Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooot
Mar 19, 2001

I haven't changed poo poo on this car in years, but I did finally manage to shoot it under a blooming cherry blossom tree this week.

Here's an interior pic to keep it in the spirit of the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Mr.Peabody posted:

I like it better when the speedometer just doesn't seem to go far enough.

The Locator posted:

It's not *quite* there, but close!

Pfft, amateurs

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
The young and dumb days. I can't seem to find a non-edited version. :downs:
I'm giving her all she's got cap'n

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:
I'm gonna have to get a picture of pegging it...
Mine doesn't go very far, so the needle goes WAAY off the end of the speedometer if I find a straight stretch of road...

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Blooot posted:

I haven't changed poo poo on this car in years, but I did finally manage to shoot it under a blooming cherry blossom tree this week.

Here's an interior pic to keep it in the spirit of the times.

This is borderline erotic. I would just about die if I ever got my hands on one of these. Great car!

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Sockington posted:

The young and dumb days. I can't seem to find a non-edited version. :downs:
I'm giving her all she's got cap'n

.:SOCKINGTON:.
1997 Nissan Altima SE

Old forum sig I'm guessing? Made me laugh for some reason.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Super Aggro Crag posted:

.:SOCKINGTON:.
1997 Nissan Altima SE

Old forum sig I'm guessing? Made me laugh for some reason.

I actually think it was for some stupid SA thing cause I had this too;

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

D C posted:

Pfft, amateurs

docbaily
Mar 22, 2004

Tripsarly Fraotoc
'99 BMW M Coupe

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The clown shoe coupe!

content: My boss, next to my buddy at work's '09 GT500

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

:v: there reaches a point where it's too scaryrequires too much concentration to take a picture beyond it. I figure whenever we get to Germany after we move in a few weeks, I'll have the wife take a shot of the instrument cluster from the back seat or something.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I hit 120 in my Comanche a few weeks before I lifted it, and it had some acceleration left... I was afraid to go any faster.

It only does 103 now, because it can't maintain speed in 5th :( I need to upgrade my diff gears.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Only pegging out the speedometer? are you guys even trying?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

This count?

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

angryhampster posted:

This count?

I rather like this image. What was it captured with?

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

I recently had a bit of a upgrade.
Went from driving this almost every day and slowly killing the motor (was more a race car really):

To this:

Its nice having a radio I can actually hear and air con, not to mention the money savings on fuel.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
That was a loving nice Monaro. Details?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

thealphabetsez posted:

I rather like this image. What was it captured with?

Canon 5DmkII and a 35mm f/1.4 (I believe..can't remember).

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

angryhampster posted:

This count?

This image would be perfect if not for the dirty windshield :v:

stump
Jan 19, 2006

Powershift posted:

Only pegging out the speedometer? are you guys even trying?

drat. I once had a rental ford fiesta mk5 way off past the redline, and well off the end of the tacho in third gear. I struggle to believe it was accurate, either that or I think that little Yamaha sewing machine have hit about 9000-9500 rpm's and survived. Wish I had a photo, but I was making GBS threads bricks at the time!

shoeish
Aug 26, 2004
I love speedometer + acceleration videos, so I made my own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzHleUeEYRE

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

shoeish posted:

I was watching the analog speedo and thinking "that seems awfully slow" and realized it goes to 220 and saw the digital speedo and ohhh....yeah that's fast

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

shoeish posted:

loving launch control. :drat:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

MiniFoo posted:

loving launch control. :drat:

Unfortunately that can end up looking like this, with Nissan telling you to get bent on warranty:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

shoeish
Aug 26, 2004

Das Volk posted:

Unfortunately that can end up looking like this, with Nissan telling you to get bent on warranty:

It is a shame the early 2009's earned the GT-R that reputation. Launch control is supported and warrantied on the 2012's. If things are too hot, it goes into a "hey watch me do this autocross run in 5th gear" mode.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Splachnic Ganglion posted:

I recently had a bit of a upgrade.
Went from driving this almost every day and slowly killing the motor (was more a race car really):

To this:

Its nice having a radio I can actually hear and air con, not to mention the money savings on fuel.
I would've kept the Monaro, especially considering how much they are worth on the classic market

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

leica posted:

Nothing that can't be cloned out -- I'll put some work into it later.

Drint Blasters
Jul 1, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

That was a loving nice Monaro. Details?

