Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

schuhart posted:

Edit: nice memory techknight.

I would love to take credit for that, but I just googled for "batting cage" and restricted the search to one of the episode guide sites. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Arino wasn't very happy with that 1 point:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Paper Lion posted:

I want this as an avatar so badly. I NEED this.

Good?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

I think the stream I'm watching is lower-quality, heh.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Nill posted:

I want to pretend they're dancing or competing in a dance-off since Arino looks like he's trying to do the robot and Takahashi's doing the "Walk Like an Egyptian" dance (I have no idea what it's actually called).

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Nill posted:

Petting Arino's invisible pet dog

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wait, he has to get a high enough score on all three challenges in one go to beat this? I haven't played this terrible game in forever but god drat.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Haha, is he saying je t'aime in frustration?

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Liku posted:

Good?

It'll have to do! I forget the context on that face and if him actively making it would be a better gif avatar but chances are that's as good as it gets. Thanks a ton!

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Liku posted:

Wait, he has to get a high enough score on all three challenges in one go to beat this? I haven't played this terrible game in forever but god drat.
Pretty much. As Kan would say, it's a cruel system.

E: He landed the gently caress out of that plane. Please don't gently caress up the rocketbelt, Arino. :ohdear:

E2: YES! :dance:

E3: Sakurai (the guy who created Kirby)? They got some pretty big names in the gaming industry doing this. :)

Obeast fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Feb 24, 2012

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Yes!

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Oh hey, it's Masahiro Sakurai!

And thank goodness. I was getting kind of sick of seeing level 6.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Yesss, another original song from the show! In the style of an old anime show...

Haha, the lyrics mention Abe's food booth failing to make a profit.

Apparently the song took three months to make and Inoue spent a day making the music video. It was sung by AP Ishida.

The majority of the lyrics were pretty much famous quotes from the show. Like "go under!", "go! whoops!", and the rest are describing Arino himself ("He hates dragons!")

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Feb 24, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Best music video ever, especially with the Arino walking in the desert footage from the US trip. :)

Edit: We need a translated version of this soon. I have a feeling the lyrics are funnier than I think.

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Kachou Fighter?! :xd: I'm going to be dead at work tomorrow, but I don't care! :xd:

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

zari-gani posted:

Yesss, another original song from the show! In the style of an old anime show...

Haha, the lyrics mention Abe's food booth failing to make a profit.

Apparently the song took three months to make and Inoue spent a day making the music video.

Hahaha, poor Abe. This video was pretty drat funny.

Edit: VVVV hahaha, you caught the best part.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Feb 24, 2012

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Did anyone get a screenshot of the directions for downloading the song?

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
Thanks for the translation Zari-Gani :D
Did i hear one of the lyrics mention "he's stuck in a pattern!" ?

Who are the two other gentlemen with Takahashi?

Please say someone screencapped the pictures of young Arino at the begining?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Nickoten posted:

Did anyone get a screenshot of the directions for downloading the song?

Unfortunately it doesn't matter unless you're in Japan with a Japanese cell phone. maybe it'll show up ripped later on.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

rdbbb posted:

Unfortunately it doesn't matter unless you're in Japan with a Japanese cell phone. maybe it'll show up ripped later on.

I'd be willing to take one for the team and do that if possible.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Here's what you CAN get with an iPhone right now though!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gemusentacx-gao-wei-shannobori/id498874764?mt=8
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gemusentacx-kugure-tsu!/id498873848?mt=8

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

schuhart posted:

Who are the two other gentlemen with Takahashi?

AD Katayama and AD Ito (male).

I know we haven't seen much of AD Takahashi (amongst the subbed releases) so just to let you know, the cardigan is a trademark thing for him. He's always wearing one.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Haha yesss, I still have 900 yen in my japanese itunes account!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

techknight posted:

Haha yesss, I still have 900 yen in my japanese itunes account!

