Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

miryei
Oct 11, 2011
Thank you cardboardRobot and DeYoung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Rufus En Fuego posted:

This is why I think the USPS is slow, because I know I sent you a card.

Edit: Creepytines are gonna be late. I've been having cat drama, but expect them soon!

:ohdear: I hope it gets here. I hate when goonlove goes to waste.

Hey lamb, Shoozy is sending out Valentines, but I think she must've gotten bumped off the list.

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 12, 2012

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?

miryei posted:

Thank you DeYoung

Yeaaaaa!!!! I was wondering about that!

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Thermophonic Joy posted:

:ohdear: I hope it gets here. I hate when goonlove goes to waste.

Hey lamb, Shoozy is sending out Valentines, but I think she must've gotten bumped off the list.

That's not a name I have for this thread :confused:

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

lamb posted:

That's not a name I have for this thread :confused:

Oh, I completely forgot about the other thread. Maybe she's from there. Sorry! :cry:

Skels
Jul 11, 2006
Thanks for the Valentines and the recipe, Rufus En Fuego! I'm excited about Pudding Day.

Returning the favour very soon.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
HyperHazard sent me an awesome postcard from Baltimore with an even more awesome drawing! :neckbeard:

However, I have a bone to pick with you, Hypes (in a good way of course). Your writing is nearly identical to mine. When I got the card, I had to check to make sure it wasn't something that was sent back to me. Have you been cloning my writing in a bid for world domination?

I'm flattered. :3:

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
To everyone who sent goon mail- THANK YOU! :) It made my day and makes dealing with stupid joint problems and thesis work a lot better.

Sent a bunch of stuff out today. I also learned today that Forever stamps aren't affected by the price change- they're good "forever." At least that's what my post guy told me. I got a few cards with a Forever + penny stamps, so maybe I'm not the only one who didn't know.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cuntvalet posted:

HyperHazard sent me an awesome postcard from Baltimore with an even more awesome drawing! :neckbeard:

However, I have a bone to pick with you, Hypes (in a good way of course). Your writing is nearly identical to mine. When I got the card, I had to check to make sure it wasn't something that was sent back to me. Have you been cloning my writing in a bid for world domination?

I'm flattered. :3:
drat! You've foiled my nefarious scheme! :argh:

Everyone send me more hand-written cards. I need to analyze them for.....science.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

drat! You've foiled my nefarious scheme! :argh:

Everyone send me more hand-written cards. I need to analyze them for.....science.

Seriously, I keep looking at it and it's freaking me out. O.O

Tragedy Sherbert
Dec 16, 2011
The tragedy is it's not ice cream
Over the weekend I received many wonderful Goonentines and made up more to send out. Unfortunately, the cold snap up here made getting the mail out difficult, so they may be late. :ohdear:

Big thank yous to Rufus en Fuego (soo making that pudding on the 17th. It sounds so yummy!), IMJack, Pandora13 and wildlifeatlas for their lovely little bundles of goon love! It really made a bad weekend awesome!

topenga
Jul 1, 2003
I wanted to thank everyone who has sent me stuff. I don't hit this thread often and I felt kinda bad for not checking in. I sent a batch of *ahem* holiday cards this morning. Not in time for "jesus christ look at all this pink and red and chocolate" day, but they are on their way.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Tragedy Sherbert posted:

Over the weekend I received many wonderful Goonentines and made up more to send out. Unfortunately, the cold snap up here made getting the mail out difficult, so they may be late. :ohdear:

Big thank yous to Rufus en Fuego (soo making that pudding on the 17th. It sounds so yummy!), IMJack, Pandora13 and wildlifeatlas for their lovely little bundles of goon love! It really made a bad weekend awesome!

I too got Rufus en Fuego's love pudding recipe.. viva las vegas!

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Locutus of Bald posted:

My dad, 5 minutes ago while I was opening today's mail: "Team Lunch? Is that like, a Twilight thing or something?"

Thanks for the sweet Valentine, Team Lunch!

This is brilliant! If only I could find a TEAM LUNCH shirt to wear whenever a new Twilight film comes out . . .

Sorry I have been so far behind in posting- but I'm making up for it now! Here's all the wonderful goonentines I've received:

13Pandora13 sent me a CD FULL Of photos of Chicago- I had lost all my photos when my old computer died years ago- Thank you sooooo much!! :)

Becktastic sent a card and STICKERS!

CardboardRobot sent robots, origami, and a hand made card!

Handmade cards from Devi Electro and Mizufusion!

