Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
A

RC2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Well, I think this is simultaneously one of the closest AND most lopsided votes I've ever seen.

19 to 19, and pretty much everyone vs. Knox.

You can do it, Knox! You just have to drum up support from 47 lurkers!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What are "Arguments I Don't Want to Revisit," Alex.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

PoptartsNinja posted:

You can do it, Knox! You just have to drum up support from 47 lurkers!

I'm a lurker and he's not getting my support. :v:

A

RC2

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
I'm gonna push this Skye vote over the edge.

A because Skye Vipers in flight
RC1 because that's the same vote a Marik would cast in this situation

Professor Malice
Nov 16, 2011
A

RC3

I want the Steel Vipers to reach Terra, or get closest to it, and anything that hurts the Capellans is worth it.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
A Skye Vipers ahoy
RC3 Just cuz~

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Skye should stand on their own, not by the grace of invaders from beyond the Periphery.

B and RC2

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
B

RC3

e: fixed tags.

Cthulhu Dreams fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 10, 2012

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
So it begins...

landcollector
Feb 28, 2011
A) Enter negotiations with Skye (needs a 2/3rds majority to win).

R3) Replace all of the Kell Hound and Team Banzai `Mechs with SLDF `Mechs, leave the DropShips and the rest of the `Mechs for the Free Worlds League.

Let's not get greedy. Also, let the FWL give the Capellans a broken face using all that sweet SLDF equipment (preferably, first dibs going to The Rolling Thunder and Co.).

strikereternal
Nov 27, 2006
B and RC2. Clan Steel Viper does not need to seek diplomacy with Inner Sphere barbarians to become the ilClan.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here
A

and

RC3

I hoping to see some awesome Team Banzai action!

Ready! Set! Blow!
Jun 17, 2005

Red alert.
A and RC3.

You seem to have mixed up Star Colonel Galaxy Commander Dusk's name at a couple points. v:shobon:v

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
A is a fairly obvious choice for me, although it really is a short term benefit for Skye. If the greater Lyran Commonwealth end up on the winning side of the Clan invasion they will not look kindly on anyone who allies with the Steel Vipers. Still, these are only negotiations, and the leaders of Skye have proven themselves canny politicians in the past. The Clans on the other hand could really use a little less pressure on their supply lines, and even having a neutral power in the heart of their enemy would be a big advantage.

I also chose RC3 because the FWL really do seem to get the short end of the stick most of the time, and this would be a chance for them to grab the stick and make use of it.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

A The obvious choice. I'm looking forward to Knox calling for a Trial of Refusal at 50:1 odds! :commissar:

R1 Screw House Marik. They get the Memory Core. The Hounds and Free Skye will need every 'mech soon enough!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

B) Attack Skye, when the time comes

Dusk needs to learn that her society is fundamentally broken. When she does, perhaps her bondsman will have a better chance of influencing her to actually subvert the clans in a significant way. Or, alternatively, gently caress the clans (assuming alliance with Skye would be genuinely possible, and beneficial to them, which I don't think are givens).

Red Corsairs Vote:
RC1) Take as many SLDF `Mechs as we can, leave as few Kell Hound and Team Banzi `Mechs behind as possible, steal all of ComStar’s DropShips

They're pirates. Who ever heard of pirates leaving behind loot? If they could pry the Castle Brian up out of the ground and strap it to a dozen dropships and steal it that way, they would, but unfortunately they'll just have to settle for everything that isn't bolted down. Also, gently caress ComStar.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Leperflesh posted:

B) Attack Skye, when the time comes

Dusk needs to learn that her society is fundamentally broken. When she does, perhaps her bondsman will have a better chance of influencing her to actually subvert the clans in a significant way. Or, alternatively, gently caress the clans (assuming alliance with Skye would be genuinely possible, and beneficial to them, which I don't think are givens).

Red Corsairs Vote:
RC1) Take as many SLDF `Mechs as we can, leave as few Kell Hound and Team Banzi `Mechs behind as possible, steal all of ComStar’s DropShips

They're pirates. Who ever heard of pirates leaving behind loot? If they could pry the Castle Brian up out of the ground and strap it to a dozen dropships and steal it that way, they would, but unfortunately they'll just have to settle for everything that isn't bolted down. Also, gently caress ComStar.

To the surprise of no one, Leperflesh chooses villiany.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Aw, gently caress it. I'm proably going to regret voting for these later, but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

A

RC2

Sorry, Knox. :v: Would've voted RC3, but I don't like the FWL, so they get no new toys.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 10, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Zeroisanumber posted:

To the surprise of no one, Leperflesh chooses villiany.

At least he didn't vote to fill the Castle Brian with magma.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
A

RC3

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
A because that sounds totally awesome and RC3 because I seem to have become fond of the FWL.

Spencerb
Apr 16, 2005
A

RC1

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Dusk's sense of honor towards Skye seems to be an indicator that her bondsman is influencing her. However the Clans are still a bunch of pricks and their suddenly negotiating with an IS world seems counter to their innate sense of superiority to everyone. Also gently caress Capella and gently caress the cable company.

Voting B) Attack Skye, when the time comes

Voting RC2) Take as many SLDF `Mechs as we can, leave the Kell Hound and Team Banzai `Mechs behind, steal a few of ComStar’s DropShips

I get the feeling that Skye is going to be turned into a smoldering rock when they hook up with the Clans as the vote seems to indicate.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
A and RC1 because I like bandwagoning and stealing everything I can get my hands on.

E: For those who may still be curious, all of the panic rooms for this past mission can be found here.

GenericOverusedName fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Feb 10, 2012

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

GenericOverusedName posted:

A and RC1 because I like bandwagoning and stealing everything I can get my hands on.

I think that exact phrase is somewhere in the Something Awful Terms and Conditions you agree to when you register a user account.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
The Lurker Signal went out, so I'm here to Vote B and RC3

Capskye
Nov 4, 2009

More bullets!
Here's my votes:

1. A

Definitely in for Skye getting more support.

2. RC2

This seems like the best option of the three available.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

A and RC2

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010
A and RC2

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
A and RC3

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Voting A. It is what Bondsman Samantha would want.

Voting RC2 because both gently caress Capellans and gently caress Duncan Marik, that's why.

Awwww, Dusk won her bloodname. :3:

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Operation: Under a Steel Skye is go.

instantrunoffvote
Jul 23, 2007

A and RC1

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

jng2058 posted:

I'm looking forward to Knox calling for a Trial of Refusal at 50:1 odds! :commissar:

Give me a Wraith or a BTZ-4F and I might make it happen.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

KnoxZone posted:

Give me a Wraith or a BTZ-4F and I might make it happen.

I'll fight for "A" if it comes to it.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

:bandwagon: A RC3

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I bid one Grand Duke Reinhardt Steiner as my counterbid, Knox. If the 35:1 odds are calculated by BV I might even get my skills to properly reflect him.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 10, 2012

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

A
RC1

Odd Wardenesque behavior here, let's see where it gets us. And, may as well let Marik and Cappellans beat each other up well! Don't want to unbalance either side. I'm not sure if RC1 or RC2 enables that better but steal all those dropships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
A
RC3

Might as well just put everyone in SLDF mechs and give the FWL a bone.

• Locked thread