Sure thing.
Genuine GTS, its a 80837 so not the Bathurst spec but did come with a V8.
Motor is a 383 with Dart heads, 750 DP carb, Yella Terra rockers, solid crane cam (can't remember the specs on it but it was lumpy to say the least), forged pistons with a compression of 11.2:1. Made about 400hp at the rear wheels, did a best of 11.7 at the drags. Has a 4 into 1 extractors and a cross over 3 inch exhaust system, was very loud. Drag spec Trimatic gearbox, was a manual valve body box which made like a sequential, parking was always a adventure. Ford 9 inch diff though stock axels which I should've upgraded.
Here's a youtube of the run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMltYEjVKU

You Am I posted:

I would've kept the Monaro, especially considering how much they are worth on the classic market

Indeed, I bought the car for $7500 in late 2003, a few months before the prices sky rocketed. I ended up selling it to my Dad so I'll get it back, eventually. I use to get blokes wanting to buy it off me quite often, one guy at a cruise I participated in had his check book in hand ready to go, 40k, I turned hime down. Policeman at a RBT wanted my phone number incase I ever sold it. Anyway, Old man and I are going to use it a drag car, race in the street series. Engine is getting a rebuild so once that is done we're good to go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Props to you for keeping it in the family.

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Splachnic Ganglion posted:

Sure thing.
Genuine GTS, its a 80837 so not the Bathurst spec but did come with a V8.
Motor is a 383 with Dart heads, 750 DP carb, Yella Terra rockers, solid crane cam (can't remember the specs on it but it was lumpy to say the least), forged pistons with a compression of 11.2:1. Made about 400hp at the rear wheels, did a best of 11.7 at the drags. Has a 4 into 1 extractors and a cross over 3 inch exhaust system, was very loud. Drag spec Trimatic gearbox, was a manual valve body box which made like a sequential, parking was always a adventure. Ford 9 inch diff though stock axels which I should've upgraded.
Here's a youtube of the run: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSMltYEjVKU

Indeed, I bought the car for $7500 in late 2003, a few months before the prices sky rocketed. I ended up selling it to my Dad so I'll get it back, eventually. I use to get blokes wanting to buy it off me quite often, one guy at a cruise I participated in had his check book in hand ready to go, 40k, I turned hime down. Policeman at a RBT wanted my phone number incase I ever sold it. Anyway, Old man and I are going to use it a drag car, race in the street series. Engine is getting a rebuild so once that is done we're good to go.

All these words, and that video make me happy.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

shoeish posted:

The fact that you're giggling makes me happy that people are buying this car and not pussyfooting about and enjoying the car. Good for you! It is hard not to envy that.

fossil005
Mar 7, 2005
Meant to go to Staples, somehow ended up at VW.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Yay track day. I've never had a car that could drive comfortably to the track, lower the tire psi a bit, pass M3 and corvettes left and right, and then drive home. 3 hours each way :( Still got pretty decent gas mileage considering I had my friend and his photography gear as well as my tools and some spare supplies.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
That looks like turn 5 at Thunderhill. Were you able to take turn 8 flat out by the time you were done?

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007
Unfortunately in the latter half of the afternoon, I spun going flat out in turn 8 and lost my confidence to take it flat out. I don't feel bad though because a very nicely setup 350Z which ran with me the same day, went again the next day and flipped a couple times on that exact same turn...

Going to turn my rotors and put in new Stoptech 309 pads. Should be up to snuff then.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

leica posted:

Finally got around to cloning/healing it out and making a couple other adjustments. Here's wallpaper size if anyone wants it (1920x1200):

http://i.imgur.com/DpTvB.jpg

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

EvilCrayon posted:

Unfortunately in the latter half of the afternoon, I spun going flat out in turn 8 and lost my confidence to take it flat out. I don't feel bad though because a very nicely setup 350Z which ran with me the same day, went again the next day and flipped a couple times on that exact same turn...

Going to turn my rotors and put in new Stoptech 309 pads. Should be up to snuff then.

Yeah that turn is fun but can be very tricky if you get it wrong. Eventually you just know if you're entering it correctly and can keep the throttle open. It's a fun turn too because once you get it down you can gain huge amounts on other cars who don't have it figured out yet. Same with turn 1 at Infineon.

_firehawk
Sep 12, 2004
Are we still doing interior shots?

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Das Volk posted:

Terribly sorry, but 2012 and 2011 GTR's do not suffer from the same issues, I'm pretty sure that doing the same thing on a teutonic perfect M3 would do something very similar.

BMW told my friend not only to get bent on his "warranty" (for his 2011 M3 which he launched about oh, say 4 times in the span of 4 months, keeping all the care and after the break in period) but to basically kill himself.

The New GTR's basically tell you to cool down before you lauch it again if the oil gets too hot, this whole "LOL GTR LAUNCH TRANS DIE LOL" is getting old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.
I'm a Subbie Fan for LIFE!

old dashboard (Legacy B4 RSK)

sold dashboard (Lancia Delta Integrale)

new dashboard: (Legacy GT)