Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Random Stranger posted:

That's not true. You can get computer components capable of generating truly random numbers through various means. Tracking radioactive decay is the most common option. Naturally people can't have radioactive isotopes in sufficient quantities in their home computers but there are options in computer science to generate true randomness.

Really depends on what you mean by random, though. The sperglord in me can't help but say that it's more accurate to call those methods "random enough for humans".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

pnumoman posted:

Really depends on what you mean by random, though. The sperglord in me can't help but say that it's more accurate to call those methods "random enough for humans".

Well quantum mechanics says its random and if it's random enough for the universe it's random enough for humans.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Random Stranger posted:

Well quantum mechanics says its random and if it's random enough for the universe it's random enough for humans.

My last point on this derail: We're still trying to figure it out. We still can't rule out quantum mechanics being deterministic. Hence me saying "random enough for humans".

Anyway, that's enough derail from me.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I went back to watch a few of the season 1 short episodes that I'd skipped, and came across a neat game.

It's shown briefly at the beginning of the Star Force ep: Binary Land. Basically it's a puzzle game where you control two characters at the same time, in two asymmetric halves of a screen:

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMwiko71qVw

I just tried it today, it's pretty fun!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

techknight posted:

I went back to watch a few of the season 1 short episodes that I'd skipped, and came across a neat game.

It's shown briefly at the beginning of the Star Force ep: Binary Land. Basically it's a puzzle game where you control two characters at the same time, in two asymmetric halves of a screen:

This was one of the many games that appeared in my old "110-in-1" multigame Famicom pirate cart, and it is indeed fun. I love watching the quick segments where they show a few games from a certain year, because a good number of the early games they show appear in a lot of those multigame carts. It also kind of bums me out, though, because I "collect" NES games, and a lot of those games just weren't released in the US.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

techknight posted:

I hae a copy of this pink famicom cart and it is a good game.

Arino plays it as a DVD bonus episode...

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

So yeah, considering the Japanese don't really care about computers, they had a pretty skewed view on western games since most of what they saw genuinely were weird or lovely.

I was happy that the show actually had really nice things to say about Lemmings. It was the one case where the king or announcer didn't call it unusual or weird or something, and they called it a masterful puzzle game or something similar.

I hope Arino one day plays Boogerman.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Episode #135 Alex Kidd in Miracle World is up on the usual blog.

http://ginfo377.blog26.fc2.com/blog-entry-452.html

The Tamage is pretty good in this one.

joek0 fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 10, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Spoilers, man.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I didn't really post any big spoilers. Arino messes up alot at the continue screens during the series.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I know and trust me I'm not a dick about spoilers but those are pretty big moments when they happen and I'd have preferred not knowing before watching it :kiddo:

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing
Alex Kidd was definitely an enjoyable episode, complete with all the expectations from the show. Nice to see a more ambitious segment in the mix too.

Also this is the last place I'd expect to see a reference to Kaiji, but I should've seen it coming.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Makin' a great name for yourself around here, joek.

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 9, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

joek0 posted:

I didn't really post any big spoilers. Arino messes up alot at the continue screens during the series.

For this show it kinda is so just edit that up for everyone else.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I was listening to Talk Radar (Games Radar's podcast) and one of the guys mentioned GCCX at one point (it was episode 195 if you want to hear it). Didn't expect to hear it and it was pretty awesome.

He pronounced Arino's name wrong though. :v:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

News about the live challenge from the promo at the end of the episode:

February 24, 6pm Japan time (9am GMT). It's currently planned to run eight hours but I think we all know how that can go.

No fax number yet; presumably they'll put it up at the beginning of the show so those of us who can't watch a stream will have to rely on some helpful people posting it.

No hint on what game they're playing.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Finally got around to watching Game Center CX again (been downloading episodes, but not watching them), and I feel sorry for him in the Actraiser episode. The last fight isn't too bad, but due to the fact his crew is tired of him playing the game (due to his love of SIM mode), they give him only two chances to beat the boss rush, losing a rank each time.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
The Korea trip was amazing. I want a regenerating slime pig toy.

Multiupload's been down for a while, hope it's just temporary.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I don't normally do this but tomorrow...

You Will Bear Witness to History

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Random Stranger posted:

I'm almost tempted to watch an episode of 24 because of you.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Arino's 40th Birthday is on the 2/25. How do you think the show is going to celebrate during the live show.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Arino's birthday is the day before mine. :3:

Excited to see what's in store tomorrow, Random Stranger!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Random Stranger posted:

Did you guys actually subtitle an entire 24 hour challenge?

(probably not, but maybe you guys are this insane....)

