Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Could someone be so kind as to avatarize this for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

CURATOR OF ANIME posted:

and where is tails :mad:
What if he and Shadow are the same person? :tinfoil:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trans-Angeles posted:

I can't help it I'm dying over here. In all my years of using the phrase ragged on I've never once considered the possibility of meaning it the way it was used in that panel. I've always took it to mean 'made fun of'.

It's funny, he's using "trolled" to mean "made fun of". There's some serious language evolution going on right in front of us here.

"These guys trolled me so I ragged on them!"

It's like going to Britain and making a joke about being "stuffed" at dinner and having everyone look at you awkwardly.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Mowglis Haircut posted:

The weird thing about this is that it's genuinely funny in places. Like the art and story and characters are SO BAD but the comic timing is oddly good.

Yeah, I think that's part of the reason why it's actually, unironically enjoyable to read; the terrible typos and bad art make the at times brilliant dialog and timing even funnier.

It really is like some Tim and Eric poo poo in webcomic form.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

hyperhazard posted:

What if he and Shadow are the same person? :tinfoil:

If there is a Tyler Durden plot twist, I'm not sure I could cope. I would run around just yelling at people and walls until I eventually cried myself to sleep knowing that my existence had reached it's peak.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Emong posted:

Could someone be so kind as to avatarize this for me?

Shrunk it for you. Anything else, and you'll need someone more skilled than me.

Some other choice panels, if anybody wants them:

hyperhazard fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 20, 2012

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The last panel is just THE ARISTOCRATS with the Papyrus font.

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

I've been skim reading the comics and it truly is something, ironic or not this is over our heads. Goons, we are in the presence of greatness.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Not a single ear.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jet Set Jettison posted:

This and everything else is absolutely loving hilarious. Can't wait for more.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
Can we add all of the panels to the OP? I really want to read this masterpiece in its complete form. (Well, in progress form right now)

Great Green Auk posted:

Not a single ear.
:neckbeard:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

When I get home in an hour or so, I have them all saved and numbered in a folder, I'll update it with the new panels and upload it somewhere for you.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

UnsubRedun posted:

When I get home in an hour or so, I have them all saved and numbered in a folder, I'll update it with the new panels and upload it somewhere for you.
Sweet, thanks.

jaydee864 posted:

So how do we make this official?

hyperhazard fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 20, 2012

Ghost of Babyhead
Jun 28, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Jet Set Jettison posted:

The poster for when this masterpiece gets adapted into a movie. Complete with large white text like every other movie poster recently.

I can't get over sonic's eyes peeking through the TROLED

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

What is it about Sonic that brings out the worst in people? Every franchise has its strange fans, but none quite like the ones Sonic has. It's baffling to me. :psyduck:

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
I think you meant "best in people"

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

When did Mario become so Machiavellian?

Mariago

squeegee
Jul 22, 2001

Bright as the sun.

Macrame_God posted:

What is it about Sonic that brings out the worst in people? Every franchise has its strange fans, but none quite like the ones Sonic has. It's baffling to me. :psyduck:

It really is an interesting phenomenon. I was really, really into the Sonic games when I was like 12 and sometimes I just sit back and thank the powers that be that I grew out of that poo poo and didn't become one of "those people."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

UnsubRedun posted:

More importantly, where is the man with no ears?

I know right? I've been saying this and nobodys been listening. Its like they've all gone deaf or something.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

hyperhazard posted:

Sweet, thanks.

So how do we make this official?

I just tried to buy a title for someone to add it to the bottom, and apparently [img] has been disabled again as per the av purchase page. Also, checking the SAClopedia, I was off on the proceedure:

quote:

It should be noted that gang tags (or at least "unofficial" ones) can be added, since apparently the [img] tag once again works when buying a title. The procedure is for one wealthy goon to purchase the desired tag as an avatar, which gets it uploaded to Something Awful's servers. Then everyone else in the thread buys a "new" title, which is really just using the same title and avatar but with the new gang tag at the end of the title.

Basically, we're stewed.

Edit:

Great Green Auk posted:

Not a single ear.

I almost forgot: right click/set as background this is pretty great

Micromancer fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Feb 20, 2012

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 20 minutes!
God I love this thread. I love this comic. This is just pure amazing wrapped up in a sparkle of greatness :neckbeard:

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
You know, I think this comic has a much deeper meaning then we think. Maybe this comic can say a little something about society? Like for example, Sonic represents the corruption of moral values. Like when he turn into dark sonic. Mario and Luigi could be the government keeping their secrets from the public so in the end they win, even if it means making sacrifices. And the man with no ears, is society itself, turning a deaf ear to the problems in the world. Lazerbot, I want to commend you for opening our eyes.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

No ears guy made me laugh so loving hard. I mean the comic itself is funny but no ears guy is an actual slice of comedic genius, I'm glad other people are noticing this.

