Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Exciting Scheduals!

Exciting Toujimas!

Exciting Presents!

Exciting Bromance?

Nill fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Feb 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I should have registered under this name, I wasn't sure about the site, so I used my go-to username for less-reputable parts of the internet on it. Ah, well. I'm watching under the name Approximate. This is going to be a delightful challenge. Unfortunately, I should be asleep, since I need to be at my new job somewhere between 6 and 8 hours from now to get my photo ID done. Argh.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Fax info:

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Fax number is 03-5500-1550.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Deleted

joek0 fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Feb 24, 2012

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
FAX NUMBER! Now, what? :O Wasn't there an web service or something for that?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Faxes are already coming in!

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
A little report of events so far. The challenge is Pilotwings for the SNES!

6-05 - tani and tojima wish arnio a happy birthday and show him a pile of 40 presents. He will open one for every level he passes.

6- 10 a review of a past challenge on piotwings - bonus stages

6-17 fax room with kibe

The fax number is - 03-5500-1550

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
And it begins.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

KACHO ON!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
They expect him to get to the final stage by Midnight JST.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I knew I should've bought some alcohol for this event. :(

At least I don't have school tomorrow, so I can stay up and watch this. :)

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
You guys think this one's legit? https://faxzero.com/international/

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Appropriately, Arino is the only one not wearing this shirt...

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Aw, can't concentrate on this enough at work, gonna have to leave it til you guys release a subbed version.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Someone has to be streaming this, right?

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:

Liku posted:

http://www.freshverse.com/tv.php
http://en.justin.tv/atxhd66

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Liku posted:

Two sources on this page alone - http://www.freshverse.com/tv.php and http://en.justin.tv/atxhd66 .

Freshverse needs registering but you can just enter a junk email apparently.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
The followup question would be "someone is capturing this right?". The freshverse one is pretty decent looking.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Someone tell Arino that Canada loves him too. :3:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Hahaha, Arino's first(?) gift is a big stuffed Dragon Quest (I still call it Dragon Warrior :colbert:) king slime. That's a pretty awesome gift. :3:

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Awww... The fax failed. Said the number was either invalid or disconnected. :cry:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Horii did the DQ level up theme at the start of his birthday message, awesome.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

He clears the first level with an A!

He picks present #7 and gets...

This?

With this king slime inside:

e: made images smaller

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

AggressivelyStupid posted:

With this king slime inside:

I know it's how the screen cap was timed, but he looks shocked and confused by what's in front of him.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
That slime really is fantastic.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Random Stranger posted:

Even if we can't watch it live we're hoping that the fax number will get reposted all over the place when the show is on. If we keep our eyes on the appropriate places then it will appear, it can be posted to this thread, and then we can all send our faxes.

FWIW, https://faxzero.com/sendfax/Japan can send a fax created from a DOC file for $3.63. There may be better options out there though.

Reposting this for other people. I really hope we can get some of our praise to the man in Japan tonight!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Did that password just take him to level 6?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Arino crashed :smith:

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Yes. glad he's skipping through a little bit since he needed to complete the Expert stages anyway.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

Did that password just take him to level 6?
Yeah, it did.

Are they going to do other games along with Pilotwings since it doesn't have 40 levels?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
I want that Birthday Slime so bad :(

Also I bet I know what one of the 40 presents is and exactly which box it's in :3:

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012

Emalde posted:

Reposting this for other people. I really hope we can get some of our praise to the man in Japan tonight!

It didn't work for me, though. :(

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I hope Pilotwings gets added to the sub queque after seeing this challenge!

softcorps
May 25, 2005

cheesy anime pizza undresses you with pepperoni eyes

genredleader posted:

Awww... The fax failed. Said the number was either invalid or disconnected. :cry:
I don't mean to possibly insult anyone's intelligence, but be sure to use the proper international dialing format for whatever country you're calling from unless your fax service is supposed to automatically do that.

So it looks like the method to call from US/Canada to Japan is 011 + 81 + area + phone, but I know in some countries that prefixed zeroes are dropped depending on whether you're calling from in or out of country. I haven't called Japan before but in this case it looks like a lot of sites are indicating that the prefixed zero isn't needed (or optional?) for the 03 which looks like the Tokyo area code, so would you dial this instead?

011 + 81 + 3-5500-1550

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Man, I forgot how frustrating this game is. I don't think I ever got past the first level as a kid.

People on freshverse are saying that someone mentioned he'd be playing more than one game today.

In other news, I sent my fax off! Waiting to see if it went through now.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Using a password makes sense. There's no way he'd beat the whole game by midnight if they're gonna spend so much time on the gift opening segments.

When this game came out I was one of the kids that only really got video games on Christmas and my birthday, so this was one of the few SNES games I had. My dad and I wasted so many hours on this game. The stages where you have to land on the moving platform. My GOD.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Arino is playing quite well!
When did he last challegne this game?

I love this game and the sequel, the rocketbelt is just so much fun to play. But Im not sure exactly how far I got with it, probably not this far.

Thanks for posting the streams, and for all the screencaps. :)

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

The best part was how they let him choose a present... and then Toujima ignores him and brings #7 anyway.

Or was it that he immediately dropped the slime on the floor trying to unbox it.

Nah, it was the personal Bday message from Yuji Horii. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirall
May 5, 2008

schuhart posted:

Arino is playing quite well!
When did he last challegne this game?

I love this game and the sequel, the rocketbelt is just so much fun to play. But Im not sure exactly how far I got with it, probably not this far.

Thanks for posting the streams, and for all the screencaps. :)

I think it was February 2010.