Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I thought it was a Samus palette.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

AXE COP posted:

I guess me and you need to get together and watch more anime.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

AXE COP posted:

She has a samus palette, but it's Justin Bailey samus. And her umbrella is metroid-colored!

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
Here is a dope track from FG of the year 2012, Skullgirls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsgOvyEAqME

Its the same music that plays in Peacock's reveal trailer but I think the song itself is a stage BGM.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Yeah, all the reveal trailer music has been stage music iirc.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
My favorite anime reference is the one to Gymkata.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
My girlfriend sure isn't being understanding about having to move Valentine's Day to some unspecified future date.

What is the assist Valentine is doing/trying to do in the matches at the end of the video?

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Feb 10, 2012

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:

Saint Freak posted:

My girlfriend sure isn't being understanding about having to move Valentine's Day to some unspecified future date.

Well, according to Gamespot and IGN, Valentine's Day is March 30th and 31st for console owners.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Eeevil posted:

Well, according to Gamespot and IGN, Valentine's Day is March 30th and 31st for console owners.

I feel like neither of those dates are a Tuesday so I suspect that's wrong.

Edit: It's probably just a placeholder date to mean 'sometime during Q1'.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 10, 2012

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

She has a samus palette, but it's Justin Bailey samus. And her umbrella is metroid-colored!

Yo crofts which character is most like Slayer? Please say one of them :(

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Jmcrofts posted:

Whoa they referenced Justin Bailey Samus? poo poo this really is FG of the Year

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Saint Freak posted:

What is the assist Valentine is doing/trying to do in the matches at the end of the video?

If it was the one with the biohazard symbol that appears, it loads up her needle with a side effect and had a small hit box. Not sure on specifics, but one adds hit stun, I think, and another adds input delays to the opponent's attacks and I don't remember the third effect. Damage over time maybe.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Munsun posted:

If it was the one with the biohazard symbol that appears, it loads up her needle with a side effect and had a small hit box. Not sure on specifics, but one adds hit stun, I think, and another adds input delays to the opponent's attacks and I don't remember the third effect. Damage over time maybe.

Yup the 3 poisons are
LP- damage over time (think hawkeye poison arrow)
MP- adds 30f(?) hitstun to every attack. You can get some crazy combos with this.
HP- adds 6 frames of input delay.

They all end after a period of time, and they also go away if you hit valentine. HP's duration is shortest, because Mike Z thinks it's the most busted.

The poisons are color-coded but I can't remember which is which.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
Wow, give or take on the 30f of hitstun, that is considerable! I can't wait to see what kind of poo poo you can pull with that.

Any idea on roughly how long they last?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Munsun posted:

Wow, give or take on the 30f of hitstun, that is considerable! I can't wait to see what kind of poo poo you can pull with that.

Any idea on roughly how long they last?

Somewhere between 5 and 10 real-world seconds I think? They're about what you'd expect.

The extra hitstun really is a lot. You can just link HPs forever if you want. You'll trigger an infinite though.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Here's a video:

GameTrailers people walking through some skullgirls stuff with Mike Z. There should be more parts coming later, where they're gonna go in-depth with Valentine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0JSG7QJ-sw

E: oh yeah they talk about hitstun bars in this video which are a pretty big deal so watch if you're interested in that!

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Feb 10, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Jmcrofts posted:

Here's a video:

GameTrailers people walking through some skullgirls stuff with Mike Z. There should be more parts coming later, where they're gonna go in-depth with Valentine.

E: oh yeah they talk about hitstun bars in this video which are a pretty big deal so watch if you're interested in that!

Oh man, I want to see more of this. Any way to see when more of these come without subscribing to every single Machinima video?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

PalmTreeFun posted:

Oh man, I want to see more of this. Any way to see when more of these come without subscribing to every single Machinima video?

No idea. It's pretty safe to assume that the next parts will be posted in here when they come out though.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Jmcrofts posted:

Here's a video:

we do have confirmation this is coming to pc somewhere right

they kind of only implicated it's coming out for the console stores.

Friendly Friend
Sep 2, 2011
I almost lost my poo poo when Mike Z explained that each character would have a unique tag in. This is one feature I didn't know about. Fighting game of the century.