Naw man, it's everywhere (or at least the US)

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I'm really tempted to buy these, but I don't want to end up hating them because my lack of knowing Japanese will get in the way of me ever beating them. :smithicide:

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

Obeast posted:

I'm really tempted to buy these, but I don't want to end up hating them because my lack of knowing Japanese will get in the way of me ever beating them. :smithicide:

Yeah.. I downloaded taiko no tatsujin some time ago and I have no idea how to restore the one or two purchased song packs I bought for it. :)

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Thanks Zari-giri, Im using Ray's excellant guide a lot but I still get confused. Thanks for all the work on this series, it was so amazing to finally see all these episodes translated. I remember waiting months for TV Nihon releases, so its kind of surreal to be sitting here watching a live stream with all of you.

Living in England makes this easy to watch since its only tweleve midday here, but you US fans have real dedication to stay up this late!

Those iphone games look interesting, are they any good Ray?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

schuhart posted:

Those iphone games look interesting, are they any good Ray?
Just found them and haven't tried yet, but probably not. they look like ports of the Japanese cell phone ones, so don't expect Retro Game Challenge or anything.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
I was thinking Arino was gonna get the last 70 whatever points in the rocketbelt on his first try. Then, him crashing in the water less than a minute in reminded me that this is Arino playing. :doh:

schuhart posted:

Living in England makes this easy to watch since its only tweleve midday here, but you US fans have real dedication to stay up this late!
I'm actually usually up this late, but I'm starting to get tired even though I'm drinking coffee at the moment. :)

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

They do look abit cheap, but I'd probably buy anything with the Kacho on it.
Speaking of which how is the translation for RGC 2 coming along?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

rdbbb posted:

Just found them and haven't tried yet, but probably not. they look like ports of the Japanese cell phone ones, so don't expect Retro Game Challenge or anything.

Just played em.. These are very, very simple games. I feel a little ripped off, but no one is going to have trouble understanding how to play.

In this one you just have to duck objects thrown at various heights:

genredleader
Jan 30, 2012
Well, that's it for me. I wanna stay up and see how he does and stuff but... I have work in eight hours. :( Good luck, Arino, happy birthday, and I hope to wake up to news that you finished Pilotwings. Good night, people! :xd:

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Obeast posted:

I'm actually usually up this late, but I'm starting to get tired even though I'm drinking coffee at the moment. :)

Its certainly worth staying up for, I cant wait to see what presents Arino gets next.
Also Im keeping a very detailed timeline of events for people to read after if they miss it. Inculding number of crash landings/deaths, which I estimate to be 31 as of now. Aot less than in most challenges!

Cheers for taking one for the team Techknight, what is the animation quality like?

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

genredleader posted:

Well, that's it for me. I wanna stay up and see how he does and stuff but... I have work in eight hours. :( Good luck, Arino, happy birthday, and I hope to wake up to news that you finished Pilotwings. Good night, people! :xd:

Same here, I need to get to sleep. Keep these pictures and updates coming!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
I didn't stay up all night for this. I woke up at 4 AM EST to watch the start of the episode.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

They're showing off the international faxes.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
USA FAX! gently caress YEAH! :dance:

Who's fax was that?

techknight posted:

Just played em.. These are very, very simple games. I feel a little ripped off, but no one is going to have trouble understanding how to play.

In this one you just have to duck objects thrown at various heights:

That looks pretty on par with the price, especially since it's a licensed game.

schuhart posted:

Its certainly worth staying up for, I cant wait to see what presents Arino gets next.
Also Im keeping a very detailed timeline of events for people to read after if they miss it. Inculding number of crash landings/deaths, which I estimate to be 31 as of now. Aot less than in most challenges!

Cheers for taking one for the team Techknight, what is the animation quality like?
I'm gonna try to stay up as long as I can, but I dunno if I'll go for the whole thing. Maybe until 6 or so, then I need to get some sleep since I have a few things I'd like to get done tomorrow/today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

well I'll be darned