Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Policenaut posted:

Hey, check it out. Trophy list for RE: The Umbrella Chronicles HD
That was a really fun game, I've been tempted to buy those Cabella guns and replay it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

So far loving Revelations, the atmosphere of it is really creepy and there's the occasional scare. One thing that I've noticed that in between elevators the game does seem to have an FPS drop, but other than that it runs pretty smooth.

Really looking forward next month to play Operation Raccoon City, just not really sure where to pre-order from.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Policenaut posted:

Hey, check it out. Trophy list for RE: The Umbrella Chronicles HD

only 12 achievements? If they're planning on doing Darkside in HD then they better be able to match the achievements they had on the Wii version and that's like...30?

It's kind of frustrating when they do these re-releases and don't do anything with the achievements, I mean I bought a God of War 1 and 2 bundle for the extra controller and that one has like 30 achievements or more for each game and what do we get for RE4 of all things? loving chapter completion trophies :argh:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
What is the best version of RE2? I own a backwards compatible PS3 and Wii. Should I buy a PS1 copy, download it from PSN or hunt down the Gamecube version? Or is there one I'm missing?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
So, any new news on RE6? I'm really hoping it's gonna be more like RE4 rather than 5. Being alone is much scarier than babysitting an AI partner for the entire game. Also, bring back the attache case for storage!!

Although it looks like Leon and Chris are involved, in two separate areas, so maybe we'll have both: an actiony co-op fest with Chris like RE5, and a slower paced, solo thing with Leon.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Soul Glo posted:

What is the best version of RE2? I own a backwards compatible PS3 and Wii. Should I buy a PS1 copy, download it from PSN or hunt down the Gamecube version? Or is there one I'm missing?

Get the N64 version if you can. Otherwise, all those versions are identical, so you might as well grab it off of PSN.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Son Ryo posted:

Get the N64 version if you can. Otherwise, all those versions are identical, so you might as well grab it off of PSN.

I thought that the Gamecube one was a port of the N64 version? Or am I totally off base here?

Also it just depends on what system you want to have it for. I have all my RE games, except 5, on Nintendo systems just cause that seems like the place for them, and they're all out for it.

MmmDonuts
Apr 5, 2010

Soul Glo posted:

If you're going to play through it more than once, get the GC version, as it is the only version that allows you to skip cutscenes.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

MmmDonuts posted:

If you're going to play through it more than once, get the GC version, as it is the only version that allows you to skip cutscenes.

If you're skipping cutscenes in a Resident Evil game, you're a bad person (unless it's 4 or 5).

But that's interesting, as far as I knew all the ports were the same except for the N64 one.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

What was different about the N64 version?

MmmDonuts
Apr 5, 2010

Action-Bastard posted:

What was different about the N64 version?

Better graphics, better sound, MUCH BETTER optional controls, EX files lifted from other games, and badly compressed CG cut-scenes (but you can youtube them if you to). You lose some minigame that was in the PS Dreamcast and PC, but who cares? This is the best version .

MmmDonuts fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Feb 15, 2012

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rough Lobster posted:

So, any new news on RE6? I'm really hoping it's gonna be more like RE4 rather than 5. Being alone is much scarier than babysitting an AI partner for the entire game. Also, bring back the attache case for storage!!

Although it looks like Leon and Chris are involved, in two separate areas, so maybe we'll have both: an actiony co-op fest with Chris like RE5, and a slower paced, solo thing with Leon.

From the gameplay snippets I've seen, it looks like characters are capable of doing slides, sidestepping, etc. In short, I would honestly be entirely shocked if RE6 maintains the now "standard" RE4/5 controls; I think it's going to totally adopt the new standard (like Dead Space) and be way more shootery. It also looks like there's a more robust cover system. Everything just gives that impression to me, in particular if they get kung fu dodge moves they can pull off in a non-scripted fashion.

In short I think RE6 will be the moment the series transitions from survival horror to Max Payne. Not that it doesn't look fun anyway but I think if you're hoping for horror or being alone, you're out of luck.

That said, I hope they port Revelations to other systems besides the 3DS because the 3DS poor sales and limited hype surrounding it are a travesty. It's a great full RE installment - I've been playing around with it on my girlfriend's 3DS and I'm hooked. The multiplayer is incredibly well done and I suspect it's a template to how they'll handle RE6 - so much more interesting than mercenaries.

