Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

E: lazerbot has another da page with his photos of cats, ducks and the shy (sic), but I think this is my favourite piece. It's a very arresting image.

http://lazerbot1.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4nl0i2

He's right though, the picture really does tell it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat
There's another string of comments on his profile that genuinely baffles me. He rails against The Trolls in this comic, but he sounds just like them here: http://comments.deviantart.com/4/11507634/2419872808

Not to mention the constant string of fags and retards and 'ur so gay's in his videos. Who's the true troll? Is it him! Is it them! Is it us! Is it ME!? :ohdear:

I just don't know what to think anymore. :psyduck: Other than he's an awfully strange and stunted kid.

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Grondoth posted:

Every single one of those images is a treasure trove of its own.

This right here is where I lost it. Can someone make that into avatar size?

There's no way this guy is 20, I thought everybody stopped writing angry fanfiction when they were like 13. :psyduck:

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Snaffoo posted:

There's another string of comments on his profile that genuinely baffles me. He rails against The Trolls in this comic, but he sounds just like them here: http://comments.deviantart.com/4/11507634/2419872808

Not to mention the constant string of fags and retards and 'ur so gay's in his videos. Who's the true troll? Is it him! Is it them! Is it us! Is it ME!? :ohdear:

I just don't know what to think anymore. :psyduck: Other than he's an awfully strange and stunted kid.

I think this encapsulates his attitude perfectly:

SporkTSI posted:

Trolls=People who call him gay
Noobs=People he calls gay

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
Whoa, this rat's been juicing.

Also, it's turtle time.

You're UGLY!You're UGLY!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Everdraed has entered the thread. I repeat, Everdraed has entered the thread. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
It's so terrible, but there's little moments of legitimate brilliance in the insanity. I love this so much.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010
I just realized something:

He's smoking his cigarette backwards. :psyduck:

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
^^ Ahahaha. Badassery knows no bounds. Smoking cigarettes backwards is akin to wearing your hat backwards. Get with the times.

Holy poo poo that kid must have played a lot of online games and annoyed quit a number of older gamers to have this understanding of trolling. That or he played some poo poo game where it's more prevalent than others. Trolling is and art and this kid doesn't quit get how it's done - instead of being trolled he's just being straight up insulted. That being said I can't hate too much because out of such anger and disappointment he made this glorious ms-paint comic that made me laugh and cringe so much that I'll never forget. Just to drive the point home:

That's gotta be my favorite picture from the whole comic. It seems he poured his heart and soul into that one because it's animated 100x better than any of the frames on adjacent pages.

So it makes me wonder what made this kid make a comic than what I did when we were younger which is learn to roll with the punches and insult right back. I'll admit I've been out of touch with it for quite some time, but I recall in online games that you insult people by cutting right to the heart when lashing out. It'd pretty much escalate the situation 100% of the time, but you'd feel better knowing you tried to defend yourself than taking it like a bitch then making a whiney comic about it.

onemanlan fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Feb 19, 2012

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Bloomington posted:

He can't get satisfaction with a filter. He needs to get his nicotine strait from the source.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

This comic is too good to bog dog with :words:, but I almost feel like each chapter is less disturbing than the one before. What started out as a pretty unsettling window into somebody deciding that stone cold mass murder was the only answer to bullying degenerated into Shadow the Hedgehog murdering some gay rabbit and his gay loving duck friend before completely breaking down into father Troll and son Trollface having their goons pull out Vector's eyeball and decapitate Sonic in over-the-top ways.

Of course, it's all been downhill from *high shovels*...

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
There are so many parts of this comic that made me laugh hard, it's hard to pick a favorite:

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
President's Day weekend. I've got nothing else to do

e: claimed avatars have been removed to avoid duplicates

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 19, 2012

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat

Grondoth posted:

Every single one of those images is a treasure trove of its own.

It never actually says who his girlfriend is either, does it. It would be pitch perfect if we're all assuming it's Amy Rose, and then she turns out to be someone madly unexpected and unrelated. Like Smurfette or Sailor Moon or something.

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

President's Day weekend. I've got nothing else to do

Oh god I had to do it.

EMUpirate
Oct 30, 2002

Koo Koo Ka-Chaw Koo Koo Ka-Chaw

That's a pretty loving awesome plan!

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y
Just two more

I'll be checking back in the hopes that there will have been an update :)

Bloomington posted:

Oh god I had to do it.

