Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rubbe
Jul 19, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPxjRZeoy94

Cant wait for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viva
Jan 18, 2007

Long live the jams.

Schmeev
Jun 3, 2011
The transformation from defender to slaughterer, the escalation from petty verbal insults to full blown murder, culminating in the futility of an all out war against an ultimately faceless enemy. The story of a century. Love and loss, and loss, and loss, and bloody bloody gory loss.

I love this comic.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!

Lurdiak posted:

I also don't get why you're taking a dump on this thread. Not all the fanart is equally hilarious, but it's all just a sincere celebration of how entertaining and ridiculous this guy's stuff is. The only thing I wouldn't want is for people to start harassing the guy in real life and trying to humiliate him and creepily document every second of his life like with Chris-chan.

Chris-Chan hasn't been doing anything for the past one hundred years, so I'm sure that, if the same dudes that were harassing Chris Chan were to find Lazerbot, they'd start trying to look for ways to harass him too.

Which I hope doesn't happen, because this dude is awesome, while Chris-Chan is not.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Aramek posted:

All the cool kids seem to be readings of this...thing, so, what's one more?

I think that's all of chapter one. At least, all of what was in the OP.

This is literally incredible voice work with superb recording quality, and I am having a very difficult time justifying using anything else (at least for page 2) because holy poo poo. What recording setup are you using for this?

Edit: Weird, I'm getting issues when I try to edit or use your mp3 in various applications and just seeing a few seconds of silence on media timelines, despite being able to play it back in audio players fine. Did the encode get mucked up somehow? It looks like the vbr is doing crazy things.

I can always just rerecord the wav out, but if you have another version you could chuck up that'd be awesome.

Everdraed fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 23, 2012

Duke of Flies
Jul 2, 2007

I croaked "Get Out"
Then I stood, and croaked "GET OUT"

Or... get in..
Soiled Meat

Aramek posted:

Your Shadow is excellent.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Everdraed posted:

This is literally incredible voice work with superb recording quality, and I am having a very difficult time justifying using anything else (at least for page 2) because holy poo poo. What recording setup are you using for this?

Thanks for pointing this one out to me. It's definitely the funniest reading so far.

E: Holy poo poo Mario's voice could not be better.

PalmTreeFun fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 23, 2012

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wanted to contribute

I'll try to do better next time, promise!

Oh by the way everdraed, I've been waiting years to tell you your stuff is awesome. So, your stuff is awesome. Keep on trucking

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Just what am I supposed to be laughing at exactly?

He's making a wacky face. Wacky faces = instant funny

This comic is amazing but since people can't settle to just look and not touch he knows about us and it's only going to go downhill from here.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

PalmTreeFun posted:

Thanks for pointing this one out to me. It's definitely the funniest reading so far.

E: Holy poo poo Mario's voice could not be better.

Even out of context (without knowing about the source material) my wife found this reading hilarious. Laugh out loud funny. It's like a short radio play, only better.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

ArfJason posted:

I wanted to contribute

I'll try to do better next time, promise!

Oh by the way everdraed, I've been waiting years to tell you your stuff is awesome. So, your stuff is awesome. Keep on trucking

Just started laughing at this on the train. My friend asks me what was funny and then said 'oh, it's daffy duck getting shot' and now everyone is staring at me. I couldn't help it, you loving nailed the expression.

Everdraed
Sep 7, 2003

spankety, spankety, spankety

Farbtoner posted:

He's making a wacky face. Wacky faces = instant funny
The original face is funny because it's really expressive for an mspaint, and clearly shows utter speechlessness in the face of a brutal troll assault. The fanart is funny because it's a grotesque shot of that frame coming from cartoon tradition of disgusting closeups. The humor stems from it being an homage to Ren & Stimpy / Spongebob grossout shots, not that it's a super high-quality version of the facial expression. It's fine to not find that sort of thing funny as humor is utterly subjective, but I think it works pretty well.

If anything I flubbed implementing it into the animation by not timing that musical flourish (which as part of the song just randomly sort of synced close and I didn't realize until I viewed the rendered version) and not making the face take up more of the screen. If we get a few of these done I'll probably make a remastered version and include those changes.

