Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Concatenation posted:

If you guys are keen to hear the new Napalm Death album: I co-host a weekly extreme metal show on https://www.thepitfm.com called The Blast Zone, and this Friday (Thursday evening in the US/CA) we'll be playing it in it's entirety. I've only given it one spin so far but it hasn't disappointed me, Barney's vocal delivery is more diverse than ever and there are some great nods to old school hardcore punk amidst the groovy riff fest. Also, a saxophone.

Anyway tune in if you're keen and maybe throw a request or two my way for next week.

Australian WST: Fridays 9am-12, repeats 7pm-10pm
UTC: Fridays 1am-4am, repeats 11am-2pm
US CST: Thursdays 7pm-10pm repeats Fridays 5am-8am

(hopefully not too shameless a plug)

I thoroughly consumed and digested that album for over a month, and I am still not tired of "Utilitarian." It is a loving masterpiece from beginning to end. I was finally able to post my review of it earlier this morning, so go here to read it.

It will more than likely be the only time I give that good of a score in the next few years.

Seriously, listen to this guys radio show so you can experience the grinding power that is Napalm Death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
X-posted from the Doom thread:

Wanted to share some information about a new compilation being released today by Satanik Recordings.

It's entitled Swamp Abyss Sorcery and it contains some of the finest examples of independent heaviness native to Florida in recent history.

Bands included are: Shroud Eater, Druid Lord, Fatal, Hollow Leg(ex-Bloodlet), Orbweaver(ex-Hate Eternal), Flyingsnakes, Hot Graves, Party Time, Extremely Rotten, Holly Hunt(ex-Floor), and my band: Fire in the Cave.

Click here for a free download of the comp!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Elrond Hubbard posted:

Odd question, but does anyone have the lyrics for Gallowbraid's 'Ashen Eidolon' album?

I would like to know this as well, the lyrics sound hypnotic but gently caress if i can make out what's being said.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
With all the tour talk earlier, and after I started up my site, I've realized that - holy gently caress - there are way more metal tours coming up than I thought.

Tours I don't think that were mentioned earlier:

Devildriver, The Faceless, Dying Fetus, Job For A Cowboy, 3 Inches Of Blood, Impending Doom, Wretched

Overkill, God Forbid, Diamond Plate, Suidakra

Crowbar, Prong

Deicide, Jungle Rot, Abigail Williams, Lecherous Nocturne

Corrosion Of Conformity, Torche, Valient Thorr, A Storm Of Light

and High On Fire, Darkest Hour, Nachtmystium, Intronaut, Black Tusk, Holy Grail, Monstro all at the South By South Death (SXSW) thing.

All of which I put up on here http://metalplague.com/

(I know there are a lot more active metal goons on here who actually do interviews and know what's up all the time, so I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes by doing this site. I'm just trying to have one all-inclusive site for metal tour dates and nothing more.)

Madox
Oct 25, 2004
Recedite, plebes!

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I'm just trying to have one all-inclusive site for metal tour dates and nothing more.)

It will be great to have one tourdate aggregate site. For the Toronto, Ontario area I mainly check this promoter site to find concerts. They have a few tours listed that you are missing (not just local concerts).

http://www.inertia-entertainment.com/

Madox fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 14, 2012

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Cool thanks for the heads up. Hopefully this site will be worth it in the long run.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 22, 2016

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

With all the tour talk earlier, and after I started up my site, I've realized that - holy gently caress - there are way more metal tours coming up than I thought.

Tours I don't think that were mentioned earlier:

Devildriver, The Faceless, Dying Fetus, Job For A Cowboy, 3 Inches Of Blood, Impending Doom, Wretched

Overkill, God Forbid, Diamond Plate, Suidakra

Crowbar, Prong

Deicide, Jungle Rot, Abigail Williams, Lecherous Nocturne

Corrosion Of Conformity, Torche, Valient Thorr, A Storm Of Light

and High On Fire, Darkest Hour, Nachtmystium, Intronaut, Black Tusk, Holy Grail, Monstro all at the South By South Death (SXSW) thing.

All of which I put up on here http://metalplague.com/

(I know there are a lot more active metal goons on here who actually do interviews and know what's up all the time, so I hope I'm not stepping on anybody's toes by doing this site. I'm just trying to have one all-inclusive site for metal tour dates and nothing more.)

I've never been good at keeping track of tour dates, so I think your site is definitely going to come in handy. Already bookmarked it.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Turk February posted:

I've never been good at keeping track of tour dates, so I think your site is definitely going to come in handy. Already bookmarked it.

Awesome thanks.

I feel like I'm plugging too much already but I'm just going to put out that it publishes to http://www.facebook.com/metalplague, http://www.twitter.com/_metalplague, and http://metalplague.tumblr.com so it makes it easier to follow.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IRON MAIDEN NA TOUR!!!

quote:

Following the massively successful Final Frontier World Tour 2010-11, IRON MAIDEN are back on the road this summer with a series of Arena, Amphitheatre and Festival shows in the U.S.A. and Canada, opening in Charlotte, NC, U.S.A. on June 21, and finishing in Houston, TX, on Aug 18 (dates listed below), to be followed by further dates around the World in 2013. The MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR will closely mirror, in terms of production and content, the original 1988 concert video of the same name, shot on the “Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son Tour”. This opening section of the World Tour is the band’s most extensive visit to North America for many years and includes a number of cities the band have not played in a very long time, such as Charlotte, Atlanta, Buffalo, Indianapolis and Salt Lake City.

*Maiden England 1988 Longform Video VHS Tracklisting
Moonchild, The Evil That Men Do, The Prisoner, Still Life, Die With Your Boots On, Infinite Dreams, Killers, Can I Play With Madness, Heaven Can Wait, Wasted Years, The Clairvoyant, Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son, The Number Of The Beast, Hallowed Be Thy Name, Iron Maiden.

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES:

21st June - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
23rd June - Atlanta, GA - Aarons Amphitheatre
26th June - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
27th June - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
29th June - Philadelphia, PI - Susquehanna Bank Center
30th June - Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
2nd July - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
5th July - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank
8th July - Quebec, QC - Colisee Pepsi Arena
11th July - Montreal, QC - Bell Center
13th July - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
14th July - Sarnia, ON - Bayfest
16th July - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
18th July - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Theatre
19th July - Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Centre
24th July - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
26th July - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
27th July - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
29th July - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
30th July - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
1st August - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
3rd August - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
6th August - Phoenix, AZ - Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
9th August - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
12th August - Albuquerque. NM - Hard Rock Pavilion
13th August - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
15th August - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
17th August - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
18th August - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Vintersorg posted:

IRON MAIDEN NA TOUR!!!

MAIDEN ENGLAND 2012 TOUR DATES:

21st June - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
23rd June - Atlanta, GA - Aarons Amphitheatre
26th June - Boston, MA - Comcast Center
27th June - Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach
29th June - Philadelphia, PI - Susquehanna Bank Center
30th June - Washington, DC - Jiffy Lube Live
2nd July - Newark, NJ - Prudential Center
8th July - Quebec, QC - Colisee Pepsi Arena
11th July - Montreal, QC - Bell Center
13th July - Toronto, ON - Molson Amphitheatre
14th July - Sarnia, ON - Bayfest
16th July - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
18th July - Detroit, MI - DTE Music Theatre
19th July - Indianapolis, IN - Klipsch Music Centre
24th July - Winnipeg, MB - MTS Center
26th July - Calgary, AB - Scotiabank Saddledome
27th July - Edmonton, AB - Rexall Place
29th July - Vancouver, BC - Pacific Coliseum
30th July - Auburn, WA - White River Amphitheatre
1st August - Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre
3rd August - San Francisco, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre
6th August - Phoenix, AZ - Ashley Furniture HomeStore Pavilion
9th August - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
12th August - Albuquerque. NM - Hard Rock Pavilion
13th August - Denver, CO - Comfort Dental Amphitheatre
15th August - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center
17th August - Dallas, TX - Gexa Energy Pavilion
18th August - Houston, TX - The Woodlands

YES!!! I was so disappointed when they toured with Dream Theater and didn't come anywhere near Atlanta. Hopefully I will be able to secure that week for vacation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Very Special Guest Alice Cooper to July 21, Coheed and Cambria after July 21.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Vintersorg posted:

IRON MAIDEN NA TOUR!!!

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

I had to get a new avatar eventually.

