Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I love Abe, he's such a great juxtaposition between bike-riding hunk and apron-wearing chef. He's such a jock, I wonder if he makes fun of the nerds he works with. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Abe is too cool to make fun of anyone, he don't need to bring people down to make himself feel good. I bet he even keeps a flower garden on his windowsill. That's just how loving manly he is.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Abe is a manly man sculpted from my dreams and into a Japanese TV show camera man :swoon:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011
While looking up random Mother stuff on YouTube, I came across a small bit of GCCX I haven't seen yet (presumably translated by Tomato of Mother 3 patch fame, given that he runs EB Central, StarmenNet, and this YT account).

It's a Mother themed Everything I Need To Know And So On segment, but I'm not sure which episode it's from. Either way, it's a tiny bit of GCCX to tide me over until the next great episode!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Yea I don't seriously expect Abe to do that, he's more like a big brother to the rest of the nerdgang so they can enjoy their games and he takes care of chores and good eatings'

Re: Live broadcast: When exactly is that going down and do you think they'd be excited to get a fax from Germany if I try really hard with what little knowledge of functional Japanese I have? :3:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Katana Gomai posted:

Re: Live broadcast: When exactly is that going down and do you think they'd be excited to get a fax from Germany if I try really hard with what little knowledge of functional Japanese I have? :3:

I think they'll flip out if they get faxes from around the world.

055 - Quest of Ki part 2
Download torrent81 (1 files; 480.82 MB)
View torrent stats

060 - Bonk's Adventure
Download torrent81 (1 files; 482.75 MB)
View torrent stats

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Friday at 6PM Japan time. Adjust that for Germany...
e: Oh, apparently they're doing a pre-show a few hours before?

Keep in mind they're doing it because Arino is turning 40, so surely a lot of faxes will include birthday greetings.

Random Stranger posted:

I think they'll flip out if they get faxes from around the world.
They didn't even acknowledge mine. :( (to be fair, it was sent right after a look-at-the-faxes segment and was about Punch-Out because it was prepared before knowing they'd be doing Lemmings.)

rdbbb fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Feb 21, 2012

Plasquatch
Mar 21, 2007

Yo, PM3:00 desu ka?

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

It's a Mother themed Everything I Need To Know And So On segment, but I'm not sure which episode it's from. Either way, it's a tiny bit of GCCX to tide me over until the next great episode!

That is from #79 (LayLa), and it is the very first Everything I Need-- segment.

Now could somebody please tell me what's going on here: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/otn/tokumeika/

It looks to be some sort of spin-off or tie-in or something...

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

Will there be a way to stream the live broadcast?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Not officially, but I always poke around livestream sites.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

rdbbb posted:

Not officially, but I always poke around livestream sites.

I hope you poke onto Twitter immediately afterwards.

Would it be a good idea for us to include "SA GCCX" on the faxes that come from goons? Maybe etched into illustrations, since most of the faxes shown on TV seem to include one.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone know what music is used for the "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned From Strategy Guides" segment?

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Tyma posted:

Would it be a good idea for us to include "SA GCCX" on the faxes that come from goons? Maybe etched into illustrations, since most of the faxes shown on TV seem to include one.

Is that really necessary? It seems kinda narcissistic... like, 'hey we are part of the cool club give us preferential attention'.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
Yeah, it seems like it'd be better to say "from an American fan" than to try to promote in that way.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Especially since it wouldnt mean anything to them. Put a flag of whatever nation you hail from, Im sure the staff would be much happier seeing a bunch of foreigners giving Arino well-wishes than some cryptic runes.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I think all the ponkoron ringtone links have gone dead, can anyone please upload it :3:

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

Chwyldro Dawnsio Dawns

Corridor posted:

Is that really necessary? It seems kinda narcissistic... like, 'hey we are part of the cool club give us preferential attention'.

Ok, bad idea. My logic is that SA GGCX is basically their unofficial American "fan club" at this point :{

I was actually wary of putting "From a fan in Scotland" on a fax, since the show doesn't air in this country.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tyma posted:

I was actually wary of putting "From a fan in Scotland" on a fax, since the show doesn't air in this country.

"... and I am watching a stream on the internet from a Japanese national" is a pretty valid explanation in this day and age, even if it isn't true.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~

Kiranamos posted:

I think all the ponkoron ringtone links have gone dead, can anyone please upload it :3:

What. I've never cared enough to download ringtones in my life, but I MUST have this one for a text sound.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Kiranamos posted:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wd22qh

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Katana Gomai posted:

You should also include a bit in German or English that says "Do I know the Kachou? Yes!"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Hello new text message notification.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
About the Live special.... Random Stranger said it was 9 AM GMT which is 4 AM EST... But is that on Thursday morning or Friday morning? I don't know which...! :cry:

I already know what I'm sending him! :xd: I just... Have to sit down and draw it... And then figure out how to fax it. :xd: Oh, this is going to be SO great! Arino will be SO surprised! :xd:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Nahxela posted:

You should also include a bit in German or English that says "Do I know the Kachou? Yes!"

