Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How do you view/race a ghost? The game says "downloading Ghost Data" when it loads a rival challenge but I never see it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
Hey Puddin! I FINALLY beat your rivals time on Laguna in the Dodge. gently caress you, is all I have to say, and I totally fluked it. By gently caress all, too. I got 1:43.543 and I had to work my rear end off to get it.

I need a wheel. My loving hands hurt.

Also, applied for AUGR.

tehsid fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 10, 2012

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Hahaha, man it took me like 20 laps to beat your time after you took it from me again.

There were so many laps that I took just too wide the corner before the hill up to the corkscrew which dirtied my lap.

Bravo sir, I will have to (attempt) to beat you again!

Also, everyone in AUGR needs to the the Fuji track day with the Yaris PopeOnARope put in the shared garage, its just awesome, but gently caress trying to get a clean lap.

Puddin fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Feb 10, 2012

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Puddin posted:

Also, everyone in AUGR needs to the the Fuji track day with the Yaris PopeOnARope put in the shared garage, its just awesome, but gently caress trying to get a clean lap.

11 minute clean lap in the Yaris, and even that was hairy. Not even going to bother trying to chase 1st down =\

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I can't even beat Rampage Jackson. :smith:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Liku posted:

How do you view/race a ghost? The game says "downloading Ghost Data" when it loads a rival challenge but I never see it.

There's 2 possibilities, 1 you're too fast. 2 you got lucky and are racing someone who's ghost didn't upload indicated by the absence of a mark under the paper clip column on the scoreboard.

Also, I'm so sorry for you Liku.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Liku posted:

Do you have the 4gb model? I had the same problem with mine until I got a built in hard drive rather then just the 4gb. I harvested a 20gb hdd from the case of my old Xbox, but you can find them rather cheap online.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Puddin posted:

Your Yaris sounds interesting. If you don't mind, could you send/sell it to one of us GTCC peeps to give us a run at it?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Liku posted:

I can't even beat Rampage Jackson. :smith:

Me either. After 25 laps I determined I can get a clean 1:54 or a dirty 1:53. I honestly don't know how these people are getting 1:41s or whatever #1 is today. I looked at their replays and would swear they are driving different cars. I have to enter the turntable at 35, they enter at 50.

Oh well, at least my favorite part of this game (:spergin: time trial tests between my cars) is single player.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

speedtek posted:

8 minutes. I survived 8 minutes on the Fujimi track days Rivals event before a loving Prius decided to PIT me just after I started the downward portion of the mountain. It's a good thing I didn't have anything nearby to throw.

e: Holy poo poo PopeOnARope you have inhuman patience. That Yaris isn't so bad to drive though :)

I tried it 3 times and didn't get past 4 minutes before some car ran into me during braking. gently caress that challenge forever.

Flesh Croissant
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Do you need VIP or some outside facebook app to get the unicorn rewards? I still havent gotten the ferrari CS for januarys event, and i was in the top 1%

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

mattdizzleZ28 posted:

Do you need VIP or some outside facebook app to get the unicorn rewards? I still havent gotten the ferrari CS for januarys event, and i was in the top 1%

As long as you've got a gold Live account, you should get it. If not, I'd email Turn 10 to see if there's an issue.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

projecthalaxy posted:

Me either. After 25 laps I determined I can get a clean 1:54 or a dirty 1:53. I honestly don't know how these people are getting 1:41s or whatever #1 is today. I looked at their replays and would swear they are driving different cars. I have to enter the turntable at 35, they enter at 50.

Oh well, at least my favorite part of this game (:spergin: time trial tests between my cars) is single player.

I jumped on and ran a couple laps this morning before work. The #1 time is loving obscene. It's somewhere in the 1:30's. I was happy with a 1:44.xx, but I don't understand how they got this piggy-rear end Challenger to go around the track that fast.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Dude has something like a 1:39:210. I can barely break 1:45 and can't even fathom shaving almost 7 seconds off of that.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Is there a trick to driving or tuning high-powered FWD cars? I noticed when we were racing on Wednesday there were people actually driving proper racing lines. I couldn't figure out how to do that and so I'd just use lift-off oversteer to rotate my car through every turn and then floor it to make it go straight again. :downs: For tuning I gave the car some toe-out and ~30% LSD and lowered the back anti-roll a bit, like I do for normal FWD cars, but I think it stops working so well when you get to 2000 lb, 300 hp frankencars.

Fortuitous Bumble fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Feb 10, 2012

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat

projecthalaxy posted:

Have you tried picking a rival with a time of 1:50 or 1:49 and keeping up with that person? If all you're looking to do is beat rampages time that might be a better idea than trying to ape someone obscenely good.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

Is there a trick to driving or tuning high-powered FWD cars? I noticed when we were racing on Wednesday there were people actually driving proper racing lines. I couldn't figure out how to do that and so I'd just use lift-off oversteer to rotate my car through every turn and then floor it to make it go straight again. :downs: For tuning I gave the car some toe-out and ~30% LSD and lowered the back anti-roll a bit, like I do for normal FWD cars, but I think it stops working so well when you get to 2000 lb, 300 hp frankencars.

