Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

Aramek posted:

All the cool kids seem to be readings of this...thing, so, what's one more?

I think that's all of chapter one. At least, all of what was in the OP.

This is beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Aramek posted:

I want to put this on a CD and listen to it on my way to work with the windows down.

Boozel
Apr 11, 2010

Tre Past Cool! posted:

Also, he's not crazy, he's making it bad on purpose. There are too many hints of self awareness like the "not looking gay to the viewers" comment, and the spelling and grammar errors are too numerous and too consistent to be real, no matter how old he really is.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

You know what I haven't seen yet? A gently caress You Trolls emoticon. I can see that one still getting some legitimate use years from now.

Atlas Sperged
Oct 1, 2011
no dafy why :(

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Finally got the avatar I wanted. Thanks again, Great Green Auk! :thumbsup:

[EDIT]: Also, that Aramek1 Chapter One voice work was amazing! Do you do voice work for a living? It sounds really professional!

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Feb 24, 2012

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Christ, i just caught up with the entire thread in one reading and this is just so loving great. All of it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I would pay for a comic book miniseries made by this guy, everything he's done thus far is a loving riot.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Detective No. 27 posted:

You know what I haven't seen yet? A gently caress You Trolls emoticon. I can see that one still getting some legitimate use years from now.

I've had the same thought, but I couldn't think of a way that it could be convincingly done. I think a bunch of pages ago a few people put one or two together but it got buried in :highshovel: talk.

Then I scrolled down from your post and say OrangeGuy post :thumbsup: and I realized the perfect way to keep Shadow showing us how to deal with trolls for the rest of SA's existence. People who are better at this sort of thing than me, make it happy.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Aramek posted:

This is great! I love the voice you gave Shadow and Knuckles.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Contra Calculus posted:

This is great! I love the voice you gave Shadow and Knuckles.

Me too. It was fantastic. I think I'll put it on my MP3 player. :haw:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Everdraed posted:

This is literally incredible voice work with superb recording quality, and I am having a very difficult time justifying using anything else (at least for page 2) because holy poo poo. What recording setup are you using for this?

Edit: Weird, I'm getting issues when I try to edit or use your mp3 in various applications and just seeing a few seconds of silence on media timelines, despite being able to play it back in audio players fine. Did the encode get mucked up somehow? It looks like the vbr is doing crazy things.

I can always just rerecord the wav out, but if you have another version you could chuck up that'd be awesome.

Aww, shucks, thanks everyone. As for :techno: I'm using the LAME VBR codec for all of my mp3s as of late, I'm getting vastly better audio quality than with the standard MP3PRO that came with Audition. I'd like to pretend I have a good ear for sound quality, and I have a really hard time hearing the difference between the LAME and a full .wav file. The difference, however, is like, 60 megs. But, for some reason the LAME messes up the file, it plays just fine, but, it thinks it is only 8 minutes long, although it'll play the whole 15. No idea how to fix that.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cxie6jscsiq91nm

Here, I went and just stuck the full wav on mediafire.

I'll do the other chapters as soon as I can!

Maybe by then I can figure out how to not get Audition/LAME to not scramble my mp3s.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

stickyfngrdboy posted:

Even out of context (without knowing about the source material) my wife found this reading hilarious. Laugh out loud funny. It's like a short radio play, only better.

I'm loving dying listening to Knuckles.

Jersey sounding dude: "So you're saying you weren't drunk or hosed up when you had sex with me and a monkey?"

EDIT: ^^^^^^^^ Really, stellar job, dude. That goes for everyone in the thread, by the way. I love how Shadow sounds like Solid Snake.

EDIT 2: I hope the totally on point Bugs Bunny audio stuff doesn't get lost. That was a jem too.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 24, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Shageletic posted:

I'm loving dying listening to Knuckles.

Jersey sounding dude: "So you're saying you weren't drunk or hosed up when you had sex with me and a monkey?"

Knuckles is pretty good, but I love how Tails suddenly sounds like Bill Cosby when he's tired.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Shageletic posted:

EDIT 2: I hope the totally on point Bugs Bunny audio stuff doesn't get lost. That was a jem too.

It's located here (because it's gotten buried and because newcomers might have missed it) and it needs to be mixed in with other recordings. It's also amazing listening to just Bugs's lines, removed from what passes for "context" in the masterpiece that is Tails Got Trolled. It also starts with Bugs's secret to not getting trolled, so if you just want to hear that, then it won't take long. But what you'll really notice is that literally *every* Bugs line is a masterpiece.

