Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All joking aside, that's terrible, the poor bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
That's a genuinely sad story, but you have to wonder how anyone could possibly gently caress up the firing of a gun into their own head so badly that they'd be able to call for an ambulance afterwards.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
Mr. Kruger was one of my favorite side characters. I'm sorry his life took such a bad turn. I'll always remember him this way.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
I know that the four main characters are all classic, but rewatching several episodes every week I'm struck by how good the secondary characters are - not just recurring ones like Newman, J. Peterman, Jackie Chiles, etc., but nearly every single one-episode character they ever had. I can name like 30 of these guys off the top of my head that were all classic in some way. I can't think of any other show that came even close to this.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Riptor posted:

oh god k-uger :gonk:

Welp, my day's ruined...thanks, jerk.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

JAMOOOL posted:

I know that the four main characters are all classic, but rewatching several episodes every week I'm struck by how good the secondary characters are - not just recurring ones like Newman, J. Peterman, Jackie Chiles, etc., but nearly every single one-episode character they ever had. I can name like 30 of these guys off the top of my head that were all classic in some way. I can't think of any other show that came even close to this.

There are even classic characters that were on screen for all of ten seconds, like Saddam Hussein or the tiny old man who swam in the east river. He just sunk like a stone, didn't he!?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
whoa, just read that article about Von Bargen (another one of my favorite secondary characters, also was really funny in Super Troopers) - poor guy, what the hell happened to his legs??

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
I was watching an old episode of the West Wing last night and Lloyd Braun played a congressman

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JAMOOOL posted:

poor guy, what the hell happened to his legs??

Maybe he fell into one of the industrial smoothers

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Riptor posted:

I was watching an old episode of the West Wing last night and Lloyd Braun played a congressman

Which Lloyd Braun?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Riptor posted:

Watch some episodes of Smallville, and you'll get a nice surprise in the credits.

Crazy Joe Davola!

JAMOOOL posted:

what the hell happened to his legs??

Probably diabetes related. :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chexoid posted:

There are even classic characters that were on screen for all of ten seconds, like Saddam Hussein or the tiny old man who swam in the east river. He just sunk like a stone, didn't he!?

Sawwww-ree! :rolleyes:

Billy Zane
Jun 24, 2003

Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude.
Oh, you think you're better than me? Go ahead, pick out anything in the room here. I'll lift it up over my head.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Billy Zane posted:

Oh, you think you're better than me? Go ahead, pick out anything in the room here. I'll lift it up over my head.

This one's for you, Pop! It's go time!

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Chexoid posted:

There's some brilliant characters that you never even see: Bob Sacamano, Cousin Jeffrey, Lomez, Pachyderm, and Snoopy & Prickly Pete the horses.

Horrible news about Mr Kruger :(

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I always laugh when the never-seen Dr. Bison is mentioned by Kramer.

inconsequential
Feb 6, 2004
Confirmed that Kruger had diabetes. As a Cincinnati native I wish I would have know to keep my eyes open for him, I would have hung out with him and challenged him to chair spinning races.

potee
Jul 23, 2007

Or, you know.

Not fine.

Riptor posted:

Maybe he fell into one of the industrial smoothers

Ground those stumps down to the size of a softball

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

Electromax posted:

I always laugh when the never-seen Dr. Bison is mentioned by Kramer.

You mean Jackie Chiles.

My dad and I talk about the minor characters all the time: Beater, Howard Metrol, Mary Contarty. I probably didn't spell one of those right.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
They said they'd never seen anybody go after balls with such gusto!

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
Why can't there be some things, just for me? Is that SO selfish??

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

joedevola posted:

That's a genuinely sad story, but you have to wonder how anyone could possibly gently caress up the firing of a gun into their own head so badly that they'd be able to call for an ambulance afterwards.

Probably flinched when he pulled the trigger. drat, that sucks, hope he gets better.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Criminal Minded posted:

Probably flinched when he pulled the trigger. drat, that sucks, hope he gets better.

It's actually surprisingly difficult to kill yourself with a pistol, from what I remember from the thread when that comedian whose name escapes me tried to kill himself. It's not like in the movies where it's an instant kill.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

I'm watching The Barber and I just noticed something, probably now that I've got really good speakers. In the scene where Mr Pensky comes in, when George is drumming on the desk with pencils? At 14.14 you can hear a girl offscreen yell "Oh no!" when the Secretary pages George to tell him Pensky is on his way.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

jojoinnit posted:

I'm watching The Barber and I just noticed something, probably now that I've got really good speakers. In the scene where Mr Pensky comes in, when George is drumming on the desk with pencils? At 14.14 you can hear a girl offscreen yell "Oh no!" when the Secretary pages George to tell him Pensky is on his way.

IIRC there's also a woman yelling "Oh my GOD!" when kramer reveals the golf ball in the marine biologist. Being in the live audience for Seinfeld must have been amazing.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Chexoid posted:

IIRC there's also a woman yelling "Oh my GOD!" when kramer reveals the golf ball in the marine biologist. Being in the live audience for Seinfeld must have been amazing.

That also happens when the hobo shows up wearing the puffy shirt.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
"But there is no G-Bone"

"There's a G-Spot"

"That's a myth!"

"T-Bone, the ladies are gonna love ya!"

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

thepokey posted:

"But there is no G-Bone"

"There's a G-Spot"

"That's a myth!"

"T-Bone, the ladies are gonna love ya!"

Well then, we should call you T-Bone!

(I just remembered who said that line...:smith:)

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

I like that Crackle plays the episodes in the original aspect ratio. After a while the fake widescreen gets kinda claustrophobic.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Relayer posted:

Why can't there be some things, just for me? Is that SO selfish??

Actually that's the definition of selfish.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

In Kruger's honor, I am going to fall asleep at my desk and get a wicked set of sleep creases on my face. Then I'll follow that up with a nice big piece of cake at the local diner.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.

haljordan posted:

In Kruger's honor, I am going to fall asleep at my desk and get a wicked set of sleep creases on my face. Then I'll follow that up with a nice big piece of cake at the local diner.

Don't forget to forget your keys and lock yourself out of your office!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

thepokey posted:

Don't forget to forget your keys and lock yourself out of your office!

I'll write a note to remind myself and toss it in the shoebox.

Relayer
Sep 18, 2002
George could have just returned that picture with the cartoon drawing of Kruger still in it and he probably never would have even noticed anyway.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Relayer posted:

George could have just returned that picture with the cartoon drawing of Kruger still in it and he probably never would have even noticed anyway.

I love that bit because even when George actually wins for once and he's about to get away with it his pride is too much to stop him from blabbing.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Oh God, K-Uger.. :( get well, get well soon we want you to get well.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

He is going to lose his other loving leg and now he has a hole in his head. I think he'd have been better off if he succeed :\

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Hey is that T-Bone?

No. No more T-Bone.

Why no T-Bone?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Robnoxious posted:

Hey is that T-Bone?

No. No more T-Bone.

Why no T-bone?

BECAUSE NEIL WATKINS FROM ACCOUNTING IS T-BONE!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

haljordan posted:

BECAUSE NEIL WATKINS FROM ACCOUNTING IS T-BONE!!!

From now on, I will be known as-