Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

party hat
Apr 22, 2010
I thought my mail receiving days were over until I found a little package in my mail box this afternoon. Thank you skels for all of the awesome Aussie goodies! I love that mini cricket paddle, it's so cute. :3:

Edit: and I just noticed the "little miss" sticker on the package! I love those guys!

party hat fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Feb 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Rufus En Fuego posted:

So, I, uh...bought a Cricut last night. It was on sale at Michael's.

Someone stop me.

You could do like my mom does. She spells out messages in individual letters, then sends the jumbles out to us for us to solve. It's endlessly annoying!

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

genesplicer posted:

You could do like my mom does. She spells out messages in individual letters, then sends the jumbles out to us for us to solve. It's endlessly annoying!

Your mother is a badass and I could only hope to be on her level one day. :colbert:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Rufus En Fuego posted:

So, I, uh...bought a Cricut last night. It was on sale at Michael's.

Someone stop me.
I see these for sale on Craigslist constantly, but I'm ashamed to admit that I have no idea what they are. Even after following the link and reading the description, I still have no clue. What do they do, exactly?

cardboardRobot posted:

I also just checked my list of who I've sent things to and realized I haven't sent anything to you yet, so I am adding you to my list of people to receive an extreme dot to dot. Finances aren't the best at the moment though so they won't be going out for awhile, but rest assured you will be getting one too.
Just noticed this now. Yay!
Is there anything specific you want with yours? I've been trying to draw a little doodle for everyone, but my artistic skills are, um, unique.

hyperhazard fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Feb 9, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Sorry for the double post, but wanted to add my thanks to lamb for the awesome list update!

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column of people's interests to the spreadsheet? I find that I keep scrolling back through each person's set of posts to see if they've listed their hobbies or interests or preferences for NWS/no-NWS material. It takes some time, and makes me feel a wee bit stalker-ish. :)

I know it'd be a pain to search the thread and add in everything by hand, but is there a way the excel sheet could be posted to Google docs or something so that everyone can fill in their interests?

If not, I'm totally willing to copy it all in. (I have no life at the moment, and this card exchange is definitely one of the most awesome things on the forums.)

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

hyperhazard posted:

I see these for sale on Craigslist constantly, but I'm ashamed to admit that I have no idea what they are. Even after following the link and reading the description, I still have no clue. What do they do, exactly?

Simply put, it's a totally badass machine that creates die-cut paper shapes, or makes negative cuts in larger pieces of paper. The one I got is the Cricut Expressions 2, so it also cuts fabric for my various sewing projects.

Here's a decent example of both methods: http://content.provocraft.com/d/images/projects/cricut/1784.project.l.jpg

It came pre-loaded with 800 shapes that I can mix and match, and additional dies for additional shapes are available for purchase. Plug it in to your computer and the possibilities are endless.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Give me a few days and I'll update the master w/ interests. I'd prefer not to have a doc that anyone could edit, because I could see it getting messy.

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?

lamb posted:

Give me a few days and I'll update the master w/ interests. I'd prefer not to have a doc that anyone could edit, because I could see it getting messy.

I edited my address two weeks ago because I moved, do I need to repost it so I'm on the list?

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

Just noticed this now. Yay!
Is there anything specific you want with yours? I've been trying to draw a little doodle for everyone, but my artistic skills are, um, unique.
I dunno. I'm happy with any doodles really. Surprises are always nice. Or you could always add to the people who have been drawing me cephalopods.

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Simply put, it's a totally badass machine that creates die-cut paper shapes, or makes negative cuts in larger pieces of paper. The one I got is the Cricut Expressions 2, so it also cuts fabric for my various sewing projects.
Man oh man how I wish I could spend that kind of money on one. A cousin of mine has one and I got to see it in action once. They are awesome.

Lamb posted:

You could do it like you did with the last thread. Just list which page number they listed that stuff. Makes it simple and wouldn't complicate the list too much. I found that incredibly handy last time.

Also I'm so glad to see that my magnets are still loved. :)

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
I received a lovely card from forums superstar Rufus en Fuego today! Thanks!

But oddly enough, my mail came an hour later than usual today, which generally only happens when I've received a package. I wasn't expecting anything, so imagine my surprise when I open up my door and receive a box. The very first thing that occurred to me was "I should take a video of myself opening the box!" (By which I mean, the very first thing that occurred to me...after I had already opened the box. So I faked it.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaGdol6Qobc

I was pretty tired when I recorded this (just woke up from a nap) so I don't think I sound adequately excited. However, the video is unrehearsed and unedited and I haven't fully watched it myself, so I probably come off like a dick or something I don't know.

Know, however, dear anonymous forums poster who sent me this box, that it is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received. Thank you!!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DeYoung posted:

I edited my address two weeks ago because I moved, do I need to repost it so I'm on the list?

I will add you back tomorrow!

cardboard robot , my master version of the file has the page numbers where everyone's first post is, so that would be no problem.

hyperhazard, would that be helpful?

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

Locutus of Bald posted:

I received a lovely card from forums superstar Rufus en Fuego today! Thanks!

