Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

Love the Toujima in the illustration. Very nice touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
stealing your mother's diary
I'm so glad I skipped class this morning. That poster is amazing.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
Wow!

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
That's great! Congrats, Zari-Gani!

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
@zarigani
Will you post a better quality pic? Awesome drawing and fax.

unsupervised
Sep 2, 2011
Someone pull a "Thank you, Nina!" ringtone for her.

So great.

benjiman
Sep 2, 2011
Congratulations, zarigani, but I think that slime will haunt us until the end of time...

1337_CroniX
Nov 22, 2005
The Warrior Of Ruin
Could we possibly get a quick translation of what they said about that amazing poster please?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I love the Arino-slime so much.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

schuhart posted:

Tsuruoka was awesome on the guitar!
That was great to hear, I love that the song is as well remebered even after this time.

One of the messages during the 24 hour lemmings show was from AD Tsuroka. He sings the 53 Stations song there to with a guitar.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I wonder who chooses all the music for the show? That was just a small clip of "The Go! Team" when they were introducing Hamaguchi. Whoever it is has some good taste, what with the Aquabats and others played before.

Also wonderful how Arino pointed to Watanabe and Tani, saying that's was where Kan was in the picture.

schuhart
Oct 31, 2011

Team SA GCCX are the bomb!
The poster is amazing Nina! That blew me away, I cant wait to see a high quality version! I love that he went through all the little details and referances, they are brilliant!

Best gift so far!

Hateheh
May 9, 2009
The challenge might not have gone so well, but these birthday celebrations really made up for it. Awesome job on the present zari-gani, you should really feel proud!

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

Higher-res

http://tvde.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/jlab-dat/k/s/dat1330096218904.jpg
http://tvde.web.infoseek.co.jp/cgi-bin/jlab-dat/k/s/dat1330096227729.jpg

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Your secret identity is now blown! Amazing work as always though, and it's excellent to see them being so accepting of the international fanbase in general. I imagine at least someone on staff is going "how the hell are they even watching?", but they're letting everyone know we are anyway.

They should just start getting you do do art for every event.

edit: forgot to mention, the flag icons = brilliant.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Holy poo poo, that poster is amazing! There are so many awesome touches, like the Lemmings banner :3:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Wow, awesome art zari-gani! I'm tearing up over here...

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Holy crap zari-gani, that poster is incredible.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Sorry I'm still recovering from shock; I didn't think they'd credit me so thoroughly and show so much of the picture. :3:

Amazingly enough before Kan said anything Arino recognized my work from the US trip, then Kan explained that I'm Japanese and a professional artist and have a lot of love for the show. Arino pointed out Katayama, then Emoto, amazed that I know the "Inoue's Challenge" segment. Kan said he's in there too, and Arino went "are you this one?" pointing at Watanabe, then Tanii (where he then noticed he's holding the tally of deaths during the Quest of Ki live challenge). He finally pointed at Kan then covered up the face and said "if you block this part, it looks like Abe." Kan then told him where Abe is and Arino noticed Toujima's blocking the sun. That's about all I can remember; I'll have to watch it again and sub it. ETA: Oh yeah, he also noticed that I put my name in Japanese on the whiteboard, under the Hokkaido Serial Murders chick. The writing next to it says "Might be the killer! Just a hunch" (I traced it directly from that episode).

Then they brought out the deranged fax I drew at 3 in the morning. Arino said the slime is creepy.

Then they both told me thank you :3: Kan was the one who approached me asking me to draw a birthday picture for Arino. The whole pic was completely up to me as long as I put "Happy Birthday" and his age in there somewhere so naturally I felt like I had to draw the entire televised staff so that no one feels left out.

I'll post a high-res version of the poster after the challenge is over. But I will post this now:

(I wrote in all katakana 'cause that's standard gaijin speak. Ray was subbed in all-katakana too in the Strider episode recap of the USA trip...)

zari-gani fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Feb 24, 2012

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!
That is so completely awesome. Wow.

Lock
Aug 8, 2007

hardcore sound gets you hypah

I was wondering about the katakana. It all makes perfect sense now. You've done so much for the international fans of this show; it's good to see you getting some recognition for your hard work.

And for that matter, the entirety of the SAGCCX crew, you've all made this possible. Zari-gani's stuff wouldn't have made it on the show without the interest generated by all of your hard work. Thank you all over again!!

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

So how long do you figure it's gonna be till they ask you to actually work on the show in some capacity zari-gani? :)

Egregious
Oct 29, 2011
I regret not being awake for the entire thing but what I am seeing now is still awesome.

And congrats on the featured artwork, zari-gani. :D

Edit: Just got a confirmation on a successful fax from Faxzero so thanks for the tips, guys! :D

Egregious fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 24, 2012

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

zari-gani posted:

(I wrote in all katakana 'cause that's standard gaijin speak. Ray was subbed in all-katakana too in the Strider episode recap of the USA trip...)

I never realized Japanese shows did this. It almost seems a little mean-spirited, haha.

MaskedTai
May 30, 2011

zari-gani posted:

Then they brought out the deranged fax I drew at 3 in the morning. Arino said the slime is creepy.

God, that slime is really creepy. It kind of reminds me of some of the stuff you see on the whiteboard behind Arino in some of the episodes, like this thing:

Except yours feels a bit more like something you might see in the "Arino's Challenge" openers where they paste his face on something.

Congratulations on getting your poster on the show, again! It's a really fantastic piece of work.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

Actually I forgot I have the pic on this computer. Here you go:

Balcony detail:

Sakuma Asako detail:

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
Just noticed the birds and dragon on the throne. Nice one!

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That poster is amazing. I've had some heavy stuff going on this week, and I've been pretty depressed, but that really helped pick me up this morning.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Don't tell me they're actually going to try for the bonus. You know how that will probably end.

Edit: Kachou NO BONUS

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

That put a huge dopey grin on my face. Astounding, sterling work as ever, zari-gani, and further evidence (as if it was needed) that GCCX has developed a uniquely close relationship with it's overseas, 'unofficial' fanbase.

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!
Holy hell, zari-gani! That picture is amazing!

I'm kinda sad that I didn't tune into the stream sooner, I would have loved to see Arino's reaction. Ah well, guess I'll tune in now and watch him be a cool guy.

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
Great art zarigani! I hope that you choose to sub the Pilotwings episode later from season 12.

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
I feel like I should know who the guy in the tracksuit in the balcony is, but I am blanking out really hard and it's bothering me a lot. Anyone care to help?

joek0
Oct 13, 2011

Uznare posted:

I feel like I should know who the guy in the tracksuit in the balcony is, but I am blanking out really hard and it's bothering me a lot. Anyone care to help?

It's one of the Directors on the show who rarly appears on the show. He appears in the 2012 New Year's Special.

Also, who is on the far right of the balcony?

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Did he just get an Extend?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Did I chose a moment to walk in on this; Looks like Return of Revenge of Counterattack of Last Pilotwings from where I'm standing.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Also that's a lot of sega stuff in that DVD.

GidgetNomates
May 6, 2010

I love this hobby:
I want a "I am a 40s gamer" shirt so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

joek0 posted:

It's one of the Directors on the show who rarly appears on the show. He appears in the 2012 New Year's Special.

Also, who is on the far right of the balcony?

Yeah it's Director Fujimoto. He hates appearing on camera. And Suda is on the far right, running to catch the train.

Phuzzy posted:

Did he just get an Extend?

Kan said that despite all his insisting that there won't be an extension, they're gonna try for an extension because it would be sad to let the challenge end here.