That's am amazing idea, also the German translation for 課長 is "Manager" (yes, the English term) or "Geschäftsführer"; Arino is my Führer alright.

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

I just wanted to thank the SA team for translating so many episodes of Game Center CX and getting me hooked on the show after I came across the Kotak dubs last summer. You guys are the best. :3: Pity I'll probably be asleep during the livestream, since I have classes later in the day, but I still have a few episodes I haven't watched yet (Bomberman was a great episode; I loved the way Arino kept killing himself early in the challenge, either by walking into enemies or trapping himself with his own bombs).

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

genredleader posted:

About the Live special.... Random Stranger said it was 9 AM GMT which is 4 AM EST... But is that on Thursday morning or Friday morning? I don't know which...! :cry:

I already know what I'm sending him! :xd: I just... Have to sit down and draw it... And then figure out how to fax it. :xd: Oh, this is going to be SO great! Arino will be SO surprised! :xd:

EST is 5 hours behind GMT so if it's 9AM GMT on Thursday that means it's 4AM EST that same Thursday.

Japan is 9 hours ahead of GMT so that means it'll be starting at 6PM JST.

VVVVV - or that but it really isn't that hard.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 21, 2012

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Jiminy Christmas. http://www.worldtimeserver.com/convert_time_in_JP.aspx

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
THANK YOU and that link shall bookmarked for future reference!

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

rdbbb posted:

They didn't even acknowledge mine. :( (to be fair, it was sent right after a look-at-the-faxes segment and was about Punch-Out because it was prepared before knowing they'd be doing Lemmings.)

Plus, you've since met Arino in person and actually been featured on the show. That's got to take the sting out of it a little, right?

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Kiranamos posted:

Nakayama's ponkoron bow for SMS/notification or ringtone use:

.mp3 version.
.m4r version.

I just relinked them through my Mediafire account, just like I did before. Tell me if they're not working and I'll try reuploading them somewhere else.

e: it might be that Mediafire's share links are not everlasting so if anyone wants to, please feel free to host them anywhere.

ee: crud, I didn't check whether or not this request was answered before. :v: Well, at least some of you might enjoy the iPhone version if that works. Can't test it due to being an Android user.

jyrque fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Feb 21, 2012

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

I think this is the first time I've ever wished I had access to a fax.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Corridor posted:

I think this is the first time I've ever wished I had access to a fax.

Pretty sure that there are internet methods of doing this. I know goons have a distaste for the invocation of Anon, but how else do you think they bombed Scientology with hundreds of thousands of black-page faxes?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Fickle Fascination posted:

Plus, you've since met Arino in person and actually been featured on the show. That's got to take the sting out of it a little, right?

Yes, I wasn't seriously lamenting it.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Nintendo's stream just confirmed that there will be new GCCX Nintendo Channel episodes where Arino classic games re-released for 3DS! The teaser showed Kirby's Dreamland and Legend of Zelda.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Also JaJaMaru (Maru's Mission) and Qix!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is this for the English store?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Mister Chief posted:

Is this for the English store?
I doubt it. All three Nintendo branches are doing special streams to announce some new stuff and it sounds like Japan is having/had their's. The US one (with Reggie Fils-Aime) starts in a couple hours, but I'll be asleep by then. I hope they announce that SAGCCX will translate those videos for the US 3DS Nintendo Channel, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim unless there's something that someone around here isn't telling us.

Edit: That would've been a good time to announce Retro Game Challenge 3 and/or Retro Game Challenge 1 and 2 compilation for the Wii U, which I still think would be a great platform for a new RGC.

VVV gently caress you, I have homework and sleep to get caught up on! :argh: Edit: I didn't know there was a GBC version of Blaster Master.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Feb 22, 2012

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

There is a stream of Arino playing Virtual Console games right now. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-direct-2012-2-22

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Arino's playing Donkey Kong '94 (the Game Boy remake/sequel to the Arcade game) right now. gently caress homework and sleep, they can wait. :)

Edit: The GCCX stuff is over. I still wish that they would do a full episode of DK94 using the Super Gameboy, but that short video was good enough.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

bleep posted:

There is a stream of Arino playing Virtual Console games right now. http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nintendo-direct-2012-2-22

That was great! I wonder if there's an option to have any of the enhanced stuff show up.