Sheer brilliance.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I spent entirely too much time on this.

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010

Great Green Auk posted:

Not a single ear.

Oh my god. This guys face, cropped down to avatar size, would finally make me stump up for the cash. Can any computery wizards help me out with that?

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I like how the guy thought that the thread title is what we thought the name of his comic was. Because thread titles are somehow required to be the name of what is being discussed.

Personally, I think he was entirely serious about this series, at least at first. When he found out what people thought about it, he decided to say it was all a joke on those people. He rolled with the punches. And then he made it more amazing. I really don't care about his true feelings about this work, but either way he either created an amazing persona, or he has created an amazing work unintentionally or not. All I hope is that he is able to keep it at the level of amazing that it is, if not make it even more amazing.

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah

Friends Are Evil posted:

I spent entirely too much time on this.

This is beautiful. I love how it accentuates the uncanny single-eye thing that Sonic characters have going on.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?

ThatPazuzu posted:

If there is a Tyler Durden plot twist, I'm not sure I could cope. I would run around just yelling at people and walls until I eventually cried myself to sleep knowing that my existence had reached it's peak.

I've made it to this point and this is all that I can think of happening.

I love this comic/thread. I knew having a DA account would pay off eventually.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

This thread has generated a good amount of money for SA with all these avatar purchases, guys.

If the [img] tags start working again, I'll buy the gang tag since I need to change my avatar text anyway, and you guys can crib off of that.

Unless a mod steps in an hands them out. I don't know if this is "big" enough for gang tags, though, despite the money we've put into SA so far.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

UnsubRedun posted:

If the [img] tags start working again, I'll buy the gang tag since I need to change my avatar text anyway, and you guys can crib off of that.

Unless a mod steps in an hands them out. I don't know if this is "big" enough for gang tags, though, despite the money we've put into SA so far.
I posted a question in the "Ask us about the forums some more" thread, so hopefully we'll get closure soon. :ohdear:

athena
Feb 9, 2009

Data Graham posted:

It's funny, he's using "trolled" to mean "made fun of". There's some serious language evolution going on right in front of us here.

"These guys trolled me so I ragged on them!"

It's like going to Britain and making a joke about being "stuffed" at dinner and having everyone look at you awkwardly.

I'm not sure what you mean, I'm British and I use the term stuffed to describe being full of food :confused:

athena fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Feb 20, 2012

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

This comic is the absolute perfect storm of both ironic and unironic amazingness. A lot of it's so bad it's good but a lot of it's legitimately funny in its own right.
Knuckles is the latter.
Oh god he cracked me up.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
My favorite part in retrospect so far is the fight between Mario and Luigi.

Most artists would just crib off of some other media like Dragonball Z, but not lazer. While he clearly took inspiration from it, both the Mario Bros. used powers canonical to their universe, using fireballs, statues, and various suits to do battle. It added to the abominable beauty of the scene, that elevates it to a truly glorious representation of the fated duel between the plumber siblings.

The man is dedicated, is what I am saying. He goes above and beyond your common DA MSpaint meister. I can respect that.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

The Mario Bros. fight was legitimately awesome as gently caress.

hyperhazard posted:

I posted a question in the "Ask us about the forums some more" thread, so hopefully we'll get closure soon. :ohdear:

Rad.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Micromancer posted:

Edit:

I almost forgot: right click/set as background this is pretty great
I just stole this idea. It's wonderful.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Good God I've finally caught up...yet feel strangely unfulfilled. Please tell me Lazerbot is finishing this as we speak, I'm not sure if I can live in a world where I don't see how this plays out.

Brooks Cracktackle
Oct 17, 2008

At first glance I was ready to berate the OP for posting some mspaint garbage, but after actually reading it, holy poo poo. This is the best mspaint garbage I've seen in a long time.

High shovel!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Jackie D posted:

Good God I've finally caught up...yet feel strangely unfulfilled. Please tell me Lazerbot is finishing this as we speak, I'm not sure if I can live in a world where I don't see how this plays out.

As seen on the previous page, yes!

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

I should really be working on stuff for my printmaking class. Instead, I'm churning these out.

Friends Are Evil fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octane Diesel
Sep 27, 2011

People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting too!

UnsubRedun posted:

If this isn't big enough for gang tags, then I don't want to live on this planet anymore. Hell, I've been meaning to change my avatar, I'd be willing to chip in the extra couple of dollars for it.

UnsubRedun posted:

The last panel is just THE ARISTOCRATS with the Papyrus font.

the papyrus makes it classy.