Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Deleted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Obeast posted:

Arino's playing Donkey Kong '94 (the Game Boy remake/sequel to the Arcade game) right now. gently caress homework and sleep, they can wait. :)

Edit: The GCCX stuff is over. I still wish that they would do a full episode of DK94 using the Super Gameboy, but that short video was good enough.

I feel like they have wasted some good games on these short challenges (Super Metroid) but I assume it's the only way they will get to challenge Nintendo games these days.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I got to tell you; it's never the episodes that you expect that turn out to be a ton of work. I think Go By Train is actually turning out to be a tougher job than the quiz episode I did.

Anyway, more refreshed torrents:

077 - Fatal Fury Special
Download torrent81 (1 files; 481.55 MB)
View torrent stats

086 - Punch Out
Download torrent81 (1 files; 475.51 MB)
View torrent stats

softcorps
May 25, 2005

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

zari-gani posted:

This isn't a recent pic (taken by Nakayama at TGS '11) but somehow it's the manliest photo of Abe I've seen.

(pic)
Isn't this like saying "this is the deadliest case of bubonic plague that I've ever seen"? Then again, I suppose that's quite a feat...

Also, for those without fax machines, there are things like this that you can use if you don't want to use one of the internet service methods. I don't remember the last time I had a laptop with phone jacks built into it, but if you have one of those you can use that too if you get some fax software. Of course, this all requires you to have a phone line which is also becoming increasingly archaic these days...

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Here is a link to the 3DS VC special from this morning!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172437

Kirall
May 5, 2008

joek0 posted:

Here is a link to the 3DS VC special from this morning!

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=172437

"This video has been removed by the user."

:(

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
For the attention of anybody with a 3DS:

Earlier today, Nintendo sent out special Swapnote messages to advertise various things, such as Iwata and Reggie (for Japan and America respectively) mentioning a new Nintendo Direct video, and Zelda series lead director Aonuma thanking fans for their support during the Zelda 25th Anniversary. All these messages came with unique 'stationery', which can be used in your own swapnotes as soon as you receive a message containing them. (You do have to unlock the Stationery function first, which is done by creating a few swapnotes of your own. You don't have to send them to anybody, just save 'em.)

One of the promotional swapnotes released today is very relevant to our interests.

Couldn't find any images or articles about this elsewhere, so I settled on taking a crap photo. The King's speech bubble says "メンセージ", or "Message". The background is animated, with stars constantly flying towards the screen like that old Windows screensaver.

To claim this for yourself, you either need an Internet-connected Japanese 3DS, or must have it sent to you by a friend. My 3DS code is 0946-2283-6120; PM me or leave a comment here with your own friend code, and you'll receive the stationery eventually.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Kirall posted:

"This video has been removed by the user."

:(

That is a shame. It may pop up again soon.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

McLaglen posted:

To claim this for yourself, you either need an Internet-connected Japanese 3DS, or must have it sent to you by a friend. My 3DS code is 0946-2283-6120; PM me or leave a comment here with your own friend code, and you'll receive the stationery eventually.

For some reason Im getting the message "The settings on this account do not allow you to add comments." and I dont have PMs either :(

My FC is 4897-5936-3461. I hope you see this :ohdear:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Here's a video of the full Swapnote, complete with sound bite.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

McLaglen posted:

Earlier today, Nintendo sent out special Swapnote messages to advertise various things, such as Iwata and Reggie (for Japan and America respectively) mentioning a new Nintendo Direct video, and Zelda series lead director Aonuma thanking fans for their support during the Zelda 25th Anniversary. All these messages came with unique 'stationery', which can be used in your own swapnotes as soon as you receive a message containing them. (You do have to unlock the Stationery function first, which is done by creating a few swapnotes of your own. You don't have to send them to anybody, just save 'em.)

One of the promotional swapnotes released today is very relevant to our interests.

Couldn't find any images or articles about this elsewhere, so I settled on taking a crap photo. The King's speech bubble says "メンセージ", or "Message". The background is animated, with stars constantly flying towards the screen like that old Windows screensaver.

I posted my friend code, but one of my other friends already sent it along with the new Zelda one that I think Europe got. You can still add me, though, since you can never have enough Swapnote friends. :)
I'm sad that we didn't get a message from Arino, even if I had no idea what he was saying aside from the "GAME CENTER CX! KACHO ON!". :(

Obeast fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Feb 22, 2012

Bastionwyvern
Sep 2, 2011
I would love that spotpass Mclagen.. you would make my week!

#2878-9602-5549

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'd love one. 1848-1758-7168

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Left my thing in the steam thing gimme gimme GIMME

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
SAGCCX friend codes would be nice to have! Add me!

http://goonfriend.botenanna.info/request/244947912612
(if you're not signed up, code is the string of numbers at the end of the url)

Thanks! I was hoping to be able to see the actual note he sent out. It's really weird seeing that as his Mii, though. I'm so used to his crazy weird long-haired one he has on his own 3DS.

