Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

pliable posted:

A buddy just linked me this thread...but are the thumbnails not working for anyone else? I click and click and click and click to no avail :(

Some goon collected them all into an imgur album here: http://olivil.imgur.com/

That said, the thumbnails are working fine for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

pliable posted:

A buddy just linked me this thread...but are the thumbnails not working for anyone else? I click and click and click and click to no avail :(

Chrome, Safari, and other recent WebKit browsers are broken with SA thumbnails. It's been this way for a while... But there are extensions to fix this!

pliable
Sep 26, 2003

this is what u get for "180 x 180 avatars"

this is what u fucking get u bithc
Fun Shoe

Schwarzwald posted:

Some goon collected them all into an imgur album here: http://olivil.imgur.com/

That said, the thumbnails are working fine for me.

Both of you are beautiful, sexy bitches. Thank you much :). Had no idea Chrome was such a colossal fuckup when it came to SA!

And now I can continue reading about miracle whip faggots and such.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
I am late to this party but wow. Just wow.

Also I highly recommend reading chapter three again while keeping this open in a separate tab:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7WMFSc4yIU

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
More art. First one I decided to NOT trace.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wanna see a Sonic sumi-e.

Great Green Auk
Aug 31, 2011

It's chameleons all the way down.

Crunk Abortion posted:

Please let at least one of the dinner rolls on the table be a teary-eyed goomba

We'll see if I have room on the table. I've been up for 38 straight hours now so I'm going to go pass out and work on this more in the morning :)

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

pengun101 posted:

he posted a new chapter

Awww hell yeah, Fudd's back. I'm pumped for this chapter.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Strongylocentrotus posted:

Awww hell yeah, Rob's back. I'm pumped for this chapter.

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target
Thanks to the goon who uploaded the comic on Imgur, I'm now all caught up on the story.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Reading it a second time through and boy is it worth it.
FILLED with...something or other.
Never stop LazerBot.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

SA's timg thumbnails are supposed to be clickable? :aaa:

Thanks for this.

Girafro
Jan 5, 2012

I will do schticky to your body

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I need to claim this. It is magical.

I read this before I went to work tonight. It was very difficult to have small talk with people when my mind was just obsessed with these drat comics. And then I come home and there is MORE!? Dear god, we have truly found Pandora's box. Now I'm going to go back and get caught up on this magical wonder.

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

Couldn't resist a sweet Eggman avatar.

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Mr. D Bewildering
Mar 24, 2010

8^y

Girafro posted:

I need to claim this. It is magical.

Hope you enjoy it :)

Wow, I'll have to find time to make more avatars. The supply is dwindling :(

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Aramek posted:

All the cool kids seem to be readings of this...thing, so, what's one more?

I think that's all of chapter one. At least, all of what was in the OP.

oh man. I'm using some of this.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

For me this thread is the greatest not because of the original material but for fan art. Lets be honest the comic is pretty insane and this kid definitely needs some psychiatric help.

I disagree. I think a lot of the panels are funny on their own and the fanart just dilutes them. For example:

This panel tells you everything you need to know about how Tails feels. The humor comes from how seriously he's taking the insult. It's simple and to the point.

This however,

isn't nearly as effective. Just what am I supposed to be laughing at exactly? The humor is lost in the details. Instead of focusing on his overall facial expression, it gives excessive attention to anatomical minutiae.

The best pieces of fanart are the ones that don't directly reconstruct the comic, like the John the Baptist one, although technically it should have been Sonic holding his own head. Actually that's the only one I can think of off hand.

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

I don't want to believe this.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Please don't ruin the magic for me.

I Want To Believe.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Tre Past Cool! posted:

I bet you tell kids that Santa's not real, too.

WHERE IS MY COFFEE
Apr 22, 2009

WHO PUT THAT UP THERE
YOU GUYS ARE ASSHOLES

Tre Past Cool! posted:

:words:

Please, tell us more about what we shouldn't find funny. :allears:

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

Schwarzwald posted:

I actively choose not to believe it.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Without getting too much into internet detective-y poo poo, I'll just say that there's good evidence this guy is the real deal.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life

Schwarzwald posted:

When I saw the word "babby" I almost thought this was some elaborate gag. Hilarious either way though.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Ehh, I feel like if this was intentionally bad, then it would be a lot closer to ZipperFlash's Ultimate Sonic Fanfic than it actually is.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest

Upmarket Mango posted:

Daffy!

That one took me a couple minutes to place in my head.

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Why... why am I so emotionally invested in this? :qq:

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Bixington posted:

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

Tre Past Cool! posted:

I disagree. I think a lot of the panels are funny on their own and the fanart just dilutes them. For example:

This panel tells you everything you need to know about how Tails feels. The humor comes from how seriously he's taking the insult. It's simple and to the point.

This however,

isn't nearly as effective. Just what am I supposed to be laughing at exactly? The humor is lost in the details. Instead of focusing on his overall facial expression, it gives excessive attention to anatomical minutiae.
Your sense of humor is broken. Both panels are funny by themselves, your weird analysis is really embarrassing to be frank.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Bixington posted:

Is that Michael Rosen?

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Above Our Own posted:

Your sense of humor is broken. Both panels are funny by themselves, your weird analysis is really embarrassing to be frank.

If having standards is embarrassing, then I'm Christian Chandler.

PalmTreeFun posted:

Is that Michael Rosen?

Ivan the Terrible.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Where is chapter 5 at?

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Sorry the thread doesn't reach your lofty standards Tre Past Cool.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Above Our Own posted:

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Newsflash: different people find different things funny. It is OK to think the highly detailed fanart is funny, and it is also OK to think it isn't. there is no need for any blood shed ,this problem can be solved with out any villains

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Tre Past Cool! posted:

:words:

Great, we got a troll.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Newsflash: different people find different things funny. It is OK to think the highly detailed fanart is funny, and it is also OK to think it isn't. there is no need for any blood shed ,this problem can be solved with out any villains

gently caress you
troll!

EDIT: Oh god drat it

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine

DarkHamsterlord posted:

What about making GBS threads over people's effort without contributing anything. Is that ok too boss

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Above Our Own posted:

What about making GBS threads over people's effort without contributing anything. Is that ok too boss

For gently caress's sake people we can solve this without violins.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Hellsau posted:

For gently caress's sake people we can solve this without violins.

hellsau sometimes there is need to do whats needed, if it was up to me tre past cool would be dead and we would never have to worry

that's not gonna work hellsau, above our own trust me when i say this. i know what im talking about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Tre Past Cool! posted:

I don't think he's crazy, but I do think he's probably autistic and definitely sincere. Sometimes it does give the idea that it's being self-aware, but just because he makes intentional jokes doesn't mean the rest of it isn't sincere. People's minds aren't either totally disconnected or 100% self-aware and in control, there's a lot of subtlety to how they work. I mean it's possible that this is all an elaborate act, lord knows TobleroneTriangular fooled the hell out of me back in the day, but he does seem to be the real deal. I consider myself pretty good at detecting fake gimmicks, and if I thought this was fake I'd definitely point it out, but I'm a believer.

I also don't get why you're taking a dump on this thread. Not all the fanart is equally hilarious, but it's all just a sincere celebration of how entertaining and ridiculous this guy's stuff is. The only thing I wouldn't want is for people to start harassing the guy in real life and trying to humiliate him and creepily document every second of his life like with Chris-chan.