Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

The name is Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street
Hey guys, I just started watching one piece on hulu plus, but the subbed episodes stop at 205, Which fansub is the best to watch? And the best website to watch them on. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This was a fantastic episode.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

ZombieIsland posted:

Hey guys, I just started watching one piece on hulu plus, but the subbed episodes stop at 205, Which fansub is the best to watch? And the best website to watch them on. Thanks!

Fansubs are stupid. Just go to Onepieceofficial.com and watch the episodes as they air in Japan. It's streaming but it's way better than any fansub and also isn't piracy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
The main problem is that there is a gap in the official episodes, between the old episodes and the currently streaming episodes on the funimation site, which I think are still unlicensed. I posted about it before for someone else who asked about a fansub.

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

QueerPope posted:

Fansubs are stupid. Just go to Onepieceofficial.com and watch the episodes as they air in Japan. It's streaming but it's way better than any fansub and also isn't piracy.
but the problem is that there aren't anymore official subs until 391, and I dot know which fansub group is the best to watch.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

ZombieIsland posted:

but the problem is that there aren't anymore official subs until 391, and I dot know which fansub group is the best to watch.

I'm afraid the posting policies still prohibit us from linking or naming specifics. But know this: One Piece has never had a consistent sub group from start to finish. Any way you slice it you'll need to get at least 4 or 5 different groups' episodes to cover that gap, so I wouldn't worry too much about which one you go with.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

QueerPope posted:

Not everyone lives in North America, Mr "Fansubs are stupid".

ZombieIsland
Jan 21, 2011

Jorenko posted:

I'm afraid the posting policies still prohibit us from linking or naming specifics. But know this: One Piece has never had a consistent sub group from start to finish. Any way you slice it you'll need to get at least 4 or 5 different groups' episodes to cover that gap, so I wouldn't worry too much about which one you go with.
Alright, thanks!

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

Taratang posted:

Not everyone lives in North America, Mr "Fansubs are stupid".

The poster said they were using Hulu though :colbert:

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Even so that is a crappy defense as at the end of the day this is a US based webforum and we are bound by those rules.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

QueerPope posted:

The poster said they were using Hulu though :colbert:
Ok, but "Fansubs are stupid" is still an odd statement to make, even if specifics can't be discussed openly here.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
People are translating poo poo in their free time for people to enjoy stuff in a language they don't understand, how stupid :bravo:

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

Allarion posted:

The main problem is that there is a gap in the official episodes, between the old episodes and the currently streaming episodes on the funimation site, which I think are still unlicensed. I posted about it before for someone else who asked about a fansub.

Dude, good luck. You will be using google in heavy overtime because once you get past a certain point, you're going to be switching to at least 5 different groups. I'd suggest picking up the manga instead, and catching up that way rather than go through fansub tedium.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Himuro posted:

Dude, good luck. You will be using google in heavy overtime because once you get past a certain point, you're going to be switching to at least 5 different groups. I'd suggest picking up the manga instead, and catching up that way rather than go through fansub tedium.

That wasn't my experience. I was US-based though. If you find the right site, they'll host all the various subbers in one place for you, just keep looking. It might have changed by now, too, though.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

It's been a while since I tried to catch up on the DVD sets. I think I'm somewhere in the second voyage. Anyone know of a good anime dvd discounter?

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo
THE RYUGU PALACE IN SHOCK! THE KIDNAPPING OF SHIRAHOSHI!

Here's today's episode.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom
That poor drat shark. I like how the princess goes from being like fifty times the sharks size to fitting in his mouth.

Also "HOW CAN I COOK FOR THE PRINCESS IS MY HANDS ARE HANDCUFFED!" Everything Sanji says lately is gold.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost
Today's episode: "Hordy's Onslaught! The Retaliatory Plan Set Into Motion!"

http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=8178

Not really a lot happening here. At least now we know Franky's ancestors were obviously robots.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

Nechronic posted:

Today's episode: "Hordy's Onslaught! The Retaliatory Plan Set Into Motion!"

http://www.onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx?v=8178

Not really a lot happening here. At least now we know Franky's ancestors were obviously robots.

NO! They were merely robotic men.

Also something seems to be lost in translation after Franky pops out his hair and says that he's merely a pervert.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Liar posted:

Also something seems to be lost in translation after Franky pops out his hair and says that he's merely a pervert.

No, that's exactly what he says.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm just glad they got rid of that horrid commercial with mariah carey.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sorry if this has been answered already, but is there an official means of watching the episodes online for UK citizens? A friend of mine is pretty keen on trying out One Piece, but it's apparently not available for his region according to the website.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
poo poo the new episode did some nice setup atleast. I can't wait til next weeks because I'm dying to see a post timeskip throwdown.

User0015
Nov 24, 2007

Please don't talk about your sexuality unless it serves the ~narrative~!
I don't know why, but I was thinking a post timeskip throwdown is going to be more like, "Look at what the crew is able to do now." as they completely walk all over anyone stupid enough to get in their way. We've been watching, what, 3 entire arcs of Luffy and crew getting stomped on.

I just get the feeling the upcoming bad guys are in for a rude awakening.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

User0015 posted:

I don't know why, but I was thinking a post timeskip throwdown is going to be more like, "Look at what the crew is able to do now." as they completely walk all over anyone stupid enough to get in their way. We've been watching, what, 3 entire arcs of Luffy and crew getting stomped on.