Haha I didn't think of doing that. Fantastic :)

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Feb 19, 2012

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Bloomington posted:

Oh god I had to do it.

Stealing this one, soon as I think of a quote from the comic to go with it.

Edit crap it ate my Care Bear tag. Oh well.

Mr. Creakle fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Feb 19, 2012

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I love this exchange

e: you mother gently caresser

HelmutVonSchmeller
Nov 23, 2007
Oooh, it's a jellyfish!
Say what you will about Lazerbot and his comics, but his protest against SOPA may very well resonate through the ages:

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

HelmutVonSchmeller posted:

Say what you will about Lazerbot and his comics, but his protest against SOPA may very well resonate through the ages:

That's a little known direct quote from Lincoln. He's really showing his academic side there.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

:stare: So what are the chances that this guy is an extremely dangerous person in the making?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Grimes posted:

:stare: So what are the chances that this guy is an extremely dangerous person in the making?

Although there's no doubt he needs help (and drawing lessons) either way, I was relieved to hear he was 20 and plays online games. This means he isn't some tortured high school kid using an aborted remake of Cartoon All-Stars to cope with bullies; just a 20 year old getting mad at faceless online trolls.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

Stealing this. Thank you.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Bloomington posted:

Holy poo poo. :psyduck: I even made fun of that picture earlier and I didn't notice. Having accidentally lit the filter of a cigarette before, I just have to say: that dude is a badass.

Grimes posted:

Minimal. This is just what we get because kids have been subjected to a bunch of grimdark in their entertainment recently. It's even crept into god awful fanfic territory as well.

Cuckoo posted:

Although there's no doubt he needs help (and drawing lessons) either way, I was relieved to hear he was 20 and plays online games. This means he isn't some tortured high school kid using an aborted remake of Cartoon All-Stars to cope with bullies; just a 20 year old getting mad at faceless online trolls.

It's been said before, but there is no way that this person is 20. I'd guess he's 14 or so.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I'd really love to see us make a youtube, providing the characters' voices :)

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Nathilus posted:

It's been said before, but there is no way that this person is 20. I'd guess he's 14 or so.

He could be autistic. Wouldn't be the first time somebody over 20 has created a poo poo comic.

athena
Feb 9, 2009
This has all been a fascinating read. I'm on the fence still if this is intentional or not. I'm going to lean towards intentional because there are too many flashes of genuine comedy here.

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
This is indeed a veritable treasure trove of avatars...

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Anyone mind if I take this?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

ThePutty posted:

He could be autistic. Wouldn't be the first time somebody over 20 has created a poo poo comic.

What gives him away is the way he has Sonic talking about His Girlfriend. Even the loneliest loser of a 20 year old knows how to play off their absolute lack of understanding about the topic better. You're right that he could be 20 and autistic, though. If he is, he's the new king of autism. Or emperor maybe.

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
It is weird to me that the trolls seem to all be based off of actual people he has met or interacted with, whereas the good guys are just characters.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Elindale posted:

It is weird to me that the trolls seem to all be based off of actual people he has met or interacted with, whereas the good guys are just characters.
That's depressingly not weird. If he had no friends, there'd be no good guys for him to draw on.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Mustached5thGrader posted:

I'd really love to see us make a youtube, providing the characters' voices :)

I'd be up for voicing. Ideally someone would turn all the comic panels into Dr. Katz-like squigglevision animations, but just the panels with some background music would probably work too.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Elysiume posted:

That's depressingly not weird. If he had no friends, there'd be no good guys for him to draw on.

But he does have friends! Sonic is the bestest blue hedgehog and he's SUPER COOL BRO all the time and hes super fast and he doesnt take no poo poo from ANYBODY. whoooooooooooooshh ZOOOOooommmm :downs:

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle
My av is a little human being that has no friends.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

I can't figure out if Shadow is being squished by the speech bubble or if he's angry.

e: After checking my credit card balances, I can safely say that I did not drunkenly purchase my avatar last night. A big thank you to whoever did! :cheers:

The Halogens fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Feb 19, 2012

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

One and the Same posted:

But he does have friends! Sonic is the bestest blue hedgehog and he's SUPER COOL BRO all the time and hes super fast and he doesnt take no poo poo from ANYBODY. whoooooooooooooshh ZOOOOooommmm :downs:

Pyramid Head
Dec 31, 2007

This is, hands down, the best part of the whole thing:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

davidspackage posted:

Dr. Katz-like squigglevision animations

Yeah, it works