferrarimon (gotta buy 'em all!) like me or buying multiple copies of the same car for gifting or whatever reason, you'll have more than you know what to do with pretty quickly. Plus just doing rivals mode pays well since you still get experience and credits like a normal race on top of whatever bounties you do collect. Even just farting around in a multiplayer room full of AI drivers for an hour or so usually leaves me with 200,000+ credits more than I started with, plus whatever affinity bonuses.

Plus you can take prize cars you don't want, ring up a few easy wins with them and then flip them on the auction house for a fair amount too. Some people will buy anything at a premium if it's tuned to the top of a class and has a lot of wins attached to it.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

I said come in! posted:

I never have credits, there's always a car I want to buy. :kiddo: That said, i'm still not actually close to hitting the garage cap, which is like 550 cars.

Is there a garage cap? If so that would suck since there are currently 556 cars+17 unicorns in game. Unfortunately I too never have enough credits on hand anymore to buy cars since reaching level 150 and my next target is that new Bentley which clocks in at a whopping 550K and will take me a while to accumulate since I spend too much on upgrading cars. Drivetrain, Engine, Aspiration conversion and Aero all still cost money even after getting 100% discount for a manufacturer and the costs add up.
At least I'm getting close to owning all cars. I own all F-A (ex. new Bentley) and a good number of S class cars

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

I spend all my time painting instead of racing, but the storefront brings in enough money that I don't even pay attention to costs anymore. Basically I buy whatever I want to paint next and I still have about 15 million or so in the bank, it works out pretty well. I don't have any of the uber expensive cars though, the only one that's really tempting is the Daytona coupe.

azflyboy
Nov 9, 2005

wolrah posted:

If you're any good, you can get to a point where you're making 100k+ every time you beat someone.

How do you manage that? Every time I've done rivals, I only end up earning about 30-50k per race.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

azflyboy posted:

How do you manage that? Every time I've done rivals, I only end up earning about 30-50k per race.

You have to go fairly high up the leaderboards. I think the very top times have a bounty of 150,000.

• Locked thread