As did I! That and my BFF Nicole's squirrel card made my smile all damned day.

Hemlock
Jan 17, 2006
Waffle.
Hey! Just wanted to check in and say I arrived back home after a few days away to a lovely pile of goon mail. I had a fun time opening it all (taking lots of photos as I did) and plan to do a big, specific picture post- but I’m out of time at the moment and wont be able to get it done until next week- so in the meantime, I just want to say a big, huge THANK YOU to everyone who has sent mail. You put a massive smile on my face and I’m filling up a window sill of goon-love :)

hyperhazard posted:

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a column of people's interests to the spreadsheet? I find that I keep scrolling back through each person's set of posts to see if they've listed their hobbies or interests or preferences for NWS/no-NWS material. It takes some time, and makes me feel a wee bit stalker-ish. :)

This would be really brilliant! -I always go through to check people's posts for any interests but it would be great (and time-saving!) if there were some notes on the spreadsheet.

lamb posted:

You are marvellous!

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Here's a decent example of both methods: http://content.provocraft.com/d/images/projects/cricut/1784.project.l.jpg

It came pre-loaded with 800 shapes that I can mix and match, and additional dies for additional shapes are available for purchase. Plug it in to your computer and the possibilities are endless.

Oooh! So can you design/load your own shapes for it to cut? I.e. could you design a stencil and get the machine to cut it out?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

lamb posted:

cardboard robot , my master version of the file has the page numbers where everyone's first post is, so that would be no problem.

hyperhazard, would that be helpful?
Awesome!
Now time to go back and edit my first post. (Have I ever mentioned how much I love receiving Ferraris in the mail?)

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Cricut
Ah, thank you! That's pretty awesome. For some reason I was picturing it printing stickers, and I have no idea why.
Also, apparently I've been reading it as "Circuit" for years. No wonder I was completely confused.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Thanks for the card Rufus en Fuego! Indian Pudding is in my future.

Cmdr Tomalak
Aug 13, 2007

How long shall we stare at each other across the Neutral Zone?
I posted this in the Valentine's Thread but I'll do it here too - reposting because I changed my name since the Christmas thread and I figure I should keep it updated

Cmdr Tomalak / Jennifer
2416 Headon Rd.
Burlington, ON, CANADA
L7M 3Y3

Interests: Dethklok, the Arrogant Worms, puppies...

Sending out some valentines tomorrow. I found some that were just too mentally scarring not to share.

Tinydryad
Aug 13, 2004

This newb claimed by ChlamydiaJones; remember, bad things happen in theaters sometimes.

Glad my drawings are making it out there! Thanks to Rufus, I got your card today, and thanks to bSuzie McAwesome and 13Pandora13, and Lamb if I didn't already say so. I told my husband that some of you were sending glitter envelopes, and he told me I have to open all goon mail over the trash can now. :D

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Drew up and inked two more Venturetines tonight. Now my desk is a disaster and I'm going to bed. No doubt where I will see the Venture Bros in my dreams. With the amount of reference pics I've pulled up, you'd think I was a fangirl.

So yes, for those who've yet to receive your venturetines, they ARE coming. They'll just be...belated. I need time to rest my hands, you see, and each card takes roughly an hour to sketch/ink/colour.

...Bedtime for robots, now.

Bleep blorp.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

cuntvalet posted:

Drew up and inked two more Venturetines tonight. Now my desk is a disaster and I'm going to bed. No doubt where I will see the Venture Bros in my dreams.
Try to dream of Brock!
I know I do. ;)

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I finally sent out my first round of valentines yesterday! :woop:

I also found a couple of Christmas cards that never got sent out and mailed those too.. :ohdear:

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!

Mizufusion posted:

I finally sent out my first round of valentines yesterday! :woop:

I also found a couple of Christmas cards that never got sent out and mailed those too.. :ohdear:

I got sick over the holidays so I forgot to mail mine. I hadn't stamped them so I just tossed 'em. :(

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

DeYoung and Cmdr Tomalak, you're back on the list, and it now includes page numbers for easy stalking.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~

hyperhazard posted:

Try to dream of Brock!
I know I do. ;)

I'm more of a Dean girl, myself. ;)

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Yessssss, my cards are arriving!

Is it just me, or does it seem like USPS is getting slower? I feel like I was able to get mail across the country in only a couple of days just a few years ago.

Stupid government cutbacks grumble grumble grumble.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Yessssss, my cards are arriving!

Is it just me, or does it seem like USPS is getting slower? I feel like I was able to get mail across the country in only a couple of days just a few years ago.

Stupid government cutbacks grumble grumble grumble.

Sometimes its not the USPS. I am notoriously slow at adding my thanks to this thread. I have a nice, large pile of cards that I need to acknowledge. I'm a terrible person, but I am slowly terrible.

Genesplicer fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Feb 10, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009
Thank you for adding the page numbers, lamb! That's awesome, and will be really helpful. Man, you spend a lot of effort on this thread. :buddy: I like you.

I'm definitely gonna try to incorporate everyone's interests into the valentines I have waiting for postage. :woop: Very exciting!

