Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to fully sync sickbeard with thetvdb? They changed a series completely and now sickbeard thinks the specials are there when they are not. I deleted and re-added the series but this still listed episodes no longer on the thetvdb page.

Also comcast offers business class internet with no caps. Its about the same price as regular internet AFAIK, the only added cost is they have you sign a 1 or 2 year agreement and the install fee is $100 or so I think.

I believe they have some sort of cache which takes some time to reflect the changes actually shown on site. Unless it was some time ago, I think you'll get what you need if you keep trying regularly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

messiercup
Mar 2, 2011

Comcast business class is not even close to being the same price as residential plans, and yes, it generally requires a 1 or 2 year contract and install fee.

Have you tried running a "Force full update" in Sickbeard?

SlipperyNipple
Jan 24, 2010

Great Enoch posted:

I've been having a problem with anything 300/400+ days not completing on my blocknews account (x blocks short). Apologies for asking but is this a problem that can be fixed?

Add whichever server you are not using US/EU as a backup in Sab or whatever newsreader you use.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

messiercup posted:

Comcast business class is not even close to being the same price as residential plans, and yes, it generally requires a 1 or 2 year contract and install fee.

Have you tried running a "Force full update" in Sickbeard?

The Starter package is with 12 Down, 2 Up but anything faster is much more pricey.

http://business.comcast.com/smb/services/Internet/plans

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Still way better value over capped residential service with even just the starter package.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Hogburto posted:

Still way better value over capped residential service with even just the starter package.

And right now I pay for 12 Mb residential, so v:shobon:v

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Hogburto posted:

Why not just google for "12Mbps * 1 month" :v:

bl4d3
Jun 18, 2005

My supershakes bring all the goons to the yard of lard.

justlikedunkirk posted:

I'm having an issue with nzbdstatus and nzbmatrix where (for recent additions to the site) when I click the nzb icon I get this error:

URL Fetching failed; (Problem accessing nzbmatrix server (error:no_nzb_found)),

But if I download the nzb directly I get no issues. Is there a fix for this?

I think this is because although the NZB is 'on' the site, it's somehow not in a different database yet that the send-to-sabnzbd pulls from. I think usually it takes about 10-15 minutes for a new NZB you see on the site to be able to sent sabnzbd. Of course, donwloading the NZB file and importing works right away.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Biowarfare posted:

Why not just google for "12Mbps * 1 month" :v:
Because it's always time for LaTeX.

Turd Eater
May 11, 2003
I'm having trouble with sabToSickBeard.exe now that I've enabled https in Sick Beard. I added ssl=1 to autoProcessTV.cfg and recompiled sabToSickBeard.exe using the updated versions of autoProcessTV.py and sabToSickBeard.py using py2exe.

SABnzbd still shows that I'm getting "Access denied" "Error 401 Unauthorized: You need to provide a valid username and password." What gives?

Matisyahu
Apr 8, 2009
To give someone a visa simply because they intend to claim refugee status is retarded

I hate the lazy welfare class and people from terribly disadvantaged circumstances

Please ask my why my father decided to poor.

Turd Eater posted:

I'm having trouble with sabToSickBeard.exe now that I've enabled https in Sick Beard. I added ssl=1 to autoProcessTV.cfg and recompiled sabToSickBeard.exe using the updated versions of autoProcessTV.py and sabToSickBeard.py using py2exe.

SABnzbd still shows that I'm getting "Access denied" "Error 401 Unauthorized: You need to provide a valid username and password." What gives?

I had a similar problem but with couch potato, try generating a new NZB key in SAB.

timims
Jul 1, 2007
If I'm understanding this correctly, newsgroups are like forums, right? How do I go about finding these groups? I'm not looking for binaries, just discussion. Is google groups the best way?

e:oops

timims fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Feb 25, 2012

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

timims posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, newsgroups are like forums, right? How do I go about finding these groups? I'm not looking for binaries, just discussion. Is google docs the best way?

Google Groups, yes.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

This is a triple XBMC/Usenet/Hardware question. Sometimes I'll be watching a movie and a movie from CP will start downloading. However, when SABnzbd goes into the verify phase, my movie shorts out for a few minutes and says buffering. My guess is that because my incomplete/complete folders are on the same drive, the transfer bandwidth is being exceeded.

I have an SSD, a 640GB 7200 drive and two 2TB Green drives. Both incomplete and complete are on the same green drive. So should I put the incomplete on the SSD or 7200 drive with the complete on the green?

If anything, I'll try it out anyways when I have time to run a few trials but I'm just curious about SH/SC's viewpoint.

Sperg Victorious
Mar 25, 2011

timims posted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, newsgroups are like forums, right? How do I go about finding these groups? I'm not looking for binaries, just discussion. Is google groups the best way?

