Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I would offer my voice, but I'm already immortalized in history since I created the gang tag.

Also my voice is lovely. Sing like a fuckin' angel, though.

Hellsau posted:

Really if it begins with an F and can kill something, our boy Lazerbot will be there to put a knife in it.

The same knife, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Hellsau posted:

We've only read his Magnum Opus, there's still plenty of material left. How about : gently caress you sopa

which is the spiritual successor of: facebook kills myspace

Really if it begins with an F and can kill something, our boy Lazerbot will be there to put a knife in it.

I like that it's the exact same image for the F in both. Someone's been taking a page out of Buckley's book

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Oh god thank you so much for this thread, best laugh I've had in a long time.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Nthing support for the gang tag. Something like this needs to be memorialized so that future generations may learn of its brilliance.

At least until we move on to some other poo poo.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Sir Prancelot posted:

Sweet Jesus yes.

I think we are underestimating this young artist's ability to capture the expressions of the distraught and traumatized.

"War. War never changes."

I'm sorry.

Great Green Auk fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Feb 20, 2012

Sir Prancelot
Mar 7, 2008

:h:Knight of the
Rainbow Table.:h:
You've made my night. :allears:

Patriot
Feb 13, 2012
Oh my sweet lord, when you guys get to the later parts I would love to audition as vector. Oh man my freaking eye. :rolleye:

John Liver
May 4, 2009

I could voice someone too, if you need a bass Midwesterner with a cheap microphone.

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy
This is simply amazing. I'm definitely joining in on all of the avatar fun. Everdraed, if I had any money, I would totally pay you to continue doing what you're doing.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This is the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

I got to say that I'm loving emo troll. His design's actually interesting for someone with so little talent (which makes me suspect it's traced) and I love how he takes no joy in trolling. He just delivers these burns with a perfect :geno: because, you know what Tails, you are a stupid homo and he's just doing his duty letting you know, giving absolutely no shits. I hope he survives, or, failing that, goes out in the most spectacularly gory way possible. :allears:

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

Nunez posted:

Everdraed posted:

Also, it's turtle time.

You're UGLY!You're UGLY!

Cows Go Moose posted:

You know, when I saw this, I couldn't help but think that it would look great as one of those art shifts you see in Spongebob.

UnsubRedun posted:

Everdraed posted:

I'll finish this later, but in the meantime here's a rough of halfway through page one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mi7uh-dS8&hd=1

:allears:

Great Green Auk posted:

"War. War never changes."

I'm sorry.

Plus all the avatars and audio recordings.

This has been an amazing ride and I hope it is only just getting started

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Everdraed posted:

I'll finish this later, but in the meantime here's a rough of halfway through page one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8mi7uh-dS8&hd=1
Still need to animate the next six panels and spice the whole thing up, but I'm happy with it so far. Not sure how many pages I'll do, as it's pretty time consuming stuff.

Just quoting this piece of awesome.

Seriously. This rules.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I linked it to my friend but he just replied 'tl;dr'. Whatever, his loss.

Blackclaw
Jan 4, 2008

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF RELEASING IN AUSTRALIA THAN ROCK BAND EVER WILL
We need to go harder than this. Get those guys who did all those short films in the whoaComedy mod challenge to make a live adaptation.

quote:

yesssssss

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Oh god, I can't stop laughing

I'm in for the gang tags, this thread made my night.

i have a
girl
friend

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
This is the most original, well-scripted webcomic I have ever read.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

Prokhor posted:

I agree, dealing with troll is hard, Sonic.

Edit: God help me, I've finally done it. I've finally drawn something that is technically Sonic fanart. Welp. :suicide:

Great Green Auk fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 20, 2012

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair
IIRC the secret to gang tags is:

Someone uses platinum to attach it to a post.
Everyone that wants it buys a new av and put [img]attachmentlink[/img] at the bottom of the av.

This way, anyone that wants a gang tag gets one without having to annoy mods/staff about it.

I may be off on this, and if so please correct me so people don't waste money on it not working but afaik as long as the img is on the SA servers its good to go for tags.

Lastly: Anyone not reading Shadow as Solid Snake is doing it wrong.

Keith Stack
Nov 5, 2008

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I'd really like this part framed and put in a gallery somewhere.

I hope I'm the not only person who immediately heard this when they read that.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well, here I am, attaching it to a post *clasps hands together in prayer*

e: did I miss something here? It doesn't really provide an image link

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
I can't think of a situation in which this comic isn't awesome.

Whether it's a knowing parody of Sonic fanfic or the sincere scribblings of a grossly uneducated (and likely troubled) youth, it's still great- even if for different reasons.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

powerofrecall posted:

Well, here I am, attaching it to a post *clasps hands together in prayer*

e: did I miss something here? It doesn't really provide an image link

code:
[img]http://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=400757557[/img]

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

I have to agree with this. It looks almost like professional squash and stretch.