Chocolate America
Nov 5, 2008

by garbage day

Blazing Ownager posted:

In short I think RE6 will be the moment the series transitions from survival horror to Max Payne. Not that it doesn't look fun anyway but I think if you're hoping for horror or being alone, you're out of luck.

It looks to me like the Leon sections are more dedicated to being alone and being scary (hopefully with limited ammo and a little more old-school survival horror) and the Chris sections are gonna be Gears of War. Yeah I saw Leon sliding and shooting while lying on his back but that doesn't mean his sections can't be scary and have a slower pace.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Blazing Ownager posted:

That said, I hope they port Revelations to other systems besides the 3DS because the 3DS poor sales and limited hype surrounding it are a travesty. It's a great full RE installment - I've been playing around with it on my girlfriend's 3DS and I'm hooked. The multiplayer is incredibly well done and I suspect it's a template to how they'll handle RE6 - so much more interesting than mercenaries.
The 3DS doesn't have poor sales :confused:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Question/speculation for anyone who's finished Revelations and seen the RE6 stuff... do you think the "bitch" Chris mentions in the RE6 trailer might be Jessica?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea I'm seriously hoping Revelations end up being the template for 6, the game is just fantastic and the best RE in years.

I also hope they adopt the co-op system here, in single player your partner has their own poo poo and cannot die, no more improtu game overs because the retarded A.I ran headfirst into a chainsaw guy, the only drawback is that all enemies focus on you but that's a small price to pay. The customization system is also spectacular.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Rough Lobster posted:

So, any new news on RE6?

I wouldn't expect any serious news about RE6 until E3. If they start talking about it now, they run the risk of killing the buzz on both Revelations and ORC.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Alteisen posted:

Yea I'm seriously hoping Revelations end up being the template for 6, the game is just fantastic and the best RE in years.

I also hope they adopt the co-op system here, in single player your partner has their own poo poo and cannot die, no more improtu game overs because the retarded A.I ran headfirst into a chainsaw guy, the only drawback is that all enemies focus on you but that's a small price to pay. The customization system is also spectacular.

Yep - your partner is next to useless in the shooting department, too, but again I rather have that than be forced to play a co-op game with a bot. That just always sucks.

Also the multiplayer system in Revelations is awesome, and way better than anything the series has done so far. I would be shocked if it's back to Mercenaries after this.

I don't understand the lack of hype the non-full releases are getting. If my girlfriend wasn't a huge Resident Evil fanatic, I wouldn't even know about the upcoming Operation Racoon City and it looks like a game I'll love. But it's totally getting zero marketing at least around here.

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
I've finally played through the whole series(1->5). Ended up skipping Code Veronica just because after playing 4 I couldn't go back to those tank controls.

One thing 5 really needs is boss health bars, or at least some sort of indicator that you need to start a QTE. I spent 15 minutes fighting the spider boss before figuring out you need to hit the Square button next to him in order to progress the fight.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Some new tidbits about RE6

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

Policenaut posted:

Some new tidbits about RE6
"The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to."
I.E. Captain Generic White Guy Voiced by Nolan North Man who's "Edgy" and "Cool"

gently caress. :negative:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

psychoticBacofoil posted:

"The game's third main character is meant to be someone young people can relate to."
I.E. Captain Generic White Guy Voiced by Nolan North Man who's "Edgy" and "Cool"

You pretty much just described Leon, except for the "voiced by Nolan North" part. Which makes it even more confusing as to why they felt they needed another character who fills the same role.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Other than the third character being probably unbearable, that list looks pretty nice.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Third guy is voiced by Troy Baker. He's going to be awesome. :colbert:

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.

Relax, he has a cool voice actor (one of the Boss's from Saint's Row 3! also, somewhere else I can't place) and seems to be a vaguely amoral mercenary who is selling BOWs. If he's Alex Wesker, then he's probably going to be an rear end in a top hat--at least at the start.

I'm sure they'll have him die redeeming himself with swelling piano music or something similarly schmaltzy.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
I can see him working if he's somewhat self-aware. A more lighthearted jerk could even out the game since Chris and Leon both seem to be having really bad days.

TheJoker138 posted:

You pretty much just described Leon, except for the "voiced by Nolan North" part. Which makes it even more confusing as to why they felt they needed another character who fills the same role.

They also described Chris except he isn't voiced by Nolan North either. I don't think Nolan North voices anyone in this series, actually.

And while attempting to confirm that I found out that Paul Mercier isn't voicing Leon in ORC. Canceling preorder while shaking my head in disgust.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Troy baker is Yuri from Tales of Vesperia, one of the boss voices from SR3, Snow from FF13 and Kanji Tatsumi from Persona 4.