Farbtoner posted:

This comic is amazing but since people can't settle to just look and not touch he knows about us and it's only going to go downhill from here.
This thread has 150,000 views; it's ludicrous to expect him to not find out about us, and pointless trying to keep it a secret. We find his comic entertaining, he's taking everything in stride while enjoying the attention, and all signs point to him wanting to continue with his work. Obviously nobody should act like a creepy stalker, as that's just plain rude and nothing good can come from it, but I think it's perfectly fine to discuss his creations and make awesome fanart.

Lazerbot himself said that he really liked the animation (including the grossout shot) and I'm sure he's flattered by all the great artwork that's been produced, so I think everything's gravy.

RGBRIOT
Apr 19, 2009

"Beauty, packaged for a digital world."

Tre Past Cool! posted:

If having standards is embarrassing, then I'm Christian Chandler.

Oh hey I've got that album too!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

I truly believe he's real because there are people out there like this. I knew someone who's train of thought literally sounded almost exactly like the way Sonic and friends are talking. Repeated himself like 4 times after saying something, weirdly obsessed with being TOTALLY NOT HOMO GUYS, had the understanding of romance that a 12 year old does. Not even graduating into the Nice Guy jocks-and-bitches "understanding" socially off types usually get, as in flat out zero idea about relationships aside from "girls are pretty". He was also totally obsessed with one or two subjects and it was difficult to ever steer the conversation away from anything else. Still struggling to get his GED, too. Oh, and he was in his mid 20s. Genuinely nice guy though, I felt bad for him.

I'm pretty sure people like that have a case of mild autism or something along those lines.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

I agree with you, but somehow the magic is in the way that it all comes off as dead serious when read. Somehow, he's managed to perfectly capture the essence of a terrible fancomic without making a blatant satire. Without the few "not looking gay to the viewers" references/etc, this could really be mistaken for a legit comic by an insane person. As it is, it's a comic done by an insane artist.

Also, I think I have laughed harder reading through this thread (specifically the first 8 or so pages) than I have all month long. Thank you, Nunez and lazerbot.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

Cuckoo posted:

I truly believe he's real because there are people out there like this. I knew someone who's train of thought literally sounded almost exactly like the way Sonic and friends are talking. Repeated himself like 4 times after saying something, weirdly obsessed with being TOTALLY NOT HOMO GUYS, had the understanding of romance that a 12 year old does. Not even graduating into the Nice Guy jocks-and-bitches "understanding" socially off types usually get, as in flat out zero idea about relationships aside from "girls are pretty". He was also totally obsessed with one or two subjects and it was difficult to ever steer the conversation away from anything else. Still struggling to get his GED, too. Oh, and he was in his mid 20s. Genuinely nice guy though, I felt bad for him.

Was he into art as well?

Trans-Angeles posted:

What is an assbarista?

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Cuckoo posted:

I'm pretty sure people like that have a case of mild autism or something along those lines.

He's either being genuine and is a genius or he's faking it and is a completely different kind of genius. Either way humanity wins.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Tom Pridgen posted:

Was he into art as well?

Nope, and for the record no Sonic or Pokemon either. He loved Wrestling and crime dramas.

He also had that same pseudo-justice thing going on where his heart was in the right place and he genuinely wanted to make things right but had this black and white through-a-kid's-eyes kind of view on everything. The Law is right No Matter What, etc.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Aramek posted:

I don't think this is getting enough love, but this is drat near perfect. The tempo of how you're reading is exactly how I heard it in my head. The sort of run on sentences with no pause is great.

Convicted Bibliophile
Dec 2, 2004

I am the night.

Tom Pridgen posted:

What is an assbarista?

Someone who does coffee enemas.

le chat
Jul 24, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Trans-Angeles posted:

you look a little silly right now

James Trickington
Apr 23, 2008

Cuckoo posted:

I truly believe he's real because there are people out there like this.

Came to post this - I think lazerbot's personality is naturally like this. These people aren't just on the internet, you can find 'em anywhere. They're really outward, and enjoy aimless, indulgent conflict as entertainment.

readingatwork posted:

He's either being genuine and is a genius or he's faking it and is a completely different kind of genius. Either way humanity wins.
Exactly. This is why the fan art works. It stylizes how industrious and vulgar this comic is. Doesn't matter if it's trolling or genuine inspiration.

