Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
This torrent thing is working really well.

For those not in the know, this graph represents the entire episode being downloaded in just over 2 minutes.

Is there a plan to compile a megatorrent with all the translated episodes? It would cause some additional work, since you'd have to create a new .torrent every time an episode is published, and the seeders would have to move as well for it to keep going. But since most torrent clients allow you to download single files as well, it would be more convenient than trying to deal with the currently ongoing upload site whack-a-croc.

StoryTime fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Feb 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edison Carter
Mar 26, 2010
Sorry if it's been asked, and I did check the last few pages and the op and didn't see a mention, so I just thought I would ask. In addition to appreciating/loving the hell out of the work being done in here, I've also been enjoying the raw episodes too. I haven't gotten any since the oooold megatorrent of raws, and was curious if a torrent (not just the usual blog :D) was keeping up with releases anywhere so I can round out my old collection?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Nakayama is so insanely shy it always makes for good TV, especially since Abe is very outgoing and personable.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
Thanks for the compilation! Nearly complained how they cut out all the extras off from the documentary, but this made my day.

BTW, what's VTR short for? Video Tape Recording?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ha, my GCCX folder is 35gb of one man playing a lot of video games.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ConanThe3rd posted:

GCCX makes me wish I'd gotten that tb internal a year ago instead of the 500 I got instead, haha.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

It's really crazy... on the level where Arino uses a single miner lemming to cut a very long tunnel through the ground, and the staff use a ruler to confirm that it's correctly placed.

I remember doing the exact same thing that the staff did on the exact same level back in the day playing Lemmings on my Amiga 500.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

ConanThe3rd posted:

:smug:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I just finished watching the 24 hour special documentary and SAGCCX compilation video. Thank you again, SAGCCX. You guys are seriously awesome at what you do. :)

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who was almost in tears during (SAGCCX compilation spoiler) Toujima and Tanii's homoerotic TamaGe segment. I had to pause the video to finish laughing during that segment, which doesn't happen as often as it used to.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

StoryTime posted:

This torrent thing is working really well.

Is there a plan to compile a megatorrent with all the translated episodes? It would cause some additional work, since you'd have to create a new .torrent every time an episode is published, and the seeders would have to move as well for it to keep going.

I'm pretty sure you can always update a torrent. Any new episodes could just be added to the megatorrent. I'm not sure how this technically works, though.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Crotch Bat posted:

Abe is very outgoing and personable.

He is? I haven't watched the episode yet but he always stuck me as kinda camera-shy (ironically). Whenever they stuck him in front of the thing he did the bare minimum of speaking.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

8-bit Miniboss posted:

:smug:

:unsmith:

r2x
Jan 13, 2008
What did the teapot say to the chalk?

Nothing, you silly. Teapots can't talk.
The compilation and documentary are great, some great stuff in there.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the torrents working great. The documentary is going at around 70kbps but the second part just downloaded in just a few minutes at 1.1mb/sec. So much Game Center CX to catch up on. Thanks a lot guys!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

jyrque posted:

I'm pretty sure you can always update a torrent. Any new episodes could just be added to the megatorrent. I'm not sure how this technically works, though.

Yes, it's possible.

But, you'll need to distribute a new .torrent file with every new added episode, since the .torrent file contains the data hashes required by the BitTorrent protocol. The previous version of the torrent will always be incompatible with the new one, and this causes a bit of a hassle. Everyone involved will have to be informed that there's a new torrent, and they'll have to grab the new torrent, and then point their clients to the folder containing the CX stuff. The files that people have already downloaded will work fine with the new torrent, though.

People active in this thread will surely keep up with the updates, but constantly changing the 'most current torrent' might get confusing for others.

I think it's worth a try, if someone has the time to keep it updated.

Obeast posted:

I just finished watching the 24 hour special documentary and SAGCCX compilation video. Thank you again, SAGCCX. You guys are seriously awesome at what you do. :)

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who was almost in tears during (SAGCCX compilation spoiler) Toujima and Tanii's homoerotic TamaGe segment. I had to pause the video to finish laughing during that segment, which doesn't happen as often as it used to.

No, you were not. After the ice cream scene, I had to constantly rewind the video because I kept missing subtitles, because I was laughing too hard. I do think they pushed the whole thing a bit too much at the end. It would have worked fine without spelling it out.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I was skimming through the raw of the 24 hour live episode and am now wishing that this was in your compilation. I loved the messages of encouragement by former staff and others who have been on the show in other segments. M favorite is this one: The message by AD Tsuroka singing the 53 Staions of Hokkaido song acompanied by his guitar. Hope to see some of the other missing extra segments from the 24 hour live show compiled in another video.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Aren't some of the seasons fully translated? Batch torrents for those would be just as helpful as a Compleat Collection.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Maybe just draw a line under what's available now, make a batch torrent for what's out right at this moment, and make new torrents for each episode released from here.

