Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Not sure about you, but I'm maining Gary Stu and Mr. Saxobeat (or Panzerfist, either is cool).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

It's Panzerfaust. That's German for Panzerfist. Which is German for Tankfaust.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

PalmTreeFun posted:

Not sure about you, but I'm maining Gary Stu and Mr. Saxobeat (or Panzerfist, either is cool).

I think their names are Big Band and Le Duc, actually.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I think their names are Big Band and Le Duc, actually.

Le Duc is the small guy in that picture. He was going to be the first DLC character, but they may or may not do Umbrella and Squiggly first now.

\/ I forget where, but I heard "Le Duc is planned to be first" a long time ago by some guy from Reverge. Obviously it's not the case anymore, but it was at some point, and I'm guessing he's going to be pretty early.

Ryanbomber fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 9, 2012

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Nobody knows what's first with dlc. I heard Squiggly, Umbrella, LeDuc, Panzerfaust, Marie/Double, and even a character no one has seen named Beowulf, a wrestler who uses a steel chair.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
WNF just streamed a certain fighting game that's coming out on Valentine's Day...

(And it's UFC Undisputed 3. Where's my Skullgirls exhibition?)

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man where are you getting all these characters, I feel so out of the loop yet I'm curious as all hell.

Only ones I know are Double and Bloody Marie

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Liar Lyre posted:

Nobody knows what's first with dlc. I heard Squiggly, Umbrella, LeDuc, Panzerfaust, Marie/Double, and even a character no one has seen named Beowulf, a wrestler who uses a steel chair.

I've seen concept art for Beowulf but it's ancient.

I'm still wondering if it would be cool to release details of old Skullgirls info, like the 2 versions that didn't get made. I'll ask Alex and Mike some day.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.

Waterbed posted:

I've seen concept art for Beowulf but it's ancient.

I'm still wondering if it would be cool to release details of old Skullgirls info, like the 2 versions that didn't get made. I'll ask Alex and Mike some day.

Man, I live with Alex's brother, who helped develop the story, and even he won't spill Skullgirls secrets >:I

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Dias posted:

WNF just streamed a certain fighting game that's coming out on Valentine's Day...

(And it's UFC Undisputed 3. Where's my Skullgirls exhibition?)

Well no wonder they pushed the release date back. Who wants to compete with that?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man where are you getting all these characters, I feel so out of the loop yet I'm curious as all hell.

Only ones I know are Double and Bloody Marie
Don't worry. They are just a bunch of sketches and background characters. If you really want to know about them, most are on the SRK wiki and the rest can be found on the SRK forums, linked within the wiki.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm not going to embed this because it's 2 hours long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzCIeRY5vJ8&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

WATCH THIS.

Also, GOD drat that loading screen.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Broken Loose posted:

WATCH THIS.

You can tell Cerebella came from Mike's love of beefy grappler characters. She seriously has so many loving tools.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Broken Loose posted:

WATCH THIS.

Is "Impossible to gauge!" a Final Fantasy XI reference?

e: am i really asking this question

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Harley Quinn Cerebella Best Cerebella?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
The little bars that pop up in training mode that show you how much hit-stun you have left look really useful.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I guess I must not have watched any videos in a while with the sound on, but the hitsounds now sound really good.

Voices are still really hit and miss but nothing is really awful at least.

Maybe I'm missing something, but is it visually impossible to tell the difference between Parasol's projectiles that hit and those that don't (ie Shot versus Toss)? That seems like a really, really weird design decision, especially considering how many projectiles she's throwing out all the time.

I mean on the project itself anyway, the audio cue and animation on her is a little different.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Wait, is that an unlockable character slot in the bottom right corner? I thought this game was made by fighting game fans for fighting game fans? :confused:

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

Fishmonkey posted:

Wait, is that an unlockable character slot in the bottom right corner? I thought this game was made by fighting game fans for fighting game fans? :confused:

The character is locked because she's not done yet.

At least, I hope that's the case :shobon:

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Fishmonkey posted:

They're going to be releasing a steady stream of DLC characters after launch.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The fights start at around an hour 14, and they're really really good.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Maybe I'm missing something, but is it visually impossible to tell the difference between Parasol's projectiles that hit and those that don't (ie Shot versus Toss)? That seems like a really, really weird design decision, especially considering how many projectiles she's throwing out all the time.