<--- Also, my son's birthday is on the 3rd of July, so perfect.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Definitely gonna be hitting up the Jones Beach date. Maiden shows are the poo poo.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Vintersorg posted:

Sucks to be on the west coast.

Going to make the DC date happen!

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

Not even close to where I live. Why is the midwest so big :negative:

Bruce Boxliker
Mar 24, 2010

Gils posted:

You and me both, man. Seriously considering roadtripping for this, who knows how many years Maiden has left in 'em.

Velocirocktor
Oct 18, 2006

And it's just a little bit of Cretaceous Castle Magic
Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper at one show is the most effective pro-elderly event I can think of

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Vintersorg posted:

I saw Alice Cooper last summer when he performed at the Odyssey Arena in between Thin Lizzy and Def Leppard. Admittedly I'd gone for the headliner (since I'm a hopeless melodic slush-rock fan), but there's no question that Alice Cooper stole the show.

I'm not sure if he's still interpolating "Another Brick In the Wall" into "School's Out"; it's a nice touch. He did that when I saw him, and it cracked me up.

Phobophile
May 19, 2004

The new Sigh album needs to loving leak already. I WANT IT NOW

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
gently caress YEAH. Me and my buddy are at the Atlanta show.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Gils posted:

Yeah, they skipped Ohio completely, so looks like I'll be heading up to Detroit for that show. Maybe this is what I can get my friend as a gift for his wedding...

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Do you guys know any good death metal forums / blogs? I wanna talk and read about Psyrcoptic's new album somewhere, and find other stuff like it. SA has kinda ruined other forums for me though, and kids talking about music can be especially bad.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Any interesting shows coming to Vancouver, BC in the next few weeks or so?

I want to take a mini-vacation up there, and if I can catch a show, all the better. I don't care how small the place is - in fact, the smaller the better. I'd like to catch a show that's some underground band with a zillion local openers I've never heard of in some random bar, rather than the huge megaproduction that Iron Maiden is going to be in a few months. Not that really picky when it comes to genre, but I like Black and Folk metal way more than, say Thrash or Power metal.

Saturday nights preferred, but I could do Friday nights as well. If Vancouver, BC has a local metal forum/board that I can check out, that might be the best. Thanks!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Not from Vancouver but check this basic listing:

http://www.pollstar.com/resultsCity.aspx?ID=63586&SortBy=Date&SearchBy=vancouver

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Metal Loaf posted:

I saw Alice Cooper last summer when he performed at the Odyssey Arena in between Thin Lizzy and Def Leppard. Admittedly I'd gone for the headliner (since I'm a hopeless melodic slush-rock fan), but there's no question that Alice Cooper stole the show.

I'm not sure if he's still interpolating "Another Brick In the Wall" into "School's Out"; it's a nice touch. He did that when I saw him, and it cracked me up.

I saw him way back in middle school and he put on such an amazing loving performance. Probably still the single most fun show in that way that I've attended.

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

Qu Appelle posted:

Any interesting shows coming to Vancouver, BC in the next few weeks or so?

I want to take a mini-vacation up there, and if I can catch a show, all the better. I don't care how small the place is - in fact, the smaller the better. I'd like to catch a show that's some underground band with a zillion local openers I've never heard of in some random bar, rather than the huge megaproduction that Iron Maiden is going to be in a few months. Not that really picky when it comes to genre, but I like Black and Folk metal way more than, say Thrash or Power metal.

Saturday nights preferred, but I could do Friday nights as well. If Vancouver, BC has a local metal forum/board that I can check out, that might be the best. Thanks!

https://www.bloodredmetalheads.com

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Awesome. I think I've been there before, the site looks familiar!

And I found an event that looks fun: http://www.facebook.com/events/318119901565388/

ARCHSPIRE presents: bonerjams 2012 with guests; AUROCH, GALDRA. PRECIOUS DUDES.

Bonerjams! 2012!

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 17, 2012

ethan
Dec 16, 2004

Qu Appelle posted:

Awesome. I think I've been there before, the site looks familiar!

And I found an event that looks fun: http://www.facebook.com/events/318119901565388/

ARCHSPIRE presents: bonerjams 2012 with guests; AUROCH, GALDRA. PRECIOUS DUDES.

Bonerjams! 2012!