That's what's so mind boggling about this comic...wether he got training and remained uniformly terrible, or he has talent and wastes it doing MSpaint sagas, it's obvious through perspective and some attempted traces that he could maybe possibly kind of draw.

Yeah there are parts where the modeling really comes through, and there are times where you can see, like in the part where he is super sonic, the guy is using different brushes and is using opacity and transparency and the guy has glimpses of technical skill, but then in the next page it goes back to like MSPaint stuff. There are also glances at like actual humor in the thing, it makes me think this is another example of something like that Half Life Full Life Consequences that people loved.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Great Green Auk posted:

I'm loving the 5 o'clock shadow going on there. Now he just needs a packet of cheap cigarettes and a trucker hat.

Great Green Auk posted:

Edit: God help me, I've finally done it. I've finally drawn something that is technically Sonic fanart. Welp. :suicide:
There's no going back now. You'll have to post it on DA. :allears:

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

hyperhazard posted:

They say if you look too deep into the abyss, the abyss looks back at you. :gonk:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Great Green Auk posted:

They say if you look too deep into the abyss, the abyss looks back at you. :gonk:

And that abyss is Shanic's mouth.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

hyperhazard posted:

I don't think we're quite to that just yet.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.
Everdraed, so you don't burn yourself out, I highly suggest just animating a few of the more...iconic scenes, than trying to animate the entire run of the comics.

But good god drat job on what you've done so far, anyway, it's fuckin' magical. This whole thing is magical.

Really eager to see what other crazy poo poo happens. Bet he makes Shadow the true protagonist, would make sense that a guy that creates this strange thing idolizes Shadow.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
It's just so loving violent! :wtf:

Also that Micah Rat thing is pretty much Adult Swim personified and amplified.

Pretty sure you could play Micah Rat MOS on a projector at a warehouse party and everyone would talk about for years after the fact.

Smythe fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Feb 20, 2012

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
I wonder how far he'll go with pulling characters from other franchises, seeing as how the Sega/Nintendo line has already been crossed. What's next, DMC emo trolls? Final Fantasy? Colecovision squares?

This thing has the potential to draw in every game in existence into a superdense ball of misdirected rage and awkward hilarity before collapsing on itself to produce either the author's suicide or something amazing enough to be exhibited at MoMA. Or both.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Der Luftwaffle posted:

I wonder how far he'll go with pulling characters from other franchises, seeing as how the Sega/Nintendo line has already been crossed. What's next, DMC emo trolls? Final Fantasy? Colecovision squares?

This thing has the potential to draw in every game in existence into a superdense ball of misdirected rage and awkward hilarity before collapsing on itself to produce either the author's suicide or something amazing enough to be exhibited at MoMA. Or both.

Just the Sega/Nintendo line? He's crossed the Sega/Nintendo/Loony Tunes line. We're not even in the world of games anymore.

Next to appear are going to be Mumm-ra and Captain Planet, one can only hope.

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
Someone linked him.

I hope he continues the storyline! :(

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

What if he's one of those types that joins in and is like, "Whattup?"

He might get an avatar. From someone.

Jus' sayin'.

The Halogens
Sep 2, 2011

lazerbot posted:

well thanks to my new fan/haters to make a subject about my comic and my art. thanks for taking time out of your probably not interesting lives. they might be interesting i dont know. i mean theres 12 pages of them talking about my work lol i wish someone would of told me sooner and i would of got in on all the fun how rude of you bastards lol i mean you surely proven that a comic about trolls will get Attention if its good or not. its only a matter of time right? so continue it up and link me it. lol it interest me to see what you.ll do next. oh heres the link to the side [link] . and you got the name wrong on the site a simple mistake but its not sonic & and friends gets trolled. its called tails gets trolled so make sure to fix it. and who ever started the whole subject give me a message and lets talk abit maybe drink some tea

I think he's okay with it. Is it still funny if he makes updates with the knowledge that we like it? Hopefully it continues to be of the same quality.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

I personally think that the "Troll Slaiyers" tag with the black border around it looks better than the one without.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
He seemed to allude to "joining in" on the discussion. Too bad he probably won't spring for an account.

Plus he'd be banned pretty quickly what with his bad spelling and all. :sigh:

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
I'm sad Wile is only in one panel. I guess he is the one who supplied the TNT for the concert?

Also Lazerbot, if you are reading this, you are the best type of artist according to these guys.

Keep on shining.

Daddys hot grill fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Feb 20, 2012

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Keith Stack posted:

I hope I'm the not only person who immediately heard this when they read that.

Personally, I know that I heard this gem.

ETA: The last person I remember joining SA because we were laughing at them was Mermaid Shelley, and as far as I know that's still working out great. :allears:

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
That Wile E is so obviously traced, he looks so smug as well. This thread is golden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

GreenAcidRage posted:

That Wile E is so obviously traced, he looks so smug as well. This thread is golden.