Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The new episode was certainly a surprise. Without watching it, I bet there's a good reason it was chosen from the least translated 15th season, especially as probably one of the most requested episode (Battletoads) is also there.

But really, the most fun episodes to me have always been games I've never either played or never heard of. Shadow Lands, Goemon, Hokkaido Murders, Legend of the Wizard, Hanamaru... it's all great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Just got done with the Pac-Man 2 episode---the promo for the DVD box at the end mentions Mendel Palace---if that ever gets translated, maybe I can actually learn how the gently caress to play my copy of it.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Finally uploaded the new episode to depositefiles.

http://depositfiles.com/files/b3t6njlsp

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
How the hell do so many of you have a 3DS? :psyduck:

I still play games on the Virtual Boy from time to time but the 3DS makes me want to hurl.

Thanks for the new episode - I'm starting to run out of unwatched ones, and Pac-Man 2 is so wonderfully weird.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

techknight posted:

I still play games on the Virtual Boy from time to time but the 3DS makes me want to hurl.

Fun fact: the 3D is optional and you can shut it off any time.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Mercury Crusader posted:

Fun fact: the 3D is optional and you can shut it off any time.

I know, I know, but then it's like "well why am I going to spend $170 on a 3D console if I can't use the 3D?". I tried Mario Kart 7 at EB with the setting very low and it was still extremely uncomfortable. :(

Is it really common to just not use the 3D at all?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

techknight posted:

I know, I know, but then it's like "well why am I going to spend $170 on a 3D console if I can't use the 3D?". I tried Mario Kart 7 at EB with the setting very low and it was still extremely uncomfortable. :(

Well, think of it like this: there are some folks that bought a DS for games that didn't really utilize the touch screen. v:shobon:v

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Mercury Crusader posted:

Well, think of it like this: there are some folks that bought a DS for games that didn't really utilize the touch screen. v:shobon:v

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. If Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright ever comes out here I could see getting a 3DS with the 3D off for that.

Did anyone record the GB Donkey Kong stream earlier today? I caught the last couple of minutes, and I realized later that the ustream video was much higher quality than the SD version that would eventually hit the Wii.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I think I asked this in the previous thread and don't remember if it got answered, but what's the song that plays in the beginning of the Retro Read-Along segment? It sounds like a piano rendition of a Final Fantasy song, but I can't put my finger on which game it might've come from.

techknight posted:

I got mine for Christmas and I pretty much do nothing but Swapnote and StreetPass games (mostly Find Mii). I still need to buy Pushmo someday since everyone says it's a great game. :shobon:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Oh god yes Pac-Man 2 can't wait to watch the hell out of this on my flight yesssssss

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha, am I going crazy or has the staff wisen up to Arino's bad early celebration habit after defeating a boss? The arcade segment was fantastic, too.

Good stuff as always, guys!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Mine keeps stuttering and stopping and stuff when I play it in MPC and have never had this issue. Is it just me? If so what could be causing it? :(

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
So that's what the ever-present female announcer looks like.

Arino was also fairly handy all by himself this episode. He really has gotten better at his job after so long. :shobon:

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Meh, I'm one of those weird people that's more or less immune to the 3DS's 3D. Honestly, there's only like a couple games that make me turn it down a lot, Pilotwings and Xevious. The rest don't bother me at all. It's weird cause I'm the only one among my friends that can stand it but my wife and mother have no problem with it either. [SHRUGS]

Haven't watched the new episode yet, wasted my whole night making my fax for tomorrow! :D Hopefully, I'll actually have a WAY to send it tomorrow. It's not SA Standard size so I'll direct link it: http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i282/genredleader/arino2.jpg I hope my chicken scratch Japanese is legible. And not horrendously incorrect. And yes, it was inspired by the Kid Dracula episode.

genredleader fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 23, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

techknight posted:

Is it really common to just not use the 3D at all?

It doesn't really bother me, though at the highest setting it can feel a little funny. The slider was a good idea.
Also, thanks again SAGCCX team! Been looking forward to this one since seeing it on the video blog.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Does anyone have any idea how long the live stream is going to be?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Mister Chief posted:

Does anyone have any idea how long the live stream is going to be?
According to whoever posted the comment/event about it on the Steam group, it'll be eight hours long.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I want this stationary, my FC is 3737-9668-4155

Also gonna add the people in this topic since I have zero friends on the 3DS :(

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
Oh wow, THIS Pac-Man game! I went nuts trying to figure this out in my younger days as various parts of it were absolutely mind boggling or just super-harsh in their expectations.

Thanks yet again to all who make these releases possible.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
I posted my FC on the Steam group, but I'll post it here as well:

4854-6474-9774

DLing this episode now. Cannot wait to watch it. Thanks again, everyone.

Does anyone, out of curiosity, have a QR code for an Arino Mii?

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Bosh! Flimshaw! Could some kind person re-send the GCCX Stationary my way? I didn't have the Stationary option unlocked in Swapnote and when the 3DS tried to receive it I get told the data has become corrupted and to bugger off.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Emalde posted:

So that's what the ever-present female announcer looks like.

Arino was also fairly handy all by himself this episode. He really has gotten better at his job after so long. :shobon:

That's not the female narrator. The female narrator is in the "To Catch A Catch Copy" segment.

techknight posted:

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. If Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright ever comes out here I could see getting a 3DS with the 3D off for that.

I don't make big purchases very often so this is likely what I'm going to do. I was pretty late getting a Nintendo DS too.

