Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vin BioEthanol
Jan 18, 2002

by Ralp

Tyberius posted:

I feel terrible that I had to look up which song they were singing in the latest Cosmopolitan commercial. Those commercials are always top notch.

That was amazing, have never seen that. I suppose you can be forgiven for not knowing the song. (If you live in like Senegal or rural China)

If I ever get enough money to go to vegas resorts I'm voting with my wallet and going to the one that uses the words "beelzlebub has a devil put aside for me" on network ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MillionsV
Jun 11, 2010
This goddamn Dominoes "Parmesan Bread Bites" ad is driving me nuts!

The dude "invented" garlic bread with a sprinkle of cheese on it.

I THINK WE SHOULD MAKE HIM CEO!

AHHHHH BREAD!!!!!!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

MillionsV posted:

AHHHHH BREAD!!!!!!

They suck. You don't even get dipping sauce. I only got them because they were free as part of a coupon.

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")

MillionsV posted:

AHHHHH BREAD!!!!!!

They're like garlic knots' retarded little brother.

pschoy
Mar 2, 2009
You know, I liked you wheat thins. I really did.

My patronage wasn't enough apparently and you decided to hitch your wagon to a tired Family Guy non-joke in some misguided attempt to make Wheat Thins cool with the kids or something.

Well FFUCK YOU gently caress SETH MCFARLANE AND HIS HORRIBLE 'EDGY' UNCOMFORTABLY LONG NON-JOKES ABOUT PEOPLE WHO PRONOUNCE THINGS DIFFERENTLY HA loving HA. NOT ONLY DO I NOW MUTE THE TELEVISION WHEN YOUR COMMERCIAL COMES ON NOW BUT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY USED PAVLOVIAN CONDITIONING TO CREATE A GAG REFLEX AT THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOUR poo poo THIN WHEAT.

Get bent you cunts

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

Moose-Willis posted:

You know, I liked you wheat thins. I really did.

My patronage wasn't enough apparently and you decided to hitch your wagon to a tired Family Guy non-joke in some misguided attempt to make Wheat Thins cool with the kids or something.

Well FFUCK YOU gently caress SETH MCFARLANE AND HIS HORRIBLE 'EDGY' UNCOMFORTABLY LONG NON-JOKES ABOUT PEOPLE WHO PRONOUNCE THINGS DIFFERENTLY HA loving HA. NOT ONLY DO I NOW MUTE THE TELEVISION WHEN YOUR COMMERCIAL COMES ON NOW BUT YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY USED PAVLOVIAN CONDITIONING TO CREATE A GAG REFLEX AT THE VERY THOUGHT OF YOUR poo poo THIN WHEAT.

This drove me crazy the first time I saw it, because I hadn't really been paying attention, and thought it was a Family Guy commercial, then realized at the end that they had been saying "Wheat Thins" over and over for some reason. I saw it a second time, and realized it was just the two of them saying "Wheat Thins" back and forth for its entirety. I wanted to die.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!
Honey...I love you. That's why I'm proposing to you over the goddamn Progresso soup, because I'm a complete tool who couldn't think of a more romantic way to do it. :rolleyes:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I've now seen a third Geico "Little Piggy" commercial, pretty much identical to the second, but substitute street luge for zip lining.

:sigh:

The problem is, there are people out there who like that loving pig. WHY?! Dead God, why?! They will be the downfall of western civilization.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

DrBouvenstein posted:

I've now seen a third Geico "Little Piggy" commercial, pretty much identical to the second, but substitute street luge for zip lining.

:sigh:

The problem is, there are people out there who like that loving pig. WHY?! Dead God, why?! They will be the downfall of western civilization.

My manager loves this pig, and didn't even see the first commercial until after the zipline one. I told her about it, and she immediately went on to Youtube, turned her volume up, and looked up the first one. I could hear it in the next room, and it made me sad.

e: I can't wait until they work it into an NHL commercial.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'll admit I liked the first one, but the rest? Nah.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Mister Kingdom posted:

I'll admit I liked the first one, but the rest? Nah.