AlexMoron fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 22, 2012

dasfoldingfive
Feb 16, 2012

McLaglen posted:

I'd love one! 0259-0286-0623

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Since we're posting up FCs, here's mine
3007-8391-0379

I'll add the ones in this thread as well... always nice to have more people to send penisGCCX swapnotes to!

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I'd love to have that swapnote and I added everyone on this page!

Devt - 1719-3529-8338

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Ah, I want it! I won't be able to get my 3DS online til this weekend, but if someone would be willing to send it to me then, that would be awesome:

FC: 3866-8037-5256

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
I already posted my FC on the Steam site, but here it is again so others can add me. Added everyone on this page as well:

http://goonfriend.botenanna.info/request/193406850691

fromagex
Oct 11, 2006
If anyone would be so kind, I'd love that stationary. 0559-6806-4687

Thank you.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

It says:
THANKS for looking at my diary
I did a new Donkey Kong challenge!
Please watch it! <3 Well then
Game Center CX Kachou-on!

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
Several VC game updates (plus the Ambassador Certificate for some reason) and a near-empty battery later, 90% of the codes posted so far have met with a fortunate fate.

Swapnote marks people you've already sent a message to, so I'll keep periodically checking for the new and slower few people to pop online. Give it a week or so, and the gentle plague of spacey note backgrounds will have spread to most people on that GoonFriend site as well.

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007
I've added everyone who's posted about friend codes but only two have registered back. I have a note with the stationery all ready and will be sending it out to anyone who adds me back.

Caution Baby
Dec 26, 2006

you really don't remember anything important, do you, br'er lappin?
Please send me the Swapnote stationary!
edit: got it. bless you!

Caution Baby fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 23, 2012

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Free stuff? Yes please.

2019-9781-4199

The SAGCCX community is simply wonderful.

Joshuadel
Sep 2, 2011

Drop in a token, look at a duck
I'm game. Sign me up, too.

3480-3255-9955

Thanks so much, SAGCCX Crew!

edit: Posted on Steam, too, but I'll leave it here in case any fellow goons want to swap.

Joshuadel fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 23, 2012

Bastionwyvern
Sep 2, 2011
Thanks for the Swapnote Mclaglen!!

Also i added everyone in the thread feel free to add me as well!

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

For countless hours, the staff watch in boredom as Arino runs through the same Pac-Man maze over and over. Morale is low and ratings are plummeting. Can the show survive Arino's challenge of Pac-Man?!
What? Not that Pac-man? Theres ANOTHER Pac-Man? WHAT?!

Apparently theres a Pac-Man 2 and its a new adventure or something.

Download torrent81 (1 file; 553.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Translated by Zari-gani and timed by Gutcruncher

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Gutcruncher posted:

New Episode!

God bless you, good sir (and of course everyone involved). Just 10 seconds ago I checked the thread and wondered "Are we gonna get a new episode soon?" and then I refreshed Games and yaaaaaaaaay!

Now if you actually start seeding.. :v:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Oh man, I remember you guys mentioning this and then I forgot, this game is hilarious. From the pic, I hope it's got more SOS-type antics where he's yelling at Pacman for being stupid.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Awesome! Pac-Man 2 was, well, I always thought it was weird and complained that it wasn't Pac-Man-ish enough. Not like Pac-Mania, the true future of Pac-Man.

Shingen
Jan 8, 2006

Useless people make for excellent target practice.
As soon as I saw the episode fanart, I heard in my head the sound effects and music for when Pac-Man finds an item, picks it up, jumps around, and triumphantly holds said item up.

....yeah, I played this game too much when I was 16-17ish. Many thanks for doing this episode sooner as opposed to later!

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Thanks again team. Just noticed that zari-gani did the artwork for the release too. Is there anything she can't do? :allears:

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Download torrent81 (1 file; 553.52 MB)
View torrent stats

Oh no, no DDL links this time?

Edit:
VVV Ah, just overexcited then! Though I'm curious, is DepositFiles really the best DDL option out there anymore? Man, do I miss MegaUpload and UploadKing.

Erwin Tuwonwon fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Feb 23, 2012

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

Oh no, no DDL links this time?

Not yet. It just takes about a bazillion hours to upload to depositfiles.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
I loved this one as a kid. Can't wait to watch it. Thanks!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
This is another one that I've already seen the raw version of, so I know how it ends. But, I'll still watch it since you guys consistently do an awesome job. :)

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Ooh! TWO awesome things! GCCX Stationary AND Pac-Man 2?! I know what I'M doing tonight! :xd: Thanks everyone once again for this bountiful feast we are about to consume!

My FC is 3780-9016-5183. I'll add those who posted too. FINALLY! My Friend List will have more than ONE person on it! :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
This is the most Arino of games. :stare: