Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The best cat story is the one where Bryan talks about how he could teach his cats how to run the ropes better than Kelly Kelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Karmine posted:

The best cat story is the one where Bryan talks about how he could teach his cats how to run the ropes better than Kelly Kelly.

Pretty much any rant on Kelly running the ropes is hilarious, though that focus seems to have switched to Velvet Sky lately.

My favourite cat story is by far the one where one of them (Snorki I think) fell from the top of the stairs and just stared like she had no idea what just happened, then went back to running around again. I was in drat tears listening to that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

I like how the earliest pages of this thread has everybody talking about how much they love Alvarez and now everybody hates him.
I still love Alvarez. I especially love his cat updates. I don't know why, but I find them hilarious.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

njsykora posted:

Pretty much any rant on Kelly running the ropes is hilarious, though that focus seems to have switched to Velvet Sky lately.

Well Kelly has sort of fallen off the radar.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Velvet Sky was his original rope running obsession anyway.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first 10 minutes of the new B&V show are awesome and wrestling isn't mentioned until about 9:50.

The next 10 minutes are even better.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Feb 15, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Sometimes I really hate Bryan, mostly when he starts saying something really really dumb, gets called on it, and instead of realising his mistake and backing off he just. keeps. going.

Then he comes up with the idea of having Kane kill Abe(l) Washington after Eve gives Adam (Copeland) an apple she stole from Carlito after being tempted by Jake the Snake and I love him all over again.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Sometimes I really hate Bryan, mostly when he starts saying something really really dumb, gets called on it, and instead of realising his mistake and backing off he just. keeps. going.

Then he comes up with the idea of having Kane kill Abe(l) Washington after Eve gives Adam (Copeland) an apple she stole from Carlito after being tempted by Jake the Snake and I love him all over again.

Yea that's the only time when I really hate the dude, sometimes he just can't go 'oh, ok my bad' so when he gets called on being dumb he feels the need to fight on and explain why he's not the dumb one, and for some reason that mainly happens when he's REALLY loving dumb.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Glitterbomber posted:

Yea that's the only time when I really hate the dude, sometimes he just can't go 'oh, ok my bad' so when he gets called on being dumb he feels the need to fight on and explain why he's not the dumb one, and for some reason that mainly happens when he's REALLY loving dumb.

Although it can be rather funny when he makes a terrible point, and Dave just steamrolls Bryan's attempts to defend it. When that doesn't happen, like on B&V shows, my god can it get excruciating.

The worst ever was "Mr. Hebner." Oh, also his fantasy booking when Punk left the WWE, where CM Punk comes out through the crowd, and the camera cuts to the announcers, who don't mention it. He was basically suggesting the very type of terrible Russo idea he had poo poo on earlier in the show, during the TNA review.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
It's always great when Dave or Lance just BURY Bryan's terrible ideas.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lloyd Boner posted:

It's always great when Dave or Lance just BURY Bryan's terrible ideas.
Now Lance's fantasy booking of Money in The Bank was fun...if only for every conversation involving the term 'son of a bitch'.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Glitterbomber posted:

A lot of that is just Bryan playing it for heat (not the fact that he said something dumb in the first place, which I guess is legit, but the fact that he keeps arguing for it when it's clear than he can't possibly be in the right). On the flip-side, he'll often put himself in a situation where his dumb ideas are buried by Meltzer of Lance Storm in order to get his comeuppance, and a few days later he'll be at it again. I guess it's a case of once a worker, always a worker, and he's actually a pretty good heel, that Bryan Alvarez.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Nah, Alvarez has X-Pac heat

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Nah, Alvarez has X-Pac heat

With Carlisle he does.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Although it can be rather funny when he makes a terrible point, and Dave just steamrolls Bryan's attempts to defend it. When that doesn't happen, like on B&V shows, my god can it get excruciating.

The worst ever was "Mr. Hebner." Oh, also his fantasy booking when Punk left the WWE, where CM Punk comes out through the crowd, and the camera cuts to the announcers, who don't mention it. He was basically suggesting the very type of terrible Russo idea he had poo poo on earlier in the show, during the TNA review.

The Mr. Hebner thing was dumb but I liked the Punk idea. It isn't something you do more than once, but if you are going to do a long drawn out storyline where Punk leaves WWE and infuriates Vince that is a good way to begin his return.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It's weird the lengths at which people here go to defend Alvarez and Meltzer and spin the dumb things they do in a positive light. Sometimes really weird. This coming from a guy that has defended Alex Riley at the worst of times.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It's weird the lengths at which people here go to defend Alvarez and Meltzer and spin the dumb things they do in a positive light. Sometimes really weird. This coming from a guy that has defended Alex Riley at the worst of times.