It's the newest, "This character is popular, let's divorce him from the original concept and just make commercials based about him.", see the CarFox and the Kia Hamsters.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Atasi posted:

It's the newest, "This character is popular, let's divorce him from the original concept and just make commercials based about him.", see the CarFox and the Kia Hamsters.

I liked the Kia Hamster commercial with the dancing robots, even if it was very :stare:-worthy. Then again I'd like anything with robots, so :v:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Goddammit, random car ad, I thought I would never have to hear that loving awful "riding dirty" song again :argh:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

U.T. Raptor posted:

Goddammit, random car ad, I thought I would never have to hear that loving awful "riding dirty" song again :argh:

It's the first time I've heard it instead of White And Nerdy in at least three years.

MillionsV
Jun 11, 2010

U.T. Raptor posted:

That song is boss. Sorry you're a nerd. :c00lbert:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

So there's this commercial that's been bugging the hell out of me about a lovely guy who cares more about the game than his girlfriend. i have no idea how the internet works, so I performed a pagan ritual to summon this footage of it.

Now I need to clean up all of this goat blood.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Old Navy has jeans for every shape. So hey, let's use an asian for our "flat" shape.

E: And Activia is back to "we help prevent irregularity!" claims. Wasn't this what got them sued?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 20, 2012

vrunt
Jul 4, 2003

the great trollini
Just experienced the most godawful commercial of all time. I was dozing off in front of the TV like always on Sunday night when I hear this piercing buzzer noise. Imagine if the robot Beeno from Adventure Time could cry, except 300x louder. I jump up from my couch (its a nice couch) ready for action because holy gently caress what am I hearing right now? I thought it was War of the Worlds.

Anyways, I finally notice its coming from the TV and I catch the tail end of a Goddamn Scrolling Banner Ad during the actual TV show. Was this some sort of a joke put on by Adult Swim or is this a real type of advertisement? Holy hell I am about to call Comcast and cancel my cable entirely.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 34 days!

DJExile posted:

E: And Activia is back to "we help prevent irregularity!" claims. Wasn't this what got them sued?

It bothers me because I've always been a Jamie Lee Curtis fan and I hate to see her shilling for what's essentially snake oil/placebo yogurt. :sigh:

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
There is this shaver ad that has Adrian Brody, Andre 3000, and some random eurotrash. My issue with this ad is that Andre's straw hat looks like it got ran over by a lawnmower. Why is he wearing a straw hat with holes in it?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Nerdfest X posted:

There is this shaver ad that has Adrian Brody, Andre 3000, and some random eurotrash. My issue with this ad is that Andre's straw hat looks like it got ran over by a lawnmower. Why is he wearing a straw hat with holes in it?

Gael Garcia Bernal is not "some random eurotrash."

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nerdfest X posted:

Hell I was just surprised to see him at all. What has Andre 3000 been up to these days? E: Oh I guess he's on some new Gorillaz single. Good for him :toot:

Also Muscles that's an awesome av.

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!

SlothfulCobra posted:

So there's this commercial that's been bugging the hell out of me about a lovely guy who cares more about the game than his girlfriend. i have no idea how the internet works, so I performed a pagan ritual to summon this footage of it.

Now I need to clean up all of this goat blood.

It makes me sad to see people hating on this commercial. Every time I see it, it never fails to make me laugh. At the very least, it's leagues better than the other AT&T commercials with the obnoxious "that's so __ seconds ago" assholes.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Nonbaka posted:

It makes me sad to see people hating on this commercial. Every time I see it, it never fails to make me laugh. At the very least, it's leagues better than the other AT&T commercials with the obnoxious "that's so __ seconds ago" assholes.

I love it too, my husband doesn't really care for football, but he does know enough not to schedule a dinner on Sunday/Monday night.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
With the new Playstation vida commercials it looks like it will be super easy to get one since every one will be playing theirs on the sidewalk, parks, crosswalks, top of building and while walking on their way to work.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I liked the Kia Hamster commercial with the dancing robots, even if it was very :stare:-worthy. Then again I'd like anything with robots, so :v:

I like this one too. It's short, funny and relatively unobtrusive if you don't like it.