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 23, 2012

Erwin Tuwonwon
Oct 30, 2011

Gutcruncher posted:

Finally uploaded the new episode to depositefiles.
Thanks for the upload, and thanks for the episode, team! I was looking forward to this one after simply seeing the bizarre box art.

techknight posted:

There are certain games, like OoT, that are pretty rough or just plain 3D eyesores, but some games, like Star Fox and SML3D, that have FANTASTIC 3D.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
doublepost

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

There are certain games, like OoT, that are pretty rough or just plain 3D eyesores, but some games, like Star Fox and SML3D, that have FANTASTIC 3D.

I find myself flicking it on and off all the time. When I get to a new level or environment, I'll generally play with the 3D on for a while and check out the effect, and then flick it off once it gets annoying. It's really nice that way.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

techknight posted:

Some folks (like me) actually love 3D and have none of the common symptoms. I have a Virtual Boy (more as a desk accessory), 3DS, and a 3DTV that I use for gaming as much as possible.

A little more back on topic, retro gaming and GCCX is actually kind of fun to watch in 2D->3D mode. My TV seems to really like the clear contrast of low res sprites, so it makes them pop off the screen and backgrounds fall back. Every component is still completely 2D, but everything looks heavily layered like looking in a diorama.

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
I'd actually like to see a segment where Arino plays one of the 3D Classics games on 3DS (even though we wouldn't see them in 3D, for better or worse). There haven't been many. I only have Excitebike but if you preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising you get a code for the 3D Classics NES game.

Pac-Man 2 was a pretty fun episode and seemed like a great opportunity for Arino's color commentary. I think I'd be so frustrated with that game despite its length.

Edit: Just got the Swapnote background. Thanks, TrueBlue on Steam. :)

Egregious fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 23, 2012

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

GodDAMN that game is loving annoying, I like when he said that he could only stand dealing with it because he has children. I would've thrown the controller against the wall half an hour into it.

Also I added literally everyone on these last two pages so if you haven't added me yet, go nuts.

Devt - 1719-3529-8338

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Erwin Tuwonwon posted:

I played most of OoT with 3D on, I had no problems with it. I turned it off for boss battles though.

I think it basically just goes to show that everyone's experience with the 3D is going to be different!

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
Why did they make Pac-Man sound like a cat that's constantly in heat? :(

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

If anyone was curious about the music playing when The AD brought out the pizza it's Funiculi, Funiculá. I don't know who sung this version though.

Opendork
Jan 14, 2006

Surprised to see this one translated so soon. This game always confused the hell out of me.

Added my FC to the steam group earlier, but I also added everyone in the thread so far so I'd have people to actually use it with. Mine's 1246-8791-5287 so feel free to add me.

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
So this looks really awesome and all, but nearly every link I've clicked has been broken. Any plans on fixing that?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Soviets posted:

So this looks really awesome and all, but nearly every link I've clicked has been broken. Any plans on fixing that?

The previously-released material is being moved to torrents. Look through the last ten pages or so, you should find the links. They'll be inline in the OP eventually.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Soviets posted:

The Megaupload takedown and multiupload disappearing broke pretty much all the download links in the OP. The last few pages have links to torrents for many episodes in addition to one or two full season torrents. The team is working on making the other episodes available, and will get around to updating the OP when they get around to it.

Unfortunately, it does require a bit of hunting in the thread, but I assure you their work, and the show, is worth it. If you really want to watch a particular episode that hasn't been torrented yet, I'm sure someone can knock one up for you if you ask nicely. Most of us have giant folders stuffed with everything that's come out so far. (and some of us have decent upstream pipes as well...)

LambdaZero
Nov 5, 2009

suck it
I guess I should have looked harder than the last page but :effort: Thank you!

LambdaZero fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 23, 2012

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Could I get the GCCX stationary? I put my 3DS Friend Code in the Steam Community group thread but never got a friend request or note sent.

2363-5651-0233. Thanks!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Egregious posted:

I'd actually like to see a segment where Arino plays one of the 3D Classics games on 3DS (even though we wouldn't see them in 3D, for better or worse). There haven't been many. I only have Excitebike but if you preorder Kid Icarus: Uprising you get a code for the 3D Classics NES game.

He did. Excitebike and Xevious, as eShop/Nintendo Channel videos. I only have the TV commercials to show you easily though.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

I've been watching a lot of this show recently (thanks SAGCCX team!), but I don't actually know all that much about Japan, so I have a few general questions.

First, they make a bit of a deal about Arino's transition from junior manager or whatever all the way up to Kachau, and then they have an episode where he is demoted two ranks for having lost four challenges in a row, only to be re-promoted at the end of the episode when he successfully completes the challenge (I think it was the quiz game episode). Obviously, the demotion thing was a bit of a gimmick, but are the rest of Arino's changing titles actually something of value in Japan, or is it sort of a joke itself, because his responsibilities never change (at least the ones we see)?

Second, to American eyes, Arino's mint green suit is hideous, but he walks around town in it. Would people think this fashion is normal, or would seeing someone out and about like that be more like spotting the question mark guy?

Third, is Arino a bona fide celebrity (even a B-list celebrity) in Japan that would be recognized by a non-trivial portion of the population?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Mister Chief posted:

Thanks again team. Just noticed that zari-gani did the artwork for the release too. Is there anything she can't do? :allears:

I must be dyslexic because Ive been reading her name as zani-gari this whole time. It wasnt until I saw the handwritten signature that i noticed it looked wierd.