Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibsen
Jun 20, 2006
I am Not.
Earlier a g2 was recommended to me. I was in the store, and they had the mytouch 4g slide. Now that I'm definitely going to be doing a change of responsibility, and putting the line in my name, is there any difference in assuming a plan in terms of getting a discount on the phone at the store or buying a used one? If that makes any sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Last I checked, T-Mobile has the Value plan, which is about $20 less per month than their normal plans but doesn't include a phone subsidy, s you can either buy one outright from them or a used one.

JoeWindetc
Jan 14, 2007
JoeWindetc

Duckman2008 posted:

Well if it's month to month just don't overpay for the phone. If you are just calling and texting you should be fine. It will suck on data, if you can get a decent smartphone for around the same monthly price look at your options, post them here and we can tell you if the phone is any good.

Here's a few I've been looking at.
Samsung Chat GT-C3500
Samsung A777
Nokia C2-01.5

Honestly I'm not even sure what to look for. We can basically use any GSM unlocked phone with this plan. Unlimited calls/text/data.

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

Ibsen posted:

Earlier a g2 was recommended to me. I was in the store, and they had the mytouch 4g slide. Now that I'm definitely going to be doing a change of responsibility, and putting the line in my name, is there any difference in assuming a plan in terms of getting a discount on the phone at the store or buying a used one? If that makes any sense
I suggested the G2 to you because you can buy one secondhand off of craigslist/SA-Mart/eBay/elsewhere inexpensively, and then you can get on a "Value" plan with T-Mobile that'll save you $480+ over the course of the contract. You can easily do this after assuming liability for the account.

Looking at the G2 vs. the myTouch 4G Slide, it's a little less black and white. The G2 ships with a very "stock-like" version of Android whereas the mT4GS is shitted-up with HTC's T-Mobile-themed version of Sense UI that should basically never be used by anyone. The mT4GS will probably be merged into the official CyanogenMod project at some point in the future, but the G2 is highly-supported and very stable running CM today. Neither is a Nexus device, so you're going to have to jump through some hoops to get yourself continued support on either phone.

The mT4GS is less expensive than I thought it would be given its newer internals; craigslist in my area shows $275-300 for the mT4GS and $150-200 for the HTC G2. Obviously, neither phone is worth signing a contract that enforces a higher-priced T-Mobile plan. Buy the phone independently, and get a "Value" plan (good deal) from T-Mo instead of a "Classic" plan (bad deal). If it were me, I'd buy the G2 because it's cheaper, fully-supported by CM, and still completely relevant. Then maybe in a year or so I'd craigslist it and buy an mT4GS after it's fully supported by CM (and/or given an ICS update from HTC) and incidentally dirt-cheap because something new (that's unsupported by CM and loaded with OEM-specific problems) will exist by then.

Neither choice is bad; the only bad choice would be signing up for a Classic plan from T-Mobile.

kbar fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 13, 2012

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

kalibar posted:

Then maybe in a year or so I'd craigslist it and buy an mT4GS after it's fully supported by CM (and/or given an ICS update from HTC)
It should be noted that the MT4G is absent from the list of devices "confirmed" to get an ICS update from HTC. Which means official ICS on the MT4G is, at best, inconclusive, and probably not going to happen. G2 would get my vote also.

Seanightjar
Apr 1, 2011

Sprint service, looking for a phone to text and browse the internet with. I just would like something stable and fast.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

I've found out that O2 in the UK offer the Samsung Galaxy Nexus on very affordable plans, and their 3G coverage in my area seems pretty good.

I've found that they offer the Galaxy Nexus on a £21.50 per month with an up front of £100. This works better for me than flipping a SGSII from Orange to buy a Galaxy Nexus.

I'm writing this here for anyone else in the UK who might want a Galaxy Nexus, O2 seems to be the way to go.

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007
  • Country/Provider: USA (84081) / Currently Verizon

• Current contract status: Near expiration of 2-yr contract

• Budget (phone/plan): Currently 2 lines at $90/month total. Unlimited text/minimum minutes on family plan. WANT TO SPEND LESS FOR SIMILAR.