You'll be better off using a usenet client. Thunderbird can do it. Hell even Opera can do it. For text groups, you can get a free account at http://www.eternal-september.org/

eames
May 9, 2009

Roving Reporter posted:

This is a triple XBMC/Usenet/Hardware question. Sometimes I'll be watching a movie and a movie from CP will start downloading. However, when SABnzbd goes into the verify phase, my movie shorts out for a few minutes and says buffering. My guess is that because my incomplete/complete folders are on the same drive, the transfer bandwidth is being exceeded.

I have an SSD, a 640GB 7200 drive and two 2TB Green drives. Both incomplete and complete are on the same green drive. So should I put the incomplete on the SSD or 7200 drive with the complete on the green?

If anything, I'll try it out anyways when I have time to run a few trials but I'm just curious about SH/SC's viewpoint.

I have a similar setup and put my incomplete folder on the 7200 RPM drive.
Never ran into any bottleneck issues with this setup. SABnzbd will verify and repair the files on the faster drive, completely independent of the other disks IO, and then copy them over to the main storage after everything else is done.

The whole verify/repair/extract process is also quite CPU intensive though, so it might also be a processor bottleneck if you’re running a lowly setup. I'd say anything below a Core 2 Duo will run into trouble without hardware acceleration.

eames fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 25, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

eames posted:

Never ran into any bottleneck issues with this setup. SABnzbd will verify and repair the files on the faster drive, completely independent of the other disks IO, and then copy them over to the main storage after everything else is done.

The whole verify/repair/extract process is also quite CPU intensive though, so it might also be a processor bottleneck if you’re running a lowly setup. I'd say anything below a Core 2 Duo will run into trouble without hardware acceleration.

Was gonna post this same thing. What's the CPU? There's a reason I have my NAS that runs SickBeard and SABznbd on a seperate machine from my XBMC machine (though even XBMC lags when Sickbeard updates the library, the price I pay for a 20 watt HTPC).

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

FISHMANPET posted:

Was gonna post this same thing. What's the CPU? There's a reason I have my NAS that runs SickBeard and SABznbd on a seperate machine from my XBMC machine (though even XBMC lags when Sickbeard updates the library, the price I pay for a 20 watt HTPC).

I have a 40 watt HTPC and I have no lagging issues at all.It's a (true) dual core 1.6GHz Atom CPU with an nVidia ION GPU though, it offloads everything to the GPU so it sits there most of the time at about 5% use on either core while watching blu-ray rips.

I have my incomplete on a 2.5HDD and my complete folders on an USB External 2TB drive. It's smooth through the notifications of it starting to download something and when it's complete. I'm surprised at how smooth everything works considering how modest the specs are.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

PirateDentist posted:

I have a 40 watt HTPC and I have no lagging issues at all.It's a (true) dual core 1.6GHz Atom CPU with an nVidia ION GPU though, it offloads everything to the GPU so it sits there most of the time at about 5% use on either core while watching blu-ray rips.

I have my incomplete on a 2.5HDD and my complete folders on an USB External 2TB drive. It's smooth through the notifications of it starting to download something and when it's complete. I'm surprised at how smooth everything works considering how modest the specs are.

Your HTPC is a special snowflake.

Low power HTPC's like the Atom/ION thingamajigs lagging during XBMC library updates is a widely experienced issue. Heck, my C2D/Radeon 5890 HTPC lags a little bit sometimes during library updates.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 25, 2012

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Thermopyle posted:

Your HTPC is a special snowflake.

Low power HTPC's like the Atom/ION thingamajigs lagging during XBMC library updates is a widely experience issue. Heck, my C2D/Radeon 5890 HTPC lags a little bit sometimes during library updates.

I've got an E-350, so I'm offloading just as much to the GPU. Plenty of people experience the same problem.

Lemons
Jul 18, 2003

I've had an annoying problem with sab and plush for a while now, and never bothered to fix it. It's really starting to annoy me though.

For the past I-don't-know-how-many versions of sab, whenever I click the Options button in the top right corner, it displays the options (force disconnect, restart, shutdown, refresh rate), but I can't change any of them. I click on them and they don't respond. I can click the X button to close that, but then I'm left with a black screen and have to put in the sab url again.

Same thing happens for the purge history popup as well.

This is in Chrome on Mac. Safari works fine though.

Any ideas?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Gromit posted:

Given how easy it is to run memtest86+, and how frustrating a bad RAM problem can be, I'd suggest running one overnight just to be sure.

I was resetting up my sever on some new hardware and getting errors on every single SABnzbd job. At first I wanted to blame BlockNews but after swapping out the RAM; the problems were gone.

Still new to usenet but so far I am in love. :swoon:

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Lemons posted:

I've had an annoying problem with sab and plush for a while now, and never bothered to fix it. It's really starting to annoy me though.

For the past I-don't-know-how-many versions of sab, whenever I click the Options button in the top right corner, it displays the options (force disconnect, restart, shutdown, refresh rate), but I can't change any of them. I click on them and they don't respond. I can click the X button to close that, but then I'm left with a black screen and have to put in the sab url again.

Same thing happens for the purge history popup as well.