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
While trying out Super Mario Crossover 2.0, I started wondering if Arino would be able to play this on the show, or if copyright issues would put a halt to that idea.

Then again, I also question whether or not watching him play a mod would be as entertaining as the real thing. Maybe as a spoof episode they could have him go through a list of the most popular Kaizo Mario mods and see how fast he cracks.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Random Stranger posted:

I have work that I have to get done tomorrow. :negative:

I will have to work extra hard so I can bear witness to history.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Primoman posted:

While trying out Super Mario Crossover 2.0, I started wondering if Arino would be able to play this on the show, or if copyright issues would put a halt to that idea.

Then again, I also question whether or not watching him play a mod would be as entertaining as the real thing. Maybe as a spoof episode they could have him go through a list of the most popular Kaizo Mario mods and see how fast he cracks.

Ahhhh, didn't realize this just came out. Welp, there goes the night.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Random Stranger posted:

You've set up a way to get live streaming of the show and real-time translated subtitles? :haw:

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Bocc Kob posted:

You've set up a way to get live streaming of the show and real-time translated subtitles? :haw:

Hopefully it involves them locking themselves in a room and not leaving until they've translated the whole episode.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Bocc Kob posted:

Darn. You discovered the secret! Its a combination of Youtubes auto captioning and Googles auto translating. We believe this is the wave of the future and all subtitles will be created in this fashion in the near future.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Gutcruncher posted:

Darn. You discovered the secret! Its a combination of Youtubes auto captioning and Googles auto translating. We believe this is the wave of the future and all subtitles will be created in this fashion in the near future.

Can we fax in messages of translation encouragement? :)

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

techknight posted:

Can we fax in messages of translation encouragement? :)

Sorry, the Yooogle TransCriber CX knows no encouragement. It knows no happiness or pain. It knows only its programming.

...so far.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Crappy Jack posted:

Hopefully it involves them locking themselves in a room and not leaving until they've translated the whole episode.

That is actually what I've been doing for the past week. No joke.

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crotch Bat posted:

Ahhhh, didn't realize this just came out. Welp, there goes the night.

Unrelated: Is there a way to make these flash games go fullscreen?

Related: Are there any videos that collect Arino's disgruntled sighs and moans?

I bet that would make a great compilation.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Primoman posted:

Unrelated: Is there a way to make these flash games go fullscreen?

I bet that would make a great compilation.

Don't quote me but I think if you can actually find the .swf file for a Flash game and run it outside of your browser you can fullscreen it. I seem to recall playing a Flash game in such a way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
^ swf will indeed do that, and the only problem then is finding a way to download it if the site doesn't offer the option.

Primoman posted:

Dude don't go from being creepy about Tifa to being creepy about someone/thing else, it just doesn't work like that

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 10, 2012

Primoman
Jan 23, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Crotch Bat posted:

Don't quote me but I think if you can actually find the .swf file for a Flash game and run it outside of your browser you can fullscreen it. I seem to recall playing a Flash game in such a way.

I think I know how to do that. Thanks.

The White Dragon posted:

^ swf will indeed do that, and the only problem then is finding a way to download it if the site doesn't offer the option.

Dude don't go from being creepy about Tifa to being creepy about someone/thing else, it just doesn't work like that

What? I....no, I didn't mean...:doh:

RedFive
Feb 20, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

My body is ready.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I have a feeling that it will be the documentary about the 24 hour special, not the entire thing (unless you guys are that insane, which I kinda think you are).

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.
Multiupload appears to be down? Maybe it is about time to make a new compilation torrent or something (I have I believe 95% of the episodes). Although if that gets done it would be nice if we could get CRCs and consistent naming on it. I renamed all of the SA Team stuff to be like this (ran it through RapidCRC and bulk renamers).

Game Center CX 012 - Takeshis Castle [A0E47A12].avi

Although it could be like this as well or something

Game Center CX 012 - Takeshis Castle [SA TEAM] [A0E47A12].avi

Also it would be nice if we could get a listing of CRCs from the people who uploaded the files for the sake of long term archiving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

And so it came to pass that on a dark August evening one man entered a conference room in the Fuji TV building to face a game that had hurt him so badly before. For a full twenty-four hours the battle raged. And no one who witnessed that struggle would ever forget it.

This is part one; the whole thing compressed down to one hour. There is more to come.

Bringing this to you is the woman who will climb the highest mountain: zari-gani.

Direct Download - http://depositfiles.com/files/wxm9kmarg
Download torrent81 (2 files; 480.82 MB)
View torrent stats

:twentyfour:

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Feb 10, 2012