• Features I know I want: Phone with a decent (>=3MP) camera. Don't like touchscreens. No need for internet, music player etc.

This is my current phone that needs to be replaced, and I love it:
http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=1312

This is my wife's current phone that is fairly new, doesn't really need replacing:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/samsung-intensity-2.shtml

They are both Verizon branded phones, so I assume if I go with a different provider I will need to get new phones for both of us. I would be fine with this if it means saving moolah.

She talks on the phone maybe weekly or so with her mother or sister for a half an hour or two, but the majority of the calls happen between myself and her. I receive tweets and stuff on my phone, so unlimited sms/mms is important to have. We both like having decent cameras for taking pictures and sending each other. Basically we just want the cheapest we can get with these features. Any suggestions?

Sixty-Proof
Jul 23, 2007
I have done my best to stay away from smartphones, but after talking to my brother about pocket cameras, I have decided to cave in. Kind of.

• Features: A nice camera, a QWERTY keyboard, internet access, music player, mini SD support would be cool. Preferably an android OS of some sort, because of the apps I know I would like to get for it already.

I don't actually intend to use it as a phone at all. Unless I can use google phone or skype or something over Wi-Fi. I would kinda just like a pocket camera/music player/app machine that I can do all the internet poo poo with using Wi-Fi. Is this at all possible?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Sixty-Proof posted:

I have done my best to stay away from smartphones, but after talking to my brother about pocket cameras, I have decided to cave in. Kind of.
Pick up a used T-Mobile G2 on eBay, Craigslist, or SA-Mart. If camera quality is your absolute top priority, then a T-Mobile MyTouch 4G Slide might be better, but the software is kind of meh (still Android).

But why don't you want to use it as a phone? You have a phone already right?

If the issue is that you don't want to pay for a data plan, consider that:
  • T-Mobile has a $30/mo plan with 100 voice minutes (10¢ min thereafter), unlimited SMS, and 5 GB of data a month.
  • You can use the G2 on any AT&T voice plan (and T-Mobile?) without paying for a data plan if you really don't want it.

Either way, if you just want to use it on WiFi, you can. You might have to do some magic during the initial setup since you don't have a SIM card, Google around for the instructions on that, but I think it's touching the four corners of the screen or something like that.

Nagna Zul
Aug 9, 2008
I've been in need of a phone for a while, and two of my friends are pestering me to get a Galaxy Nexus. I've played around with one for a bit; it seems like a solid piece of hardware, and from the limited amount of research I've done it seems like a cheaper and arguably better iPhone. I need a phone (for talking, texting) and if I'm carrying a little plastic box around, I want it to do everything a computer can do (browse the internet, read emails, play games, play music, etc.)

What I'm wondering now is which plan do I want; I live in Quebec City, Canada; I'm looking at getting the most barebones plan I can get away with; I don't see myself talking on the phone all that often.

The one plan I've looked at is the one fido offered me; either 25$/month for a talk/text plan + 360$ for the phone, or 50$ for talk/text/data plan + 160 for the phone. Both of those involve a 3 year contract, which I'm not sure if I'm comfortable getting into. I don't think I care much for the data plan, since I can see myself being fine with just wifi.

I'm pretty clueless here. Help me out.

Side-note: I want a phone that doesn't require huge setup and constant maintenance. I'm computer-literate enough to be able to figure it out, but I'd rather not have to spend time on getting my phone into a usable state.

Nagna Zul fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 14, 2012

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
I'm going to be traveling in the Middle East near the end of the year. (Qatar to be exact) What do I need to do to get a phone that'll work over there? It's only going to be about 70 days, but I would love to buy some used iphone 3gs or something and throw a prepaid sim in it and have it work?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Seanightjar posted:

Sprint service, looking for a phone to text and browse the internet with. I just would like something stable and fast.

IPhone 4S or samsung epic touch. Probably iPhone if you just want something that works.

