Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:

simplefish posted:

I'm just wondering when the correct term for "bullying" became "trolling". I thought trolling was bullying on the internet. This is clearly 'real' life.
Kid spends most of his social time online. Not complicated. :smith:

As for the possibility of him being dangerous... Nah. Lots of kids, especially kids who feel ostracized by their peers have dark thoughts that manifest in the form of grandiose and often violent fantasies. I got mine out playing Dungeons and Dragons, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Avatar fairy, you rock. :hfive: This thread rocks. I love everything.

Seriously, this comic is a gift that keeps on giving. It's like an Advent calendar: there's a little something special tucked away into every single panel. I'm on tenterhooks waiting to see how this story ends.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

powerofrecall posted:

That almost looks TOO good, you know? Too smooth, at least the speech bubble thing. If this was going to be something moving, I just imagine it looking way shittier.

When I knocked together that gif of shadow it's just two frames in photoshop. The scribble is just the two frames using the "ocean ripple" filter at weak and slightly different settings.

I think it looks amazing. I love the idea to take something bad and turn it in to something... awful?!!??!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Aw for gently caress's sake. It took me until about 2/3 through the first batch of pages to realize that "villains" was supposed to be "violence", but I only just now made the connection of "embreaded" = "inbred".

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I didn't notice "villains" until the thread did but now I read it more like "violins."

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
Good lord, how many avatars has this comic spawned?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Commissar posted:

It's spreading faster than the drat Rage virus.

Cows Go Moose
Aug 19, 2011

Often mistaken for a dwarf man.

Nunez posted:

You know, when I saw this, I couldn't help but think that it would look great as one of those art shifts you see in Spongebob.

Cows Go Moose fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 20, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

:pwn:

Villains is violence? I thought it was some sort of "becoming villains" grammar mangle...

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

^^
Also this. I completely missed that and just accepted it as part of the terrible grammar in this comic.

Commissar posted:

Not enough. Only when every member of the somethingawful.com forums has an avatar of Sonic and/or friends being trolled will the trolling stop.

ETA: Come to think of it, since when did getting shot stop Daffy? Also, why was Shadow so worried about losing one good member over a gay duck when he shoots Bugs himself like three pages later? :psyduck:

I want that rabbit.

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Feb 20, 2012

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cows Go Moose posted:

You know, when I saw this, I couldn't help but think that it would look great as one of those art shifts you see in Spongebob.

Holy gently caress this caught me off-guard.

The great M
Sep 10, 2010

The prince.

And then you.

Cows Go Moose posted:

Did you draw that? Please make more.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Cows Go Moose posted:

Cool yeah no that was absolutely terrifying to unexpectedly see.

Hiilai
Jun 13, 2009

The Halogens posted:

I can't figure out if Shadow is being squished by the speech bubble or if he's angry.

That Shadow is the best thing ever. :allears:

Cows Go Moose, please draw more!

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

James Trickington posted:

I wonder what he thought Magnum Opus meant. Oh well high shovel.
edit: That youtube. :stonk:
"Word I don't know? It's obviously an insult!"

See also stuff like 'X is a heterosexual' gets responses of 'X isn't gay, you jerk!'

Technocrat posted:

What with Chris-Chan imminently heading to jail, I've been looking for someone to fill the Sonichu-shaped hole in my heart.
Wait, did that guy do something illegal? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he snapped. I just really don't like thinking about the guy.

powerofrecall posted:

I love this exchange

e: you mother gently caresser
Ahaha, it looks like Shadow thought he could get in on some sort of troll orgy.

Elindale posted:

It is weird to me that the trolls seem to all be based off of actual people he has met or interacted with, whereas the good guys are just characters.
Since he probably drives away every single person he meets in real life, it makes sense.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Cows Go Moose posted:

Holy moses hahahah

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Kgummy posted:

Wait, did that guy do something illegal? I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if he snapped. I just really don't like thinking about the guy.

His mom is just as batshit as he is and they both crashed into a gaming store that refused to let him in or something.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Cuckoo posted:

His mom is just as batshit as he is and they both crashed into a gaming store that refused to let him in or something.

He also posted pictures of the manager who wouldn't let him in and called him a pedophile.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

powerofrecall posted:

That almost looks TOO good, you know? Too smooth, at least the speech bubble thing. If this was going to be something moving, I just imagine it looking way shittier.

