Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Badguy posted:

I don't know about that:

But yeah if Sony aren't going to do much to push Toro and Kuro outside Japan then they should put Sackboy in everything. One of the few weakpoints in Modnation were the character designs, will be happy if this is more of the same with sackboys swapped in.
Wait, you can get Toro/Kuro in English?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
This version has full english text and menus, looks like it's now sold out on Play Asia though. There's another edition which is japanese only, so watch out for that.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

Code Jockey posted:

Gonna go take care of that little problem and then it's off to FF9! Can someone briefly go over anything that's really important but missable like the draw-able GFs in FF8 in a non-spoiler fashion? Sucked not getting to pour AP into those handful of GFs I missed till literally the end of the game. :/

One of Zidane's abilities does more damage depending on how often you've successfully stolen from enemies. From the start of the game, try and steal one thing from every fight, and by the time you get the skill it will do very good damage for that part of the game, and if you keep it up it will remain really useful.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Badguy posted:

I don't know about that:

But yeah if Sony aren't going to do much to push Toro and Kuro outside Japan then they should put Sackboy in everything. One of the few weakpoints in Modnation were the character designs, will be happy if this is more of the same with sackboys swapped in.

Is that really the best they can do with the PS3? Wind Waker did better cartoon style graphics on the Gamecube.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think that game came out like 3 years ago, and it's mostly built from Weekly Toro Station's graphics.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

notZaar posted:

Is that really the best they can do with the PS3? Wind Waker did better cartoon style graphics on the Gamecube.

Uh they aren't really going for the same art style

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr Snofeld posted:

One of Zidane's abilities does more damage depending on how often you've successfully stolen from enemies. From the start of the game, try and steal one thing from every fight, and by the time you get the skill it will do very good damage for that part of the game, and if you keep it up it will remain really useful.
Also stealing is really useful in general in FFIX since you can get really good items and gear from doing!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I didn't realize Toro and Kuro were a Sony thing. I thought those characters were made by Capcom. They seriously need to come to the west.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
I wouldn't be too upset about MoH getting a sequel, its a hell of a lot better than CoD / BF in terms of campaign.

Of course, the multiplayer is total poo poo, possibly one of the shittiest online experiences in recent memory, but I'm burnt out on online FPS games at this point anyways. I don't know how people can stand to pay $60 and jump ship every time a new shooter comes out, they are so loving derivative.

Eventually there wont be anything except shooters coming out. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a Desert Tan combat boot stamping on a brown person's face - forever.

Tamagod Sushi
Oct 26, 2009

One Bad Muthapaca
Good morning PS3 Games Thread, and here is the Europe PSN release list for the 8th of FEB! (Click here for the full list of Minis and DLC) :)

A few notables:

Shank 2 for (£7.99/€9.99)

The Simpsons Arcade Game is (£7.99/€9.99 or FREE to all PSN+ Subscribers)

Malicious (£6.49/€7.99) (PS Plus members receive a 20% discount)

and finally,

Gotham City Impostors (£11.99/€14.99)

Full game downloads of Catherine, Mortal Kombat and Top Spin 4 are also available. We now return to your regular forum programming.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Note to people playing Simpsons Arcade game: Don't enter my game and then drop out. You're wasting my credits :argh:

pizza valentine
Sep 19, 2007

DON'T FAKE THE FUNK
Grimey Drawer

axleblaze posted:

Note to people playing Simpsons Arcade game: Don't enter my game and then drop out. You're wasting my credits :argh:

The Simpsons Arcade game is close to unplayable online :/ That input lag is baaaaad.

Honey Badger
Jan 5, 2012

^^^ Like this, but its your mouth, and shit comes out of it.

"edit: Oh neat, babby's first avatar. Kind of a convoluted metaphor but eh..."

No, shit is actually extruding out of your mouth, and your'e a pathetic dick, shut the fuck up.
As a new PS3 owner, what is the deal with PS2 classics? I bought an assload of old PS1 games that I grew up with, and got excited to see what PS2 stuff they had. There were like 10 games and I had never heard of the majority of them. Is it just too much work to put them on the network? Are all PS2 games back compatible or something, or does Sony just not give a poo poo about adding PS2 games? I mean looking at the new releases and seeing a Spongebob game as the only new PS2 content seems like an insult, if anything.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The games ported by Backbone always have that problem, I don't get it. Every single game I've tried to play by them has input lag if you're online as anything other than the 1st player.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Honey Badger posted:

As a new PS3 owner, what is the deal with PS2 classics? I bought an assload of old PS1 games that I grew up with, and got excited to see what PS2 stuff they had. There were like 10 games and I had never heard of the majority of them. Is it just too much work to put them on the network? Are all PS2 games back compatible or something, or does Sony just not give a poo poo about adding PS2 games? I mean looking at the new releases and seeing a Spongebob game as the only new PS2 content seems like an insult, if anything.

They have been adding PS1 games and building that digital library for years on PSN (Now SEN I suppose). Only relatively recently did they start rolling out PS2 digital copies. We just need to bear with it and give it time I bet.

Edit: If you think of it, slowly rolling out PS2 classics will be hard to please everyone. PS2 has such a large library the chances of your desired gems coming out soon is probably slim. It is frustrating that we see Spongebob while so many classics are out there with people waiting for them. The PSOne classics eventually had great moths where all the Square or Konami games started rolling out, hopefully PS2 gets to that soon.

At this rate they will still be re-releasing PS2 games on the PS3 well into the PS4s life. Hopefully the PS4 has a more generous backwards comparability and will run PS2 games that have been specifically altered to run emulated on the PS3.

