Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

RudyBrah posted:

I'm loving the dehydrated semen. I'm keeping this poo poo on ice, I'm sure to make a fortune! Might add a little to the pudding I'm preparing tonight to add some much desired "spice."

You couldn't even imagine how difficult it was to obtain. I'll spare you the details.

AuntBuck posted:

Thank you Rufus en Fuego! I will celebrate Indian Pudding Day with all my heart.

As well you should! It is only The Best Holiday. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
:neckbeard:

Thanks, cuntvalet! (Yours should arrive soon.)

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thanks Team Lunch for the envelope full of valentines!
Awesome work on the Hank and Dean venturetine Cuntvalet! I love it :3:
And finitejoy, I love the little scribbly octopus drawing in the valentines card.
Thanks everyone!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
More Goonentines arrived today, so I'd like to say a quick THANK YOU! to:

Dangereuse and Count Drunkula, for the excellent Valentine. I have no idea what I'll do with those spergy stickers, but I'm very pleased to have them. Your pixie sticks have given me the fuel to complete another 15 Goonentines. (Bonus image at the end of this post.)

\

Miryei, homemade Valentines rule. Thank you so much. The glitter didn't get all over my hands somehow, and that made these ten times cooler. Are you a friend of Malathor's? I confess my confusion at your message! :ohdear:

whenworldscollide, you're the best. Thank you, I adore the angel. I have avoided sticking anything to the wall above my desk for fear of wrecking the paint and incurring my landlord's wrath, but as soon as I saw that angel, I thought, "This bitch is going up right now!!!" drat straight.

I'm very pleased with my Goonentines! Thank you to everyone who's sent me anything. I never expected to get so many, and it's been awesome finding something cute and derpy in the mail everyday.

I have a tonne of stickers and cute little things from all the mail I've received, and I'm not sure what to do with it all. I considered sending some of it out to other deserving goons, but I wonder if that would be a faux pas? What's the consensus on sending out the knickknacks we've gotten?

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Sep 29, 2017

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
It's glitter glue, not glitter and glue, which is why it's not all over everything. I have so many colors of glitter glue now! Malathor's my husband, I signed him up for this for Christmas but he wasn't mailing anything out, so I tried to mail out valentines to everyone who sent him a Christmas card.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Ohh man, I keep forgetting to post thank yous because I want to get pictures of everything, but I keep procrastinating. :ohdear:

So, uh, here is some more procrastination, and thanks to lamb, Team Lunch, genesplicer, Andaley, Rufus en Fuego, hyperhazard, and Shoozy! I'll be mailing stuff out soon, but I might wait until next week. I'm going on vacation for a couple days and want to see if there are any good postcards. :woop:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Glad to see my origami has a place up on your wall :3:

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I, too, have sucked royally at acknowledging all the awesome goonentines I've gotten. Suzie McAwesome, Niemat, Lamb (with knit goodies!), Team Lunch, Mr. and Mrs. Genesplicer, Locutus of Bald, and Pillory Soft (I love the little handmade Amish valentine!) all sent me fabulous cards with goodies from around the US.

From goons abroad Dangereuse and Count Drunkula I also received an envelope of goodies and from America's hat I got THE loving GREATEST VENTURETINE EVER from Cuntvalet. :3:

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Holy crap guys, I'm so giddy that the Venturetines have been enjoyed thus far!

I know I have more (six, I think?) to go, and those might be a little late, but I'm hoping to get them sent by Valentine's Day at the latest, so we get to extend the cheer!

Oh my heck, I need to get back to drawing.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

Glad to see my origami has a place up on your wall :3:

All the smaller ones are kinda tucked underneath the bigger ones, but they're all there. Running out of space at the moment, and trying to think of some better way to display them.

I love having junk around my desk to distract myself from doing anything meaningful!

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 29, 2017

Tornado Laserfalcon
Dec 29, 2008
Hey guys, I posted over in the Valentine's thread but it looks like this is the place to be! I'm working on my cards tonight.

Tornado Laserfalcon
14163 Komedal Road
Bainbridge island, WA 98110

Tornado Laserfalcon fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 15, 2012

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I have a tonne of stickers and cute little things from all the mail I've received, and I'm not sure what to do with it all. I considered sending some of it out to other deserving goons, but I wonder if that would be a faux pas? What's the consensus on sending out the knickknacks we've gotten?

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the stickers that people have sent you to decorate other people's envelopes. I've even used some of the postcards that WWC has sent me in my mail to other goons.

As far as regifting the little tchotchkes people have sent, I don't know. While I do put a lot of time into curating things for my envelopes, I wouldn't be particularly offended if something I sent got passed along (better than it being thrown away). I could see how someone's feelings might get hurt though, if they sent you something they got/made special for you and then found out you sent it to someone else.

vegemitesandwhich
Nov 17, 2005
DiRt-y Girl
Valengoontines to report! Not sure if they're from here or the other thread (or both) so I'm going to cross post!