I don't think that's true, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced the power drugs.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

Shadow0 posted:

I don't think that's true, otherwise they wouldn't have introduced the power drugs.

The ability to hit anyone, anywhere, with anything after a single touch is not too shabby either. I imagine he'll also have some other weird applications of his power once that glove comes off.

That said I think it would make me happier if they did stomp everyone easily and instead the drama/challenge was protecting the rest of the island from being destroyed.

KoB
May 1, 2009

seigfox posted:

The ability to hit anyone, anywhere, with anything after a single touch is not too shabby either. I imagine he'll also have some other weird applications of his power once that glove comes off.

That said I think it would make me happier if they did stomp everyone easily and instead the drama/challenge was protecting the rest of the island from being destroyed.

The glove is so his power wont lock on to anyone else. He can only have 1 person per hand at any given time and one is reserved for Shirahoshi.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

User0015 posted:

I'm hoping for the same thing. I can't take these fishmen guys seriously as villains. There's so many people above the ocean that could take them all out single handed that there's no way they can seriously expect to knock humans out of their place of power.

The Straw Hats are ready to take on the New World and these scrubs are here just to show how powerful everyone has gotten.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Not to mention they looked up to Arlong as inspiration, and he really wasn't that strong in the grand scheme of things.

Liar
Dec 14, 2003

Smarts > Wisdom

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Not to mention they looked up to Arlong as inspiration, and he really wasn't that strong in the grand scheme of things.

Actually he was. He was REALLY strong. But Luffy's a goddamn monster amongst monsters.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Liar posted:

Actually he was. He was REALLY strong. But Luffy's a goddamn monster amongst monsters.

This. You have to remember that One Piece readers are getting a very warped view of what passes for a "normal" level of strength in Oda's world. Hell, a lot of the people passing through the first half of the Grand Line probably never even SEE a Shichibukai, while the Straw Hats stumbled into every single possible arc boss in the entire ocean.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Yes, in the East Blue he was strong, but he probably wouldn't be anything special in the grand line. At most he would be above average.

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich
He could probably kick the collective asses of about 90% of the not-the-New-World Grand Line, or at least make a good show of trying. The admirals and Kuma and whoever else could take him, but that's like eleven people. Plus another handful for the Emperors and whoever the stronger people in their crews are (there's no telling how squishy their rookies are, considering that anyone would be a rookie next to Beckman).

I'm sure there are some other named characters who could, but the point is that the people yelling "oh my goodness, that Luffy sure is a monster!" and getting their entire army rolled over by Mihawk make up the vast, vast majority of the world's population.

I think Arlong would still be considered a bit more than "above average," once you take into account that "average" includes more than that tiny handful of individuals (out of an entire planet) that One Piece focuses on.

And I'm not even particularly an Arlong fan.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mushroom_spore posted:

He could probably kick the collective asses of about 90% of the not-the-New-World Grand Line, or at least make a good show of trying. The admirals and Kuma and whoever else could take him, but that's like eleven people. Plus another handful for the Emperors and whoever the stronger people in their crews are (there's no telling how squishy their rookies are, considering that anyone would be a rookie next to Beckman).

I'm sure there are some other named characters who could, but the point is that the people yelling "oh my goodness, that Luffy sure is a monster!" and getting their entire army rolled over by Mihawk make up the vast, vast majority of the world's population.

I think Arlong would still be considered a bit more than "above average," once you take into account that "average" includes more than that tiny handful of individuals (out of an entire planet) that One Piece focuses on.

And I'm not even particularly an Arlong fan.

Also, the man ate a cannon ball...

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We should also remember that Arlong sat around for a decade or something lording it over a bunch of peasants in the weakest sea of the world. Basically the dude had gone soft when the Strawhats showed up to whup his rear end.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
Don't forget the drunken octopus swordsman blocked a Jet Pistol like it was no big deal, although I assume he will be Zoro's opponent eventually.

seigfox
Dec 2, 2005

Just an average guy who serves as an average hero.

KoB posted:

The glove is so his power wont lock on to anyone else. He can only have 1 person per hand at any given time and one is reserved for Shirahoshi.

I was using glove in the metaphorical sense but he also has a glove so I said... you know what, nevermind. :(

What I mean is devilfruit users, especially paramecia usually display a simple skill (ie having the properties of rubber, being able to hit anyone you touch) but they always seem to have some off the wall application of their powers as well. Luffy has a ton. Maybe he can use both hands at once to do something, or maybe he can throw himself or something else ridiculous. This is One Piece, so I'm probably not even close.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought the Hordy-Zoro "fight" was way cooler in the manga because Hordy bragged about how much faster fishmen are under water and then Zoro just instantly wrecked him. Guess they just had some extra animation money lying around or something.

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 20, 2012

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought the Hordy-Zoro "fight" was way cooler in the manga because Hordy bragged about how much faster fishmen are under water and then Zoro just instantly wrecked him. Guess they just had some extra animation money lying around or something.

Manga spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy
God, finally. If I had to spend one more episode listening to Megalo gagging I think I'd puke.