Based off this the 3rd guy might be cool if only by the virtue of his voice acting.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

just bring back Rebecca :( you still have a chance of redemption Capcom

MmmDonuts
Apr 5, 2010
Off topic, but I've decided to give RE5 another shot. The AI still sucks :(, so I wanna play co-op. Anyone with a 360 up for it? My GT is JimPhillips.

No prob, that's where I live too!

V

MmmDonuts fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Feb 15, 2012

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm actually surprised that there's no female lead to choose from, just three males. I had a lot of fun with the female characters in RE5's mercenaries because their melee attacks were so fun, especially Jill's double knee gutbuster and Sheva shank.

MmmDonuts, send a friend request to Angular Squid. I'm usually on at various points throughout the day.

e: it should be noted that I'm EST, US.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I pre-ordered ORC on ps3, the special edition version. Will I get all the silly lovely DLC weapons and stuff?

I really didn't want to order from gamestop but I totally missed that amazon deal. The worst thing about it, no in-store pickup for ORC for gamestop in my state. It is like Capcom doesn't want me to buy this game or something.

Is it safe to assume Umbrella chronicles will be appearing on ps3 soonish? usually those trophy/achievement lists don't pop up until a month before launch. Is it safe to assume a $15 price tag? It doesn't have a platinum trophy, so I mean it has so be fairly cheap then. I'll be happy no matter what, if they release darkside at the same price, since I was willing to pay $50+ for both games on 1 disc.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It'll probably be like the RE4/CVX thing, so yeah I'd bet $15 for both Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Policenaut posted:

It'll probably be like the RE4/CVX thing, so yeah I'd bet $15 for both Darkside and Umbrella Chronicles.

Sold. Terrible part of the story is that for both wii copies in mint condition, I get $13 out of it. I guess that makes one of the lightgun games "free" right?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

15 for both? Are you insane? This is Capcom, they'll charge you 20 for each.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Alteisen posted:

15 for both? Are you insane? This is Capcom, they'll charge you 20 for each.

Oh, sorry I meant that for both of them. But yeah they're gonna charge you full price.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I knew he meant $15 for each. I guess I know capcom too well? :(

I just hope RE6 doesn't have exclusive content. Or rather that I can get all that day-1 DLC without a hitch buying an overpriced LE/SE/CE of RE6.

edit; The day I removed Chris from the plasticnite that held him in place, preserved him--if you will, was the day his hand broke off and my entire RE5 LE was made useless. Capcom I will get my revenge!

Nails
Oct 29, 2004

MALIGNANTLY USELESS
I placed my preorder for the RE:ORC special edition through Capcom's site today, and apparently I get a "Welcome To Raccoon City" sign. Pretty sweet. Too bad Aliens: Colonial Marines didn't have a sweet preorder bonus.

I wish it was the end of March already.

EDIT: Should I even bother with the lightgun games if I don't have a move? I haven't gotten around to buying one yet, but I tried playing Dead Space:Extraction with a controller a while ago and it was pretty unbearable. I wish there was just some sort of lightgun I could buy that meant I didn't have to drop $100+ to enjoy $30 worth of game.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

Nails posted:

I placed my preorder for the RE:ORC special edition through Capcom's site today, and apparently I get a "Welcome To Raccoon City" sign. Pretty sweet. Too bad Aliens: Colonial Marines didn't have a sweet preorder bonus.

EDIT: Should I even bother with the lightgun games if I don't have a move? I haven't gotten around to buying one yet, but I tried playing Dead Space:Extraction with a controller a while ago and it was pretty unbearable. I wish there was just some sort of lightgun I could buy that meant I didn't have to drop $100+ to enjoy $30 worth of game.

There was a namco blaster 4, or something for when timecrisis 4 was released, but I am not sure if it works with anything else, and personally I would advise against it. Move seems to be the only "fun" way to play the lightgun games.

I guess what I suggest is to add up $150 worth of games you can only play with a lightgun then decide if you want one or not.

I think my move is really worth it, but I also didn't expect much than wii ports and I have been very pleased.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I blew over a hundred bucks on Move only to find that I get violently motion sick when I try to play a light gun game with a pointer. :( I'd sell all my Move stuff and then some to get a modern working GunCon for PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steinuh
Nov 17, 2011

Nails posted:

Im tempted to do this as well, because the sign looks pretty awesome but the only thing that makes me not want to do it is the Shipping/Handling.