Ibsen
Jun 20, 2006
I am Not.

kalibar posted:

I suggested the G2 to you because you can buy one secondhand off of craigslist/SA-Mart/eBay/elsewhere inexpensively, and then you can get on a "Value" plan with T-Mobile that'll save you $480+ over the course of the contract. You can easily do this after assuming liability for the account.

Looking at the G2 vs. the myTouch 4G Slide, it's a little less black and white. The G2 ships with a very "stock-like" version of Android whereas the mT4GS is shitted-up with HTC's T-Mobile-themed version of Sense UI that should basically never be used by anyone. The mT4GS will probably be merged into the official CyanogenMod project at some point in the future, but the G2 is highly-supported and very stable running CM today. Neither is a Nexus device, so you're going to have to jump through some hoops to get yourself continued support on either phone.

The mT4GS is less expensive than I thought it would be given its newer internals; craigslist in my area shows $275-300 for the mT4GS and $150-200 for the HTC G2. Obviously, neither phone is worth signing a contract that enforces a higher-priced T-Mobile plan. Buy the phone independently, and get a "Value" plan (good deal) from T-Mo instead of a "Classic" plan (bad deal). If it were me, I'd buy the G2 because it's cheaper, fully-supported by CM, and still completely relevant. Then maybe in a year or so I'd craigslist it and buy an mT4GS after it's fully supported by CM (and/or given an ICS update from HTC) and incidentally dirt-cheap because something new (that's unsupported by CM and loaded with OEM-specific problems) will exist by then.

Neither choice is bad; the only bad choice would be signing up for a Classic plan from T-Mobile.

I just want to let you know I appreciate the info. I'm guessing when it can be loaded with CM, that the sense ui can be removed/overridden?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ibsen posted:

I just want to let you know I appreciate the info. I'm guessing when it can be loaded with CM, that the sense ui can be removed/overridden?
CM is a close-to-stock Android build. No Sense.

Nannypea
Feb 20, 2006

Faster, you naughty little monkey!
•Country/Provider: USA/Verizon

•Current contract status: Ending in a few months

•Budget (phone/plan): under $200 on a used phone / not changing plan

•Features I know I want: I have a Droid X with a broken charging port - verified at the Verizon store. Work around is an external battery charger, rotating 2 batteries but it's a pain in the rear end. I have a Prime running ICS and a Nook on CM7. What phone can I pick up, under $200 closer to $100 the better, until all the new phones are announced, I decide what I really want, and I'm up for contract renewal?

Note: For some reason I didn't have insurance so getting it fixed isn't an option

kbar
Aug 9, 2002

Ibsen posted:

Yeah, you'll get a completely vanilla version of Android -- it's faster and it's largely preferable to most people here. I've repeated it a couple of times, but basically my attitude is that you should buy a Nexus device, you should buy a device that's well-supported by CyanogenMod (and learn how to install it), or you should buy an iPhone. Non-CM-supported Android devices that have custom manufacturer skins are pretty much the worst, and carry the huge potential of leaving you high and dry for future Android updates since you're at the mercy of the manufacturer... who already has your money.

But again, the myTouch 4G Slide isn't fully supported by CM. The G2 is. There's a rough unofficial alpha port of CM for the Slide, but that's going to be dicey. The G2 is a much safer bet (and a less expensive one), as it's ready to go with full CM7 support and pretty good experimental CM9/Ice Cream Sandwich support.

Gravity Pike
Feb 8, 2009

I find this discussion incredibly bland and disinteresting.
I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but I'd rather try the megathread first.

I'm looking for a headset today. I've got a technical phone interview tomorrow afternoon, and I don't want to bother with the speaker, or juggling the dang thing while trying to work out problems. I'm not super picky, as this isn't going to be an everyday-use kind of thing, but I also want it to be clear enough that I'm not asking, "Uh, what was that?" every third sentence.

I have an HTC Incredible. I'm fine with either wired or bluetooth. Does anyone have any brand or model recommendations, or am I really going to be fine with whatever I walk into Target and pull off the shelf?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gravity Pike posted:

I'm not sure if this is the thread for it, but I'd rather try the megathread first.

I'm looking for a headset today. I've got a technical phone interview tomorrow afternoon, and I don't want to bother with the speaker, or juggling the dang thing while trying to work out problems. I'm not super picky, as this isn't going to be an everyday-use kind of thing, but I also want it to be clear enough that I'm not asking, "Uh, what was that?" every third sentence.

I have an HTC Incredible. I'm fine with either wired or bluetooth. Does anyone have any brand or model recommendations, or am I really going to be fine with whatever I walk into Target and pull off the shelf?

I personally use a blue ant Q2 and love it. Look at that and the jawbone icon. Blue ant Q2 is $60 ish on Amazon.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Upon the recommendation of this thread, I got a Galaxy Nexus instead of the Droid 4.

It's loving tits.

Thank you ladies and gentlegoons.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
Ladies and gentlegunts: Which phone am I better off getting? An iPhone 4 or a Samsung Galaxy s2? I'll really appreciate any advice you can give me!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

taupoke posted:

Ladies and gentlegunts: Which phone am I better off getting? An iPhone 4 or a Samsung Galaxy s2? I'll really appreciate any advice you can give me!

If possible change that to iphone 4S or galaxy nexus (what carrier are you on/going with).

Android vs iphone is personal preference. See the past few pages for some summaries.

Fyi the galaxy 2 is better hardware than the 4 because it is a year newer. So really it should be 4S vs Galaxy Nexus. For the iphone the 4 has held its value very well, but for a $100 extra one time you get a much better phone over a 2 year contract that you are likely paying $100 a month for anyway.

The galaxy nexus is the only Android phone to get on time updates (see Android thread for the current update fuckup, this time being motorola).

But yeah, either way put up the slight bit extra money to get the latest hardware for sure.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho

Duckman2008 posted:

If possible change that to iphone 4S or galaxy nexus (what carrier are you on/going with).

Android vs iphone is personal preference. See the past few pages for some summaries.

Fyi the galaxy 2 is better hardware than the 4 because it is a year newer. So really it should be 4S vs Galaxy Nexus. For the iphone the 4 has held its value very well, but for a $100 extra one time you get a much better phone over a 2 year contract that you are likely paying $100 a month for anyway.

The galaxy nexus is the only Android phone to get on time updates (see Android thread for the current update fuckup, this time being motorola).

But yeah, either way put up the slight bit extra money to get the latest hardware for sure.

Can't afford a 4s and I don't think the Nexus is out in my country yet. I don't want a blackberry torch because the two people I know who have one hate it.

edit: oh our cellphone contracts work much different to yours.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

taupoke posted:

Can't afford a 4s and I don't think the Nexus is out in my country yet. I don't want a blackberry torch because the two people I know who have one hate it.

edit: oh our cellphone contracts work much different to yours.
This is why the OP includes a list of information for you to include in your post. Otherwise, everyone assumes you're in the US.

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho

Endless Mike posted:

This is why the OP includes a list of information for you to include in your post. Otherwise, everyone assumes you're in the US.

Well my budget basically works out to: iPhone 4 VS Galaxy S2. All I wanted was an idea of which is better.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

taupoke posted:

Well my budget basically works out to: iPhone 4 VS Galaxy S2. All I wanted was an idea of which is better.

Personally the hardware on the galaxy 2 is better and I would go for it. But if you want an apple product get an iPhone.

There is no "better, " there is a "hey, I this would work best for your needs. " I have no idea what you plan to use it for, so that would be up to you then.

an audible groan
Jan 2, 2005
NICE TRY SUCKER

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If the issue is that you don't want to pay for a data plan, consider that:
  • T-Mobile has a $30/mo plan with 100 voice minutes (10¢ min thereafter), unlimited SMS, and 5 GB of data a month.
  • You can use the G2 on any AT&T voice plan (and T-Mobile?) without paying for a data plan if you really don't want it.

Wow, I'm paying twice that with them on month to month right now. Their website says that that plan requires a new activation-- can I just cancel my account and order a sim card with the same number and that plan, or will something stop me?

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

taupoke posted:

The Galaxy S II is "better" hardware-wise, but you won't notice this in day-to-day use. It'll feel sluggish in simple operations such as scrolling no matter what. This is because Google didn't bother to do GPU acceleration in Android until Android 4.0, and it's pretty much a crapshoot to when your Galaxy S II will get Android 4.0. You'd be buying on potential with a Galaxy S II, and buying on potential with Android is the worst thing you can do.

On the other hand, there's nothing wrong with an iPhone 4, and it's guaranteed to be supported for your average 2-year contract.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

an audible groan posted:

Wow, I'm paying twice that with them on month to month right now. Their website says that that plan requires a new activation-- can I just cancel my account and order a sim card with the same number and that plan, or will something stop me?
You might want to port your number to Google Voice first, then you never have to worry about porting it again.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Godzilla07 posted:

It'll feel sluggish in simple operations such as scrolling no matter what.
I'm well aware of the background of Android UI woes pre-ICS.

However, when the SGSII was released it was highly praised for being one of the few, if not first Android devices to have a very smooth UI. It was thought at the time (although I don't know if ever concerned) that Samsung might've actually optimized TouchWiz for this. Is this a position that everyone has reversed on since?

There's a lot of caveats with getting the SGSII and non-Nexus Android in general. But I think the choice is probably best decided by factors that don't come down to non-universally-perceived scrolling sluggishness.

Ciabatta
Aug 20, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I'm well aware of the background of Android UI woes pre-ICS.

However, when the SGSII was released it was highly praised for being one of the few, if not first Android devices to have a very smooth UI. It was thought at the time (although I don't know if ever concerned) that Samsung might've actually optimized TouchWiz for this. Is this a position that everyone has reversed on since?

There's a lot of caveats with getting the SGSII and non-Nexus Android in general. But I think the choice is probably best decided by factors that don't come down to non-universally-perceived scrolling sluggishness.

taupoke also still never mentioned their region or carrier, which is important since the international SGSII is a better bet than any of the random variants he might be picking between.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm finally upgrading my ancient dinosaur of a phone, an Iphone 3, and am curious about switching to an Android phone. I had a question about my data plan though. I'm still grandfathered into the unlimited iphone data plan. Do Android phones have a comparable unlimited data plan? If I ever decide to go to an Apple device in the future, will I lose my unlimited iphone data plan?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Harlock posted:

I had a question about my data plan though.
Which country and carrier?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Whoops. USA ATT.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harlock posted:

I'm finally upgrading my ancient dinosaur of a phone, an Iphone 3, and am curious about switching to an Android phone. I had a question about my data plan though. I'm still grandfathered into the unlimited iphone data plan. Do Android phones have a comparable unlimited data plan? If I ever decide to go to an Apple device in the future, will I lose my unlimited iphone data plan?

You didn't list your carrier, but it sounds like you are on ATT. Your plan is unlimited data for smartphones, and yes that is grandfathered officially regardless of whether you get a new iPhone, Android or Windows Phone.

It is very worth noting that ATT seems to have declared unofficial war against unlimited users (throttling at low uses) so unofficially you probably do not have true unlimited.

Other downside: ATT seems to suck at Android offering even worse than Verizon does. I can't think of an official ATT Android phone that is a hands down great buy, especially if you want good software support. Your absolute best Android phone to get is import a galaxy nexus. You can buy an iPhone 4S for $200 (with upgrade contract) and sell it for at least $500, which gives you $300 to put towards the galaxy nexus.

If it sounds like a lot of work and you don't want to do it, I'll emphasize again: every other Android phone currently on ATT sucks.

As much as I do personally like Android, now is a really bad time to buy anything but the nexus.

Edit: ah, Verizon is an option. ExcessBLarg is correct, if you want Android switch to Verizon and get a better deal. If you have LTE in your area then you get a bonus.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Feb 16, 2012

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Duckman2008 posted:

Stuff
Well, I'm kind of in a unique position because I have the option of getting a discount through either Verizon or ATT because of my employer and I'm out of contract. So ultimately, I could be on either carrier at the same rate/price. I tend to hate Verizon's service around here, but it looks like they offer the Nexus (which I can get subsidized for something like $270). Is their version any better/worse than an unlocked one?

Regarding ATT and Android phones making GBS threads it up, is there anything good coming down the pike right before summer hits? I've obviously been pretty patient as I've been out of contract for 8 months now, but if something good is coming soon - I can wait a little longer.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Duckman2008 posted:

It is very worth noting that ATT seems to have declared unofficial war against unlimited users (throttling at low uses) so unofficially you probably do not have true unlimited.
To add to this:

If you really want Android, consider switching to Verizon for the Galaxy Nexus with the 4 GB for $30/mo promo. You'll pay the same as you currently do on AT&T, and even though it's not "unlimited data", 4 GB is far better than the 2.5 GB the 95% percentile of "unlimited" AT&T users actually use before getting a letter in the mail about it. Plus, Verizon's LTE footprint is much better right now.

If you decide to stick with the iPhone, staying with AT&T is probably the best bet. AT&T's HSPA+ service is theoretically faster than Verizon's 3G, perhaps save for a few markets where they're really hammered. Also, 2 GB for $30/mo for 3G only data on Verizon, you're better off riding the AT&T unlimited data gravy train as far as it goes.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!
Country/Provider: USA/Verizon

Current contract status: Just transferred my former ATT # to my girlfriends Verizon account last month, so 23 months left. I'm using a hand-me-down Samsung SCH i760 currently, but it's a good 4 years old, I hate the OS and interface and the battery dies every 90 minutes. I have an upgrade I'd like to use to rid myself of this old piece of junk.

Budget (phone/plan): ~ $200 for a good phone

Features I know I want: email/text/web browsing and a decent media player to replace my recently departed ipod. Most of my music is stored as flac, so a phone that supports flac playback would be ideal.

This will be my first smartphone, so I have no prior history/allegiance to android/iOS/blackberry etc. I typically keep a phone until it physically stops working, so I really just want something that runs well to serve my aforementioned requirements for a few years.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

McKracken posted:

Country/Provider: USA/Verizon

Current contract status: Just transferred my former ATT # to my girlfriends Verizon account last month, so 23 months left. I'm using a hand-me-down Samsung SCH i760 currently, but it's a good 4 years old, I hate the OS and interface and the battery dies every 90 minutes. I have an upgrade I'd like to use to rid myself of this old piece of junk.

Budget (phone/plan): ~ $200 for a good phone

Features I know I want: email/text/web browsing and a decent media player to replace my recently departed ipod. Most of my music is stored as flac, so a phone that supports flac playback would be ideal.

This will be my first smartphone, so I have no prior history/allegiance to android/iOS/blackberry etc. I typically keep a phone until it physically stops working, so I really just want something that runs well to serve my aforementioned requirements for a few years.

If you were running Rockbox or the like on your iPod, then the Galaxy Nexus is your best option. It has a decent DAC, and PowerAMP will play about anything you can throw at it. The only real downside is no expandable storage on the Galaxy Nexus, so it's 32 GB or bust. Amazon's selling them for $229 on-contract right now. It's really the only Android phone to get on Verizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Godzilla07 posted:

If you were running Rockbox or the like on your iPod, then the Galaxy Nexus is your best option. It has a decent DAC, and PowerAMP will play about anything you can throw at it. The only real downside is no expandable storage on the Galaxy Nexus, so it's 32 GB or bust. Amazon's selling them for $229 on-contract right now. It's really the only Android phone to get on Verizon.

I was running rockbox and I loved it. My old ipod was only 30GB so a phone with 32GB won't be a problem at all.

Is amazon typically the cheapest place to get phones? The Verizon website lists the Nexus at $299 on contract.