Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.
Another solarium?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parachute
May 18, 2003

potee posted:

Another solarium?

Quite a find.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Parachute posted:

Quite a find.

You want to get nuts?

Come on. LET'S GET NUTS.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
What kind of snowblower did you get us mixed up with?

Not An Irish Monk
May 1, 2009
Is there a gif of Kramer sitting on the umbrella in The Checks from Season 8? Because if not, that certainty should be a thing.

"I'd give you a ride, but I got Karl Farbman here."

"Thanks for stopping!":reject:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
My user name was obviously taken from Seinfeld waaay back in the wilds, back when the show was broadcast in the wee hours on the BBC and seemed like a weird cult thing.

I never realized I had spelled it wrong until reading a review of the 'pilot' episode on the Onion AV Club recently. Live and learn.

Personally I think it's absolutely legit to use it as a barometer of someone's pop culture savvy, even now. Same as MST3K or Mr Show. If you don't dig Seinfeld you just don't know what's up.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS!

edit for content:

What really turned me on to the show was the early season scene where Kramer dresses up like an old cop from Dragnet and strong arms the pretentious cleaner into giving him the purloined statue. I don't think I've ever laughed at anything quite as hard as that.

"Just keep making love to that wall, pervert!"

joedevola fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Feb 19, 2012

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

joedevola posted:

Personally I think it's absolutely legit to use it as a barometer of someone's pop culture savvy, even now.

It's pronouced thermometer.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

joedevola posted:

What really turned me on to the show was the early season scene where Kramer dresses up like an old cop from Dragnet and strong arms the pretentious cleaner into giving him the purloined statue. I don't think I've ever laughed at anything quite as hard as that.

"Burglary, grand larceny, possession of stolen goods..... AND MURDER!"

And then he lets him off with a warning, haha :)

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

joedevola posted:

Related to this if someone could post a gif of Kramer slapping George on the back and making him drop the statue that would be great. I think it was there that I realized wow, this show is not going to do happy endings or let these characters enjoy any kind of victory. I was in love.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

joedevola posted:

My user name was obviously taken from Seinfeld waaay back in the wilds, back when the show was broadcast in the wee hours on the BBC and seemed like a weird cult thing.

My favorite cutaway joke on any TV series probably has to be Elaine waxing about how she likes dating a normal guy this time, and then it cuts to Joe Divola lifting weights to opera music, just blubbering out tears.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Maxwells Demon posted:

My favorite cutaway joke on any TV series probably has to be Elaine waxing about how she likes dating a normal guy this time, and then it cuts to Joe Divola lifting weights to opera music, just blubbering out tears.

I'd love to see this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uov9d-nqyFY

without audience laughter.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
KRAMER: Boy, I have really had it with Newman. He wakes me up again last night at three o'clock in the morning to tell me he's going up onto the roof to kill himself.

JERRY: Well, what'd you say?

KRAMER: I said "Jump." Well, he's been threatening to do this for years. I said " Look, if you're gonna kill yourself do it already and stop bothering me." At least I'd respect the guy for accomplishing something.

------------------

Season 2 writing wasn't the best but it showed promise.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
...Did he wave?

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Elaaaaine, I am going to find you, if not in your office, then in the xerox room, or the small conference room next to the kitchen, or the KITCHEN!!

BrandNew
May 16, 2007

Get me my BLUE WINDBREAKER!

Relayer posted:

Elaaaaine, I am going to find you, if not in your office, then in the xerox room, or the small conference room next to the kitchen, or the KITCHEN!!

She must have a blueprint of the building or something.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Relayer posted:

Woof!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's pronounced thermometer.

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's pronouced thermometer.

While I'm angry I said the same thing earlier, I can't be that upset because you had the [i]perfect[i] set up for it...bravo, good sir.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DrBouvenstein posted:

While I'm angry I said the same thing earlier, I can't be that upset because you had the [i]perfect[i] set up for it...bravo, good sir.