I asked myself, 'What does my apartment need more of?' and the answer apparently is roaches. Thanks, DeYoung! PS: Also thanks for the stamped postcard! If you want me to draw you something just let me know :)

The Genesplicers sent a lovely handmade heart :h:

GonzoRonin sent stickers, ponies, and an invite to a burlesque show!

IMJack sent a penguin poem, 20inch sent Hannah Montanna and an octopus!

Rufus En Fuego sent an amazing robot and Unicorn Semen (I wonder what will happen if I snort it . . .), Andaley sent stickers! I think the candy is from Cardboard Robot, but got mixed in with this picture.

Skels sent all the Australia that could fit into on envelope! And a friendship bracelet! :australia:

I just re-read this post and it seems like I used a bit too many exclamation points- but that's just how happy receiving Goonmail makes me :3: Thank all of you so much! I hope you all have a great Valentine's Day! :h:

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.
:siren:ATTENTION GOONS:siren:

Life got crazy for a while, so not only am I sending a bunch of valentines late, but I'm not sure who I have and have not reciprocated valentines to.

If you have sent me a valentine and are not on this list or have not received one from me, please let me know and I'll send you one. :)

Valentine replies going out tomorrow:

lamb
OfF KiLTeR
Dangereuse&Count Drunkula

New Valentines going out tomorrow:

cardboardRobot
Morpheus
piratescurvy
cuntvalet
wildlifeatlas
Four Banger
XeeD

:siren:Team Lunch and Gridlok:siren:

The post office is retarded and sent your mail back to me, I think because they thought that's where it was going (the envelopes are a bit weird). So your responses are still on their way; I haven't forgot about you. :ohdear:

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Special thanks to the Goons who have sent me things over the past few days. Long story short, I've been dealing with some personal issues over the past few weeks, so these have done well to cheer me up. Just today, in fact, I received awesome goodies from imjack, the Genesplicers, and Rufus en Fuego .

Everyone's generosity makes me a very happy Goon.

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010

Famine Poodle posted:

New Valentines going out tomorrow:

cardboardRobot
Morpheus
piratescurvy
cuntvalet
wildlifeatlas
Four Banger
XeeD

This makes me incredibly happy. I haven't received anything for awhile and my life just got incredibly stressful so some goon mail would be highly appreciated. So thank you in advance.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

Because I'm a terrible procrastinator (and my arm was going to fall off...) the following Venturetines receivers will be getting belated Venturetines:

Thermophonic Joy
-D-
Mizufusion
Team Lunch
Unexpected Road
FahQ

Then I'm starting into randomified mail, and watching out for birthdays.

Hope everybody has been enjoying their Venturetines thus far!

meriruka
Apr 13, 2007

Thanks to Rufus en Fuego, lamb & IMJack ! Really brightened up an otherwise crappy day.
Have got a few more to send today even though they're late.......

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Adorable cards from Mizufusion and IMJack! They made me "Awww!" and "Ahhh!" in succession. Thank you! :)

I still owe a bunch of you reciprocating cards. Sorry for the wait!

Devi Electro
Oct 13, 2008

Everything is lovely.
I want to say thanks to Lamb, Aunt Buck, Rufus en Fuego, Team Lunch, Becktastic and IM Jack for their Valentines! It's crazy that you guys don't know me but managed to send things I absolutely love!

Team Lunch: I love the Magic Eye postcard. I haven't seen those things in forever.

Lamb: I love the Hello Kitty stickers and the Fortune Fish. I love magical novelty gifts!

Becktastic: Love, Love, LOVE Red Hots! Those are my favorites! I also enjoyed the inflatable balloon that you have to punch. It was, uh, very cathartic. :mmmhmm: I also liked the frocked monkey sticker which is the one hyperhazard has. It's really velvety!

Rufus en Fuego: I love pudding. I'm going to try out that recipe!

Aunt Buck: I love the Hello Kitty Valentine. I notice it reads "Purple" on the back. How do you know it's one of my favorite colors? :tinfoil:

IM Jack: I, uh, love drugs poetry. Thank you so much for the poem!

For those of you who have sent me things but did not get anything in return, I will send you something for St. Patrick's. This has been really fun! It really has helped brighten up an otherwise blah day. :)

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you Lamb for the envelope full of valentines goodness. The little stitched heart was especially lovely.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
I got a bunch of awesome goodies from a ton of people today! Well, to be fair, it's probably been coming in for the last week or so, but I can only manage to get to my PO box once a week, so...

Anyway, big thanks to Devi Electro, IMJack, AuntBuck, Ruby Sprinkles, when worlds collide, wildlifeatlas, hyperhazard, Mizufusion and 20inch!