All credit to ChaosTheory, of course.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

FadingChord posted:

It's located here (because it's gotten buried and because newcomers might have missed it) and it needs to be mixed in with other recordings. It's also amazing listening to just Bugs's lines, removed from what passes for "context" in the masterpiece that is Tails Got Trolled. It also starts with Bugs's secret to not getting trolled, so if you just want to hear that, then it won't take long. But what you'll really notice is that literally *every* Bugs line is a masterpiece.

That is amazing. I cannot wait to see and hear more. Great work, Goons!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

FadingChord posted:

At least I now what a Eddie Pepitone death cry sounds like now...

FreakerByTheSpeaker
Dec 3, 2006

You got your good things
And I've got mine

ZanderZ posted:

Jesus, I've plowed through this thread while nursing a bad cold. loving amazing, and I'm not done yet.

I think it's time to have an avatar. And if this isn't taken, this is the one I want.

Can one of you make this happen for me?

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

powerofrecall posted:

Aramek's Knuckles sounds like Archie Bunker

Mixed with Barney Rubble.

Aramek please do the whole comic because goddamn that was amazing.

Whistle Villain
Jul 31, 2009
Edit: NVM

Whistle Villain fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Mar 2, 2012

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!

Aramek posted:

Just gonna go ahead and give this some love too. I wanted to pick out which voices I particularly liked but god drat it there's just so much good stuff here. Let this be an inspiration to all.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Where's the next chapter I need an excuse to procrastinate more at work :(.

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

FreakerByTheSpeaker posted:

Jesus, I've plowed through this thread while nursing a bad cold. loving amazing, and I'm not done yet.

I think it's time to have an avatar. And if this isn't taken, this is the one I want.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

magic pantaloons posted:

I'm addicted to making stupid gifs:

The great M
Sep 10, 2010

The prince.

And then you.

Aramek posted:

Fantastic work Aramek! Looking forward to the other chapters.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Some dude already has it I think.

Shibby0709
Oct 30, 2011

one fat looking fat guy

Sorry man, but it's taken! :cheers:

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
Finally decided to cave and make something for this loving awesome thread. It is in no way on par with the quality of other fan art in this thread but I think it's one of the most important characters in the story: The Troll Colt.

:nws: http://imgur.com/bk9T8.png :nws:
edit: didn't thumbnail

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 25, 2012

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Dude.

What were you thinking?

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
That's certainly... something. I guess. :stare:

Above Our Own
Jun 24, 2009

by Shine
Thank you.

Death by Meteor
Aug 10, 2008

Is it my fault that everybody falls in love with me?
Welp. :stare:

This took a sudden turn for something.. something-ish.

So does the Troll Colt releave itself in the form of lesser trolls? Or are they joined at the hip?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

VietAssRapeFuckBros posted:

Finally decided to cave and make something for this loving awesome thread. It is in no way on par with the quality of other fan art in this thread but I think it's one of the most important characters in the story: The Troll Colt.
[img: wtf?]

Is this some kind of in-joke I'm not privy to?

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl
It's a reference to the first batch of panels at the beginning of the thread where they're talking about a 'group of trolls. a colt of some sort.'

I assume he was trying to say cult but a colt making GBS threads out trolls seemed better.

edit: Also, the troll getting shat out was the very first of the trolls ITT.

Professor of Cats
Mar 22, 2009

VietAssRapeFuckBros posted:

http://imgur.com/bk9T8.png

Huh. How bout that horse penis.

Edit: ^^^^^ Oh, I guess that explains the horse dick.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 29, 2012

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

:allears::allears::allears:

I love this so, so much.

HandsomeMrFooFoo
Apr 26, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhh my fucking
head is killing me
Um. So is that colt related to a Miss Latawyna?

Also, Aramek I can't seem to download the .wav file and I want it so badly to playback for my own enjoyment. (The original mp3 is wonky even on my ipod.) But kudos to your amazing voice work. Especially love the line from Shadow "Lead me to them batsards". Top-notch stuff.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Why would a colt have such a huge dick? Do you know what a colt is?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

That is one em=>
=>breaded horse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietAssRapeFuckBros
Mar 8, 2008

by Fistgrrl

Some Other Guy posted:

Why would a colt have such a huge dick? Do you know what a colt is?

If I remember correctly, a colt is a young male horse. Sorry, but I'm not about to study GIS'd horse dicks for 10+ minutes to figure out how colt and full grown horse dicks differ.