You can be mad that I misspelled "pronounced," I sure as hell am.

And I've been waiting for someone to bring up the word "barometer" in a conversation for years IRL.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001
"Heeeey bodysuit guy!"

"Okay, Chrissie. Give me a schtickle of flouride."

b0nes fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 20, 2012

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Coffee And Pie posted:

And I've been waiting for someone to bring up the word "barometer" in a conversation for years IRL.
I think this is one of those situations where it's worth hanging out with weathermen and atmospheric scientists just to set yourself up for life. You'll be rich!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
We're all at the same skill level!

Pierce and Pierce
Jul 1, 2007
Murders and Executions

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Pierce and Pierce posted:

I love that the kid in the front seat ended up being the mucus kid in Little Giants. By the way, I've probably stared at this gif for 10 straight minutes and it's still cracking me up.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Chili posted:

I love that the kid in the front seat ended up being the mucus kid in Little Giants.

And unless I'm wrong (and I'm not :colbert:) he also went on to play Howie the Intern on the last season of Scrubs.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

DrBouvenstein posted:

And unless I'm wrong (and I'm not :colbert:) he also went on to play Howie the Intern on the last season of Scrubs.

And he was in that Skittles commercial with a Skittles tree growing from him.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

mojo1701a posted:

This kid's going places!

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

mojo1701a posted:

They all have swirling chocolate in the commercial!

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

potee posted:

A nickel!

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

potee posted:

TWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIX!

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
All Im asking is that I get my money back, an apology, and for him to be fired

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
Because he's MY butler!

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
It's common courtesy, you enter a room, you wipe off your wheels.

(has that been posted in the thread?)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

neoboman posted:

It's common courtesy, you enter a room, you wipe off your wheels.

(has that been posted in the thread?)

It doesn't matter, this thread is the same 30 quotes over and over again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I was watching "The Bus Boy" the other day and the Notes About Nothing were mentioning how Jerry got taken aside and told (it kind of sounded like a warning) that he couldn't let the co-stars dominate the storylines like that and leave him with no independent storyline of his own.

I have to say, until it was pointed out I didn't even notice that Jerry really doesn't have anything to do in that episode. To be honest, I actually love that he takes a passive role in the episode and mostly sits back laughing his rear end off at George and Elaine's problems - it reminded me a little of his attitude when he tells George he sometimes spells his name name with a G..... AND AN I! :haw:

It also reminds me of perhaps my favorite Jerry moment in the entire series:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

John F. Kennedy June-yahhhhhh

LARRY JEW
Jan 7, 2010

Mopey Dick
Go fold your little balloon animals, Eric. Eric! What kind of name is that for a clown?!

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
Let me give you a word of advice. O.K.? I want you to stay away from me. I don't wanna talk to you, and I don't wanna hear anymore of your stupid little notes and suggestions. I don't like you. So if you got any other problems whether it's raisins, prunes, figs, or any other dried fruit, just keep it to yourself and stay out of my way, O.K.?

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

"It worked when I met George Peppard last week."

"George Peppard has been dead for years."

"Well whoever he was, he knew a lot about The A-Team!"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
oh god k-uger :gonk:

MSNBC posted:

Daniel von Bargen, a character actor who played Mr. Kruger on "Seinfeld," is in critical condition after shooting himself in the head, according to a report on TMZ.

The website has posted audio of a 911 call von Bargen made from his Ohio home Monday morning. During the call, he tells a dispatcher: "I was supposed to go to the hospital and I didn't want to. They were supposed to amputate at least a few toes."

Von Bargen, 61, says in the call that he shot himself in the temple with a .38 Colt and that he can't open his eyes. He tells the operator that he has already had one leg amputated and was "tired," referring to the procedure slated for his other leg.

The call ends with police entering von Bargen's apartment and they can be heard telling him to not move his hands and asking whether he has any other guns around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

I'm worried about it! :(