Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Capped a few:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.
Hahaha, holy poo poo.

This one is mine. I'm so glad I stayed up for that. :3:

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
Awesome! Im so pleased they showed the faxes!
Did any of you use an online fax company? Also what specific area code did you use?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

schuhart posted:

Cheers for taking one for the team Techknight, what is the animation quality like?

Not horrible, but just sort of cheapo flash game kind of stuff.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Spincut posted:

Hahaha, holy poo poo.

This one is mine. I'm so glad I stayed up for that. :3:
That's really awesome. I wasn't paying much attention to the stream (I was writing my previous post) until I saw the US flag in the corner of my eye and realized that they were showing off your fax. Arino sounded pretty surprised by it, which isn't surprising since he probably didn't realize that we're watching (and cheering for) him as well. :)

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Congrats to those who got their faxes on the show!

They only really commented on one of them.
Kibe: "This one is from Greece."
Arino: "What? How do you know?"
Kibe: "It says 'Greece' [in Japanese]."
Arino: "They wrote it in katakana!"

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

schuhart posted:

Awesome! Im so pleased they showed the faxes!
Did any of you use an online fax company? Also what specific area code did you use?

I used faxzero.com. If you click the international fax link and choose Japan, it'll put in the national code for you, just drop the 0 off the front of the fax number (3-whatever instead of 03-whatever).

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Paper Lion posted:

It'll have to do! I forget the context on that face and if him actively making it would be a better gif avatar but chances are that's as good as it gets. Thanks a ton!

I released it's not quite centered, if you want I'll center it better and/or resize it.

Obeast posted:

Pretty much. As Kan would say, it's a cruel system.

Brutal. I don't know if he's going to make it through since this is the case.

It's about 5 in the morning in CA, I'm assuming this is going to wrap up sometime soon? I'd hate to miss some of it.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

If by "soon" you mean 9 AM, then yes.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Liku posted:

I released it's not quite centered, if you want I'll center it better and/or resize it.

Brutal. I don't know if he's going to make it through since this is the case.

It's about 5 in the morning in CA, I'm assuming this is going to wrap up sometime soon? I'd hate to miss some of it.

Actually, if it's not too much trouble maybe centering it would be good...though again, if you think it would look better as a gif later then I might wait on it till a gif can be made. I forget if just the face is funny or if him making the face was just as good :v:

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

I just realized this was going on. How long has he been on the 7th challenges?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Since the last hour and a half or so I believe?

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
Are they still doing faxes? I just woke up and I want in on this.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'll be sleeping through the end of it.

Paper Lion posted:

Actually, if it's not too much trouble maybe centering it would be good...though again, if you think it would look better as a gif later then I might wait on it till a gif can be made. I forget if just the face is funny or if him making the face was just as good :v:

Recentering it will be easy enough, so you can hold onto it if no one makes the .gif.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

GidgetNomates posted:

Are they still doing faxes? I just woke up and I want in on this.

Taking them throughout the show, but only had a couple of fax segments.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

rdbbb posted:

Taking them throughout the show, but only had a couple of fax segments.

I don't really care if they show mine, I just want to send one :3:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Arino's got the cooling pads out... I'm kinda surprised it took him this long considering how long he's been stuck on this level.

Edit: What are they laughing about?

VVV Something like that... I'm at the point where I'm halfway paying attention unless there's a lot of yelling going on, so I've definitely lost track of time.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Feb 24, 2012

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Its been a good 2 hours now, right?

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Spincut posted:

I used faxzero.com. If you click the international fax link and choose Japan, it'll put in the national code for you, just drop the 0 off the front of the fax number (3-whatever instead of 03-whatever).

Thanks very much I just sent mine. Keep a look out for one with a union jack on. I gave a shout out to some of the AD's on it too!

schuhart fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 24, 2012

makere
Jan 14, 2012

ARINO NEEDS YOU!

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

He's been on this section since 8:51 according to my record, but there have been a few segments in the meantime. He's crash landed on this part 22 times, im not even counting the number of times he failed due to not having enough points.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Tried to send a fax from a convenience store here, but apparently they're still getting slammed as of half an hour ago. I got a busy error at least 5 times before giving up.

Glad people are seeing theirs though! And seriously, to the people providing links to the streams? You're godsends. I don't get FujiTV, so I always miss out on these.

e: faxzero doesn't seem to be working any more either..."At the request of the receiver, faxes cannot be sent to 0355001550."

Lock fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Feb 24, 2012

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
How many presents has he actually opened? I'm been watching sporadically for the last couple hours and only recall seeing him open one, the Dragon Quest slime.

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

opened one boxed presents; the couple of others were the video hints. Yeah, these live shows almost never go as planned.

Lock posted:

Tried to send a fax from a convenience store here, but apparently they're still getting slammed as of half an hour ago. I got a busy error at least 5 times before giving up.

e: faxzero doesn't seem to be working any more either..."At the request of the receiver, faxes cannot be sent to 0355001550."

haha jesus, I imagine people must be sending all sorts of angry-sounding Pilotwings hints

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
There's no point in trying for the bonus landing if you're hovering at 60-70 feet.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Only one so far! :( I think he opens one per level he passes. He has 39 more to open so I hope he gets one soon!

Lock, how much is Fuji TV to recieve?

poo poo, well i hope mine got through. To be honest I think we already achieved that objective of letting him know he is loved internationally, so Im really pleased that some got through!

EDIT: Mine failed too, something about the phone line being disconnected :(

schuhart fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Feb 24, 2012

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Man With Scissor posted:

How many presents has he actually opened? I'm been watching sporadically for the last couple hours and only recall seeing him open one, the Dragon Quest slime.
As far as I can tell, you didn't miss anything in terms of the presents. It's sad, because I really want to see which one zari hinted to know something about (I'm sure she'll tell us about it if he doesn't open it).

Shady3011
Oct 21, 2008
Landing on that moving platform is a pipe dream.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Oh my god Arino how are you THIS bad at this

Seriously just mute the stream and play the quest of ki song on loop because I am getting nasty loving flashbacks right now

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

schuhart posted:

Only one so far! :( I think he opens one per level he passes. He has 39 more to open so I hope he gets one soon!

Lock, how much is Fuji TV to recieve?

poo poo, well i hope mine got through. To be honest I think we already achieved that objective of letting him know he is loved internationally, so Im really pleased that some got through!

Honestly I don't know, I've never bothered with getting cable or satellite hooked up in my apartment. I do know that the station GCCX is broadcasted on is usually an extra channel beyond the basic package, though sometimes the specials are broadcast on a different station.

And yah, I feel better after seeing the screengrabs of them showing the international faxes. Pretty sure they're getting the message!

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Welp, the T.V seems to have broken.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

Oh my god Arino how are you THIS bad at this

Seriously just mute the stream and play the quest of ki song on loop because I am getting nasty loving flashbacks right now

There's a reason why you guys aren't going to get the live challenges translated.

So how many hours do you think he's going to go over? I figured it would probably be four hours...

Edit: My fax through Fax Zero just went through so they're not blocking it now...

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
Someone send him a fax telling him to avoid the moving bonus platforms until he gets better at hitting the stationary ones.

You would think muscle memory would've kicked in by now...

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

schuhart posted:

No, they're opening presents at random. A bunch have been "opened" so far -- each message from a celebrity and how-to videos by Emoto and Ito count as one present. As for physical presents, yeah, they've only opened the amazing Birthday Slime so far.

Also: Kan has stated in his twitter that there will definitely be no extensions this time.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

So how many hours do you think he's going to go over? I figured it would probably be four hours...
I kinda doubt that they will go overtime with this at this rate unless a miracle happens and/or one of the ADs step in and finishes this level for him out of pure frustration.

Edit: If he 100 pts the hang glider, I will stick with this until the end regardless of how tired I get. :)

VVVV I know how you feel... I also how how the staff feels watching him play a game for nearly 13 hours straight.

Obeast fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 24, 2012

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

This is brutal. Watching the live stream makes me appreciate the snappily edited regular episodes even more than I already did.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:

Lock posted:

Glad people are seeing theirs though! And seriously, to the people providing links to the streams? You're godsends. I don't get FujiTV, so I always miss out on these.

Someone said this in the thread but you have to click the international fax link near the top of the page (I didn't see it at first but I searched the page for "international" and found it, it's just a small text link) and remove the 0 at the start of the number. I sent one, but it's still in the "attempting to send" phase so there's no telling if it'll actually go through.

edit: Well apparently mine just finished delivering so GO FOR IT!

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Hitting the moving platform seems like complete dumb luck to me. You can't see it coming when you're up in the air and have to pretty much approximate where you think it's going to be once you've descended. The one time I remember Arino landing on it was when it changed directions. He missed it the first time, overshooting slightly, but caught it on the way back. Unfortunately, I don't think the platform changes directions like that in the later levels.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Random Stranger posted:

Edit: My fax through Fax Zero just went through so they're not blocking it now...

That's really weird, I'm still getting the error. Maybe it's just blocked from Japan? Or they just throw it up when they get a busy signal?

Either way, good to hear people from the thread ARE getting through.

EDIT: hurfdurf I'm an idiot, didn't think to try the international link, thanks Gidget! Still, $3+ when I'm right freaking here? Ouch.

Lock fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Feb 24, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Man With Scissor posted:

Hitting the moving platform seems like complete dumb luck to me. You can't see it coming when you're up in the air and have to pretty much approximate where you think it's going to be once you've descended. The one time I remember Arino landing on it was when it changed directions. He missed it the first time, overshooting slightly, but caught it on the way back. Unfortunately, I don't think the platform changes directions like that in the later levels.

It's easier if you keep the default view, I think - at least that way you can kind of see it coming.