Haha yeah, Auroch and Archspire are always good. The show the night before that with Mendozza/Weirding/Psilocybin is going to be awesome too.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

ethan posted:

Haha yeah, Auroch and Archspire are always good. The show the night before that with Mendozza/Weirding/Psilocybin is going to be awesome too.

Nice. However, I may only have energy for the Saturday show.

And Vintersorg, thanks for the link! I looked at it, but nothing on the weekend I want to travel up to.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Velocirocktor posted:

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper at one show is the most effective pro-elderly event I can think of

Hey, I saw that exact combo in Norway last year and what do you know, it loving rocked, the old man can still do his job. (Iron Maiden, of course, have this Picture of Dorian Gray thing going on where they don't age at all except for Nicko McBrain who gets uglier each year, soon he will be able to take over the on-stage Eddie job.)

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
Looks like Black Sabbath is cancelling the majority of their shows in Europe.

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/black-sabbath-cancel-all-dates-except-download/

Instead, it'll be Ozzy and Friends!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I work/intern at a small recording studio, and I get to meet a former member of Megadeth later today. I know there's a bunch of them, and this guy might have only been there as a session musician on The System Has Failed... but it's still kind of neat and I'm excited!

It's one of the Jimmys that's been in Megadeth, I haven't been given a last name yet and I don't know why I'm posting about this, but if I get the chance I'm going to ask one or two dumb questions about the band/Mustaine, without a doubt.

:toot:

Magnitogorsk.
Nov 14, 2004

Global warming is barely a big deal at all compared to the trajectory we used to be on. We'll have to do a lot of environmental engineering projects along certain shorelines and it will be a little warmer and wetter in some places, big fucking deal.
I can't believe I'd never heard of Sigh before. This band is amazing

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
I don't know how many people here are Decapitated fans, but this video is making the rounds-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIoW35319lU

For anyone who may not know, when Decapitated had the bus accident that killed Vitek, Covan(then vocalist) was extremley injured as well. Since the insurance companies delayed service to Covan because the accident was in Russia, the injuries we're left to long and he was left extremely handicapped. It is somewhat possible for him to recover, but it is extremely costly on his family(E4000 per treatment, of which he needs many). Please try and donate to the cause as this is definetly a person who does not deserve what happened to him. And if you can, go see Decapitated on tour as some proceeds will go to Covan.

e- There's English subtitles available. This is pretty hard to watch at some points.

thepitgoddess fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 17, 2012

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

thepitgoddess posted:

I don't know how many people here are Decapitated fans, but this video is making the rounds-

For anyone who may not know, when Decapitated had the bus accident that killed Vitek, Covan(then vocalist) was extremley injured as well. Since the insurance companies delayed service to Covan because the accident was in Russia, the injuries we're left to long and he was left extremely handicapped. It is somewhat possible for him to recover, but it is extremely costly on his family(E4000 per treatment, of which he needs many). Please try and donate to the cause as this is definetly a person who does not deserve what happened to him. And if you can, go see Decapitated on tour as some proceeds will go to Covan.

e- There's English subtitles available. This is pretty hard to watch at some points.

I watched this a couple days ago and it's just sad as all hell. Not only was Vitek (Vogg's brother) taken in such a horrific way, but for it to basically leave Covan in a severely hosed up state is awful, too.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Iced Earth killed it last night. Seeing Dante's Inferno live is something else.

Also, Symphony X is killer and Michael Romeo is loving insane.

Stoo
Dec 29, 2004
SHART MY JORTS

420 shart jorts everyday

thepitgoddess posted:

This is absolutely heartbreaking. It's such a shame that the current incarnation of Decapitated isn't a patch on how they were with Covan and Vitek. I slung a donation his way - given how much I've loved Organic Hallucinosis over the years, it kind of felt apt.

In other news, the new Goatwhore album is fantastic. For anyone that also really loved 'Carving....', it's basically more of the same. Really recommend it.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Stoo posted:

In other news, the new Goatwhore album is fantastic. For anyone that also really loved 'Carving....', it's basically more of the same. Really recommend it.

They got kinda bland and broad on "Carving" for me, and I loved the first three records a whole lot, so to hear they've plateaued is disappointing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thepitgoddess posted:

Jesus christ.... jesus christ.... :( I had no idea he was that bad. :( I couldn't bear watching it for too long. That's not how any man should live. Honored to have seen them both live but man... that is not right. I'm way to upset right now.