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
Ahahaha, the 18-hit combo is labeled "Barely Legal"

e: Oh man, Filia's infinite-break animation

Captain Corduroy fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Feb 10, 2012

Zenephant
Dec 31, 2009

Yonic Symbolism posted:

we do have confirmation this is coming to pc somewhere right

they kind of only implicated it's coming out for the console stores.

I think that the game would do really well on Steam, even if console sales were poor-especially if there was a 4-pack deal or something.If Railworks can get away with over £1000 DLC, I am sure that the extra characters wouldn't look out of place. If it came with a Team fortress 2 hat for preorders Mike Z would probably drown to death in money.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Peacock's hat for TF2 hat.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Well the guys at SRK have been talking about a TF2 crossover, so Mike Z definitely knows people want it. All we can do know is dream about the heavy wearing Vice Versa.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

They really want to make a PC port and plan on seeing if they can immediately after console release, but there's no actual confirmation yet, no.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Ryanbomber posted:

They really want to make a PC port and plan on seeing if they can immediately after console release, but there's no actual confirmation yet, no.

i guess it means it's not coming to PC until next Valentines day.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Liar Lyre posted:

Well the guys at SRK have been talking about a TF2 crossover, so Mike Z definitely knows people want it. All we can do know is dream about the heavy wearing Vice Versa.

And the scout wearing Samson.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Pyro with Marie's vacuum thing.

SpaceBees
Jul 12, 2008

It cost me an arm and a leg to get into this club!
I'm confident if Reverge Lab's does bring this to PC, they'll do it in a much more timely and less stupid manner than Capcom.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

SpaceBees posted:

I'm confident if Reverge Lab's does bring this to PC, they'll do it in a much more timely and less stupid manner than Capcom.

You can't be more stupid than Capcom in that case. I'm still waiting for the 2012 patch.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
A PC port is pretty much at the top of the "to-do" list for Reverge, after the "get the game out" item.

aldantefax
Oct 10, 2007

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
In the interests of full disclosure, if the game does require any patching, can we expect to get an actual list of patch notes for balance changes, bugfixes, etc? Rather, I guess the question could be: "How much transparency can we expect after the release"?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

aldantefax posted:

In the interests of full disclosure, if the game does require any patching, can we expect to get an actual list of patch notes for balance changes, bugfixes, etc? Rather, I guess the question could be: "How much transparency can we expect after the release"?

I think the amount of transparency in the development process for this game pre-release should be indicative of Mike Z and the rest of the team's attitudes. So basically I'm saying yes there will probably be full disclosure on patch notes.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Endorph posted:

Peacock's hat for TF2 hat.

Cerebella hat for heavy. Also makes fists so that the fists on the hat swing at people instead of his regular fists. Right click to cera-copter. No random critical hits. :v:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Yo crofts which character is most like Slayer? Please say one of them :(

seriously

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

seriously

Probably the one they haven't announced yet.

E: VV nah you're pretty right too. I guess both? I have hardly any GG experience so don't trust me that much on the subject.

Jmcrofts fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 10, 2012

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
^^^^ Me neither, ha ha.

I'd guess Ms. Fortune would be closest to Slayer because she's got rekkas and an air dive super. No teleport though, and her command grab's way different. She's like a mix of him and Carl from BlazBlue.

Never mind, you should probably take Crofts' word for it.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 10, 2012

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
cool, thanks

two questions, if I pick an invincible move as an assist does the invincibility go away? and does this game have alpha counters?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Strong normal fishing into half life combos into very strong oki set ups that of course lead into half life combos. And the ever popular, "whoops you got hit by dead on time, so sorry."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

darealkooky posted:

cool, thanks

two questions, if I pick an invincible move as an assist does the invincibility go away? and does this game have alpha counters?

Move properties don't change when the move becomes an assist, so all the invincibility frames will still be there. HOWEVER all assists have 3 frames of vulnerability right before they attack, so you can stuff DP/invuln assists if you time it perfectly/get lucky.

This game does have marvel-style alpha counters, i.e. your point tags out and your new character comes in and does their assist. You execute it with forward+tag while blocking.

• Locked thread