Huge thanks to Vixenella & Alkaphanel - I am going to use the "Romance Conversation Starters" on my fiancé at valentine's dinner and pretend it's like those awkard first dates all over again, Dangereuse & Count Drunkula - candy, from Australia!!! And yes, I love vegemite. I have like three different kinds in my house at the moment. Nom nom nom, Famine Poodle - your confetti *almost* got me!, wwc - I love the dragonflys, I'm going to decorate somthing in my office with them! And, your confetti did not get me because I saw your post about it before opening the envelope! ha!, finitejoy - triple giraffe for the win! I'm going to put a tattoo on my hand and see if my advisor notices. ha!, and finally, but not leastly, shoozy - the notepad is too cute to use! I'll probably still have it five years from now.

Yay goon mail!!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Today I got mail from Amarie, TinyDryad, and Andaley! Thanks a bunch, goons! :neckbeard:

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.

vegemitesandwhich posted:

Dangereuse & Count Drunkula - candy, from Australia!!! And yes, I love vegemite. I have like three different kinds in my house at the moment. Nom nom nom

What of Promite? Do you love it's yeasty goodness too?

I think I'm going to have to start including little Vegemite sachets. Along with detailed instructions on how to apply the Vegemite. More goonentines to be sent soon!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Does anyone know if Derringer is still around? She lives ~10 min from me, so I sent her a v-day card. Then I realized her address wasn't up anymore, and she doesn't have PMs.

It might be a teensy bit awkward to receive mail from some internet stranger, especially if someone else is living at that address now. :(

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Does anyone know if Derringer is still around? She lives ~10 min from me, so I sent her a v-day card. Then I realized her address wasn't up anymore, and she doesn't have PMs.

It might be a teensy bit awkward to receive mail from some internet stranger, especially if someone else is living at that address now. :(

You could always go over there and ask because that isn't creepy at all :v:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Well, vacation was postponed so I won't be sending off expensive Disneyland postcards for a while.. but I still have plenty of weird Valengoon goodies!

And I just realized I have a great excuse to decorate my calendar. I got a stupid scrapbooking calendar because it was on clearance at the craft store, but everything that came with it was stupid so I just hung it up like a normal calendar. Now it's slowly being covered in stickers, and it'll be a great "year of goonmail" collection. Most of the cards and paper trinkets I get already go into a photo album, but this will be a nice way of keeping the other tsotchkes together. :3:

I always thought scrapbooking was really stupid until now, other than to keep photos and things like ticket stubs for special events. Goons make everything better!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Vixenella and Alkaphanel for the robot valentines day card!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

I've gotten so much wonderful mail! Please excuse the truly atrocious cell phone pictures - I've tried to dress them up so as to distract from the crappiness.

Amarie loves me so much, she'd risk a permaban for me!

Tinydryad's cross-stitch inspired Valentine was lovely. I started doing the scratcher craft already

Cardboard Robot sent a robot-themed package of goodness which included some Andes Candies-like chocolate sticks and taffy, which made its way to my belly before I could take a picture

hyperhazard sent me a postcard from a perch atop a camel, miryei created handmade hearts with really nice things written on the back and Andaley sent a valentine with a cute little flower tattoo and heart stickers

The Genesplicers sent a beautiful Valentine with an intricate felt heart, and GonzoRonin drew me a butt farting hearts and sent lamb stickers!

skels sent the mother lode of Australian goodies. I am really sorry this one is so blurry, but there are stickers with all sorts of sayings one might hear at Outback steakhouse

wwc's package included a card-making kit that I am putting away for next year's mail (I start early)

and last but not least, Rufus en Fuego sent a vaguely phallic Valentine's Day bookmark, an awesome card that had a foam bee and felt robot, a recipe for Indian Pudding and a mini China Glaze Ruby Pumps, which is so awesome because I love tiny bottles of nail polish more than a fat kid loves cake. Oh, and unicorn semen.

---
Programming note: I've been giving some though to the Mother's Day card idea, and am thinking that we can do it within this thread, I'll just create a separate address file for goonmoms. Of course, if someone else would like to start a separate thread that would totally work too.

lamb fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Feb 8, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

cardboardRobot posted:

You could always go over there and ask because that isn't creepy at all :v:
Oh man, if I lived near more goons, I'd deliver singing candy-grams every year. I even own a violin for that extra snazzy touch.

lamb posted:

Hot drat, is that a :frog: card?

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with using the stickers that people have sent you to decorate other people's envelopes. I've even used some of the postcards that WWC has sent me in my mail to other goons.