Upon discovering this thread, he took some inexplicable screens and requested the thread's title be changed. That was his priority. I doubt the comic's gonna take a major turn.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Trans-Angeles posted:

Tom Pridgen posted:

What is an assbarista?

Oh right, gay is supposed to be a Bad Thing. I guess that image was supposed to be some sort of insult then?

All these Vagina Miners are getting us off topic. Let's get back to Lazerbot and the Tales of Trolling

simplefish fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Feb 23, 2012

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!
We seriously got a troll infestation in this thread. Remember:

they cant troll
you if there
dead

Tampa Bay Barbie
Oct 30, 2011

ZuljinRaynor posted:

they cant troll
you if there
dead

But what if they're g-g-ghosts? :ohdear:

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Rabbity Thing posted:

But what if they're g-g-ghosts? :ohdear:

We better ask Shadow.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A lot of people have been claiming that this isn't "real", and that we are supposed to laugh at it. Personally, I think this a kind of Tommy Wiseau situation, where it started out sincere but once people started laughing at it the creator decided that, while it wasn't what they originally had in mind, it's still pretty cool that people are enjoying what they make. So yea, its kind of a mixture of both sincere and intentionally funny. I'll enjoy it either way.

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

simplefish posted:

Oh right, gay is supposed to be a Bad Thing. I guess that image was supposed to be some sort of insult then?

All these Vagina Miners are getting us off topic. Let's get back to Lazerbot and the Tales of Trolling

Sorry, I'm easily sidetracked by made-up insult words.

Lazerbot is the real deal and he should be preserved from the influence of his fans as if he is a protected national treasure. Which he is.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Ah, so this is what happens when we run out of comic to enjoy. Time to deconstruct it and suck all the fun out of it!

It's funny and has led to some great goon artwork, leave it at that. This is as rude as not using a coaster at Bugs' house.

Please fix that port Lazerbot...

Schmeev
Jun 3, 2011

Rustie posted:

Ah, so this is what happens when we run out of comic to enjoy. Time to deconstruct it and suck all the fun out of it!

It's funny and has led to some great goon artwork, leave it at that. This is as rude as not using a coaster at Bugs' house.

Please fix that port Lazerbot...

I'm kinda wondering what he means about a hosed up port though. He's using a mouse, and my thoughts go immediately to USB. Now maybe I'm just an incredibly lucky person, but I got like 4 USB ports to choose from here, all of which will readily accept and install drivers for a mouse.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Rustie posted:

Rustie he
cant hear
and you
really need
to chill we
will clean
after our
self

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

Like a fragrant spring breeze, you bring joy to my life.

My sleeve is wet with mountain dew.
- taken from Genji gets scrolled, early 11th century.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Trans-Angeles posted:

Jesus christ guys, w==>
<==e can
resort to
solving things
without
villians!

Has this comic taught you nothing?

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Feb 23, 2012

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

viva posted:

Welp gonna read his dialogue in Skwisgaar Skwigelf's voice from now on.

simplefish posted:

Vagina Miner

Can I put that on my resume?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
I like how Sonic is this manifestation of how he views advice from wiser people (probably his parents) on how to deal with people being assholes, but then in action, Sonic is how he attempted to handle situations where people teased him.

:goonsay:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

PalmTreeFun posted:

I like how Sonic is this manifestation of how he views advice from wiser people (probably his parents) on how to deal with people being assholes, but then in action, Sonic is how he attempted to handle situations where people teased him.

:goonsay:
so, what you're saying is that Tails is the weak larval stage, Sonic the chrysalis, and Shadow is the ideal form?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

visceril posted:

so, what you're saying is that Tails is the weak larval stage, Sonic the chrysalis, and Shadow is the ideal form?

Well, he is the ultimate lifeform.

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Aramek posted:

Best one so far, this has my vote, especially the Shadow, and how Sonic sounds like a cross between Jaleel White and Mr. Rogers.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

Aramek posted:

I can just imagine a Shmorky or other goon rendered flash animation of Chapter 1 using this audio. Heck, even the whole series. A goon can dream :allears:

magic pantaloons fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Aramek's Knuckles sounds like Archie Bunker