Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiftless Red
Mar 2, 2009

When I'm about to retire, I am so going to teach this epic as part of a short stories unit.

"Write a short essay on whether you believe that villains must be used to deal with trolls or not. Use examples from the story to support your position."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beauty queen breakdown
Dec 21, 2010

partially cromulent posting.
"2021's worst kept secret"

Lord Byron III posted:

Lurdiak posted:

:v: This is beautiful. And you even transparent-ified it! Glorious.

(feels unjustifiably proud of pixeling up a pair of shovels)

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

I do not claim to be an artist.
(Nor do I claim I didn't trace this, because I totally did.)

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

e: nvm, but the Bugs Bunny coming out sequence is one of the best parts of this comic and ^ is amazing.

when i was
getting trolled he
was the only one
there for me and
when i was
acting gay i
actually became
gay with daffy

The poetry of this whole thing is just amazing. :allears:

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 21, 2012

fivetwo
Jun 19, 2009

Jet Set Jettison posted:

new panel!

http://lazerbot.deviantart.com/#/d4qdch6

E: For those who dont have Deviant art accounts

I just think it's funny that he is acting like Bugs and Daffy don't mean poo poo, meanwhile they're 1000x more important to American pop culture than loving Sonic...

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.
^^^^stumpy bugs, genius

This is gold

Friends Are Evil posted:

I should really be working on stuff for my printmaking class. Instead, I'm churning these out.

On to the plot. It seems pretty clear (as mud) that Shadow is the main character, but I wonder if death is enough to keep Sonic down? Also I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what Mario's master plan is...

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

HarkToTheLoons posted:

I do not claim to be an artist.
(Nor do I claim I didn't trace this, because I totally did.)

A trace... of a tracing...!?

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Just a heads up that I uploaded the whole series in imgur albums for easy reading or if you want to share with friends.

Link

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008

Matt Cruea posted:

A trace... of a tracing...!?

No, SomethingAwful, you are the comic author.

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM
My favourite thing about Mario's plan is that he's willing to murder a ton of characters so that some stereotypical bullies won't call him fat anymore.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I really like the video sample posted so far, and the voice acting tests are cool, too, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I recited the entire first chapter, word for word, in one take, which probably wasn't a good idea.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

My favourite thing about Mario's plan is that he's willing to murder a ton of characters so that some stereotypical bullies won't call him fat anymore.

Not even bullies. They're like typical online gamers mixed with a DeviantArt user's interpretation of constructive criticism.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

He's okay with fat, but fat looking is where he draws the mother loving line.

Daddys hot grill
Oct 4, 2010

You're crazy man.

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

Not just trolls, your friends too.

I love what he has done with the characterisations. There exactly what I imagine these characters to be like if they were real.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

This comic is genius. When it's finished I'm going to print it out, get it bound, and leave it in a library.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Olivil posted:

Just a heads up that I uploaded the whole series in imgur albums for easy reading or if you want to share with friends.

Link
Wow, separated into chapters and everything. You are awesome.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Jeff Goldblum posted:

I really like the video sample posted so far, and the voice acting tests are cool, too, so I figured I'd give it a shot. I recited the entire first chapter, word for word, in one take, which probably wasn't a good idea.

I want to see an animation of the comic that looks just like the Zelda CD-i cutscenes, but with this voiceover.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Jeff Goldblum posted:

It wasn't a good idea, it was a great idea. Your Shadow is particularly excellent. (also your Knuckles but that goes without saying.)

ALEX TRILLTON posted:

Should've listened to Bugs:

(Avatar club! :woop:)

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 21, 2012

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

FadingChord posted:

I will never not love this. He's just so pleased with himself. Like "they can't say mean things about you while your tongue is down their throat :smug:"

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGrprj9D1QI&hd=1
Finished the first page, hurray!

Jeff Goldblum posted:

Well done! Some great voices here, especially for Shadow. As I said before these are a lot of work so no idea when I'll start the next page, but I'll probably look through the different voices that are posted and pick whichever single recording for each line is funniest, since consistency just fetters silliness.

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 21, 2012

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.
^^ That is amazing! I love the turtle cameo.

They can't troll you if you dress up as a girl and kiss them.

Genius.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm entirely convinced that everything about this intentional and Lazerbot is playing a character. Parts of the comic are just too perfect and self aware. Things like "I don't have loving ears" and "Sorry tails if this looks gay to the viewers". This guy knows exactly what he's doing and he's doing it brilliantly.

Mario calling Shadow out on his hypocrisy was pretty fantastic, too. Lesser works wouldn't acknowledge any fault in the lead character.

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Everdraed posted:

Well done! Some great voices here, especially for Shadow. As I said before these are a lot of work so no idea when I'll start the next page, but I'll probably look through the different voices that are posted and pick whichever single recording for each line is funniest, since consistency just fetters silliness.

That was INCREDIBLE

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

Everdraed posted:

I. I just. What the-

Holy poo poo, Everdraed. Just when I think this thread won't get any better. I'm looking forward to any and all future installments.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
Everdraed, if you do the whole thing you'll win the entire internet, no joke.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Haha great job Everdraed.

Someone wanted this without the speech bubbles I think. Ok I wanted it too.

(<= claimed)

no dont break the remote!!

Heran Bago fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 21, 2012

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009

Everdraed posted:

you
are
godlike

I wish I could get my microphone to work again. I wouldn't mind snagging a part should this whole thing take off.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Everdraed posted:

no words...should've brought a poet...

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
This thread is lightning in a bottle.

Patriot
Feb 13, 2012

Everdraed posted:

Wonderful, simply wonderful. I am really looking forward to see what the later chapters are going to look like in this animated format, it is just amazing!

Oh and here is more vector. (with some attempts at vomiting blood.)

Edit: Link was bork'd.

Patriot fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Feb 21, 2012

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Everdraed posted:

This just proves that lightning can strike twice. This is absolutely amazing. About how long did it take you total to make all that?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What's the "Bart The General" that people keep referencing? The old Simpsons episode?

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?
I wanted to contribute.

shortprsn
Apr 21, 2008

Nilbop posted:

What's the "Bart The General" that people keep referencing? The old Simpsons episode?

It's a series of poorly made Simpsons parodies. Here's the original:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_6Kp7q5tbA

Skeletome
Feb 4, 2011

Tell them about the tournament!

Holy poo poo that is both incredible and horrifying.

If anyone made me a Shovel Five avatar I'd love you forever, that has to be the highlight of the whole thing.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Nilbop posted:

Watch and learn
MARGEEEEEE YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEARTTTTTTTTTTTT

ChaosTheory
Oct 1, 2003

Pillbug
Please use this bugs bunie sounds for your animation story.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Sweet dreams.

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Great Green Auk posted:

Sweet dreams.

-1 point for "they're" instead of "there" :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

-1 point for "they're" instead of "there" :colbert:

Actually the original had the all lower-caps "they cant troll you if there dead" but it looked dumb