As far as regifting the little tchotchkes people have sent, I don't know. While I do put a lot of time into curating things for my envelopes, I wouldn't be particularly offended if something I sent got passed along (better than it being thrown away). I could see how someone's feelings might get hurt though, if they sent you something they got/made special for you and then found out you sent it to someone else.

That is too bad, but you're probably right. I wouldn't want to insult anyone. I've got a billion little knickknacks and have to think of something to do with them now. :ohdear:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Hot drat, is that a :frog: card?

Nope. If it were you would most definitely need not ask. I ended up drawing that face on all the cards I made. Her's just happened to be a green card. Wasn't meant to look like anything in particular.
Last year I made some :frogout: magnets but didn't go with that again this year. Wanted to do something different. Plus they were SO much work.

I also just checked my list of who I've sent things to and realized I haven't sent anything to you yet, so I am adding you to my list of people to receive an extreme dot to dot. Finances aren't the best at the moment though so they won't be going out for awhile, but rest assured you will be getting one too.

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I've got a billion little knickknacks and have to think of something to do with them now. :ohdear:

You could just keep them like I do. I keep everything in their respective envelopes so I know who sent what. When I'm feeling depressed I go though all the mail I've received and it makes me feel better. :3:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

cardboardRobot posted:

You could just keep them like I do. I keep everything in their respective envelopes so I know who sent what. When I'm feeling depressed I go though all the mail I've received and it makes me feel better. :3:

That's really sweet. :3: Maybe I'll scrapbook 'em and post pictures. I've never scrapbooked before, though. It seems so addictive, and time/money consuming.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Thermophonic Joy posted:

That's really sweet. :3: Maybe I'll scrapbook 'em and post pictures. I've never scrapbooked before, though. It seems so addictive, and time/money consuming.

I just keep them on my shelf at the moment so that I can look over and see just how many envelopes I've gotten. I plan to get a nice box for them later on though when there gets to be too many. I don't ever plan on throwing any of them out :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

cardboardRobot posted:

I just keep them on my shelf at the moment so that I can look over and see just how many envelopes I've gotten. I plan to get a nice box for them later on though when there gets to be too many. I don't ever plan on throwing any of them out :3:

I do the same thing. Some items I put on my infamous bulletin board, but all the envelopes go in a nice basket that I have. I won't be throwing stuff out either.

I got an action-packed V-day from Thermophonic Joy today!! I love it, thank you soooo much! I ADORE the bee. It is badass. Was that the secret you were talking about a couple of days ago? If so, it got her really really friggin' fast. I will steal some batteries from a small appliance tonight and snag a photo, will edit it in. I super duper love it. :3:

Anyway, I love everything in there, the PETA stickers and info are funny to me. I am not a vegan or anything even near, but I love stuff that takes the piss out of McD's. Love the stickers as always and dinotine is hilarious. Thanks soooo much.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
I keep mixed media journals, so I think the last 3 or so have been filled quickly thanks to goonmail.

Much like others have said, that way, when I'm having a down day, I can flip through the journals and look at how many goons have sent love my way and have taken time to think of me!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

when worlds collide posted:

I do the same thing. Some items I put on my infamous bulletin board, but all the envelopes go in a nice basket that I have. I won't be throwing stuff out either.

I got an action-packed V-day from Thermophonic Joy today!! I love it, thank you soooo much! I ADORE the bee. It is badass. Was that the secret you were talking about a couple of days ago? If so, it got her really really friggin' fast. I will steal some batteries from a small appliance tonight and snag a photo, will edit it in. I super duper love it. :3:

Anyway, I love everything in there, the PETA stickers and info are funny to me. I am not a vegan or anything even near, but I love stuff that takes the piss out of McD's. Love the stickers as always and dinotine is hilarious. Thanks soooo much.

Yep, that's the awesome Goonentine I made. I'm so happy you like it! It took me ages to draw the bee, you have no idea. And then I had to cut it out with my crappy scissors... Anyways, it was a work of love, and if there are weird spots, that's probably blood, sweat and/or tears.

I got a tonne more Peta stuff for some reason. I wrote them a message asking to be taken off their mailing list and since then have received envelope after envelope of Peta stickers, pamphlets, and magazines. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll probably just mail out the least obnoxious of the stickers, and maybe this cute pamphlet about elephants in the circus. :ohdear: The poor things.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Yep, that's the awesome Goonentine I made. I'm so happy you like it! It took me ages to draw the bee, you have no idea. And then I had to cut it out with my crappy scissors... Anyways, it was a work of love, and if there are weird spots, that's probably blood, sweat and/or tears.

I got a tonne more Peta stuff for some reason. I wrote them a message asking to be taken off their mailing list and since then have received envelope after envelope of Peta stickers, pamphlets, and magazines. Not sure what's up with that, but I'll probably just mail out the least obnoxious of the stickers, and maybe this cute pamphlet about elephants in the circus. :ohdear: The poor things.