I mean on the project itself anyway, the audio cue and animation on her is a little different.

Only the ones with straight trajectories have active hitboxes. The Cable Grenades don't. I suppose there isn't a visual distinction but it would be more confusing if the tears didn't at least heavily resemble each other (and the flight paths are pretty easy to spot imo).

There may be something in the final product or visible at 60fps, though, so I'll do some research and get back to you.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I doubt it would be a big problem in the long run (it may even be intentionally done like that I guess), but it definitely seems unintuitive.

Also I was sort-of wrong about the audio clip, it's not even necessarily different. They both say "cry" some times.

They SHOULD resemble each other, but it seems like they should be like Venom's pool balls, where you can tell what's active and what's not.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
I hope they're planning on releasing the soundtrack in some fashion. All the songs I've heard have been amazing.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
The bottom right slot is the 8th character, it's blocked out because she hasn't been announced yet.

Valentine and [8th character] are freely playable in multiplayer and training, but you have to unlock them for single player.

quote:

It's a pretty huge difference. The one that has a hitbox she shoots horizontally using her gun. The one that doesn't have a hitbox she just spins her umbrella in a circle and the bomb comes out in an arc.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
So is the attract mode sequence final? Cause Valentine is in it but Character 8 isn't... unless she was there as a silhouette or something???

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me

Jmcrofts posted:

It's a pretty huge difference. The one that has a hitbox she shoots horizontally using her gun. The one that doesn't have a hitbox she just spins her umbrella in a circle and the bomb comes out in an arc.

He's talking about the projectiles themselves.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AXE COP posted:

He's talking about the projectiles themselves.

The one flying at your face is going to hit you.

Are you talking about like when they're stationary onscreen? Because none of them have hitboxes when they're just floating in the air (until they explode that is)

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
I swear that Parasoul costume colour is a reference to Cloud from FF7.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

The one flying at your face is going to hit you.

Are you talking about like when they're stationary onscreen? Because none of them have hitboxes when they're just floating in the air (until they explode that is)

The ones she flicks at you can be flying right at your face as well. But they don't hit. It's the same sprite for two different projectiles, and one hits and one does not.

They should make the flicked ones that don't hit look like they won't hit. Like make them little bubbles or semi-transparent or something.

It's not a big deal, it's just unintuitive and that's weird for a game trying very hard to be as intuitive as possible.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
She has completely different animations based on whether she's shooting it at you or she's lobbing a stationary one.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
I am apparently really dumb. What is Attract Mode?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

flatluigi posted:

She has completely different animations based on whether she's shooting it at you or she's lobbing a stationary one.

Yeah, she's firing a gunshot through the tear if it has a hitbox versus flinging the umbrella.

kaujot posted:

Watch an arcade machine without any quarters in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zssUf0XZFkY

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

kaujot posted:

It's an arcade thing. Basically the intro that plays while nobody's playing, to attract people to the machine.

e:f;b

FossilFuelUser
May 8, 2004
Global Warming

Broken Loose posted:

WATCH THIS.

Well, looks like I'll be playing Painwheel on day 1.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've been following this forever and I'm still noticing little details, like the flickering question mark after "gentlemen" when a match starts. This can't come out soon enough.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Can you use Painwheel's armoured charge moves as assists?

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Liar Lyre posted:

I've been following this forever and I'm still noticing little details, like the flickering question mark after "gentlemen" when a match starts. This can't come out soon enough.

My Skullgirls Moment today was noticing that the game has unique hitsparks for when a move connects with an opponent who is currently hit-invincible.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The ones she flicks at you can be flying right at your face as well. But they don't hit. It's the same sprite for two different projectiles, and one hits and one does not.

Yes but she's even still doing the move while it's flying at your face, it's not like you have enough time to forget what move she did like .5 seconds ago. Trust me, it's not an issue.

AXE COP posted:

Can you use Painwheel's armoured charge moves as assists?

Nope. You also can't charge Peacock's item drop as an assist.

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
So when's this coming out on Steam?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chipp Zanuff posted:

I swear that Parasoul costume colour is a reference to Cloud from FF7.
The one with the blonde hair and blue outfit?

Cause if so I'm pretty sure it's a reference to Olivier from FMA.

This is an anime reference discussion thread.

• Locked thread