Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

Random Stranger posted:

There's a reason why you guys aren't going to get the live challenges translated.

Except for the 2-hour Takeshi's Challenge challenge :v:

I was also able to send a fax through faxzero not long ago, though it took two tries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!

Random Stranger posted:

Edit: My fax through Fax Zero just went through so they're not blocking it now...

Thanks for the tip, Im re-trying now!
Also thanks for the translations, you're making my decade!

I think he is going for the bonus ones to make up for his poor skil at the others, I personally prefer the top down view and go for a risky drop landing but it means hovering really close to the water.

Yeah I doubt he'd do overtime on his birthday. I feel bad enough for his family as it is!

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
It seems everyone is paying attention to the altimeter but Arino. The amount of time he spends at 2 feet on the rocket belt is nerve wracking.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Haha, Arino's reaction to getting 53 points on that

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I think Arino is about to cry for being stuck on this for this long. I'll give him one or two more attempts, but my eyelids and brain are telling me to get to sleep.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Yeah, ignore me about not getting through on faxzero, I didn't think to click the international link. Now I'm just trying to justify spending almost 4 dollars to send a few lines of random text to a Japanese celebrity who likely won't even see the thing.

Ah screw it, the man's turning 40 and it doesn't look like he's gonna be beating this anytime soon. I'll try the convenience store one more time.

Also, love how they're treating the light plane part almost like a rally race. "One hundred, straight ahead."

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Kan's "takahashi-kun..." was pretty good as well ;)

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

The justintv stream just went down, what's wrong?

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Yes my fax just went through on Fax Zero! Could you guys keep an eye out of a Union Jack?

Also I find it funny that the stream is advertising CoD MW3 DLC over GCCX, they're polar opposites of what I think of games.

Its interesting to watch a challenge live, since I sometimes feel that they exagerate how many times he dies in challenge. This part has been going for two and half hours I think, and he's nearly died thirty times. So I guess they dont have to exagerate too much.

I think he's doing really well though! Heaven knows how badly I would be doing, and I think I might have actually finished this game. It ends with an awesome helicopter section right?

schuhart fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 24, 2012

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

It's back up now, just refresh.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

FINALLY. Fax went through. The hell's wrong with me, on a Friday night, leaving my apartment just to run out to fax a hand-written note to a 40-year-old playing video games.

Did I miss anything? Doesn't look like it....

e: crap, sorry for the doublepost. Figured it had taken me longer than that.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

drat, the ancient fax machine in work isn't working at all. I wanted to send this:

Though it's probably not a reference that would be familiar in Japan anyway. Ah well.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Thats awesome :D

I hope both of faxes get shown, they're for a good cause.
No you didn't miss much, Arino is struggling with the light plane test. :(

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I'll give him one more chance to beat this level. If he messes up, then I'm going to bed.

If I do go to bed, then it's been fun goons and goonette(s)! Sorry I can't stay for the last couple hours, but I'm way past my usual bedtime and I have some stuff to do later today. I hope that we can get an abridged version of this so I can see how it ends if he gets past this level (which I'm really doubting he will, but he's pulled off some pretty amazing things over the years, so I know it's not impossible).

Edit: Okay, good night! :)

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Fickle Fascination posted:

drat, the ancient fax machine in work isn't working at all. I wanted to send this:

Though it's probably not a reference that would be familiar in Japan anyway. Ah well.

this is the most beautiful thing.

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008
Heh, just tried doing this same light plane test myself. First try, 42 points, second try, 70. It's really not hard.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011

Fickle Fascination posted:

This is great! I can fax it if you'd like.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Somebody needs to remind him that the plane has a brake.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

unsupervised posted:

This is great! I can fax it if you'd like.

That would be brilliant, thanks!

EDIT: Larger version

birdlaw fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 24, 2012

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Man With Scissor posted:

Heh, just tried doing this same light plane test myself. First try, 42 points, second try, 70. It's really not hard.

I personally find the plane the hardest, particualry because you have the extra pressure of having to land. But yes, its not too hard to if you corner early and allow time for turning and gaining altitude.

I wonder how he copes with the pressure or if it even bothers him anymore.

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011
Just received an email from myfax.com, successfully sent fax confirmation.

Keep an eye out for a big rear end Australian flag and words of encouragement.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

Happy birthday Kachou!

Loved the paper countdown. And loving this birthday song even more.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I can't believe what he's singing...

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
gently caress YES, 53 STATIONS SONG

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary

Champignon posted:

gently caress YES, 53 STATIONS SONG

i am laughing so hard right now

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

I'm officially jealous of Arino's birthday party

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

zari-gani posted:

I'm officially jealous of Arino's birthday party

Not Ritzy enough yet

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Was that AD Tsuroka on the guitar. I don't think his appearance should have changed that much.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

How strange. I just was timing a section of a different episode which mentions the guy who is on the phone right now.

And yeah, that's AD Tsuroka.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Tsuruoka was awesome on the guitar!
That was great to hear, I love that the song is as well remebered even after this time.

Who is this on the phone? His comedy partner?

Man With Scissor
Mar 18, 2008

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

joek0 posted:

Was that AD Tsuroka on the guitar. I don't think his appearance should have changed that much.

I don't think he's changed that much?

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

OH MAN HERE WE GO

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

NO WAY!!

edit: WAY! Zari-gani, lemme congratulate you!

Famibomb
Sep 2, 2011

zari-gani posted:

OH MAN HERE WE GO

loving Masterpiece.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Woah! Nice job zari gani! And congrats!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

He recognized the artist, too. :D

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Nice going, Zani!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU