Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Mootallica posted:

I'm sure somebody will come along shortly and post a 1:41x or something, but for the short term, I'll take my victory!

1:42.396

Finally figured the corkscrew out after many many, many attempts.
Okay!

1:41.133

That's everyone on my friendslist+SAEG beaten. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

Falken posted:

Okay!

Didn't even get 6 hours out of it :smith:

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

I said come in! posted:

Turn-10 is running a contest this weekend (it's mentioned in this weeks review), to enter you're suppose to check out a Top Gear USA advertisement on the Dash Board, but i'm not seeing where the ad is. Has anyone spotted it yet? The requirements are just to enter the contest, and play Forza 4 once this weekend. You have a chance of winning 100,000 Microsoft points.

I'm spending all of it on Car Tokens if I win. :v:

Ugh, USA only of course.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.

Falken posted:

Okay!

Oh you.

I was trying to beat Moo's time, and for the love of gently caress I couldn't get his ghost to show.

But you, I smell fresh blood. Add me on live so I can give it a crack t3hsid is my gt.

Mootallica
Jun 28, 2005

tehsid posted:

Oh you.

I was trying to beat Moo's time, and for the love of gently caress I couldn't get his ghost to show.

But you, I smell fresh blood. Add me on live so I can give it a crack t3hsid is my gt.

I don't think it will, because I was having problems connecting to Live at the time (any time it looks like raining, DSL drops out, love it!). Having said that, I have no idea how it uploaded the time, without uploading the ghost as well.

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Mootallica posted:

I don't think it will, because I was having problems connecting to Live at the time (any time it looks like raining, DSL drops out, love it!). Having said that, I have no idea how it uploaded the time, without uploading the ghost as well.
Ah, it might have tried but corrupted, because it downloads VERY quickly and then doesn't show up. Makes it very hard to see where you made up ground. I can't for the life of me get that last turn as fast as you where.

ElvisG
Aug 18, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Turn-10 is running a contest this weekend (it's mentioned in this weeks review), to enter you're suppose to check out a Top Gear USA advertisement on the Dash Board, but i'm not seeing where the ad is. Has anyone spotted it yet? The requirements are just to enter the contest, and play Forza 4 once this weekend. You have a chance of winning 100,000 Microsoft points.

I'm not seeing it either so I had to go to

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/Promotions/History-and-Forza-Motorsport4-Sweeps

and there is directions on how to enter through e-mail instead of XBOX Live.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I said come in! posted:

The Forza website says that it should be under the Video tab on the dashboard, I haven't bothered to check for it yet so i dunno if it has to cycle through the current options or if it's in one of the corner panel thingys or what.

AaronB
Jan 9, 2011
Few days not playing Forza and now I can't take the first turn on Laguna Seca. gently caress video games, I swear.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Scirocco Griffon posted:

The Forza website says that it should be under the Video tab on the dashboard, I haven't bothered to check for it yet so i dunno if it has to cycle through the current options or if it's in one of the corner panel thingys or what.

Ive been checking since Friday when the contest was announced, and its still not showing up. I just did the e-mail trick that ElvisG posted.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
It showed up fine for me on the main dashboard, so I entered.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Professor Bling posted:

It showed up fine for me on the main dashboard, so I entered.

Weird. I wonder how many people are having this problem? Hopefully not many entered the contest. :3:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I haven't had the ad show up either, so I did the email thing. Fingers crossed!

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Man I'm so glad I'm almost done with the Ferrari collecting achievement. Just 3 of the F430GT racecars left now, and I know I can get at least one of them off the auction house for cheap.

They should have included an unlockable homespace of a palace in Dubai for people whose collections exceed a value of 50 million credits or so, either that or Jay Leno's garage.

speedtek
Nov 26, 2004

Let's make it out, baby.
2. TIMING: This Sweepstakes begins at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on February 4, 2012, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on February 12, 2012 ("Promotion Period").

I looked at the clock on my laptop and it said 2:59 (Eastern, of course)

oh wait 11:59PM duhh. Still don't see it though. Guess I'll email them.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Scirocco Griffon posted:

Man I'm so glad I'm almost done with the Ferrari collecting achievement. Just 3 of the F430GT racecars left now, and I know I can get at least one of them off the auction house for cheap.

They should have included an unlockable homespace of a palace in Dubai for people whose collections exceed a value of 50 million credits or so, either that or Jay Leno's garage.

Is there a list somewhere of which Ferraris are needed for that acheivement? Or is the answer simply all of them (not including DLC)?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

YF19pilot posted:

Is there a list somewhere of which Ferraris are needed for that acheivement? Or is the answer simply all of them (not including DLC)?

It says all the Ferraris on Disc 1, so I'm assuming it's just the ones in the dealership. They better not have been dickish enough to require both unicorns as well for it, though I doubt they would do that.

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
There's a list up in the 'Answers' section of Gamefaqs, but if I recall, the ones you don't need are the FXX, the F50GT, the F40 Competizione, the F6** Maranello, the F458 racecar, neither of the 355s, and of the F430 racecars you only need #83 and #89.

Edit here

ihop fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Feb 12, 2012

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

jonathan posted:

Anyone remember that game "Car and Driver" for PC from the early 90's? One of the "Tracks" was a California mall parking lot.

When that game came out if was great. You could drive off the road! Imagine that.
It was the best game when it came out. Many hours wasted.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

ihop posted:

There's a list up in the 'Answers' section of Gamefaqs, but if I recall, the ones you don't need are the FXX, the F50GT, the F40 Competizione, the F6** Maranello, the F458 racecar, neither of the 355s, and of the F430 racecars you only need #83 and #89.

Edit here

Well gently caress me with a rusty chainsaw, of course the two F430GTs I need are two I waited until last to buy! Oh well, at least I can say I got all but one of them (the 360 CS because I'm stupid and didn't realize I could have had an easy free one last month).

Next goal, Ferrari affinity to level 50! Gotta get a return on my investments here!

ihop
Jul 23, 2001
King of the Mexicans
If you're not in a hurry, I can send you at least one of the 430 racecars. I don't remember if I have both still, but I don't need them. Send a friend request to humpdumper and I'll try and gift them later tonight.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

ihop posted:

If you're not in a hurry, I can send you at least one of the 430 racecars. I don't remember if I have both still, but I don't need them. Send a friend request to humpdumper and I'll try and gift them later tonight.

Oh, I already got them. Just had to finally clear out all the abandoned project and one-use cars from my garage, that more than made up the difference to buy them both. Thanks for the offer though. :)

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I did a few laps in the Challenger rivals event. Hope you guys ain't mad. :v:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

L_Harrison posted:

Guess I have to do more than 2 consecutive laps to get a fast time now, I guess. :v:

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

L_Harrison posted:

... What time did you get?

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Sent a request to join AUGR as zata5665. Trying to get back into the swing of things after so many great games came out.

Also is there an easy way to find Racing Rampage to set him as a favorite or something?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Crossposting this in case you are a SAEG person and/or a Euro-timezone racer and want to take part in a series of montly BTCC-style, team-based endurance races:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3444350&pagenumber=16#post400538540

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
I love the track day rivals stuff. I wont last long, but I set the fastest AUGR time on the first 3 I think. I just like how the track days force you to focus the whole race, while the other single player modes are maybe 1 minute of trying to get through traffic, and then racing by yourself for the next 10 minutes.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Crossposting from GTCC:

Sockington is leaving us for a few weeks, so the specington for his temporary farewell race is as follows:

Sockington posted:

After some initial testing, the drag tires provide plenty of grip so the spec has been changed a bit to get some grease under those tires
Starting Car Class: E-Class
Finished Build P.I.: C424
Restrictions:
1. MUST use drag tires
2. NO Forza aero allowed. Bodykits encouraged.
3. No drivetrain swaps (UNLESS converting something to RWD)
4. Finished product must be RWD.
5. NO RACE suspension. Sport or less is allowed. Sway bars can be adjustable.

We'll do an endurance of 45minutes. That will allow for a proper warm-up race and lobby-sorting.

Track is TBD, but looks like Maple Valley Short Reverse is a possiblilty, as is Road Atlanta Full.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
God I love drag tires. The handling gets just loose enough to make every corner amazing without turning into a doriftu powerslide clusterfuck, and they actually wear down fast enough that you might end up pitting for a different reason than "getting rear-ended by some idiot" (I'm the idiot) - I was up to 15% tire wear after only 5 or 6 laps on Maple Valley.

Some good cars in that spec, too. This should be fun. There's even a no-aero rule, so the inevitable turn one shenanigans won't gently caress anyone over quite so badly.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
I built a RWD-swapped '94 Civic for the GTCC spec. It's pretty fantastic. Of course, the main sponsor is my "Rice Burner high-speed cookers" and most of the paint is covered with sponsorship vinyls.

I think TopHat or one of the other mods might have probated me on the GTCC forum or something- I can't post or reply. One of the mods may have misunderstood my poor attempt at humor, like what happened to someone else on a different forum...

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
Just finally got around to Rivals Fujimi Kaido in that Yaris from page 168 or 169.

I think that is my favorite car ever. It's just so planted, all the time.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

CaseFace McGee posted:

I built a RWD-swapped '94 Civic for the GTCC spec. It's pretty fantastic. Of course, the main sponsor is my "Rice Burner high-speed cookers" and most of the paint is covered with sponsorship vinyls.

I think TopHat or one of the other mods might have probated me on the GTCC forum or something- I can't post or reply. One of the mods may have misunderstood my poor attempt at humor, like what happened to someone else on a different forum...
I don't see any buttons to quote or post either. Just installed the new 10.0.0.1 Firefox patch. Could that have something to do with it?
Same in IE.

O no let me out of GTCC jail!!

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Woah double post, sorry!

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

CaseFace McGee posted:

I think one of the admins broke the forums, possibly in response to the Bolivian spambot problems that have occurred in the past or by being bad at computers.

I tried to avoid swapping anything, since that has ended in tears before (I had a RWD CRX that was just a disaster on Maple Valley back in the Forza 3 GTCC days), which resulted in a Wienermobile liveried Fiero. The first DLC car I've ever bought. actually.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Dr. Faustus posted:

I don't see any buttons to quote or post either. Just installed the new 10.0.0.1 Firefox patch. Could that have something to do with it?
Same in IE.

O no let me out of GTCC jail!!

I'm running IE8 and can't post, so it's not your browser. Probably what ANAmal.net said.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

ANAmal.net posted:

I think one of the admins broke the forums, possibly in response to the Bolivian spambot problems that have occurred in the past or by being bad at computers.

I tried to avoid swapping anything, since that has ended in tears before (I had a RWD CRX that was just a disaster on Maple Valley back in the Forza 3 GTCC days), which resulted in a Wienermobile liveried Fiero. The first DLC car I've ever bought. actually.

I'd just like to say that I made a RWD CRX and its much more stable in 4 than in 3. Its actually pretty drat good.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

ANAmal.net posted:

Oh no! I'm glad I checked this forum to read that I broke my other stupid forum. I'll work to fix that, sorry. Also I highlighted the correct assumption above.

Edit: Fixed the GTCC forum, somehow all posting permissions for regular members got nuked.

PeppysDilz fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 14, 2012

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I actually use drag tires on cars I would otherwise use sport compound on. They provide good grip on the tradeoff of mediocre responsiveness and high wear. They are most suited to. FR configuration cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I have created what I feel a fitting tribute to sockington. No, it's not a Bel-Air, I actually decided to go with something else (and will probably end up on my roof for it):

Sockington...

...your departure...

...is truely...

...a loss(.jpg)!

Anyways, it seems like my Ferrari GTO has actually been doing "well" compared to my other designs, so I'm going to shoot myself in the foot by posting it here:

It's a slightly tweeked version of the car I ran in GTCC last week. I've removed the GTCC labels (and the giant 'dilz' on the back) and replaced a few decals with either my own/unlocked decals. This is the original, what I ran with last week in GTCC:

• Locked thread