Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

schuhart posted:

Arino is playing quite well!
When did he last challegne this game?

I love this game and the sequel, the rocketbelt is just so much fun to play. But Im not sure exactly how far I got with it, probably not this far.

Yeah I was going to post that he's not doing half bad right now all things considered. This particular part of the game is especially tough (the rocketbelt segments that is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Didn't the rocketbelt in the original game let you hover in place in mid-air? I know 64 and Resort let you do that to make it easier to hit the horizontal rings and moving targets, but I don't recall if the original had that.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
I think I got this game just after the Christmas where I got my SNES. For some reason my mother was feeling very generous and I was able to get it and SimCity at the same time! Both games really interested me as one of those things that could ONLY be done with a next gen machine. We bought it at K-mart and then my mother went to Wal-Mart for some reason and I stayed behind in the car and read the instruction manuals for both games. :xd: I don't remember when I first beat it but I remember playing it over in the aftermath of Hurricane Andrew when there was little to do but play games for two weeks. :p I remember sitting in the living room amongst piles of drying or destroy stuff, tearing through the helicopter levels! :xd: So many memories... Never got around to getting the N64 version. And I've been lazy with the 3DS version... Perhaps I should work on it now as support for Arino's pain? :xd:

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
For those of you who've actually played the Pac-Man game: did Arino miss something obvious about the final boss? Because it sure looked like shooting the things constantly spewing more gum into the gum monster would have made the fight a bit easier.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Ah-HAH! The second attempt succeeded! Had to remove that 0, I guess. :p Thanks for the heads up Softcorps! :D

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
What is it with Arino and bonus rounds/levels? He never seems to be that great at them.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
I don't blame him. Those Bonus Stages are hard to get to and hard to do well in. I almost never bothered with them when I played.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
So to get the bonus stages he has to complete the level challenge then land on the flashing target? Sorry my memory of this game is alittle hazy. The main challenge is TO complete all the bonus stages by eight o'clock?

You should absolutely get the 64 game genredleader, its as an advancement in tech and gameplay that the orignal was for the snes. Always good to hear gaming stories, thanks for posting that. Warm feelings of nostalgia is what GCCX is all about IMO.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

genredleader posted:

I don't blame him. Those Bonus Stages are hard to get to and hard to do well in. I almost never bothered with them when I played.
Oh... Well, to be fair, it's been years since I've played the original game and I never got far in it legitimately (I used to like to use the password to play the final level, but never completed it since I sucked at it and/or it's really hard).

Edit: Oh god... He hosed that landing up beyond anything.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Oh come on now, Pilotwings, he was on that platform. :argh:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I cannot believe he fell through it. That was amazing. Mode Seven is busy hating.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Is asking for a link to the stream :filez: or not, I mean we post entire translations here all the time so it would seem kosher but I don't wanna break any rules.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
They're showing faxes now. Anyone see their's yet?

Paper Lion posted:

Is asking for a link to the stream :filez: or not, I mean we post entire translations here all the time so it would seem kosher but I don't wanna break any rules.
http://www.freshverse.com/tv.php (requires registration, but it's free and you can use a fake e-mail address)

and

http://en.justin.tv/atxhd66

AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Kacho no MISS *tehe~pero~*

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
My fax went through, but I didn't see it. It looked like they were just showing off faxes with advice, though. Hopefully they do a more thorough segment of just general faxes soon.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I hit my printscreen right as he was bowing. :doh:

Here's the fax wall so far:

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

FAXO CORNER

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Is that AD Takahashi giving him advice there?
What a lovely cardigan :)

Has he completed the bonus stages for level 6 or are there more?

Edit: Spincut, would you be so kind as to share the code you used to send a fax?

schuhart fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 24, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm convinced that hitting the moving bonus target in skydiving is the most impossible thing ever unless you're really good at Pilotwings skydiving.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Yeah, I don't see mine either but it's not like they were really looking at them. Maybe later.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Arino is having none of this:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Did the game just glitch out?

Edit: :lol: He's trying to fix the game during the birthday message.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Mayor McCheese posted:

Arino is having none of this:

I want this as an avatar so badly. I NEED this.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

CHIAKI :3:

She's still adorable.

Also, if he had turned a bit to the right, he might have landed that last one.

Doctor Hospital fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Feb 24, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm wondering if the AV cable on that SFC broke. The video seemed hosed up, but the audio was coming in just fine. :confused:

edit: I guess this is an old TamaGe since Arino has his old hair style?

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
Oh man, are they hunting down a replacement game/Super Famicom or something?

Also Chiaki is everywhere!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

at least there's no shortage of old segments to kill time!

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

It makes me wonder who all's showed up to wish Arino a happy birthday.

Keep your fingers crossed, maybe we'll see Downtown before the show's over with.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Which episode is this Tamage from? Its one of my favourites?
Is there any particular reason they are showing this one? Is it a favourite of Arino's or is it because of the technical problems?

Are the other games that are to be challenged writen on the schedual?
Could a clever person tell me which people just wished Arino a happy birthday?

schuhart fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Feb 24, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Emergency birthday wishes!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
And, we are back!

schuhart posted:

Is there any particular reason they are showing this one? Is it a favourite of Arino's or is it because of the technical problems?
Probably a mix of both. The producers know that there might be problems during the broadcast, so since it's his birthday, they likely asked Arino to pick out some of his favorite segments to play when they're trying to fix everything.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Man, I'd totally forgotten the weird music in Pilotwings.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

ONE loving POINT AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Did I understand that correctly? He only needed 1 point to beat this level?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Man With Scissor posted:

If you mean he was one point short of beating the level, then yes.

lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
noooooo

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Man With Scissor posted:

Yup! I didn't get the screenshot in time. :(

Hopefully someone grabbed it because that was bullshit.

Edit: ^^^ Hahaha, there you go.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

schuhart posted:

Which episode is this Tamage from? Its one of my favourites?

That's the tamage for episode 40 btw, Gargoyle's Quest II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

So they have given up on the skydiving bonus level then?

Edit: nice memory techknight.