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
gently caress every commercial that just has typing and nothing else as sound effects. Why are there so many of these and why do they all appear to use a gorilla pounding on the keyboard?

Glenn_Beckett
Sep 13, 2008

When I see a 9/11 victim family on television I'm just like 'Given the existence as uttered forth in the public works of Puncher and Wattmann of a personal God quaquaqua'

Industrial posted:

gently caress every commercial that just has typing and nothing else as sound effects. Why are there so many of these and why do they all appear to use a gorilla pounding on the keyboard?

It's all just Bobby Moynihan. http://www.hulu.com/watch/328545/saturday-night-live-newspaper#s-p5-sr-i1

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

vrunt posted:

Just experienced the most godawful commercial of all time. I was dozing off in front of the TV like always on Sunday night when I hear this piercing buzzer noise. Imagine if the robot Beeno from Adventure Time could cry, except 300x louder. I jump up from my couch (its a nice couch) ready for action because holy gently caress what am I hearing right now? I thought it was War of the Worlds.

Anyways, I finally notice its coming from the TV and I catch the tail end of a Goddamn Scrolling Banner Ad during the actual TV show. Was this some sort of a joke put on by Adult Swim or is this a real type of advertisement? Holy hell I am about to call Comcast and cancel my cable entirely.

You must get lucky or this is just the first time it's actually woken you up but that's the monthly test of the emergency broadcast system. It sucks.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I imagine anyone on this forum has watched TV regularly for at least a couple of decades, how do you go that long without ever encountering the EBS signal?

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Darth Freddy posted:

With the new Playstation vida commercials it looks like it will be super easy to get one since every one will be playing theirs on the sidewalk, parks, crosswalks, top of building and while walking on their way to work.

What I want to know is who thought "Grab a big box" was a good marketing campaign.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, providers are required to run EBS tests every... week (E: or month?) I think, and usually run them when nobody's watching.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

DJExile posted:

Yeah, providers are required to run EBS tests every... week (E: or month?) I think, and usually run them when nobody's watching.

Actually, when the EAS replaced the EBS in 1997, it was established that on even-numbered months, the monthly test must go out between the hours of the local sunset and 8:30 a.m., while on odd-numbered months it's between 8:30 a.m. and local sunset.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Something about the ad for The Lorax rubs me the wrong way. Probably the ad doing the terrible "guest starring these celebrities" section of the commercials, which on CGI Cartoons, tends to mean the movie is going to be awful.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
It might be the fact that when I first saw the trailer it was blaring at me in a theater or maybe it looks like they're trying too hard to make it seem zany, but I can't wait for March 2nd to get here so commercials for that Project X movie can end.

Also the Chevy Sonic ads with We Are Young playing. I don't really find the ad that offensive but it seems to play every commercial break. I hate when songs are repeated because i'll eventually get tired of them so hearing just the chorus of that one song has become aggravating.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I am severely disappointed that this new Project X movie has nothing to do with Matthew Broderick saving super-smart chimpanzees from government experiments.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Rirse posted:

Something about the ad for The Lorax rubs me the wrong way. Probably the ad doing the terrible "guest starring these celebrities" section of the commercials, which on CGI Cartoons, tends to mean the movie is going to be awful.

"That's a woman!?"

I'm not sure why this line has to be repeated in every version of the commercial I've seen so far.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

keiran_helcyan posted:

"That's a woman!?"

I'm not sure why this line has to be repeated in every version of the commercial I've seen so far.

Because in the Lorax's mind, she's not a woman, but a huwore.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rirse posted:

Something about the ad for The Lorax rubs me the wrong way.
Is it the fact that you can't hear DeVito's voice any more without immediately replacing the character with Frank Reynolds in your mind? Because, y'know, that's my problem with the whole thing.

"I don't know how many trees I got left... I'm gonna get real weird with it."

Actually, it's not much of a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Rirse posted:

I think it's the "ignoring the entire point of the original story for some Big Brother City poo poo and turning the Lorax into Frank from Always Sunny" part that means the movie is going to be awful.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Because in the Lorax's mind, she's not a woman, but a huwore.

I believe the correct spelling is "hooooor".