I don't think you "get" Alvarez and Meltzer.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I started listening to Colt's podcast and I can't recommend it enough.

I learned that:

Beth Phoenix is divorced.

Cliff Compton is an amazingly scummy individual, but terribly likable.

Chris Hero once told Misawa to suck his dick.

Iron Sheik is absolutely unintelligible.

PAC is a pretty cool humble guy.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Daniel Bryan episode of Art of Wrestling is essential if you haven't heard it yet.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
As are the MVP, Luke Gallows, CM Punk, Kenny Omega and Sal Rinauro episodes.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I don't think you "get" Alvarez and Meltzer.

I'll never get tired of that defense.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

coconono posted:

Chris Hero once told Misawa to suck his dick.

:what:

Details?

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

LordPants posted:

Details?

He didn't suck it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I'll never get tired of that defense.

Kind of sad you didn't take the bait and assume I was being serious :sweatdrop:

LordPants posted:

Details?

During the intro to a match, Chris Hero, having watched that awesome Steiner compilation not too long beforehand, yelled a Steiner-esque "ARE YOU GONNA SUCK MY DICK OR WHAT?" at Misawa right before they shook hands.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Kind of sad you didn't take the bait and assume I was being serious :sweatdrop:

We've made fun of that on twitter too much for me to ever take that seriously again.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Mr. Carlisle posted:

We've made fun of that on twitter too much for me to ever take that seriously again.

gently caress, that's right. I never remember my tweets.

Speaking of Art of Wrestling, I haven't caught any of the recent ones. Any I should catch?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Speaking of Art of Wrestling, I haven't caught any of the recent ones. Any I should catch?

the Domino one about his tour in Nigeria is supposed to be amazing. Shelly Martinez should be pretty good.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Supposedly this MVP one is the bee's knees.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

coconono posted:

the Domino one about his tour in Nigeria is supposed to be amazing. Shelly Martinez should be pretty good.

Oh I caught the Domino one. Really loving good.

Cardboard Box posted:

Supposedly this MVP one is the bee's knees.

This one I have yet to listen to. Cool.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I have yet to hear an MVP interview that isn't absolutely riveting. The dude has an incredible life story.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Karmine posted:

I have yet to hear an MVP interview that isn't absolutely riveting. The dude has an incredible life story.

He is, in my opinion, the biggest missed opportunity in a decade full of missed opportunities

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would much rather be seeing a heel MVP against The Rock in the main event of Wrestlemania instead of John Cena

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I've been meaning to listen to Art of Wrestling for a while now, these all look like great places to start.

What a coincidence, I never read them!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Karmine posted:

Yea any given MVP interview will own because all he has to do is show up and talk about his general life story with a host who's not functionally retarded and welp it rules. Everything else awesome about him is just icing.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Rhyno's interview is really interesting, in part because he explains why his legs are so huge.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I'll have to give AoW another try. I was into it for a while, but eventually I just got tired of listening to Colt Cabana. Not sure why.

Edit: Speaking of podcasts I got sick of, did Lagana quit doing his podcast series once he went to TNA?

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 16, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
He's not the greatest interviewer, but he's getting better, and he gets a fair bit out of his subjects because he's a likable guy and a lot of his guests are friends of his.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I'll have to give AoW another try. I was into it for a while, but eventually I just got tired of listening to Colt Cabana. Not sure why.

Edit: Speaking of podcasts I got sick of, did Lagana quit doing his podcast series once he went to TNA?

I have never seen or heard Cabana do anything and not immediately thought "here is a man who tries too hard"

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have never seen or heard Cabana do anything and not immediately thought "here is a man who tries too hard"

Yeah, it's hard to argue that. Listen to the Domino in Nigeria episode of AOW if you haven't already - Colt's not straining to be funny in that one, and of course he's much funnier than usual because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The loving argument between loving Todd Martin and Bryan loving Alvarez about loving callouts in the UFC made me want to never listen to either of them a-loving-gain. Jesus Christ, those two are the worst two personalities to have together on a show because neither are able to back down from an argument. Repeating trhe same points over and over with increasing volume does not make for good listening.

• Locked thread