I started downloading early episodes I've missed, and I know that at least Final Fight, Actraiser, the second Super Mario 64 episode, and Contra are missing from any site that I can see. Depositfiles was a bastion, but even they've been removing files with copyright notices recently.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Doc Hawkins posted:

Aren't some of the seasons fully translated? Batch torrents for those would be just as helpful as a Compleat Collection.

The first two seasons that TV Nippon did are done in a season torrent (think it's afe to link to it again since the Kotaku stuff they also had a translation for is gone). But no season has a full translation by the SA Team. As there two where it has one random Kotaku episode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I'm currently missing Robocop and Bonk and I don't think there's a way to download them at the moment?

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
Wasn't Robocop part of the USA special?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wandering Knitter posted:

Wasn't Robocop part of the USA special?

Yeah, but for some reason I'm missing it.

geist hirsche
Jul 23, 2004

Abe's cooking segments were my favorite part of the compilation. They are actually compelling me to go out and get some ramen for lunch.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Holy crap! Thanks for tackling the 24 hour episode!!!

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Nakayama and Abe make the best comedy duo.

silentq15
Nov 28, 2008
Does anybody know if there is a way to retrive the links for the deposit file links or file serve or any of the other sites that multiupload links to for the already finished episodes as it appears those sites are still up. I don't really know how multiupload works if those links are connected with them somehow or are now gone but the sites it links to are not so there must be some way of retrieving them. I have looked all over google with no luck. Does maybe possibly the original uploaders know?

Enentol
Jul 16, 2005
Middle Class Gangster
Just put out a single episode torrent release for each new one, and then do a quarterly release of an updated mega-torrent.

It's the best of both worlds. Simple quick releases for new episodes and no constantly updating a crazy big torrent, but new people can still get on the bandwagon every couple of months.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

StoryTime posted:

I do think they pushed the whole thing a bit too much at the end. It would have worked fine without spelling it out.

Japanese comedy.

makere
Jan 14, 2012
How about creating batch torrents on seasons, and then just update that season which gets a new episode? And to bit speed up the torrent updating on people, always release the new episode as a part of the updated season. Specials could be released as single files or single torrent. This would fit to my folder sorting the best.

If the series were subbed following chronological order, you could do torrents like for 1-50, 51-100 etc...

Also I think if you want to include the subtitle files, put them into seperate folder from the videos.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
For the earlier seasons, enough of the show has been translated where it would be feasible to do one torrent for two seasons. As you get to the later seasons, there's a lot of leverage, but I'd guess I'd just keep the convention just to keep people sane. That way people can split up the torrent.

And maybe we should have a "Best of Arino" Torrent. You know, a torrent just for the episodes that we think someone getting into should watch.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Can anyone source me the song at the beginning of Abe's cooking bit in the condensed special? I've heard it before on the 3 minute cooking show that I see on the Japanese channel here in Southern California (18.2 on OTA).

Edit: For clarity, this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WqQ_AgJo1s&feature=related

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 12, 2012

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Just that coy look and the awkwardness of this whole bit...but just that look is amazing. And all of you are amazing for the timing and subs for these videos.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I have something important to say so listen up:

Kotaku's license has not expired.

This has been confirmed. My earlier statement was wrong. The Kotaku 12 are still off limits as :filez:.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Random Stranger posted:

This has been confirmed. My earlier statement was wrong. The Kotaku 12 are still off limits as :filez:.

Oh really? Where did they say that? It really sucks regardless.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Random Stranger posted:

Any idea on when it's expiring?

Dog Toggle Switch
May 16, 2006

This is way to awesome. You get all the interesting segments from the 24 hour show without having to watch Arino bang his head against a level, unedited for hours at a time. Just a great idea.

Also, whoever came up with the idea of Toujima and Tanii having a bromantic holiday ending with implied rape is some sort of deranged genius.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, it strikes me they would probably drag their poo poo out for as long as possible if only to inconvenience anyone else.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
They can't be held that much longer. They went out of their way to explain that the dubs weren't long for the Kotak world so it's not going to be anything crazy like years, probably a few more months at most.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Niggurath posted:

Just that coy look and the awkwardness of this whole bit...but just that look is amazing. And all of you are amazing for the timing and subs for these videos.

I will never get tired of this. It's so great and perfectly captures the mannerisms of each AD.

:shobon: :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Oh dear god that thing at the middle of the episode. I can't breathe.