Neon Knight fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 8, 2012

Troffen
Aug 17, 2010

Honey Badger posted:

PS2 classics just started a few months ago, just give them some time to shore up the numbers. I think SamBishop said they've got a huge number of PS2 classics lined up.

Take it as an opportunity to try some games you haven't played before (God Hand and Odin Sphere are cool games)

Troffen fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Feb 8, 2012

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Honey Badger posted:

Because they're actually redone to be compatible with the PS3 which no longer does hardware emulation or partial software emulation. I'm guessing it takes more time and effort to make them compatible.

Maybe it's just me but it also seems like there's less developers going along with the PS2 classics thing initially than there was with the PS1 classics. I hope it'll pick up a bit more soon and more people re-release games.

Also, for those of us who were waiting for Killzone to get it's PS2 re-release, the news is out that it's been delayed indefinitely.

quote:

According to the official Killzone Twitter, the Sony Entertainment Network re-release of Killzone has been indefinitely delayed after missing its January 24 release date.

"With regards to KZ1 for PS3, not sure what happened but I’ve been informed that it’s been delayed indefinitely," stated the feed...

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
If you liked the idea of Shank, but found the execution a bit... pedestrian, Shank 2 is worlds better (imo.)

Lovin' it.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Azruelli posted:

Also, for those of us who were waiting for Killzone to get it's PS2 re-release
People were waiting for that crap?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Feenix posted:

If you liked the idea of Shank, but found the execution a bit... pedestrian, Shank 2 is worlds better (imo.)

Lovin' it.

I'll probably get it, but I'm annoyed that they took out a proper co-op campaign. The co-op campaign in the original, while short, was an overlooked gem and worlds better than the single player.

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

the truth posted:

People were waiting for that crap?

I thought I saw a couple people talking about it earlier in the thread, but after doing a quick search it looks like I was just misremembering. Sorry! :shobon:

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Tamagod Sushi posted:

Malicious (£6.49/€7.99) (PS Plus members receive a 20% discount)
I don't remember what the verdict was from the JP-side release, but this does still look quite awesome:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvBoqs7qEm4

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Shalinor posted:

I don't remember what the verdict was from the JP-side release, but this does still look quite awesome:

I see that hand-scarf thing and all I can think of is that game where you use your magic hand thing to pull the giant breasts of enemies until they pop.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Shalinor posted:

It's a pretty good game. It's a short score attack/time attack deal with Megaman-esque progression. Each level is a big boss fight, and each boss gives you a new power. Each level you complete raises the difficulty of all the remaining ones, so you can pick your own route.

The whole thing is under an hour long if you know what you're doing, but it has good replay value and a few extra modes. Has a bunch of nice details, like your body literally getting torn apart as you lose health - you can regenerate lost limbs, but the clothes on them don't return.

It kinda feels like an arcade port, but it was never an arcade game.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 8, 2012

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
What are the chances of Sony/Sega putting up Shining Force 1 and 2 on the PSN and giving them trophy support? They've done it with a handful of Mega Drive games (Streets of Rage 2 etc...), so I guess it's a possibility.

Because I would buy the poo poo out of that.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Leyburn posted:

What are the chances of Sony/Sega putting up Shining Force 1 and 2 on the PSN and giving them trophy support? They've done it with a handful of Mega Drive games (Streets of Rage 2 etc...), so I guess it's a possibility.

Because I would buy the poo poo out of that.

I'm for anything that might potentially lead to them finally bringing over all three Shining Force III games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Did Sega do it for Xbox LIVE? If so, then they'll probably port it somewhere down the line.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Did Sega do it for Xbox LIVE? If so, then they'll probably port it somewhere down the line.

As far as I know only they've only been released for the Saturn, and only the first of them was ever translated.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I played through SFIII up till the final battle on the Saturn, only to find out that you had to fight a second front with your reserve team during this battle. Since my reserve team were all low level scrubs this meant a lengthy grind in order to even have a chance, so I never finished that game. :(

They should remake all of those games.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Apparently the ModNation team is making LittleBigPlanet Karting.

There's a joke here but I just can't find it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Leyburn posted:

They're on the Sonic Genesis Collection, which is pretty as close as it gets for now.

Some of those games have made it independently like Streets of Rage. I think it's up to whatever third party company (hello Backbone Entertainment) that wants to do it, I don't think Sega is the one that does it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Policenaut posted:

"Again."

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Honestly I consider that to be a good thing. The only downfalls of Modnation were the loading times being too long and the visuals being rather bland, the actual gameplay was the best the karting genre has ever seen however. They really know how to get the physics perfect and balance all the weapons so the game has all the fun of Mario Kart without the frustration. LBPK is in good hands in my opinion.

Mrs. Badcrumble
Sep 21, 2002
The PS4 needs to straight-up support SackBoy at the OS level as an answer to Miis and Avatars.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rising Star's new American branch on bringing Way of the Samurai 4 over to America: "We can't discuss that at the moment, maybe in a few weeks"

Game is still confirmed for European release.

Aphrodite posted:

"Again."

:drat:

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

The PS4 needs to straight-up support SackBoy at the OS level as an answer to Miis and Avatars.

I hear it will let you install a Other OS, as long as that OS is made out of felt and cardboard.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

That's what Playstation Home is for! :downs:

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Mrs. Badcrumble posted:

That's a great idea, which is exactly why Sony will never do it :eng101:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Policenaut posted:

As long as MM is helping them it will turn out dandy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

RandolphCarter posted:

As long as MM is helping them it will turn out dandy.
Yeah, there's is no way in hell the MM guys would let their license to print money fall into incapable hands.

• Locked thread