I haven't gotten any more goonmail for the last four days. I suspect I've reached the end of the goonlove for this holiday.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

Thermophonic Joy posted:

I haven't gotten any more goonmail for the last four days. I suspect I've reached the end of the goonlove for this holiday.

This is why I think the USPS is slow, because I know I sent you a card.

Edit: Creepytines are gonna be late. I've been having cat drama, but expect them soon!

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Feb 10, 2012

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004
Another mailsplosion, today! Thank you so much for all of the sweet Valengoon's Day goodies! :3:

hyperhazard - What up, fellow Maryland goon? :hfive: Was up in Baltimore in December to see John Waters and had a great time. That trip taught me that just because there's a row of cars filling an entire lane of traffic, that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is actually in them.

Becktastic - I took this envelope as a challenge and constructed a special goony scene using all of the paper doodads and stickers inside.

13 Pandora 13 - This envelope contained Ron Weasley, PLUS magical candies that turn into gum! Who could ask for more?

Thermophonic Joy - Super cool handmade Valentine's card, free music downloads, and ALL of the stickers! :dance:

Aunt Buck - Ponies and Scooby and Muppets, oh my!

Miryei - Goon love is glittery love!

Devi Electro - More awesome handmade Valentine goodness, Hello Kitties, and confetti as far as the eye can see!

Cuntvalet - Mega-rad H.E.L.P.eR Venturetine drawn with Goon love and beep boop boop!

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Feb 11, 2012

Sasarella
Jul 5, 2004

Wholesome Sassy Sweetness
Mail today!!!

and

Rufus en Fuego I love you.

Thank you so much!

Sasarella fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 11, 2012

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?

lamb posted:

DeYoung and Cmdr Tomalak, you're back on the list, and it now includes page numbers for easy stalking.

thank you!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Pillory Soft posted:

Another mailsplosion, today! Thank you so much for all of the sweet Valengoon's Day goodies! :3:

hyperhazard - What up, fellow Maryland goon? :hfive: Was up in Baltimore in December to see John Waters and had a great time. That trip taught me that just because there's a row of cars filling an entire lane of traffic, that doesn't necessarily mean that anyone is actually in them.
Oh god, I feel awful for you. It sucks to drive in downtown Baltimore. I turned into oncoming traffic no less than three times the first month I had a car here. Also, I apologize if you're a Patriots fan. I drew the badmouthing raven before the super bowl. (Bajillionth year in a row we've almost made it grahhhh :argh:)

In other news, I'm super excited because I ordered something awesome from Amazon today:

That's right: 60 bad-rear end postcards full of Waldo (Wally, to you Brits) to send out for the next holiday! It's not even Valentine's Day and I can hardly wait for the next round.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

hyperhazard posted:

Oh god, I feel awful for you. It sucks to drive in downtown Baltimore. I turned into oncoming traffic no less than three times the first month I had a car here. Also, I apologize if you're a Patriots fan. I drew the badmouthing raven before the super bowl. (Bajillionth year in a row we've almost made it grahhhh :argh:)

In other news, I'm super excited because I ordered something awesome from Amazon today:

That's right: 60 bad-rear end postcards full of Waldo (Wally, to you Brits) to send out for the next holiday! It's not even Valentine's Day and I can hardly wait for the next round.

Oooh, you are sooo gonna get something interesting from me if you send me one of those. Those look hilarious!

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

That's awesome. Why wait?! :dance:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

When I was a child, I lived and breathed Waldo. I was even Waldo for Halloween on more than one occasion. This is the coolest thing ever. :3:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 29, 2017

Becktastic
Feb 6, 2009

Failure is impossible

Pillory Soft posted:

Becktastic - I took this envelope as a challenge and constructed a special goony scene using all of the paper doodads and stickers inside.

LMFAO you are awesome! I didn't know what to do with that weird die cut people confetti (I don't even know where this poo poo comes from, I already owned it for reasons that remain a mystery even to me). I approve of your usage! :D

And big thanks to Dangereuse and Count Drunkula for the beautiful card with sexy koala postage and Rufus en Fuego for the dehydrated unicorn semen and glittery bee card. I accidentally mushed together these cards after receipt, but thanks to whichever one of you gifted the stickers and pixie sticks too!

edit: Those Waldo postcards are freaking sweet.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Sweet packages of valentines goodness from wildlifeatlas and Tragedy Sherbert! (How did you know my head was pyramid-shaped?? :aaa:) I may have to combine the feather and tea cozy into a wintery accoutrement of awesome.

Thank you both!

RubySprinkles
Jul 8, 2008
I've had so much going on this week. I got cards from Rufus En Fuego and lamb. Thanks guys!

Derringer
Mar 17, 2008

I wanted to say thank you to HyperHazard, I got your postcard today! The drawing made me laugh.
I saw that I am not on the list, should I repost my address?

Derringer fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 12, 2012

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Derringer posted:

I wanted to say thank you to HyperHazard, I got your postcard today! The drawing made me laugh.
Oh thank god. I was worried that you'd moved and it would show up to some random person's house.

Glad you liked it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

Derringer posted:

If it hasn't changed, I'll add you back on Monday when I get to my other computer.