All I did was add a 2-way race diff to each car but left the settings stock, a little bit of negative camber on the front and back, bit of toe-out on the front and stiffen up the sways. That's all I did and it worked alright, though a lot more fine-tuning is needed to get them really tight.

Pinky the Cube
Jul 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

I have had better luck progressing up rival trees by pressing (Y) to Change Rivals and picking one just a few ms ahead of me. Beat them, repeat. This is the alternative to going against a friend who has me beat by 4 seconds or jumping ahead to the end-all target time I want to get to. This baby-step method is how I gradually caught up to and beat CJ Wilson last month.

In addition to lessening the pressure it also helps teach the track in segments, if that makes sense. The guy you just beat was weak on that first turn but now this next guy aces it, requiring you improve specifically on that turn. Get that done and the skill will come with you to the next guy. Surely you'll hit a wall at some point, but that wall doesn't have to be 'ol Rampage Jackson.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

YF19pilot posted:

As long as you've got a gold Live account, you should get it. If not, I'd email Turn 10 to see if there's an issue.

Emailing them doesn't do much. I've tried 3 times to find out about my saved games not being recognized and haven't heard a word.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Pinky the Cube posted:

I have had better luck progressing up rival trees by pressing (Y) to Change Rivals and picking one just a few ms ahead of me. Beat them, repeat. This is the alternative to going against a friend who has me beat by 4 seconds or jumping ahead to the end-all target time I want to get to. This baby-step method is how I gradually caught up to and beat CJ Wilson last month.

In addition to lessening the pressure it also helps teach the track in segments, if that makes sense. The guy you just beat was weak on that first turn but now this next guy aces it, requiring you improve specifically on that turn. Get that done and the skill will come with you to the next guy. Surely you'll hit a wall at some point, but that wall doesn't have to be 'ol Rampage Jackson.

Thanks, I'll try that. The hardest part for me is relearning how to drive big heavy cars like that one. I'm doing most of my career and online stuff in a Golf or a Lotus Elise. Trying to flick the Challenger around like those leads to crashes and 2:14s.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

I actually put some toe IN on my car, and it made it a bit more sane to handle. .2 degrees up front, and .1 degrees in the back. I think my LSD was set around 50% as well.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Is everything that can potentially be tied to DLC locked until you get it? I wanted to try that new (old) Group B Audi in the club garage but it asked me to get the DLC. I also received mail saying a got a gift car but that too required a DLC.

Also, can anyone recommend a decent tuning set for any class E->B for the old 1992 golf gti? I've gotten a few and they work well in courses with lots of turns but start to lag behind in courses with many long straights. In some of them I even end up being lapped near the end of the race. :( I have other cars that suit those better but I actually like being able to use my IRL car in the game.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Mac Tonight posted:

Emailing them doesn't do much. I've tried 3 times to find out about my saved games not being recognized and haven't heard a word.

That sounds like they invalidated your save. I've read they've went kinda scorched earth about "dirty" hacked credits, even flagging or invalidating people's saves for having a car purchased with dirty credits, regardless if you weren't involved in the creation of "dirty" credits.

I have heard (from Forzamotorsport.net, so take it with a grain of salt) that they will get to everyone's emails. How soon? I can't tell you.

Fox of Stone posted:

Is everything that can potentially be tied to DLC locked until you get it? I wanted to try that new (old) Group B Audi in the club garage but it asked me to get the DLC. I also received mail saying a got a gift car but that too required a DLC.

Yes.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

tehsid posted:

Do you have the 4gb model? I had the same problem with mine until I got a built in hard drive rather then just the 4gb. I harvested a 20gb hdd from the case of my old Xbox, but you can find them rather cheap online.

This is probably the reason, I'm using a Flashdrive because my HDD crapped out on me.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Pinky the Cube posted:

This is good advice, and as a bonus you'll be earning more exp and credits in the long run since you'll be competing against more people than if you just picked someone way up and just beat that one time. It's annoying to have a ghost car constantly dodging in and out of your field of vision but it also gives you a realtime example of where you'll need to improve your lines and adjust your braking points.

And if you have to, then suck it up and switch an assist or two back on to see if that helps any. Some cars are just unruly bitches, and it's not like you'll be forever shamed for using traction control on a throwaway challenge.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Just posted a time in the Audi R18 challenge. It's weird, but I swear it sounds just like the Ford F-550 I used for deliveries at my last job.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

YF19pilot posted:

Just posted a time in the Audi R18 challenge. It's weird, but I swear it sounds just like the Ford F-550 I used for deliveries at my last job.