When I knocked together that gif of shadow it's just two frames in photoshop. The scribble is just the two frames using the "ocean ripple" filter at weak and slightly different settings.

I can definitely see where you're coming from, but I personally really enjoy taking something of mspaint quality and giving it the full motion comic treatment. The idea of this author just sort of coming upon his own comic, after it has been lavishly worked upon, makes me smile.

Cows Go Moose posted:

I do believe I'll be utilizing this, if you don't mind.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Cuckoo posted:

Wait what I haven't followed that stuff since we found out he was racist when Obama got elected, what the hell?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Glitterbomber posted:

Wait what I haven't followed that stuff since we found out he was racist when Obama got elected, what the hell?

http://www.sonichu.com/cwcki/28_October_2011

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Everdraed posted:

I do believe I'll be utilizing this, if you don't mind.

This scares me more than the picture does :stonk:

Hiilai posted:

That Shadow is the best thing ever. :allears:

Cows Go Moose, please draw more!

Oh what the hell. I've got a minute to spare

He looks... too normal :stare: Like, the way a serious cartoonist might depict him. If he wanted a grumpy Shadow.

Mr. D Bewildering fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Feb 20, 2012

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

Cows Go Moose posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo this thread is my love. I completely skimmed over the part where the troll tells his goddamn life story. There's some continuity to this, however weak, and that's both hilarious and kind of terrifying. Somehow the level of effort he's put into it is more upsetting than the violence. I mean, gently caress, he could do like me and at least squander his youth playing DnD and actually talking to people.

I made some things.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

:regd08::regd08::regd08:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Cows Go Moose posted:

That's great, but he lost that vacant, shellshocked look.

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

UnsubRedun posted:

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

This scares me more than the picture does :stonk:

Oh what the hell. I've got a minute to spare

He looks... too normal :stare: Like, the way a serious cartoonist might depict him. If he wanted a grumpy Shadow.

He looks a little baby shadow, all compressed and pudgy.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I would love this as an avatar.

We want to start taking bets on which completely unrelated characters show up next?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Oh man I saw this comic on another forum, and then I come here and see that SA is already all over it.

I'm still not sure if this is the tragic work of a sad little man or the grand opus of some mad genius. I could totally see this all being a product of a prodigy from the "bad on purpose" school of thought.

Maybe I'm just in denial that someone could just accidentally create something so unintentionally hilarious.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Feb 20, 2012

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
What is it about Sonic that attracts these kinds of people?

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I have to agree with this. It looks almost like professional squash and stretch.

That's what's so mind boggling about this comic...wether he got training and remained uniformly terrible, or he has talent and wastes it doing MSpaint sagas, it's obvious through perspective and some attempted traces that he could maybe possibly kind of draw.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

LordArgh posted:

What is it about Sonic that attracts these kinds of people?

Easy to draw, apparently.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I haven't felt this feeling since I first heard about Chris-chan; I honestly can not tell if this is all real of if it is a well constructed troll.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

UnsubRedun posted:

This is wonderful. You are wonderful.If anyone can adjust my avatar to be a little more text and a little less Sonic that would be much appreciated.

Edit: I'm a retarded newbie who doesn't know how gang tags work.

Insertnamehere31 fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 20, 2012

Seris
Sep 20, 2006

its like some kind of stinky caterpillar

this is the best thing ive ever read

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

notZaar posted:

That's great, but he lost that vacant, shellshocked look.

I tried to bring it back with photoshop.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

HarkToTheLoons posted:

Whoa.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

HarkToTheLoons posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

DoktorSandvich
May 15, 2011

UnsubRedun posted:

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Cuckoo posted:

I have to agree with this. It looks almost like professional squash and stretch.

That's what's so mind boggling about this comic...wether he got training and remained uniformly terrible, or he has talent and wastes it doing MSpaint sagas, it's obvious through perspective and some attempted traces that he could maybe possibly kind of draw.

I've noticed that the hands are surprisingly decent. Probably just tracing, but trying to do that kind of stuff on MS paint ain't easy. The quality seems to leap around pretty crazily, some experimentation but not much in terms of actual improvement.

That and the occasional flash of actual wit with the writing is what makes this whole thing so surreal. Making something just plain poo poo is pretty easy, hitting that sweet spot where its "so bad is good" is harder than people give it credit for. When it's struck by accident, like here, it's gold.