This is in Chrome on Mac. Safari works fine though.

Any ideas?
Working for me on Chrome 17.0.963.56 on OS X. Tried clearing cache?

Lemons
Jul 18, 2003

Disgustipated posted:

Working for me on Chrome 17.0.963.56 on OS X. Tried clearing cache?

Clearing the cache doesn't do anything.

It does this on Chrome on my other Windows machine as well, so I don't think it's browser related.

Disgustipated
Jul 28, 2003

Black metal ist krieg

Lemons posted:

Clearing the cache doesn't do anything.

It does this on Chrome on my other Windows machine as well, so I don't think it's browser related.
Any add-ons they have in common? The only add-on I have for Chrome is Last Pass and it's definitely working fine for me on my Mac and Windows machines on version 0.6.15 of SABnzbd.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

PirateDentist posted:

Are some of you guys handling SAB's parity and decompressing on spindle-based laptop drives?

Strat
Nov 6, 2004

Hogburto posted:

Are some of you guys handling SAB's parity and decompressing on spindle-based laptop drives?

Yep I run XBMC, Sickbeard, SAB, CouchPotato all on a 500GB 2.5" Laptop drive.

Everything is downloaded and processed on the laptop drive and them moved via sickbeard or CP to my TV or Movies harddrives after the fact.

I've never had any noticeable slowdown while watching movies (probably because all my movies are on a separate drive).

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

eames posted:

That's weird....I'm still using an i7 for both PC gaming and HTPC stuff via HDMI. I'm gonna switch my incomplete drive to something that is not the Green one and report back.

PitViper
May 25, 2003

Welcome and thank you for shopping at Wal-Mart!
I love you!
I keep download/incomplete separate from all the storage drives, and haven't ever run into this issue. All my media is shared over the network as well, so my HTPC handles just playback (Atom 330/Ion GPU). I run all Green drives as well, both storage and the download/incomplete.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
Anyone else getting this today?

quote:

usnews.blocknews.net: Failed to connect: This server does not allow SSL on this port 14@usnews.blocknews.net:443

:confused:

Turd Eater
May 11, 2003

Matisyahu posted:

I had a similar problem but with couch potato, try generating a new NZB key in SAB.

No go. I even deleted my localhost SSL certificates and re-did them.

edit: seems to work now that I took out the spaces in my password

Turd Eater fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 27, 2012

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

amf5 posted:

Anyone else getting this today?

:confused:

Yes its been disconnecting a lot for me the past couple days. Forcing a disconnect in SAB seems to work.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Hogburto posted:

Yep. It takes longer than on another drive, but I don't mind the wait. 90% of what I download is though Sickbeard anyways, so I'm rarely sitting there waiting for stuff to decompress and repair.

My HTPC is an ASRock ION 330. Starting to get older, but still a bit more muscle than your average nettop of its day. I got it because even when running parity it uses a whopping 40 watts. Much more affordable to leave on all day than my desktop. My GPU alone uses more than that when idle. (Actually, I did the math using my KillAWatt meter. It was cheaper to buy another small PC than to leave my desktop on for a year.)

I just redid it, moving from XP to a XBMC Live install. All slick now with a customized interface.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to figure out Couch Potato since I'm now a fan of Sickbeard. I can't find an option to use Nzb.su in it's providers which would render it useless to me in any case. Is there a means of putting in custom providers?

YouTuber fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Feb 27, 2012

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend

YouTuber posted:

I'm trying to figure out Couch Potato since I'm now a fan of Sickbeard. I can't find an option to use Nzb.su in it's providers which would render it useless to me in any case. Is there a means of putting in custom providers?

It's the "newznab" section. Use http://nzbs.su as the host and whatever your API key is.

this may have changed since my version is way old at this point

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
I downloaded a bunch of files that went through SAB's scanning but still refuse to unarchive using The Unarchiver on a Mac, they are apparently corrupted. Tried the download again but no dice. Is there a way to repair the archives or should I simply move on?

Danforth05
Jun 11, 2011

Why is mice sech cowards?

Olivil posted:

I downloaded a bunch of files that went through SAB's scanning but still refuse to unarchive using The Unarchiver on a Mac, they are apparently corrupted. Tried the download again but no dice. Is there a way to repair the archives or should I simply move on?

Look at the .par2 files. I use MacPAR deLuxe on the Mac, but I'm not quite sure what the equivalent is on Windows (I'm guessing MultiPar?), or on Linux. Are you not using the post-processing on SAB?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Olivil posted:

If they happen to be zip files, I had problems on my Macbook with files not unarchiving in SAB, it was about 200 .z01, z02, etc files that only extracted properly with Stuffit Expander.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Olivil posted:

Are they RAR files? Some of them have built-in redundancy info but as far as I know you need to use the command-line rar utility to actually repair them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Tried MacPar deLuxe, I'm getting unrepairable bad integrity on most archives.

They are RAR, I have between 7 and 9 50MB parts per file.

Olivil fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Feb 28, 2012