I am so surprised it got here so quickly! Yoooou should make more of those bees, it is resplendent. Bravo :)

I haven't sent your numba 2 yet, I haven't felt very well the past couple of days. It will have awesome inside, though.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I am so surprised it got here so quickly! Yoooou should make more of those bees, it is resplendent. Bravo :)

I haven't sent your numba 2 yet, I haven't felt very well the past couple of days. It will have awesome inside, though.

You don't have to send me a second one! It's totally cool. I'd already hit all the other Canadigoons, so I sent you another with my last stamp. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Being under the weather is the shittiest thing. :ohdear:

I just had a big stupid fight with my boyfriend and am in need of some goonlove. Time to go through the cards again. :3: Men are so confusing.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

You don't have to send me a second one! It's totally cool. I'd already hit all the other Canadigoons, so I sent you another with my last stamp. I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Being under the weather is the shittiest thing. :ohdear:

I just had a big stupid fight with my boyfriend and am in need of some goonlove. Time to go through the cards again. :3: Men are so confusing.

Noo, I want to! I wanna try and make something special, like something I actually make! Or paint, rather. Having a hard time with my SO as well, which is part of why I'm a bit down. By the way, have you got a Pinterest? Should add me. I would PM you but you don't appear to have plat. :sun:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Noo, I want to! I wanna try and make something special, like something I actually make! Or paint, rather. Having a hard time with my SO as well, which is part of why I'm a bit down. By the way, have you got a Pinterest? Should add me. I would PM you but you don't appear to have plat. :sun:

I'd never heard of Pinterest before reading this, but I'm googling it right now and will probably be able to add you soon enough.

I love love love homemade gifts! It's something I always did as a child, and my mother encouraged me to believe that they were the most meaningful presents. I'm sad that it's becoming a lost art, along with snail-mailing homemade cards and such. It's nice to find so many people (this thread!) with a similar interest in these things!

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I'd never heard of Pinterest before reading this, but I'm googling it right now and will probably be able to add you soon enough.

I love love love homemade gifts! It's something I always did as a child, and my mother encouraged me to believe that they were the most meaningful presents. I'm sad that it's becoming a lost art, along with snail-mailing homemade cards and such. It's nice to find so many people (this thread!) with a similar interest in these things!

I can send you an invite, if you need one. I don't know if it's open yet, it was in closed beta when I got my account. There's a thread in DIY forum too.

I want to try to paint again, it's been way too long. So you will be my first victim (if I can paint something I'm halfway satisfied with).

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I can send you an invite, if you need one. I don't know if it's open yet, it was in closed beta when I got my account. There's a thread in DIY forum too.

I want to try to paint again, it's been way too long. So you will be my first victim (if I can paint something I'm halfway satisfied with).

I would love an invite! It looks really neat, and I've just spent the last however long it's been since my last post browsing through all the cool things on there.

And I'm super excited for a painted Goonentine from you! I'll stick it on my wall! :buddy:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 9, 2012

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know
Sent! You can remove your addy now if you like. Pinterest is horribly addicting and totally fun.

I'm hoping to be able to pull out the paints tomorrow-ish. I'm still sulking tonight, haha. I don't feel like doing anything that isn't party to feeling sorry for myself. :colbert:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Sent! You can remove your addy now if you like. Pinterest is horribly addicting and totally fun.

I'm hoping to be able to pull out the paints tomorrow-ish. I'm still sulking tonight, haha. I don't feel like doing anything that isn't party to feeling sorry for myself. :colbert:

Thank you! I will check it out in the morning before work. Less than a week til payday and then I can send endless Goonentines! I am disgustingly excited about this. :smith:

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the Valentine's Goonmail, WWC :glomp:

Now, where to spend my tiny replica Canadian dowwahs...

Distrata
Jan 24, 2007
Meh
This seems like fun!

Distrata
68 Bayberry Dr
Bristol, CT 06010-7605

No NMS/NWS stuffs please! I like cats, video games (can't stop playing Saints Row 3 at the moment), cars, sparkly things, star-shaped things, purple, artsy stuff.
I can draw and make things. Hopefully I can make stuff and start sending out cards soon. I hope you guys won't mind getting a late Valentines Day card!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

cardboardRobot posted:

Last year I made some :frogout: magnets but didn't go with that again this year. Wanted to do something different. Plus they were SO much work.

I still have mine :)

The list is up to date as of today!
http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.html
Or, for those who prefer excel files: http://side-o-lamb.com/goonlist.xls

lamb fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
So, I, uh...bought a Cricut last night. It was on sale at Michael's.

Someone stop me.