Speaking of 20inch :colbert:

Can someone figure out where the hell I went wrong?

I've had this happen with perfectly legit addresses before, and just chalked it up to the USPS being lazy, but this bothers me. Wasted a perfectly good scientist stamp.

First round of creepytines going out tomorrow! :toot:

Edit: OMFG you guys this is hand drawn

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Feb 15, 2012

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"
I got Valentine cards full of awesome sutff from:
The Genesplicers

And lamb

Also bad news, the other day the postman said he tossed 2 letters over the fence, and I couldn't find them, probably got stolen.
So I apologize to those 2 goons I won't answer :(.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well, I found out why noone's gotten anything!

Apparently I forgot all of the stamps. It took this long to get back to me. I am literally retarded. They'll be out again.. :doh: sooner rather than later.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Speaking of 20inch :colbert:

Can someone figure out where the hell I went wrong?

I've had this happen with perfectly legit addresses before, and just chalked it up to the USPS being lazy, but this bothers me. Wasted a perfectly good scientist stamp.

The letter I'd sent to 20inch's address was also returned to me, today. It was stamped Attempted: Not Known.

It's probably for the best, since the envelope had become all sorts of messed up in transit and the goodies inside were pretty much destroyed. :ohdear:

DeYoung
Nov 22, 2003
What up ho?

Team Lunch posted:

DeYoung! PS: Also thanks for the stamped postcard! If you want me to draw you something just let me know :)

Postcard is all yours! Do with it what you will or keep it. I don't care!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Pillory Soft posted:

The letter I'd sent to 20inch's address was also returned to me, today. It was stamped Attempted: Not Known.

It's probably for the best, since the envelope had become all sorts of messed up in transit and the goodies inside were pretty much destroyed. :ohdear:

Got this in the mail today. Apparently the front half of your Christmas goonmail envelope is the only thing that arrived in Baltimore, and so they mailed it back to me. :confused:

Sorry! It's from way back in December some time, so I can't even remember what was in there other than a card, and maybe some stickers. I sent you a Goonentine too, so I hope that got to you.

You're on the top of my list for the next mail outs! Gonna use a poo poo tonne of tape on the next one so it stays in one drat piece. :argh:

Thermophonic Joy fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 29, 2017

miryei
Oct 11, 2011

Pillory Soft posted:

The Christmas card I tried to send to 20inch also bounced.

Thank you IMJack and Pillory Soft! I got your cards today and it made the day suck less :) Pictures later if I can find my camera.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I haven't been keeping up with this thread. I'm glad my crappy low-effort valentines are reaching people safely. Note to self, if I want to another round of high-effort Christmas cards, I should probably get started in August or thereabouts.

Anyway, I owe some thank-yous to some folks. Niemat (and husband), DeYoung, 13Pandora13, lamb, and Thain, thank you all for the valentines! Rufus en Fuego, thank you for the National Indian Pudding Day card! Slime Sanction thank you for the Christmas card!

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

miryei posted:

The Christmas card I tried to send to 20inch also bounced.

Mine bounced too, just got it back a few days ago. Typical military mail service. I also had a few valentines returned for not enough postage, so some of you will be getting things a bit late. Sorry :(

I do want to thank IMJack, the KoL card is awesome, I've been playing that forever, and Becktastic for the magnet game, and whenworldscollide, I loved the faerie card.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Got this in the mail today. Apparently the front half of your Christmas goonmail envelope is the only thing that arrived in Baltimore, and so they mailed it back to me. :confused:

Sorry! It's from way back in December some time, so I can't even remember what was in there other than a card, and maybe some stickers. I sent you a Goonentine too, so I hope that got to you.

You're on the top of my list for the next mail outs! Gonna use a poo poo tonne of tape on the next one so it stays in one drat piece. :argh:

Man, someone working at a Post Office in Maryland somewhere must really hate holiday mail. :argh:

Thankfully, your Goonentine made it in one piece, and I enjoy it immensely!

About half of the mail with just Pillory Soft on it was apparently being returned, which was brought to my attention by a couple of goons in the thread. I called the Post Office to let them know that the letters with the funny name on them were really for me, but it'd probably be a good idea to use "C. Booth" or include a "c/o C. Booth" line under my handle just in case.

Pillory Soft fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Feb 15, 2012

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

Pillory Soft posted:

Man, someone working at a Post Office in Maryland somewhere must really hate holiday mail. :argh:

Thankfully, your Goonentine made it in one piece, and I enjoy it immensely!