Was the ford a diesel V6? Because I could see it sounding fairly simmilar. The modern diesel LMP1 cars all sound like diesel trucks to me. Every time they did an onboard shot last year at lemans all I could think of was the towtruck that picked my car up when the turbo failed.

Even irl they sound realy loving boring for a racecar. Well compared to the fantastic V12 lola aston anyway.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Idiot race posted:

Was the ford a diesel V6? Because I could see it sounding fairly simmilar. The modern diesel LMP1 cars all sound like diesel trucks to me. Every time they did an onboard shot last year at lemans all I could think of was the towtruck that picked my car up when the turbo failed.

Even irl they sound realy loving boring for a racecar. Well compared to the fantastic V12 lola aston anyway.

No, it was the big 6.2 or 6.4 Powerstroke turbodiesel. At least it doesn't sound like that crappy International I was driving...

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro
Gat DAYAM do I ever love AUGR pickup Friday night fuckery.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Badned said recently that Turn-10 is talking to at least one car manufacturer about open wheel cars, for Forza 5. :) Other rumors he has leaked out this week, includes at least one more new manufacturer to Forza 4, through DLC; It'll be a 500+ horse power car.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

After posting a 1:47 or so time in this lovely challenger I have determined one thing.

If this car handles anything like this in real life, it is a thirty thousand dollar waste of money. Who the gently caress puts such soft springs on a stock vehicle? It isn't a terrible car in most ways, but the fact that it has no ability whatsoever to recover once its body begins to roll in any direction at all makes it more frustrating than anything I've driven in this loving game.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

VERTiG0 posted:

Gat DAYAM do I ever love AUGR pickup Friday night fuckery.

Yeah, that was some fun stuff.

And whose Hummer H1 was that? I almost finished Fujimi Kaido reverse without flipping. Almost. After driving SSCs and Koenigseggs, I'd thought I had seen the hardest stuff this game had to offer, but keeping that thing upright was tougher than anything else I've done yet.

And was that your paintjob on that Esprit you were driving on Sedona? I always love a good JPS livery on a Lotus.

Flint Ironstag fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 11, 2012

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Sad I only had time for two races with AUGR tonight; the c-class race at Suzuka was fun and Road America was great even though I ended up hotlapping by myself with a poo poo-rear end tune. Had a perfect drift, though, for the first time in game. poo poo was fun.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Flint Ironstag posted:

Yeah, that was some fun stuff.

And whose Hummer H1 was that? I almost finished Fujimi Kaido reverse without flipping. Almost. After driving SSCs and Koenigseggs, I'd thought I had seen the hardest stuff this game had to offer, but keeping that thing upright was tougher than anything else I've done yet.

And was that your paintjob on that Esprit you were driving on Sedona? I always love a good JPS livery on a Lotus.

The Hummer is DeathGibs' (Maniak or something on the forums). He spent a lot of time tuning it so it'll flip like that. We just did 8 players, 5 laps of Suzuka all in that Hummer.

And that livery isn't mine, I got it from the storefront. Looks great though.

We're still racing, BTW: if you wanna join, my GT is vertigo360.

VERTiG0 fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 11, 2012

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man

YF19pilot posted:

That sounds like they invalidated your save. I've read they've went kinda scorched earth about "dirty" hacked credits, even flagging or invalidating people's saves for having a car purchased with dirty credits, regardless if you weren't involved in the creation of "dirty" credits.

That's goddamn annoying. It happened 3 loving times.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Soiled Meat
Yeah, Friday night casual was a lot of fun tonight. Had a bit of everything and surprised myself by enjoying the Drag races I forced on everyone as well as all other gimmicks we did. Gibs you need to make another tune for the Land Rover similar to your gem of a Hummer tune.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

It was fun playing with you goons tonight, sorry I'm so fuckin' rubbish at this game, but it was good fun none-the-less. At least I managed a clean lap in that horrible Hummer! :haw:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I said come in! posted:

Badned said recently that Turn-10 is talking to at least one car manufacturer about open wheel cars, for Forza 5. :) Other rumors he has leaked out this week, includes at least one more new manufacturer to Forza 4, through DLC; It'll be a 500+ horse power car.

The new 911 Turbo is supposed to produce 500 HP......

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Humerus posted:

The new 911 Turbo is supposed to produce 500 HP......

Porsche is the only "big" brand I can think of that's missing. It would be neat to just have the march pack be all Porsches. But watch it be just a souped up Studebaker station wagon or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day

You're right that breaking ~250hp in a FWD is a known issue, and you're spot-on for the brute-force method.

Have you tried a spreadsheet calc? Always worth a shot. Otherwise it's load replays / play Pac-Man.

• Locked thread