Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

This caught my eye when I was wandering around town:

I'm a bit shocked nobody had stolen the spring to sell for scrap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

CaptBubba posted:

Hella toe, the new stance.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

meatpimp posted:

What fortuitous timing.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

CaptBubba posted:

Maybe the check bounced?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy
Wait...im pretty sure this is not how these things work:

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Poing posted:

Boston, I'm in for spectating science experiments in destruction.

Boston as well, this would be the best first Boston AI meet.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
My shop has a lift and good ventilation, so depending on the level of destruction predicted, we could do it inside there or right out front. The only neighbors are a sheet metal shop, rail workers, and a local biker gang.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Shai-Hulud posted:

Moose be chillin.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

CaptBubba posted:

I'm amazed you arent strutting about because of the bomb pun you dropped.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Shai-Hulud posted:

Some of them do, actually, it's how they position the flatbed so a car can be driven/dragged onto it.

However, that is also where body-on-frame trucks break.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Micromancer posted:

I'm amazed you arent strutting about because of the bomb pun you dropped.

It might have been unintentional, but I'd hate to put a damper on your mood.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm down for a Boston or Worcester area AI meetup. I'll even be driving one of my horrible mechanical failures.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
Sounds like "blow up engine, and show off your most AI poo poo pile" meet.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Fucknag posted:

It might have been unintentional, but I'd hate to put a damper on your mood.

I worry that if I am obvious with my puns then people will start to tire of my posts.

It originally said amazed instead of shocked but I couldn't resist.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...
Can we put the brakes on these puns...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Yesterday two people drove their cars into the ocean.

The video only shows the second car go in. A car the driver borrowed from his dad.

The accident wasn't a mechanical failure but it's still worth watching.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

A student posted:

Yesterday two people drove their cars into the ocean.

The video only shows the second car go in. A car the driver borrowed from his dad.

The accident wasn't a mechanical failure but it's still worth watching.

:stare:

Found with this article. That's one lucky kid. At least until his dad finds out :argh:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Root Bear fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 9, 2012

Kotaru
Jan 17, 2004

"Serve the Hive.....
Feel the groove.
I control....
the way you move."

Root Bear posted:

Found with this article. That's one lucky kid. At least until his dad finds out :argh:
Clears it up a bit since I thought it was a teenager crashing his dad's rally car.

He is a NASCAR driver and overcooked a right turn. :ohdear:

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Root Bear posted:

I can't stop hearing the General Lee horn in my head when I look at this pic.

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde

Root Bear posted:

I miss my Capri.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

peepsalot posted:

I can't stop hearing the General Lee horn in my head when I look at this pic.

Youre not alone

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

meatpimp posted:

It's a performance mod, it helps you corner faster in one direction.

You can tell who has been to the track and who hasn't.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

parrhesia posted:

It's a performance mod, it helps you corner faster in one direction.

You can tell who has been to the track and who hasn't.

Good enough for Nascar...

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS
What the gently caress, swaybar? Why you gotta throw me like that?

IAmGod posted:

This '72 Charger used to be my daily driver until I had to take it into a guard rail to avoid hitting someone this afternoon. Poor baby
Aw, poo poo. If you saw some lanky mook get out of a white Jeep and creep on your Charger a few minutes ago, that was me. I have an extra garage bay just up the road from you if you need a place to smack things back together. Can't see a coke bottle languish.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

So should we start a "melt the gently caress out of huge motors using crazy rear end science + oh yeah new england AI meet" thread?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Slow is Fast posted:

So should we start a "melt the gently caress out of huge motors using crazy rear end science + oh yeah new england AI meet" thread?

do it!

I am officially offering my redneck yard full of jeeps, parts jeeps, tractors, and home renovation debris as a cookout/destruction location. Plenty of parking available, so long as you have at least the ground clearance of an 01 Audi lowered 1".

(I'm central mass, right at the 84/90 junction, if that's too far from everyone, nevermind)

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
If we made it a weekend, and sometime this spring, there's a good chance that I won't be on a boat, Alaska (boat), Suriname (boat), or offshore (ship).

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
I'll volunteer to host as well. I have a hackerspace in Nashua with an automotive area (lift, tools, etc), plenty of parking out front, and it's back by the rail yard so no one cares if we make a lot of noise. You do have to take it easy on the gravel drive though or the train guys get pissed .

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Give me a date and I'll probably trundle up from PA in one of my mechanical failures. I have family in that area, so it gives me an excuse to visit them too.

Hillridge
Aug 3, 2004

WWheeeeeee!
March 10th and 17th we have a welding class scheduled, so it wouldn't be best to have a group in at the same time. Any weekend other than those and mid April should be ok with me.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Nashua sounds like a good spot too.

I cranked up my air raid siren in the back yard today and the neighbors didn't even bother to come over and find out what was going on :haw:

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
I'm down for an AI meet. I'm in Boston (Somerville) MA.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Someone fly me over from Australia tia.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oops. Happened across this today. I was driving along and saw blinking lights which looked suspiciously close to my office. Zipped over to see our ~100 year old brick building + classic mustang having met. (I cut out the minors face.)

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

do it!

I am officially offering my redneck yard full of jeeps, parts jeeps, tractors, and home renovation debris as a cookout/destruction location. Plenty of parking available, so long as you have at least the ground clearance of an 01 Audi lowered 1".

(I'm central mass, right at the 84/90 junction, if that's too far from everyone, nevermind)

I'm fine with starting the thread, I just don't want to step on Sponge!'s toes since he brought up the melting motor awesomeness.

We do need to get a spring new england AI meet thread going though. Plus I wanna see some sexy MJ's kastein...

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

you are looking to the wrong guy if you want to see sexy MJs.

Mine are all basket cases.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

kastein posted:

you are looking to the wrong guy if you want to see sexy MJs.

Mine are all basket cases.

Trick question. All MJs are sexy MJs.

chyaroh
Aug 8, 2007

H110Hawk posted:

Oops. Happened across this today. I was driving along and saw blinking lights which looked suspiciously close to my office. Zipped over to see our ~100 year old brick building + classic mustang having met. (I cut out the minors face.)

This was a couple of years ago, but this car:

Did this

To my office wall. Fortunately I wasn't inside at the time.

Pope Ron Paul II
Feb 10, 2008
GodTube Ron Paul?

H110Hawk posted:

Man, that is a drat shame. I mean, that brick wall was pretty old. :downs:

Serious post: What kinda damage would you say that 'stang would've sustained? That tyre is looking mighty outta shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'd say it's a constructive total loss...the frame & frame box at the right front are bent. See how the rocker trim's popped off on the driver's side?

OTOH, anything's rebuildable if you have the money...