About half of the mail with just Pillory Soft on it was apparently being returned, which was brought to my attention by a couple of goons in the thread. I called the Post Office to let them know that the letters with the funny name on them were really for me, but it'd probably be a good idea to use "C. Booth" or include a "c/o C. Booth" line under my handle just in case.

Sure, I can do that. Does the C stand for Cutiepie? :3:

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Pillory Soft posted:

One of those might have been mine. I have a usual crowd that I send to, but I wanted to branch out a bit this time, and yours was one of the new names I chose. So one might have been from me. That is very strange that your mailperson would just throw your mail over a fence. Neither hail, nor sleet nor snow? I'll try and resend something. :)

I was wondering if anyone was getting my mail. I sent 30odd over the past three weeks and like 4 people have received them. I hope I didn't gently caress up the postage or something.

Thank you finitejoy! Adorable card and I loved your fly, he's so cute. Did you draw the little ferret? He is soooo cute too. I have a thing for ferrets, I think they're adorable.

Thank you soooooooo much for my unicorn semen, my dear Rufus en Fiego! I was so happy because I was really coveting it when I saw the photos of other folks ones. Does that sound bad? Probably. I can't wait to make the pudding, it sounds tasty as hell. Maybe after a vindaloo.

I'll quite likely be sending more valentine's out over the next week or so, hope nobody minds if they get a late one. As usual I'm not horribly efficient, but I eventually get it done. :sun:

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"

when worlds collide posted:

Thank you soooooooo much for my unicorn semen, my dear Rufus en Fiego! I was so happy because I was really coveting it when I saw the photos of other folks ones. Does that sound bad? Probably. I can't wait to make the pudding, it sounds tasty as hell. Maybe after a vindaloo.

Aw! I'm glad you got what you wanted. I sent out heart-shaped balloons and finger puppets as well, so there was a chance you'd get one of those instead. I'm thrilled it worked out.

That pudding, by the way, is delicious.

Food holidays are kind of My Thing, so don't be surprised if any mail in future is some random holiday no one's heard of accompanied by a recipe no one's ever heard of.

Happy National Gumdrop Day, everyone!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Yesterday, a veritable avalanche of goonentines fell from my mailbox! Wow! I'll be posting thanks and pictures later on, when I bring my camera back from work.

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Thermophonic Joy posted:

Sure, I can do that. Does the C stand for Cutiepie? :3:

It actually stands for "a character from a sci-fi novel whose name my parents thought was really cool at the time". ;-*

when worlds collide posted:

One of those might have been mine. I have a usual crowd that I send to, but I wanted to branch out a bit this time, and yours was one of the new names I chose. So one might have been from me. That is very strange that your mailperson would just throw your mail over a fence. Neither hail, nor sleet nor snow? I'll try and resend something.

I believe it was Palette Swap whose mailperson did this. You can certainly send me stuff if you want, though!

Palette Swap posted:

Also bad news, the other day the postman said he tossed 2 letters over the fence, and I couldn't find them, probably got stolen.
So I apologize to those 2 goons I won't answer.

Why would anyone (especially a post office employee) think that this was an appropriate way to deliver a person's mail?

Palette swap
Mar 29, 2010

"There is a professional misconduct hearing over here with your name on it"

Pillory Soft posted:

Why would anyone (especially a post office employee) think that this was an appropriate way to deliver a person's mail?
Chileans aren't good workers, and postal workers are especially bad, postmen charge what they want to deliver your mail, and some years ago here in Valparaiso one tossed thousands of letters and packages down a cliff because he was too lazy to deliver them.

when worlds collide
Mar 7, 2007

my feet firmly planted
on what, I do not know

Pillory Soft posted:

It actually stands for "a character from a sci-fi novel whose name my parents thought was really cool at the time". ;-*

I believe it was Palette Swap whose mailperson did this. You can certainly send me stuff if you want, though!

Oh hell, I'm an idiot. Thank you for pointing that out, if I haven't sent one already for you (I have an actual paper 'sent' list), you're next on my list. :)

I know I sent one to Chile, so yeah it was probably Palette Swap. I thought I sent one to you as well, hmm. Must check.

(notwithstanding the fact that I TOTALLY QUOTED THE WRONG loving POST ARGH)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillory Soft
Mar 9, 2004

Palette swap posted:

Chileans aren't good workers, and postal workers are especially bad, postmen charge what they want to deliver your mail, and some years ago here in Valparaiso one tossed thousands of letters and packages down a cliff because he was too lazy to deliver them.

:drat:

when worlds collide - No worries, stuff happens. :) Both of our forum names have P and S in them, so perhaps that could have caused the confusion?